Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205200 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#51633 Oct 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
My Faith Is Not Threatened By Science....God Created Science, For The Fools To Keep Themselves Busy. Otherwise They Would Be Blind From Masturbation.
Ever Watch Big Bang Theory ? Thats Exactly The TYpes That Are Theoretical Scientists, They Couldnt Get Laid In Mexico On Payday.
Science is fact....RELIGION IS EVIL HATE FILLED BIGOTRY AND VIOLENCE......I will take fact hitler trash......

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#51634 Oct 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...Ive Spent 3 Years, And Still Nothing Of Value From Atheists, Seems We Do Have Something In Common.
Double shrug.
For support of evolution it is totally irrelevant whether people are believing or atheist.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#51635 Oct 10, 2012
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/histry01...

Darwin's attack on creation
Darwin erected a straw man caricature of creation to attack
"Often the Creationist position seems merely a straw man-set up only to be knocked down"
"Yet even here, where Darwin's arguments are strongest, nagging questions remain. For example, a reader of the Origin might be justified in wondering what Creationist view Darwin is referring to. Perhaps this is a problem more for the present-day reader. Darwin's contemporaries may have known exactly what he meant, though I doubt it. Often the Creationist position seems merely a straw man-set up only to be knocked down. The constraints on space in the Origin, which led Darwin to abandon his original intention of arguing on both sides of the mutability issue, add to this feeling. The result is that the Creationist position is never clearly defined in the Origin." (Gale B.G., "Evolution Without Evidence: Charles Darwin and the Origin of Species," University of New Mexico Press: Albuquerque NM, 1982, p.139).[top]

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#51636 Oct 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...Ive Spent 3 Years, And Still Nothing Of Value From Atheists, Seems We Do Have Something In Common.
I have spent 40 years trying to get religous nazi,s to prove there god and buybull...STILL WAITING..........

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#51637 Oct 10, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Science, including the Theory of Evolution, presents and explains known and observed facts of the natural world.
And if your "faith" is so threatened by the facts being shown, than your faith is pretty damn weak.
I'm not threatened by anything.
In fact, I think its funny to watch you people play with bones and give them attributes they never had.
LOL

"Stuff's gettin better"

Dread Pirate Roberts

#51638 Oct 10, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I have wasted years trying to get atheist nazi's to prove there isn't a god and explain their bull...STILL WAITING..........
?

Dread Pirate Roberts

#51639 Oct 10, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I have spent 40 years trying to get religous nazi,s to prove there god and buybull...STILL WAITING..........
There you name calling and cussing again...is that how scientists think?

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#51640 Oct 10, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Prove god is real and the buybull is some true word.....If not.....SHUT UP AND KEEP YOUR RELIGION OUT OF US SANE PEOPLES WAY..

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#51641 Oct 10, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
There you name calling and cussing again...is that how scientists think?
Calling a religous freak a nazi is just calling them what they are..And yes I and all WE THE PEOPLE are sick and tired of religous people hate filled violent bigotry...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#51642 Oct 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no science of numbers. Numbers are arbitrary, values and variables can be changed at whim, the way the math operates can change dependent upon rules what mathematicians call axioms. Math CAN be applied to reality, in which case it CAN be a good tool to HELP science, but is not a science in and of itself.
To you, mathematics is not science but to reality, it is.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#51643 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not threatened by anything.
In fact, I think its funny to watch you people play with bones and give them attributes they never had.
LOL

"Stuff's gettin better"
Of course you are threatened.

Why else would the Discovery Institute exist, and why would they produce "the Wedge Document"?

Why the MULTITUDE of legal contests against the teaching of science in SCIENCE classes?

Why are YOU here, attempting -- and failing miserably, btw -- to defend the literal interpretation of Genesis?
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#51644 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>To you, mathematics is not science but to reality, it is.
Mathematics does NOT exist in reality outside of our human use of it.

Mathematics a human mental concept, not a physical reality.

