Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221479 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#46182 Sep 16, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got your eyes closed. I just presented the evidence.
Refute it, or accept it.
I expect you'll run away again.
NO!
The difference are very clear.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#46183 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>This is very clear. Humans, create concrete things unlike others.
What others?

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termite" ;

Termites' mounds and shelter tubes are concrete to them. It's about perspective.

Location hidden

#46184 Sep 16, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists use their eyes to compare human fossils with the fossils that have been discovered. Scientists use their eyes to compare human DNA with the DNA of other great apes, such as chimpanzees and gorillas.
And because their eyes are open, they can see evolution.
Your eyes are shut. You choose to shut them.
Why are you afraid to see?
Not afraid, i am only telling you that, similarities, does not mean, evolution.

Location hidden

#46185 Sep 16, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists use their eyes to compare human fossils with the fossils that have been discovered. Scientists use their eyes to compare human DNA with the DNA of other great apes, such as chimpanzees and gorillas.
And because their eyes are open, they can see evolution.
Your eyes are shut. You choose to shut them.
Why are you afraid to see?
Fossils?
How can you be so sure of the fossils?
It could be chimps for chimps.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#46186 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist, are not the only scientist, christians are also.
Yes. And the VAST MAJORITY of them accept the Theory of Evolution as the best scientific explanation we have for the diversity of life we see on planet Earth, past and present.

Along with the VAST majority of scientists who are Jewish, MUslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Confucianist, Daoist, Shinto, Sikh, Pagan, Wiccan, agnostic, etc..

That's sort of the point.

It is ONLY those few scientists who adhere to a childishly ridiculous, bronze age, "literal and inerrant" goat herder interpretation of the Bible who have a delusional and willfully ignorant problem with the ToE.

Location hidden

#46187 Sep 16, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the idea that monkeys would be engineers if they were related to you?
You keep bringing up "engineers", but what does that have to do with evolution?
Or do you not understand that evolution leads to *different* species with *different* DNA which means *different* capabilities?
Do you simply not understand biology? Is that where the problem lies?
Are you now saying that, humans never evolved from apes?

Location hidden

#46188 Sep 16, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the idea that monkeys would be engineers if they were related to you?
Or do you not understand that evolution leads to *different* species with *different* DNA which means *different* capabilities?
That difference again, shows the evidence of a God.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#46189 Sep 16, 2012
You've got your eyes closed. I just presented the evidence.
Refute it, or accept it.
I expect you'll run away again.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>NO!
The difference are very clear.
The similarities are also very clear.

Yup, you ran away again, instead of refuting the evidence.

Tampa, FL

#46190 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Not afraid, i am only telling you that, similarities, does not mean, evolution.
From talkorigins.org : "Homology is not defined as similarity due to common ancestry and then used as evidence for common ancestry. Rather, the evidence for common ancestry comes from the patterns of similarity of many traits. These similarities show that organisms group naturally into a nested hierarchy. For example, that ladybugs and scarabs are both types of beetle is based on various common traits such as hardened front wings; beetles, flies, and grasshoppers are types of insect; insects, scorpions, and centipedes are types of arthropod. Such grouping does not depend on any assumptions about origins and in fact was first codified by Linnaeus, a creationist. A grouping suggested by many common traits is evidence of common ancestry. This is true no matter what you choose to call the traits. The homology label gets added after the evidence for common ancestry is already in."

Tampa, FL

#46191 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Fossils?
How can you be so sure of the fossils?
It could be chimps for chimps.
From talkorigins: "Creationists themselves disagree about which intermediate hominids are human and which are ape (Foley 2002)."

Tampa, FL

#46192 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Are you now saying that, humans never evolved from apes?
No, I'm saying the same thing that I've always said: that the population of modern humans and the population of modern chimpanzees are descended from a common ancestral population of great apes.

Tampa, FL

#46193 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
That difference again, shows the evidence of a God.
No, the difference shows that evolution in two separate populations goes in different directions.

The similarities show that the two populations are descended from a common population, via evolution.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#46194 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Show me a monkey engineer and the likes? If there is, then i will agree to your fallacies.
&fe ature=related

Fennario

#46195 Sep 16, 2012
wolverine wrote:
I Feel Sorry For You Doc.
Likewise.
wolverine wrote:
For Now, Hatred And Condemnation Are Your Best Friends.
I'll take the condemnation and leave the hatred for you.

Fennario

#46196 Sep 16, 2012
JBH wrote:
Did you hear about Obama speaking of ...
<click>

No. I missed that.

Fennario

#46197 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
To you( a minority). God does not exist, then why the blame?
Who shot J.R.?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#46198 Sep 16, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PBmZMdq-kwMXX&feature=rel ated
I like this one better :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#46199 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Lies can never be truth. Evolution of apes to human, is a lie...
It is just a faith.
How many times can it be explained to you? You reject science for faith; what could possibly get through your bias? Maybe a time machine?

Location hidden

#46200 Sep 16, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference alone, nullifies every possibilities, of humans evolving from apes.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#46201 Sep 16, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>The difference alone, nullifies every possibilities, of humans evolving from apes.

You are not making sense again. Think through what you are trying to say and keep your sentences short. As your skill with English improves, and it already has, you will be able to compose more complex sentences without your meaning getting lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Toxic Repub Toxins 6,758
News James Comey fired as FBI director 2 min Erl 3,873
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min RussianrepubliCONS 274,321
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min NotSoDivineMsM 241,545
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,548,054
News Hundreds Of Scientists Urge Trump To Pull Out O... 5 min Trump is a joke 767
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 min RiccardoFire 6,802
News Dems say they'll slow Senate work over secretiv... 50 min Red Crosse 191
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 1 hr Trumpsajoke 489
More from around the web