Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223290 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51750 Oct 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Of Course...You Must Be Right.....I Actually Own A Few Faraday Boxes....And Believe Tesla To Be The Best Scientist/Inventor This Countries Ever Seen.
But Thanks For Presumming...Its Shows Your Ignorance And Bias.
Trying to keep the voices out of your head or just making sure your Kraco CB radio will work after the Ruskies attack with an EMP bomb?

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#51751 Oct 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is an imaginary place. Why on Earth would someone need to be saved from a nonexistent location? Psst, Hogwarts is in a book too. Does that make Harry Potter real?
2000 out of 2500 ( roughly ) Prophesy have been fulfilled in the bible. Zero in Harry Potter have come true.

You keep using the comparison it works well for you and your clan.

Atheist have lost 97.7% of the world population from their congregation maybe bone heads like you is the reason for it. Or maybe disbelieve in God and believe all that is just happened by random chance is just too hard to swallow.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51752 Oct 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Of Course...You Must Be Right.....I Actually Own A Few Faraday Boxes....And Believe Tesla To Be The Best Scientist/Inventor This Countries Ever Seen.
But Thanks For Presumming...Its Shows Your Ignorance And Bias.
Idiot, I have no need to presume when it comes to a fool like you. And yes, I can see that a survivalist nut like you might buy some Faraday cages and mistakenly use a brand name instead of calling them by their proper term.

Tesla also is appreciated by no minds with no technical abilities. Yes, he mad some neat stuff, but a lot of his work is misinterpreted by conspiracy nuts. He never did find a reasonable way to transmit power over the air and he definitely had a bit to learn about electromagnetic field theory.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#51753 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 out of 2500 ( roughly ) Prophesy have been fulfilled in the bible. Zero in Harry Potter have come true.
Atheist have lost 97.7% of the world population from their congregation maybe bone heads like you is the reason for it. Or maybe disbelieve in God and believe all that is just happened by random chance is just too hard to swallow.
OH GOOD GAWD....No prophesies have come true.....Grow up.

Every year hundreds if not thousands of chucrehs close down..Most church parking lots are half full at best on bow grovel and worship day.....RELIGION IS DYING.....LIKE ALL MYTH DOES,..

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#51754 Oct 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Well I guess it is nice to hear that you are keeping up the good old traditions. So when you are having relations with a camel do you wear protection, or all you guts and go "bareback"?
You're rather creepy for wanting to know!

Atheist lost 97.7% of the world population that were once members of their clan and then you lost them. They are now Theist! Hell Gay have a bigger population and they can't even breed!

LOL
You pathetic dweeb!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51755 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No concrete proof to date, confirming that, humans evolved from apes. We are only hearing guesses and projections, which are unethical.
What is concrete proof? Given the absolute that pre-humans were in fact, pre-human, we were not there to witness events. We're not hearing wild-a@@ guesses. We're hearing thought out estimations of events based on the evidence we do have.

Now, what kind of evidence to Creationists use? They use one book written so long ago that the basics of writing were still fairly new. They had little math, less science and their stories had nothing to do with any kind of events that we'd consider possible in the natural world.

If you have an angle other than the literal interpretation of the bible, spill it. This schoolyard trash talk is juvenile.

Everett, WA

#51756 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is a lie. Most of those are not true prophesies. A true prophecy has only one answer. For example the prophesies of Nostradamus were of this sort where they could be interpreted time after time to have "come true". For example the same prophecies were used for Hitler, JFK and the Twin Towers among others. Since there are multiple times one prophecy can be used it is the interpretation that is making the prophecy work not the prophecy itself. There are also writings in the Bible that were pretty clearly edited so that they would "fulfill" prophesy. The Jews can see through that and that is one reason that they do not accept Jesus as the Messiah. There are also some very obvious failed prophecies in the Bible. For example the Tyre prophecy may be the worst of these.

When looked at properly the Bible does not do very well with prophecies at all.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#51757 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Humans can never be called apes, never...
Humans are a type of ape.

See, I just called them apes.

So I proved you wrong.

That was easy.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#51758 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never seen the Whomping Willow in my back yard, I see!

Tampa, FL

#51759 Oct 10, 2012
What error? Philosophy is not a required course in many universities. You then backpedaled and said that you meant only "in your country". Are you now admitting to your error in not limiting your claim to your own country?
Charles Idemi wrote:
Philosophy are not taken in my own country alone, but in other countries.
Now you're trying to change the subject in order to avoid admitting to your error.

You claimed that philosophy was a *required* course, and you failed to state that you were speaking only of "in your country".

So now you won't admit your error.

You are such a sad little fraud.

Tampa, FL

#51760 Oct 10, 2012
Mathematics is not a science. It does not use the scientific method.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Wrong!!!
Prove it.

