Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
50,121 - 50,140 of 115,159 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#52442 Oct 12, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You really should stop lying through your tooth.

When was 97% of the world atheist?

As for more recent numbers, these are from this week:

"Over the last five years, the number of Americans no longer affiliated with any religion increased by 25 percent. The study showed that 33 million Americans are now considered "unaffiliated" with any religious faction and 13 million people, about 19.7 percent, are identified as "atheist" or "agnostic.""

About 1 in 5 Americans now declare as "Atheist" or "Agnostic".

Full text and attribution here: http://www.examiner.com/article/new-study-rel...
"About 1 in 5 Americans now declare as "Atheist" or "Agnostic"."

Ummm nope! Not even close!

Wikipedia :

"people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"

Doesn't look like 20% to anyone that can read! LOL idiot!

You got 2% confused with 20%

Maths not your strong suit is it?

What are you good at (other then lying)?

Anything? Anything at all?

Location hidden

#52444 Oct 12, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Double Fine lives in a place where the president has 6 wives, 20 kids, makes more than Obama and does less than a municipal worker.

But Double Fine likes it here
Talking about ones self in the third person is a sign of delusion.

Oh never mind it's "double vision" everyone knows your delusional.
Carry on.

Location hidden

#52445 Oct 12, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>That is the core of the problem

Charles Idemi wrote, "<quoted text>
Without the use of Mathematics, Ohm's, Newton's, Joule's law etc are all empty. "

Wrong.

Mathematics only quantifies those laws for us.

Do you think that we made the laws, or do you think we discover them?
Are you totally nuts?
None of those laws could have come into being with out math, what a fool.

With out math there would be no science.

Moron.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#52446 Oct 12, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
He would be speaking German had we not bailed their azz out if the war
Devil Dogs (USMC)
Next time maybe we'll sit it out and let the Gerrys roll on over em.

Location hidden

#52447 Oct 12, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>You are giving the answer there:

Mathematics is INSTRUMENTAL.

It is AN INSTRUMENT.
With it there would be NO science.

You would just have apples on the ground. LOL

Dolt!

Jinan, China

#52448 Oct 12, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
If evolution is a religion we should apply for tax-exempt status and then we could raise funds to defeat Christianity (and all other religions).
Just one problem though:
Then we won't be able to teach Evolution in the schools.
The Discovery Institute will recognize this,
and we will have to fight another case in Dover.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#52449 Oct 12, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the core of the problem
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Mathematics only quantifies those laws for us.
Do you think that we made the laws, or do you think we discover them?
Without the quantification, the theories or laws are useless.

Location hidden

#52450 Oct 12, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are giving the answer there:
Mathematics is INSTRUMENTAL.
It is AN INSTRUMENT.
Without the instruments( jazz), the music is empty. Mathematics holds the key to Physics and Chemistry.

Location hidden

#52451 Oct 12, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>I already said it's how you ask the question.

Same Wikipedia. Religious demographics.

non-religous:14.09 percent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_...

See how easy it is to post a link?
"determining how many atheists exist in the world today is difficult.[23] According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population, while a further 11.9% are nonreligious."

2.3% of the world population is Atheist.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...

11.9% are agnostic (not atheist)

The Atheist number is 2.3% as defined by Wikipedia, Encyclopedia Britannica.

A Pew Forum survey found that the atheist population in the United States was 1.6% of the American population.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#52452 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its good enough.
You'll take it and you'll like it.
You're such a whining, spineless little dwe.
Evolution is a religion.
"Stuff's gettin better"
First, that is not whining. I have a legitimate complain. Second, it is not good enough. It is only good enough that I shall continue to call attention to the fact that you are a lying coward. All you have to do to show that I am wrong is to properly answer my question. I am not asking you to answer the sort of question that anyone on my side is afraid to answer.

So either answer the sort of question that anyone of us would be eager to answer, what do you believe in and why, or accept the label that I have so aptly given you.

