Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201770 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#44093 Sep 8, 2012
How do you know that it was a true story, rather than fiction?
Charles Idemi wrote:
The bible is the word of God. The bible said so
So if John Doe writes a book that says that it is the word of a god, you have to believe him?

A work of fiction cannot falsely claim to be a work of truth?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#44094 Sep 8, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
To evolve as specie created...what do you call it ?
Do you understand the meaning of evolution?
I think, no, from your question...
Evolution and creation are just two parrallel lines that can never meet.

Tampa, FL

#44095 Sep 8, 2012
Stop running away, Charles, and answer the question. Yes or no? Does Chromosome 2 exist? No more playing on your part. Man up.
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting us know that your command of English does not extend to the phrase "man up", which you could have looked up if you were unfamiliar with it. "Man up" means that you should have the courage to answer questions rather than running away from them, as you so often do.
Now, because you are running away from it again, I'll point out your lack of courage. Here is the question that you are not brave enough to answer:
Yes or no, does Chromosome 2 exist?
Your opportunity to man up, Charles. I hope you don't fail yet again.
Charles Idemi wrote:
I understand the phrase, "man up"
Obviously you do not. Otherwise, you wouldn't have said "man up or down".
Charles Idemi wrote:
that was why, i quoted it.
Quoting a phrase is not evidence that you understand what it means.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Listen
I'll listen to you when you stop running away from the questions.

Your opportunity to man up, Charles. I hope you don't fail yet again. I'm losing count of your failures. Or, as you would so awkwardly and incorrectly put it, your "fiascoes".

Tampa, FL

#44096 Sep 8, 2012
They are neither a race nor a language family.
Do your research.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Teutons are Germanic tribes that comprised, English, German, Dutch etc...
Dutch, German and English are all languages...
At least you have gained the sense to realize that you were wrong when you called them "races" instead of tribes.

But the question wasn't whether "Dutch, German, and English are all languages", but whether *Teutons* were a language family.

You know, Charles, it's embarrassing for you when you fail to admit when you are wrong, and instead, try to pretend to forget what it is that you have falsely claimed. Why don't you man up, admit your errors, and answer the questions that you are asked, instead of trying to avoid them out of fear?

Location hidden

#44097 Sep 8, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> So you believe god is an alien?
I doubt if you have a brain...

Location hidden

#44098 Sep 8, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
I don't think you have any idea how the word "fiasco" is used in the English language. It is not used in the way in which you use it.
<quoted text>
I haven't seen you address the evidence yet. Why is that?
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC050.h...
Until you actually address the evidence, your protestations are meaningless.
If the bible is not evidence itself, it would have been history but the reverse to date is still the case...

Location hidden

#44100 Sep 8, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So if John Doe writes a book that says that it is the word of a god, you have to believe him?
The bible writers, were all humans, inspired by God...
So, their works can never be untrue or fiction as you guys claimed it to be.

Location hidden

#44102 Sep 8, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Stop running away, Charles, and answer the question. Yes or no? Does Chromosome 2 exist? No more playing on your part. Man up.
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting us know that your command of English does not extend to the phrase "man up", which you could have looked up if you were unfamiliar with it. "Man up" means that you should have the courage to answer questions rather than running away from them, as you so often do.
Now, because you are running away from it again, I'll point out your lack of courage. Here is the question that you are not brave enough to answer:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your opportunity to man up, Charles. I hope you don't fail yet again. I'm losing count of your failures. Or, as you would so awkwardly and incorrectly put it, your "fiascoes".
In summary, all gibberish...

Tampa, FL

#44104 Sep 8, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
If the bible is not evidence itself, it would have been history
Why couldn't a work of fiction be mis-believed as a work of truth? Don't you think that people are gullible?

Tampa, FL

#44105 Sep 8, 2012
I haven't seen you address the evidence yet. Why is that?
Until you actually address the evidence, your protestations are meaningless.
Charles Idemi wrote:
If the bible is not evidence...
I notice that you avoided my question.

Address the evidence, Charles. Or admit that you're afraid to.

Location hidden

#44106 Sep 8, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
They are neither a race nor a language family.
Do your research.
<quoted text>
At least you have gained the sense to realize that you were wrong when you called them "races" instead of tribes.
But the question wasn't whether "Dutch, German, and English are all languages", but whether *Teutons* were a language family.
You know, Charles, it's embarrassing for you when you fail to admit when you are wrong, and instead, try to pretend to forget what it is that you have falsely claimed. Why don't you man up, admit your errors, and answer the questions that you are asked, instead of trying to avoid them out of fear?
Fear?
That is an understatement...
The Israelite tribes, comprising the southern tribes and the northern tribes...
These tribes are known because they speak the same or related languages.

