Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,538)

Showing posts 50,741 - 50,760 of112,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Our hero is back in action again! He's sealed the mummy that wouldn't die back into the tomb after tricking it in with some gummy bears.
Now he must seal the gateway with the spell of the Ancient Incontinence. All that library work must pay off now! The mummy MUST NOT find its way back into the light of day. Its hideous screams of "Mommy!!!" must not reach the ears of the living ever again!
He placed the amulet back on the altar, where it was removed years ago by the cursed Professor X. He brought his notes out of his shirt pocket and offered the gift of Frankincense and nasal excretions to the altar bowl of penance. He spoke the ancient words of the Zoroastran monks from the Order of Bad Grammar.
Would the mummy be forever sealed? Would it spend eternity chasing itself through the ancient passages that it dug for itself so long ago? Our hero slumped back against the gateway door. He was exhausted. Never again would he invite the undead into the living world where it would never find peace.
The dues of English language, has been paid a long time ago, during the colonial rule. Harvard and Yale university, are some good evidence to that.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Get a day old chimp or monkey, start training that animal like humans, till the animal grows up. Send that animal to the best school, and see whether that animal will ever graduate out of that school. This is just practical. The differences are very clear.

Again I was able to make out what you are saying in your post, but your logic does not follow. We are all decended from worm like creatures that lived over half a billion years ago. Would you expect a worm to be successful at college?

And on the other end I bet if you had to survive in the seas of ancient earth you would not do even so well as the worm in college!!!

The difference are very clear.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are of the bands of losers and liars.

You are of the bands of losers and liars.

At least when I say it the sentence follows from the post I am responding to.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Typos:
I meant, if you don't know, the dues has been paid during the colonial times. Harvard and Yale university, are some good examples.

I'm very sorry, but this makes no more sense than what you wrote the first time.

You can now respond with a poorly worded insult as is your custom.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
Here is what I said again:
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have thus clarified my stance.
Mathematics is not a science in the same sense that Chemistry, Evolution, Physics, Anthropology,..... are sciences. It is an applied science and only a small portion is devoted to research. Mostly, as it is actually used BY science is as a language,... i.e. a method of describing fundamental reality in precise terms.
-----
You seem (again I am not sure of your exact meaning) to be trying to say that science needs mathematics to do its job.[Please type the number 5 at the beginning of your response if you have read this and comprehend it.] That would be correct. When have I ever suggested otherwise? Again, I don't think you comprehended my post before you responded emotionally to it.
Calculus, Integration, differentiation, exponentials, logarithms, surds, indices, sines, cosines, tangents, metric systems, reciprocals to mention a few, are Mathematical concepts, Physics and Chemistry, can never ever do without. Except they want to rest in peace, forever.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The dues of English language, has been paid a long time ago, during the colonial rule. Harvard and Yale university, are some good evidence to that.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGG! Why do you keep repeating this barrage of random words!?!?!?!

Harvard pains the initiate. The displayed table scores. The yellow chicken waters a biting vacuum. Can English drain the wrapped billfold?

http://www.watchout4snakes.com/creativitytool...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are ranting about something I never suggested. This reflects a lack of reading comprehension on your part.
College courses are not all language though they are presented in a language. I am not sure if this is a misunderstanding or if you just feel the need to say anything no matter how asinine.
Grow up and be serious for once, Clown. Mathematics, as a subject or course of study, is under the faculty or college of science, in my country. This Mathematics to be science. In yours, no.
So, this is just a matter of choice( an Economics concept).

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Mary wrote:
Our God is an awesome God.
Your god is a myth...as are ALL others

