Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223189 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Anonymous

London, UK

#52705 Oct 14, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Drew....More Ignorant Then Usual.
You Me And The Rest Of The Band, Have No Idea How Life Began, Talk Origins Doesnt Either....But, You Actually Believe This....Wow, What Indoctrination Can Do To The Weak Minded.
"What indoctrination can do to the weak minded" wow, coming from an indoctrinated creationist, that is the most hilarious thing I have heard in like, well on this forum, in like the last few hours LOL

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#52706 Oct 14, 2012
Evolution is a religion.

"Stuff's gettin better"

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#52707 Oct 14, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Evolution is a religion.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Is evolution "your" religion?
OLD HAPPY

San Angelo, TX

#52708 Oct 14, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> So you think the computers, created by an atheist, are the will of God?
Things are no more complex now than they ever were. There was always complexity. It was just not within the human scope of understanding and some things still are not. But science will discover the complexity while you sit and say 'goddidit'.
Creationist by in large believe that things were complex from the very beginning and everything now is just a reproduction of material things which are following instructional patterns from former things. Everything that is made must follow some sort of pattern as to how it works. The Theory of Intelligent Design SCPID explains the basic concept and gives importance to cycling reproduction. I found it on GOOGLE why can't you?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#52709 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Is evolution "your" religion?
I'm not religious.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#52710 Oct 14, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not religious.
Another whopper told by Starkey.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#52711 Oct 14, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Economies existed long before anyone created laws or theories to describe them.
<quoted text>
But the model of supply and demand, along with other economic models and theories, were created by human beings *after* they observed people going about their daily business. Markets already existed. People already engaged in economic activity. All of this took place countless years before the first economist created models and theories to explain what was being observed.
Same with Physics, Chemistry and others. The elements, matter, energy and other physical, chemical and biological property(ties), were in existence, before human discoveries.

Location hidden

#52712 Oct 14, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
It's built in to everyone?
Apparently not. There are cultures in the world today that have no words for numbers.
That does not make Mathematics to be a language. Mathematics in most world universities, are under the faculty of Sciences...

Location hidden

#52713 Oct 14, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So are economics and mathematics.
Ofcourse, i said that, in response to your comments.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#52714 Oct 14, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not religious.
If evolution isn't "your" religion ,
then it isn't a religion.

Location hidden

#52715 Oct 14, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to change your story as you go. This is typical of compulsive liars.
Lying for what?
Physics is as useless to nothing, if Mathematical principles, are not included...
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#52716 Oct 14, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Funny, Many Innocents Died
The Murderer Was A Nutjob , Not A Example Of A Typical Christian.
You Guys Will Use Anything To Make Yourselves Look Stupid. This Is What Is Meant When Someone Talks Of Inmoral Behavior.
Says the guy who just posted "If You Havent Been Banned, You Aint Livin Right."

When people can't tell when you're serious and when you're not, you're not showing your smarts too well......unless you've already lost control of that rictus grin!

Location hidden

#52717 Oct 14, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually math is well characterized as a language. It is a way of describing the relationship of facts one to another.
And math is not built in. If it is not learned at an early age it is possible to never understand it fully. Language is much the same way.
No!
The concept of Mathematics, is historical. People in the earlier centuries, traded by barter, developed their local form of Arithmetic(Maths).
Language is man made like Maths, but languages are under the faculty of Arts in most of the world universities. While Maths are under the sciences.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#52718 Oct 14, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Evolution is a religion.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Starky is a looney!

Location hidden

#52719 Oct 14, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And as I have pointed out to Charles, some cultures in the world today don't even have number words.
Some does not mean all...
Inductive and deductive reasoning...

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#52720 Oct 14, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If evolution isn't "your" religion ,
then it isn't a religion.
I don't have a religion.
Evolution is your religion.

Location hidden

#52721 Oct 14, 2012
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we all know this just means "I'M A TROLL!!!!!!!!"
Give me a challenge or f*** off... I guess that means you are f***ing off now, someone come save me I'm bored :(
Don't be bored, Frank.
Two parrellel lines can never meet, unless a transverse line(agreement) is drawn...
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#52722 Oct 14, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not religious.
No, I'd say that you're a garden-variety, passive/aggressive teenager who wants attention.

You're kind of trapped though in that you won't talk to unregistered users and you are too @nal-retentitive to reference any claims that you may have.

That just kind of makes you kind of a forum ghost-turd, one that we haven't been able to swoosh out the door yet.

Location hidden

#52723 Oct 14, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Just shows off their true lack of understanding.
Ofcourse!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#52724 Oct 14, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a religion.
Evolution is your religion.
I'm glad Topix doesn't have breakable objects for you to destroy for attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arpaio pardon fallout 26 min ardith 9
News Conservative Lawmaker Quits Congress After Disc... 30 min ardith 25
News Roy Moore vehemently denies sexual misconduct 31 min hawaiian punch 108
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 32 min hawaiian punch 1,094
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 1,655,545
News Senate Democrats stand united against GOP tax bill 1 hr Quirky 177
News Black New York legislator denounces Trump's dec... 1 hr Ms Sassy 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Judge Roy Bongo 45,662
News Al Franken leaves Washington after speaking on ... 4 hr Red Crosse 83
News Obama: Protect democracy or risk taking path of... 4 hr Red Crosse 117
More from around the web