Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201219 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#48199 Sep 25, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Physics is a science.
Philosophy and metaphysics are not.(Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy.)
<quoted text>
Since philosophy is not a science, on what basis did you doubt my comments?
Philosophy are under what, science, art or social science?

Location hidden

#48200 Sep 25, 2012
Patrickguy44 wrote:
Why evolution is wrong
This is what I would tell an evolutionist...
Evolution says.....
Disorder moves to order
We evolve from lesser beings
Big Bang
We are animal so our morals don't matter
Why this theory is wrong
How can disorder become order if all things in the universe move toward disorder
You say from chaos comes order
2nd law of thermo dynamics states that energy goes from order to disorder.
Ice melts to liquid is an example of order to disorder
If chaos becomes order is true, then ice shouldn't melt but it does.
Things to explain:
What is order?
- order is where matter and energy are arranged neatly and are contained in a small volume relative to surrounding volume.
What is chaos?
Chaos is where matter and energy are in random locations over a large volume if not all relative volume.
So the Big Bang is saying that orderly, contained energy becomes expanding energy. Then somehow that ever expanding energy randomly goes back to order? What factor would cause that? You say gravity but all gravity is mass causing a dip in time-space. So if all the matter (mass) of the universe was contained in a point wouldn't gravity cause it to form a black hole. If you say a star collapses into a dark hole then wouldn't a denser point of mass do the same thing? This is irrelevant, for what your science says disproves other parts and theory's that are excepted by you. Since we can clearly see that matter and energy want to dissolve into more volume it makes more sense that God created everything as order. When sin entered into the world it caused things to go to disorder.
I just hope, they truly understand this.
God bless you.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#48201 Sep 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Philosophy are under what, science, art or social science?
Drew only accepts "Hard science" because there are too many variables in the "soft sciences" to be easily understood by people with creative thinking skills.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#48203 Sep 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
I am educating you
Someone who doesn't even know whether or not he has a Chromosome 2 is in no position to educate others.

I suggest that you return to your university and ask for a refund, since you clearly didn't receive a basic education in biology.

Tampa, FL

#48204 Sep 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
The US, is just a subset of North America.
Nope. You're confusing a geophysical entity with a political one.

Tampa, FL

#48205 Sep 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
was Babylon also an imaginary city?
The bible book, is a book of historical truth.
The Harry Potter series talks about London, a real city. Does that make the Harry Potter series non-fiction?

Tampa, FL

#48206 Sep 25, 2012
I checked the link that *you* provided. It was broken.
Charles Idemi wrote:
That is not true...
It's entirely true.

If you want to prove otherwise, go to the link, copy text from it, and paste that text here.

Tampa, FL

#48207 Sep 25, 2012
Nope. Nobody owns a language. Even if they originate it.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Your opinion.
Nope. Fact. If you want to try to refute it, provide an example where someone took someone else to court for speaking a language that they "owned".

Tampa, FL

#48208 Sep 25, 2012
Since philosophy is not a science, on what basis did you doubt my comments?
Charles Idemi wrote:
Philosophy are under what, science, art or social science?
None of those.

Tampa, FL

#48209 Sep 25, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
Drew only accepts "Hard science" because there are too many variables in the "soft sciences" to be easily understood by people with creative thinking skills.
Drew accepts many things that are not part of "hard science", such as logic and mathematics.

Drew does not accept arguments that lack both evidence and logic.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#48210 Sep 25, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
NAB....??? I Dont Read The NAB
New Atheist Bible....???LOL
Come on, tell the truth! You don't read any bible.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#48211 Sep 25, 2012
OldTimer wrote:
I was looking back to see if we've made any progress in almost 50,000 posts. I think not.
But, wolverine and JBH had me ROTFLMAO!
Unfortunately, when one drops out, another rises up to take its place. HTS has me saying "WHAT???"
The theory of evolution is now a religious belief?
Where do these addlepated guys (and gals) get this stuff?
But don't give up, be of stout heart and true, just remember, if what they preach is true for them, their God will get 'em in the end, and we'll have the last laugh. I'm pretty sure theirGod will not suffer ignorant fools.
One cannot wear too many socks at one time!

Often enough, they forget to switch and they reply using the wrong name.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#48212 Sep 25, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Nope. Nobody owns a language. Even if they originate it.
<quoted text>
Nope. Fact. If you want to try to refute it, provide an example where someone took someone else to court for speaking a language that they "owned".
Seriously, I cannot believe that you guys are arguing with an idiot over who owns the English language!

It is obvious that either he is a troll and he has you guys on his hook, or he is a complete idiot and you know what arguing with an idiot does.