Location hidden

#52453 Oct 12, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Our study of physics requires of mathematics.
Do you disagree?
Do you suppose we are all constructed from abstracts??
No more watching Matrix for you!
Mathematics is not abstract, it is practical. The world's economy, populations, metric systems, scales, constructions, surveying and building plans, involves the use of Mathematics. This is not abstract but visible.

Location hidden

#52454 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>Next time maybe we'll sit it out and let the Gerrys roll on over em.
Sounds good to me! LOL

Everett, WA

#52455 Oct 12, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
A survey published in the 2005 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious." In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."
Wikipedia:
"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not"
Wikipedia :
"2005 poll by AP/Ipsos surveyed ten countries. Of the developed nations, people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"
Wikipedia :
"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population"
And a more recent one that I have posted more than twice have found your numbers are low by a factor of five.

Location hidden

#52456 Oct 12, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
???
Language is not an art
May be in your country...
Language( English, German, Finnish and others) are under the faculty of Arts.

Everett, WA

#52457 Oct 12, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of evolution?
LOL
Never has been any evidence.
Never will be evidence to back up your religion.
"Stuff's gettin better"
That is because you do not understand evidence. We will be happy to teach you how to recognize scientific evidence too.

There is no argument among any scientists, and that includes the occasional rare "creation" scientist, that the evidence out there supports evolution. That is because to be a scientist you have to know how to identify evidence. If you can't identify scientific evidence then you are not a scientist.

Everett, WA

#52459 Oct 12, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to.
2.3% LOL
It's already game over!!!
LOL
Nope, closer to 15%. China alone has a percentage of 47%

In a few generations it will be all over for lying creationists.

Location hidden

#52460 Oct 12, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? I'd say that they need to know some math, just like they'd need to be able to read.
The modern American system of medical study is intensely focused on memorization. I'm hoping that will change to allow computers to do most of that, allowing practitioners to start with a basic triage diagnostic, then focusing on technique and observation. In the long run, wellness should be a technician function, not requiring advanced study.
As is, the Medical field is a vulgar business filled by prep school grads who don't want to work for their living.
The use of computer is man made. Computer is man made, it's intelligence are artificial, it can not think, hear or reason, it is just a program...
So, computer can never completely replaced the humans.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#52462 Oct 12, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
First, that is not whining. I have a legitimate complain. Second, it is not good enough. It is only good enough that I shall continue to call attention to the fact that you are a lying coward. All you have to do to show that I am wrong is to properly answer my question. I am not asking you to answer the sort of question that anyone on my side is afraid to answer.
So either answer the sort of question that anyone of us would be eager to answer, what do you believe in and why, or accept the label that I have so aptly given you.
Evolution is a religion based on junk science.

"Stuff's gettin better"

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#52463 Oct 12, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you do not understand evidence. We will be happy to teach you how to recognize scientific evidence too.
There is no argument among any scientists, and that includes the occasional rare "creation" scientist, that the evidence out there supports evolution. That is because to be a scientist you have to know how to identify evidence. If you can't identify scientific evidence then you are not a scientist.
Evolution=Junk science religion.

Everett, WA

#52464 Oct 12, 2012
For Langoliers:
… the number of self-declared atheists in the world has risen by 9% since the measure was last taken in 2005.
The massive poll, conducted in 57 countries (not, apparently, including Britain) among 51,000 people asked a single question “Irrespective of whether you attend a place of worship or not, would you say you are a religious person, not a religious person or a convinced atheist?”
It shows that on average 59% of the world said that they think of themselves as religious, whereas 23% think of themselves as not religious and 13% think of themselves as convinced atheists. Naturally there are enormous variations from country to country.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

Your survey is old and out of date. This is the latest most up to date survey.

By the way, it is easy to find this study. Here is another article that sites it:

https://www.google.com/search...

And another:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx...

And another:

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/08/num...

Again, your source is old and out of date.

Atheism is flourishing around the world. You better start to worry about who shares your silly belief.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Pearl Jam 305,446
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,099,925
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 4 min boo ya 1,598
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min GOTP 151,118
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 8 min Good luck 10,263
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 8 min SpaceBlues 32,455
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Fair Game 46,298
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 14 min positronium 255,926
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 15 min Concern Citizen 1,343
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••