Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221272 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#52486 Oct 12, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Human-created laws and theories are abstractions. They are mental models. They are not reality itself.
<quoted text>
That's a meaningless statement. Economies existed long before anyone created laws or theories to describe them.
You don't know what you are talking about. Economics laws, theories and principles, are practical. The law of demand, supply are practical. We see them daily.

Location hidden

#52487 Oct 12, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I know some doctors who consult me on figuring percentages.
One of the basis of medicine or medical professions, is Mathematics.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#52488 Oct 12, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, the poll I site is just as official as the one that you site. That is why it was reported by so many sources. Do you

Once again, ow. It must suck to be you.
Oh ya 30 atheist post that as a source so it must be real!

Encyclopedia Britannica kind of trust worthy. More then lying atheist.

A survey published in the 2005 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious." In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."

Wikipedia:

"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not"

Wikipedia :

"2005 poll by AP/Ipsos surveyed ten countries. Of the developed nations, people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"

Wikipedia :

"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population"

"In 2007, a Pew Forum survey found that the atheist population in the United States was 1.6% of the American population."

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#52489 Oct 12, 2012
Your sources are old and out of date.

My poll is the current and up to date one.

Did you not see that even the Christian Science Monitor accepted that poll?

Poor Langy, it must suck to be you.

Pick anyone you want:

https://www.google.com/search...

Location hidden

#52490 Oct 12, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you a complete scientific experiment without reference to math.
And i am telling you that, Physics, Chemistry, etc can never be as functional, when the use of Mathematics is out.

Location hidden

#52491 Oct 12, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we find language to be important. That still doesn't make them sciences.
Point of correction:
Mathematics is not language. It is in-built in us all. Languages has or have origins from a particular place or location.
KJV

United States

#52492 Oct 12, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
Your sources are old and out of date.

My poll is the current and up to date one.

Did you not see that even the Christian Science Monitor accepted that poll?

Poor Langy, it must suck to be you.

Pick anyone you want:

https://www.google.com/search...
"Global atheism is shrinking and demographic changes in the United States and the world are expected to shrink the influence of American secularism.
In 2012, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary reported that globally every day there are 800 less atheists per day, 1,100 less non-religious (agnostic) people per day and 83,000 more people professing to be Christians per day.
In 2011, the American Spectator declared concerning research published in the International Bulletin of

Missionary Research:
The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding."

Location hidden

#52493 Oct 12, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I demonstrated otherwise.
<quoted text>
It is integral to biology. Ethics is irrelevant to the validity of science.
<quoted text>
Trees don't care about economics and were around long before humans invented the concept.
Physics, Chemistry, evolution and other subjects, are all man made inventions. Economics is the backbone of any nation. Without it, there would be no updated research and technology.

Location hidden

#52494 Oct 12, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I demonstrated otherwise.
<quoted text>
It is integral to biology. Ethics is irrelevant to the validity of science.
<quoted text>
Trees don't care about economics and were around long before humans invented the concept.
Again, i am telling you that, physics, chemistry are incomplete. When all Mathematics principles are taken out or are removed.

Location hidden

#52495 Oct 12, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I demonstrated it. No fundie has addressed it. Not even you, and you're REALLY smart.
Interesting?
The dude?
He is smarter than smart?

Everett, WA

#52496 Oct 12, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Global atheism is shrinking and demographic changes in the United States and the world are expected to shrink the influence of American secularism.
In 2012, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary reported that globally every day there are 800 less atheists per day, 1,100 less non-religious (agnostic) people per day and 83,000 more people professing to be Christians per day.
In 2011, the American Spectator declared concerning research published in the International Bulletin of
Missionary Research:
The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding."
Again an improper quote without a link to a source, also known as a lie.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#52497 Oct 12, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then prove it. Oh wait. You are a lying coward, how can I expect yo to back up your words.
I don't have to prove your religion for you.
That's your job.
Evolution is a religion.

Location hidden

#52498 Oct 12, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Math is a language. And as such it is arbitrary. Math is not a science. It is an abstract concept which MAY - or may not - be applied to reality.
WRONG!
Mathematics is a science and it makes the so called science, to be more factual.

Everett, WA

#52499 Oct 12, 2012
ooh, I skipped over KJV's source listed, still not correct since it was not linked, for his bogus numbers. The freaking International Bulletin of Missionary Research. Can you say conflict of interest?

Everett, WA

#52500 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove your religion for you.
That's your job.
Evolution is a religion.
No lying coward, I was asking you to prove your false beliefs. You won't, you can't, you know that you are wrong.

Everett, WA

#52501 Oct 12, 2012
I stand in awe at the chutzpah of these creatard lying cowards. They try to claim they have no burden of proof. They do not know how to recognize evidence. They will do nothing to debunk evolution. And yet in true Black Knight mode they actually think that they are winning.

One of the reason that your side always loses court cases is that part of being a judge is learning how to recognize evidence. They have to know how to recognize proper evidence for criminal cases when they hear them. That experience has allowed them to properly judge scientific evidence when they see it and even though they do not have training in evolution even conservative judges have known which side is right when it comes to whether evolution or creation is a religion.

Guess what?

The creation side always loses.

Since: Apr 12

Jinan, China

#52502 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky accosted one of the Evolutionists for using the word "blessing," which has religious implications.

Sorry&#65292; Prez&#65292;but if you’re asking us to watch ourselves from using words with supernatural implications, you’re asking a lot.
Do you realize that “aspect” and “consider” have their origins in astrology?
Or that “algebra” has Moslem origins, the first syllable being a contraction of “Allah”?
The word “enthusiasm” has also religious implications, the second syllable being God’s name in Greek.
And how about the names of the days of the week, which imply Norse mythology, and the names of the months, which imply Roman mythology?
The years are dated according to the Christian calendar in both South Korea and China, and those two countries sure as heck aren’t Christian.
(Woops, I just used the word “heck.”)
For that matter, you can’t even call a person named Theodore or Dorothy by name, since both names mean “gift of God.”

The list is endless:“godly,”“ungodly,”“Tha t’s the spirit!”“devilment,”“devil-may -care,”“a devil of a time,”“bewitching,““cast a spell,”“wizardry,”“heavenly,”“ angelic,”“You’re an angel!”“You little devil!”
To say nothing of the word “fairy,” a favorite word among gay-bashers.

Even names of actual objects have supernatural origins, such as angel food cake, devil’s food cake, and the siren on the police car.
Also names of animal species, such as the Tasmanian devil and the bird of Paradise.

That’s all I have to say, so now I must say good-by.
(Woops, I just remembered that “good-by” literally means “God be with you.”)

Location hidden

#52503 Oct 12, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you totally nuts?
None of those laws could have come into being with out math, what a fool.
With out math there would be no science.
Moron.
Thanks, they are just too blind to reality.

Location hidden

#52504 Oct 12, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
With it there would be NO science.
You would just have apples on the ground. LOL
Dolt!
Lol. That is good...

Location hidden

#52505 Oct 12, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Mathematics is more a language. It is the language of science. It isn't a science itself.
Wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,523,199
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 3 min chris rucker 1,548
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 3 min Wondering 92
News Racism motivated Trump voters more than authori... 5 min southern at heart 384
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min inbred Genius 172
News US urges new sanctions on North Korea and warns... 8 min Jeff Brightone 1
News Coast Guard suspends practice of shooting, stab... 8 min Common Sense 2
News Donald Trump on first 100 days: It's a differen... 10 min Retribution 61
News White House refuses to hand over documents to F... 11 min inbred Genius 120
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Chicagoan by Birth 240,376
More from around the web