By the way, I called the Queen and made an offer. I will be purchasing the rights to the English language at 12:00 PM EST on September 25, 2012. Don't worry, I will only charge a penny a word.$10/word, if your called Charles.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#48213 Sep 25, 2012
Patrickguy44 wrote:
Why evolution is wrong
This is what I would tell an evolutionist...
Evolution says.....
Disorder moves to order
We evolve from lesser beings
Big Bang
We are animal so our morals don't matter
Why this theory is wrong
How can disorder become order if all things in the universe move toward disorder
You say from chaos comes order
2nd law of thermo dynamics states that energy goes from order to disorder.
Ice melts to liquid is an example of order to disorder
If chaos becomes order is true, then ice shouldn't melt but it does.
Things to explain:
What is order?
- order is where matter and energy are arranged neatly and are contained in a small volume relative to surrounding volume.
What is chaos?
Chaos is where matter and energy are in random locations over a large volume if not all relative volume.
So the Big Bang is saying that orderly, contained energy becomes expanding energy. Then somehow that ever expanding energy randomly goes back to order? What factor would cause that? You say gravity but all gravity is mass causing a dip in time-space. So if all the matter (mass) of the universe was contained in a point wouldn't gravity cause it to form a black hole. If you say a star collapses into a dark hole then wouldn't a denser point of mass do the same thing? This is irrelevant, for what your science says disproves other parts and theory's that are excepted by you. Since we can clearly see that matter and energy want to dissolve into more volume it makes more sense that God created everything as order. When sin entered into the world it caused things to go to disorder.
Sounds nice, but nothing about Evolution defies the laws of thermodynamics.

To assume that life is "order" is the inherent flaw. Why is life any more orderly than a sterile world like Mars? It only suits your perception of order because you're adapted to live in such a world.

If you knew the details of what your immune system has to do to keep you from harm, your digestive system does to provide you with nourishment, your lymphatic system does to purge poisons, you'd give up your mysticism and live a humble life...perhaps in a cave, eating nothing but salad and rice.

And nobody says, regardless of what any shaman may have told you, that your order will last. Mass extinctions have happened and will happen again. The only thing that allows life to go on is the "order" that gives light and warmth to this planet, the sun.

Now, there are other phenomena that allow life "as we know it" to continue. We live on a water planet. That gives us stable temperatures and a chemically neutral medium from which our "soup" started. We have an oxygen rich atmosphere. Thank photosynthesis and billions of years for that.

When it comes down to it, you just have to accept a counter-logical answer. Order isn't the miracle. Being here is the miracle, but if that miracle was not, we would not be here to ponder it either. Some things you just have to accept. Look out into to the cosmos and see how rare that miracle is, and you'll also see the yin and the yang of our inheritance. If it turns out that man can destroy that miracle with wars and pollution, we don't have anywhere ELSE to go where we can fulfill your god's plan! Do we now?

Location hidden

#48214 Sep 25, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Drew only accepts "Hard science" because there are too many variables in the "soft sciences" to be easily understood by people with creative thinking skills.
Science is science.
Do you know the full meaning of Phd?
That is the highest of all degrees, so far.

Location hidden

#48215 Sep 25, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who doesn't even know whether or not he has a Chromosome 2 is in no position to educate others.
I suggest that you return to your university and ask for a refund, since you clearly didn't receive a basic education in biology.
All humans came through their parents or ancestors. The chromosome 2, are present, in the created being.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#48216 Sep 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Philosophy are under what, science, art or social science?
Philosophy is a "Banana Science". You'll find it listed in the Dewey Decimal system along with "Fay Wray Instinctual Metaphysics and building climbing". There's an alternate listing under "Free Jazz - The primal-scream and chest-thumping school".

Some people have also described Philosophy as a cataleptic science.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#48217 Sep 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>All humans came through their parents or ancestors. The chromosome 2, are present, in the created being.
Created through natural selection from from earlier apelike men.
ha ha hah

Location hidden

#48218 Sep 25, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You're confusing a geophysical entity with a political one.
Gibberish!!!
The US, are not outside North America...

Location hidden

#48219 Sep 25, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The Harry Potter series talks about London, a real city. Does that make the Harry Potter series non-fiction?
Going by that premises, there are several towns and cities mentioned by the bible, that people thought, did not exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More gay people can now get legally married. Th... (Oct '14) 1 min banat 54
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min My New Alias RULES 1,403,783
News Will Green Political Machine Foil Trump? 1 min Harry Paratestes 18
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Cornelius Scudmister 232,908
News Democratic chief Wasserman Schultz quits amid S... 1 min RustyS 43
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 5 min payme 1,503
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 7 min gwww 93
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 18 min Concerned 176
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 391,149
More from around the web