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
??? We are not talking about disproving the creations of God or at the expense of any faith (except pseudoscience). We are talking about the fact of evolution.
Furthermore, you have just denied the understanding of hundreds of millions of Christians from around the world. Do you understand that you just did that?
Please reread what I wrote and try to look into the matter more deeply.
----------
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is incorrect.
1. Evolution has no stand on God, beliefs, theology, etc.
2. The theory of evolution was first proposed by a man who believed in god.
3. The early supporters of the theory were mostly Christians.
4. Major Christian universities nearly all teach evolution in their science department.
5. The majority of U.S. Christian denominations that have expressed an opinion on Evolution have stated that it does not conflict with Christian beliefs.
6. Millions of biological scientists around the world are Christians or members of other theistic religions.
7. Clergy Letter Project
http://www.theclergyletterproject.org/
8. Thank God For Evolution
www.thankgodforevolution.com/
Also, Evolution IS a science. In fact (as I have told you before) it is one of the hallmark sciences in terms of explication of the scientific method. Darwin is regarded, among scientists, and one of the 3 greatest scientists of all time. It is also the science that has more material evidence than any other theory in the history of science.
Evolution is BOTH a Theory AND a FACT
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fact_and_t ...
I hope this helps you clarify your mispreception of evolution as being somehow "anti - godly beliefs".
You are welcome.
Evolution of apes to humans, is a lie. To date, their so called evidence, are just manipulations, guessings, shams and projections, just to mention a few. No valid evidence, to date.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just write in your native language and I can run it through a translator on the net. You English is just incomprehensible most of the time.
Observation, Mr. English professor?
What is you English ?
I really thought that, it is only people like us, that can make such a mistake. Lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I don't think you understood what I wrote. Here is the post you replied to. Please note that your response makes no sense as a reply to what I said.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
As understanding what is in people heads (hearts) is my profession I hope I at least have some, god given, skill in that regard!
Again, your response was off topic as I never claimed to be god. I was just trying to help you with your anger and self esteem issues.
I also try to help you with your English. For my efforts I receive nothing but vitriol from you. I guess appreciation is a bit to much to expect for my service to you.
If you are looking for living animals to educate, the babbons, monkeys etc, are all there, waiting for your visit. Do that quickly!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I understood what you said in this post! That is wonderful.
Why would the bible be history. Other works that are even older have survived and done quite well, even works of fiction. So there is no reason to assume that just because the bible is still around that it is inspired by God. It may be true, but the logic does not follow.
There are so many countless ancient books, but the bible, is widely read, world wide. That, other could not do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I was able to make out what you are saying in your post, but your logic does not follow. We are all decended from worm like creatures that lived over half a billion years ago. Would you expect a worm to be successful at college?
And on the other end I bet if you had to survive in the seas of ancient earth you would not do even so well as the worm in college!!!
The difference are very clear.
I0 million years, and the likes. Another form of exaggeration.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The dues of English language, has been paid a long time ago, during the colonial rule. Harvard and Yale university, are some good evidence to that.
Our hero finds himself exhausted on the floor of the temple. Suddenly, yet another tomb bat, the dreaded scholastic quote bat, is coming at him to punish him with arcane words of old English.

He thinks to himself, "I think I AM!" Sadly, the bat is Italian and cannot conjugate without clear masculine and feminine verb action. He switched over to American and gives the bat a fatal concussion with his pistol butt, never realizing the poor choreography!

He left the tomb and began his journey back to civilization.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Daniel Webster

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from anothe quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence. I must confess that I do apprehend some danger. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men and become the instruments of their own undoing."

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."

"If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

wolverine wrote:
Daniel Webster
"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from anothe quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence. I must confess that I do apprehend some danger. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men and become the instruments of their own undoing."
"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."
"If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go
"Fascism will come wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There are so many countless ancient books, but the bible, is widely read, world wide. That, other could not do.
So is the Koran, so is that also must be the truth

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Evolution of apes to humans, is a lie. To date, their so called evidence, are just manipulations, guessings, shams and projections, just to mention a few. No valid evidence, to date.

No, sorry. You clearly have not studied the science of evolution. Evolution IS a proven fact. It is no longer questioned in science because of the tons (literally) of evidence. There is no guessing involved. There are multiple lines of data (the holy grail of scientific proof) from different fields of science.

Just because you ignore the evidence does not mean the evidence does not exist.

AND you are still ignoring the fact the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of devoted Christians (all of whom are smarter and more informed than you) have no problem with the science of evolution nor any other science.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
??? We are not talking about disproving the creations of God or at the expense of any faith (except pseudoscience). We are talking about the fact of evolution.
Furthermore, you have just denied the understanding of hundreds of millions of Christians from around the world. Do you understand that you just did that?
Please reread what I wrote and try to look into the matter more deeply.
----------
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is incorrect.
1. Evolution has no stand on God, beliefs, theology, etc.
2. The theory of evolution was first proposed by a man who believed in god.
3. The early supporters of the theory were mostly Christians.
4. Major Christian universities nearly all teach evolution in their science department.
5. The majority of U.S. Christian denominations that have expressed an opinion on Evolution have stated that it does not conflict with Christian beliefs.
6. Millions of biological scientists around the world are Christians or members of other theistic religions.
7. Clergy Letter Project
http://www.theclergyletterproject.org/
8. Thank God For Evolution
www.thankgodforevolution.com/
Also, Evolution IS a science. In fact (as I have told you before) it is one of the hallmark sciences in terms of explication of the scientific method. Darwin is regarded, among scientists, and one of the 3 greatest scientists of all time. It is also the science that has more material evidence than any other theory in the history of science.
Evolution is BOTH a Theory AND a FACT
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fact_and_t ...
I hope this helps you clarify your mispreception of evolution as being somehow "anti - godly beliefs".
You are welcome.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text> "Fascism will come wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis
"Ignorance will come wrapped in the quotes of a dead, America hating alcoholic"

"President Starky"

"Stuff's gettin better"

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Observation, Mr. English professor?
What is you English ?
I really thought that, it is only people like us, that can make such a mistake. Lol.

A typo. What the heck was your next sentence about?

I am just trying to help. If you wrote in your native language we could run it through babelfish and get a choppy but probably understandable translation. Then we could, possibly, understand what you are talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 50,741 - 50,760 of112,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••