Location hidden

#51645 Oct 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I just gave you a detailed explanation as to why it is not a science. The thing with math is it DOESN'T HAVE to be APPLIED, and is often completely abstract. Hence it is a language, not a science. English can also be applied to everything you mention above, but English is not a science.
But it's okay, you're used to being wrong all the time by now.
Wrong and wrong.
Mathematics is an applied discipline in Physics, Chemistry etc.
The use of Graph, Angles, Tangents, Cosines, Sines, Exponentals and Logarithms etc, are all courses under mathematics, that are scientific...
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#51646 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Evolution is a religion designed not to seek truth but to destroy faith.
This would be a LIE!

Why do you "fundaMENTALshit xristian creotards" LIE so much.

Isn't LYING a sin in your religion?

Don't you get sent to HELL for LYING as much as you do?

BTW why do you think that it is ONLY you "fundaMENTALshit xristian and muslim creotards" who seem to think this?

Location hidden

#51647 Oct 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is irrelevant. We still demonstrated he did not understand physics and was therefore incorrect.
Wrong!

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51648 Oct 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, As Usual.
Can Science Explain What Gravity Is ?
Can It Explain Emotions ?
Can It Explain Conscienceness ?
Can It Explain Feelings ?
Can It Explain Loneliness ?
Can It Explain Hate ?
You See Dweebscicle....They Can Theorize About It....But Nothing Other Then That.
Yes, Sciences Inventions Are Great And Amazing....But Those Are Seperate From Theory.
I And Most Everyone Applaud The Inventors, And Some Of Them Used Theory To Begin With. But, They Excelled Beyond Theory, And Actually Produced Something Of Value. Your Religion Merely Relies On Theory Without Producing Anything Provable.
And Has A Cult Following Of Foot Soldiers.....Hmmm
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Any more questions fool? You show you are a liar by the way that you ask "questions". Also as usual you are wrong. Countless inventions could not exist without theory. Perhaps you have never heard of a man named Michael Faraday and his theories. If you use anything electronic you use things that rely on theories. Your continual denial of theories only reinforces the fact that you are incredibly under educated when it comes to science. You seem to have no idea what a scientific theory is. Nor will you ever have any idea of how to use them.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51649 Oct 10, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not threatened by anything.
LOL
"Stuff's gettin better"
If you are not threatened why are you afraid to state your beliefs? The best you have done is to say that everything was "created". That is an all but meaningless statement. That is the action of a person who knows that his beliefs are indefensible.

Location hidden

#51650 Oct 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard someone say once that economists ain't scientists and are simply apologists for the existing social order.
Economics is a science that deals with the studies of human behaviour, as a relationship between ends and scarce means, which have alternative uses- Prof. Lord Lionel Robbins....
Economics laws and theories include, law of variable proportions, the law of demand and supply, the theory of consumer behaviour and the law of diminishing marginal utility etc. All these qualifies Economics to be called, a science.

Location hidden

#51651 Oct 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And are as much science as "sports science" is a science. And that still don't stop math from being a language, not science.
Economics is a social science...
Without the study of human behaviour, Physics or Chemistry can never. Economics laws and theories are all scientific.
Mathematics is and will always be science.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#51652 Oct 10, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong and wrong.
Mathematics is an applied discipline in Physics, Chemistry etc.
The use of Graph, Angles, Tangents, Cosines, Sines, Exponentals and Logarithms etc, are all courses under mathematics, that are scientific...
It has been used to proof god can't exist.
So this is the reality according to you, proven by the proper application of the dicipline of mathematics.

Maybe you are now starting to understand that it is so versatile that it can be used to play with, just as language and philosophy.
Flatland or 2 dimensional land did not ring a bell, when that example should have done so.

Going very simple here: pick up zero (apple).
Well you should be capable by your own assertion of mathematics being real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Hill4me 222,652
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min woodtick57 1,419,697
News Washington Post: U.S. needs illegal immigrants ... 5 min Wildchild 13
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min woodtick57 393,352
News Republicans outraged over reported delay of Cli... 8 min ivyawe 29
News Hundreds of undocumented immigrants removed fro... 11 min Lawrence Wolf 7
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 11 min Hungarian 101 87
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min HILLARY 2016 239,724
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 24 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 114
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr woodtick57 7,919
More from around the web