Everett, WA

#51761 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
And your first lie was so bad I skipped over your second lie. In the U.S. and the world the number of Atheists is growing. Where did you get that lie about atheists losing 97.7%? By the way, there are no atheists congregations. Perhaps that is your problem. Atheists don't have a need to join with others. When you have the truth on your side you don't need groups to bolster your belief.

Tampa, FL

#51762 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Mathematics is a science.
No, it isn't. It doesn't use the scientific method.

Prove otherwise.

Everett, WA

#51763 Oct 10, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You're rather creepy for wanting to know!
Atheist lost 97.7% of the world population that were once members of their clan and then you lost them. They are now Theist! Hell Gay have a bigger population and they can't even breed!
LOL
You pathetic dweeb!
Where do you get that ridiculous figure from? At no point has there been a massive loss in the number of atheists. Throughout the world's history the number of atheists has undergone slow but steady growth.

Tampa, FL

#51764 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
That so called scientific method, can never be scientific, without the use or applications of mathematics.
You can't build a modern house without a hammer.

Does that mean that hammers are houses?

Mathematics does not use the scientific method, so mathematics is not a science.

Tampa, FL

#51765 Oct 10, 2012
This will be of a great surprise to *theoretical*(not "applied") mathematicians, who can study math all day long without any references to either physics or chemistry.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You are getting it wrong
Prove it. Show how a theoretical mathematician must refer to physics or chemistry.

Tampa, FL

#51766 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Mathematics is a science. No dispute.
I dispute it.

See, I proved you wrong.

That was easy.

Everett, WA

#51767 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already stated my beliefs.
You're too dense to comprehend or too dishonest to admit that what you're really asking for is a name of a religious sect so that you can use your standard Alinsky attack on a particular religion.
Since I have turned the tables and exposed your religious fanaticism/evolution, its driving you out of that puny little skull of yours.
Evolution is a religion created with the sole purpose of disproving what cannot be disproved by attempting to prove what cannot be proved.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Keep spewing the lies. You are not fooling anyone.

All you had to do to show that I was wrong was to state in no uncertain terms what your belief is. You have never stated what you believe and why. That is the mark of a coward.

So now we know that Starky is a liar and a coward. Is anyone surprised?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#51768 Oct 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Faith
Does Obama‘s Mystery Ring Really Have ’There Is No God Except Allah’ Inscribed in Arabic?
Posted on October 10, 2012 at 6:30pm by Billy Hallowell
President Barack Obama's ring (Photo Credit: WND)
A World Net Daily (WND) report alleging that a ring President Barack Obama wears on his left hand includes the Islamic and Arabic phrase,“There is no God but Allah,” has been making its way across social media and the blogosphere.
The article cites two Obama critics as sources who claim that the president has been wearing the ring, which apparently now doubles as his wedding band, for the past 30 years. We’ll let WND describe the scenario to you in the outlet’s own words:
As a student at Harvard Law School, then-bachelor Barack Obama’s practice of wearing a gold band on his wedding-ring finger puzzled his colleagues.
Now, newly published photographs of Obama from the 1980s show that the ring Obama wore on his wedding-ring finger as an unmarried student is the same ring Michelle Robinson put on his finger at the couple’s wedding ceremony in 1992.
Moreover, according to Arabic-language and Islamic experts, the ring Obama has been wearing for more than 30 years is adorned with the first part of the Islamic declaration of faith, the Shahada:“There is no god except Allah.”
Some critics will likely seize upon this article to claim that Obama is a Muslim and that this is the proof that’s needed to out his purportedly secretly-held faith. After all, the alleged phrase that some claim is in the ring’s design is part of the shahada, the First Pillar of Islam and the declaration of belief that adherents must accept in order to be counted as Muslims.
I notice you failed to provide a link to this story, or a photo of Obama wearing a "weading ring" prior to being married.

Sounds like a load of hokum to me.

WND? Quite a "News source".

Everett, WA

#51769 Oct 10, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you failed to provide a link to this story, or a photo of Obama wearing a "weading ring" prior to being married.
Sounds like a load of hokum to me.
WND? Quite a "News source".
I do believe that this is woofy's main news source, it is heavy with stories of Bigfoot and Batboy:

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/51735/bi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min WildWeirdWillie 51,730
News Poll: 70 percent of Kentuckians support $1 toba... 19 min Truth 36
News White House will ask Supreme Court to end DACA ... 27 min anonymous 17
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 32 min Brilliant 326,071
News Conservatives balk at GOP plan to avert governm... 47 min CodeTalker 1
News Members of Haitian community react to Trump's c... 48 min CodeTalker 340
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 1 hr Come on 2,094
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Reality Check 1,681,143
News Oprah speech has Democrats buzzing about possib... 4 hr T TigerWoods 473
News Bipartisan deal would create 12-year citizenshi... 5 hr Impeach the Creep 79
More from around the web