Tampa, FL

#44107 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>The bible writers, were all humans, inspired by God
How do you know that they were inspired by a "god"? Couldn't they have lied, or been mistaken? How do you know that they weren't?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#44108 Sep 8, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite typical of item in an animals or human body was put there for a reason by the creator.
Pretty desperate for supporting evidence if you're trying to claim this as supporting evidence.
Except they weren't. Or you at least you have no evidence of that. In fact they function rather poorly. If the changed uses were the purpose of them there are better ways to do it. This only fits the design of an inept creator. They do work for evolution since evolution works on good enough and not on what is ideal.

So are you claiming an inept creator to support your beliefs?

Tampa, FL

#44109 Sep 8, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Charles Idemi wrote:
In summary, all gibberish...
But enough about Tinka.

I realize that you want to change the subject and not address the question because you're afraid to.

Charles, if you're going to debate evolution, you need a basic understanding of biology.

And if you don't know whether or not you have a Chromosome 2, then you lack that basic understanding.

You're in way over your head, Charles. I do feel sorry for you.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#44110 Sep 8, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of many reasons I believe it to be the word of God. You cannot understand why as long as you wear the Red Lens Glasses.
So one God?? Again I want to ask you since you seem to be a strong believer...

GOD...it's said though and from all Lands combined having worshipped all it seems to someone at one time of another GODS...

So to Jesus, he was a male born of a woman...
Then he died and he came back and was a GOD, to be placed where
Gods and people however...

Jesus is also called King and Lord to Latin for a time a Lord or for the Lords time?

Godly beings deceased? Are they? Their plan must be very explicid...

To fully understand them they would not allow it and to Science that may be a major piss off...

Location hidden

#44111 Sep 8, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you
You are welcome...

Everett, WA

#44112 Sep 8, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let me save you some time. When someone claim proof of God or proof of no God, you need not bother. There is no proof either way.
I am a bit saddened to see you sticking to your out of context claim. It's not taken out of context. It repeated through out the 3 shows. It's sad to see you having to stay on a sinking ship like that.
There is no sinking ship, and it is rather clear that the quote was out of context. That was only part of a show and it was set up for dramatic purposes. By quoting it in that fashion it was clearly a quote out of context since neither of the people would agree with KJV's claims.

Location hidden

#44113 Sep 8, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why couldn't a work of fiction be mis-believed as a work of truth? Don't you think that people are gullible?
God almighty can never use people of impure hearts.

Everett, WA

#44114 Sep 8, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect there is good evidence for my believe.
"Unique among all books ever written, the Bible accurately foretells specific events-in detail-many years, sometimes centuries, before they occur. Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors.
(The remaining 500 or so reach into the future and may be seen unfolding as days go by.) Since the probability for any one of these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance averages less than one in ten (figured very conservatively) and since the prophecies are for the most part independent of one another, the odds for all these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance without error is less than one in 102000 (that is 1 with 2000 zeros written after it)!"
Name some of those prophecies. Some books were written with prophesies in mind so that they could be "fulfilled". I will give you two freebies: Christs supposed birth in Jerusalem and his name being "Immanuel" were both written after the fact to meet prophesy. There is too much evidence to think that it was anything but that.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#44115 Sep 8, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand the meaning of evolution?
I think, no, from your question...
Evolution and creation are just two parrallel lines that can never meet.
English to parrallel meaning more than one side? To angles...
Why to Evolution don't I seem to understand...

Something new, different but still of a same or in that not? To what's evolving?

So birds always had their wings or did they have fins first?

And creation to have created for the means of Evolving...

To earth's grasp and it's inheritance(s) some wouldn't want anyone to have anything more than what it is they hold...

So E volutions, to valume... to it's fill of BULL SHIT and BULL SHIFTS of the masses amongst people...

Listening to the Pres. And the thing with him is he doesn't seem some ignorant defuser that spinns shiv around much to the Politics of a world, to leaders a combine for I still say strategy and as it is defined in the English Language it is to a positive gain advances to a world, Peoples feel; they are under some great oppressed state through it Powers that lead, some Nations truly have the rights to speak and vote till they are happy if they are not..
America has last their Government is what really happened...

Some would love to just give it all away if they could just to/and so people could evolve more...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min who cares 15,041
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,406,216
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 min USA Nobel Prize 10,511
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Abe 233,679
News Democratic chief Wasserman Schultz quits amid S... 17 min tina anne 70
News 'Jill not Hill' - Green Party's Stein seeks San... 20 min tina anne 15
News The Republican Party is dead 37 min tina anne 2,314
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr katrina 88 391,753
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 hr Black Russian 5,757
News Poll: Trump supporters unfazed by reversal on s... 8 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 329
More from around the web