Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223358 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#51823 Oct 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, there are so many one word responses from you today, I don't think this needs to go on.
Here's my response to that meaningless stuff.
"YOU! YOU! YOU!"
Now you can sit and spin for as long as you want!
Your opinion, though meaningless.

Location hidden

#51824 Oct 10, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, math is not science. Math is just descriptive formulation.
Science must adhere to the scientific method.
Science must observed and describe reality.
Math is a petty functionary of science.
Wrong!
You keep beating around the bush. Science can never do without Mathematics, because Mathematics itself, is a science.

Location hidden

#51825 Oct 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
"Effectively" is a relative term. Stop hopping between "relative" and "absolute". You're just asking for people to dog you with questions.
You know that i am very right. Engineering, whether Mechanical, Electrical or what have you, can never function, with out the applications of Mathematics.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#51826 Oct 10, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint: "Cambrian Rabbit".
If that's what you are in the mood for, I can do that.

I just need a skinned rabbit, some vegetables, spices, a butter based baste and Cambrian era rocks.

Just stuff the rabbit with the vegetables. Then build a fire and place the Cambrian era rocks over it. Then roast the rabbit over those fire heated rocks for about an hour and slowly turn the rabbit while basting it it the butter based sauce.

Voila! Cambrian Rabbit. The big secret is the rocks.

I think I saw that on Hell's Kitchen.

Location hidden

#51827 Oct 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh trolly yer right , but what about the evolution of apes to human?
Again, wrong and wrong.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#51828 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Again, wrong and wrong.
But you're an ape and a human, how is it wrong?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51829 Oct 10, 2012
I wonder how far down the various clades you would have to go before Chuckles went into denial. Surely he would admit that people were animals. Vertebrates, without a doubt. Mammals, definitely. Primates? Maybe. We know for some reason he draws the line at ape.

“CRACK A SMILE”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#51830 Oct 10, 2012
Junk science.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#51831 Oct 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, even in the U.S. the number of Atheists is at least 5%. Worldwide, at least 13%. Keep lying, we know you are a creationist.
I believe the last Pew Poll on religion put Americans who are non-religious at 17%. We are the fastest growing "religion" in America.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#51832 Oct 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
I wonder how far down the various clades you would have to go before Chuckles went into denial. Surely he would admit that people were animals. Vertebrates, without a doubt. Mammals, definitely. Primates? Maybe. We know for some reason he draws the line at ape.

There is a genuine fear of being this thing. But one has only to look at history to see we are not only ape like , but one of the worst sort of them , murdering , raping , pillaging , warring , only our admission of what we are will make us rise above our terrible past.

http://www.conflicthistory.com/#/period/0008-...

Evolution is true.....

#51833 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You're rather creepy for wanting to know!
Atheist lost 97.7% of the world population that were once members of their clan and then you lost them. They are now Theist! Hell Gay have a bigger population and they can't even breed!
LOL
You pathetic dweeb!
Non-believers in religion make up 17% of the population of the US

Evolution is true.....

#51834 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I can give you lots of evidence one is open your eyes and look around.
97.7% of all humans alive today can see it? Why are you blind?
Your figures are wrong.

Why are you so angry?? Serious question

Location hidden

#51835 Oct 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What is concrete proof? Given the absolute that pre-humans were in fact, pre-human, we were not there to witness events. We're not hearing wild-a@@ guesses. We're hearing thought out estimations of events based on the evidence we do have.
Now, what kind of evidence to Creationists use? They use one book written so long ago that the basics of writing were still fairly new. They had little math, less science and their stories had nothing to do with any kind of events that we'd consider possible in the natural world.
If you have an angle other than the literal interpretation of the bible, spill it. This schoolyard trash talk is juvenile.
And yet the bible is widely read world wide...
It's demand and supply is increasing daily geometrically.

Location hidden

#51836 Oct 10, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are a type of ape.
See, I just called them apes.
So I proved you wrong.
That was easy.
Wrong!
Humans are never apes. I have again, proved you wrong.

Location hidden

#51837 Oct 10, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
What error? Philosophy is not a required course in many universities. You then backpedaled and said that you meant only "in your country". Are you now admitting to your error in not limiting your claim to your own country?
<quoted text>
Now you're trying to change the subject in order to avoid admitting to your error.
You claimed that philosophy was a *required* course, and you failed to state that you were speaking only of "in your country".
So now you won't admit your error.
You are such a sad little fraud.
Philosophy may not be a general study in your country's university, but it is in other countries.

Location hidden

#51838 Oct 10, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Mathematics is not a science. It does not use the scientific method.
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Liar!
Mathematics is a science. Without Mathematics, science can not stand as a discipline.

Location hidden

#51839 Oct 10, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Mathematics is not a science. It does not use the scientific method.
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Most of the scientific theories or laws in Physics and Chemistry, uses Mathematics, to solve their compounded problems. Mathematics cuts accross all disciplines.

Location hidden

#51840 Oct 10, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't. It doesn't use the scientific method.
Prove otherwise.
Mathematics is a science...
Angles of elevations, depressions, tangents, cosines, sines, exponentals, constructions, bearings, integrations and differentiations, are all scientific mathematical models, in the field of Maths.

Location hidden

#51841 Oct 10, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't build a modern house without a hammer.
Does that mean that hammers are houses?
Mathematics does not use the scientific method, so mathematics is not a science.
Wrong!
Science as a discipline, can never function, without the use of Mathematics. In building and construction, we need Maths, in the physical and chemical science, we also need Mathematics.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Nehwon

#51842 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet the bible is widely read world wide...
It's demand and supply is increasing daily geometrically.
Geometrically?

That word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drake "Duppy Freestyle" ( & Pusha T Diss) (WSHH... 3 min BOSS KING MOSES 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Double Find 81,030
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,762,910
News Black candidate makes history as women advance ... 9 min Party With Farts 52
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min Susanm 341,387
Did DRAKE just ETHER Pusha? 12 min BOSS KING MOSES 2
steph curry, draymond green,,,,, - winners ** 14 min BOSS KING MOSES 2
News 'It's about time': President Trump pardons late... 20 min NotSoDivineMsM 104
News President Donald Trump has demanded answers abo... 27 min fish and poi 349