Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218840 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

ARGUING with IDIOTS

Weed, CA

#40330 Aug 23, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>When we take a good hard look at genetics the probability that evolution is correct becomes very high. It was after all the discovery of DNA which put evolution beyond all reasonable doubt. Of course you fundies aren't reasonable.(shrug)
What do you believe the function of DNA is?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#40331 Aug 23, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Indeed you will.
No longer your distant cousin. Lol. CLOWN!!!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#40333 Aug 23, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I thought you were referring to evolution being a religion. Apologies if I misread.
Ah, here we go:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

So again, if that was not your intent then you can at least see why some people may think that.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40334 Aug 23, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I was explaining the scientific consequences of Adam and Eve. If they were real, we aren't here.
Or God used magic to get around the problems of extreme deadness.
Without The Injection Of New Genetic Material, From Time To Time,Mankind Would Have Perished.

Now, We Had Fallen Angels Genetically Modify Humans To Try To Breed Out The God Gene. Thus The Need For The Great Flood.

No Matter How You Believe, Explain How If We Came From A Common Ancestor, We Would Not Have Genetically Died Out.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#40335 Aug 23, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Biological development. How is this relevant to the validity of the theory of evolution?

Location hidden

#40336 Aug 23, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There are options even in heterosexual relationships, It's surprising you are this ignorant. You have to realize it's only your own ignorance speaking. There are multiple ways a gay couple could have children biologically their own, but if that failed. We could give them one.
What is so wrong with that?
Bury your head in shame...
Homosexuals, whether gay or lesbians, can never have children of their own, except through the right course, opposite sex and adoption.
FREE SERVANT
#40337 Aug 23, 2012
With my last post I should have said that the people who built the towers caused God's wrath. They had great knowledge but what they were doing with it was not good.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#40338 Aug 23, 2012
Hey, HTS - you didn't tell us what the "scientific theory" of IDC is. You didn't tell us what all this "massive evidence for God" was. Why is that?

At least you can go back and tell all your IDCreationist buddies that it ain't being rejected because we don't wanna hear about it, right? Cuz man, I SO wanna hear about it. That's why I've been asking for it for 7 years!

Never let it be said that I'm not a generous Dude.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#40339 Aug 23, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
From what can be scientifically determined, no intelligent force organized your DNA. Even your parents agree, they said you were an accident.(shrug)
But according to you chemistry is perfectly able to self organize DNA today but not 4 billion years ago, for some unknown reason. Unless of course you claim that your DNA never self organized and required an "intelligent force" to develop. In which case I would like you to expound on that explanation and describe the mechanisms involved and the evidence you have to back it up.
You're a moron. You make no logical sense whatsoever.

Location hidden

#40340 Aug 23, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You have at least one vote , that you are the one of the stupidest humans to have ever existed.
You are frustrated...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#40341 Aug 23, 2012
<quoted text>
The function? None, DNA doesn't do anything. It sits there and other chemicals react to it.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#40342 Aug 23, 2012
<quoted text>
What men? How many? Names?
Beats me. It's your favourite book, you tell us.(shrug) As it happens historical scholars have been unable to determine exactly who wrote it, other than it was done by many men over many centuries.
Or you just talking smack?
Oh, so you deny that it was written by men? You deny it was written a couple of thousand years ago? Do you deny they wrote that the Earth was a flat square circle at the center of a geocentric universe? Do you deny that they wrote that the blood of a dove cures leprosy? Do you deny that they wrote about talking donkeys and lizards?

So yes, I think ancient superstitious men was a valid description. Why?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Weed, CA

#40343 Aug 23, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Biological development. How is this relevant to the validity of the theory of evolution?
What roll do you believe it has in biological development? What function does it have?

Location hidden

#40344 Aug 23, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You have at least one vote , that you are the one of the stupidest humans to have ever existed.
I repeat:
Humans remain the dominant creation to date...
Keep sharing your frustrations. Loser!
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40345 Aug 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Which apes are you talking about when you make this assertion, there are many different species of ape, we're one and we do these things, therefore at least one species of ape does.
Why, Planet Of The Apes, Of Course
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#40346 Aug 23, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
With my last post I should have said that the people who built the towers caused God's wrath. They had great knowledge but what they were doing with it was not good.
You Are Correct, And, Thats The Origin Of The Different Languages And Races.....Scattered And Confused
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#40347 Aug 23, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Without The Injection Of New Genetic Material, From Time To Time,Mankind Would Have Perished.
Oh, I agree. But that's okay, it happens all the time. Every day in fact.
wolverine wrote:
Now, We Had Fallen Angels Genetically Modify Humans
Ah, so that's how mankind didn't incestuously nookeenook itself to death after Adam and Eve.
wolverine wrote:
To Try To Breed Out The God Gene.
Really?? I'd never heard of such a thing. Can you linky to a scientific paper that has identified it?
wolverine wrote:
Thus The Need For The Great Flood.
Um, but that puts you right back at square one - bro's and sisters doin' it, recycling the same old genetic material until humanity effectively dies of cancer. And according to you, this is how God made it so therefore more fallen angels are required to come down and help diversify the population. So they saved us from god's stupidity? Really? THAT is the religion you believe in?
wolverine wrote:
No Matter How You Believe, Explain How If We Came From A Common Ancestor, We Would Not Have Genetically Died Out.
Because by the time sexual reproduction came about there was already a large population, so in teh-fam nook-nook was not a huge problem.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#40348 Aug 23, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You're a moron. You make no logical sense whatsoever.
No, I guess not. Rational people are illogical to fundies. They're too silly to reject talking lizards and donkeys out of hand!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#40349 Aug 23, 2012
<quoted text>
What roll do you believe it has in biological development? What function does it have?
Cell replication. You gonna get around to your fundie point any time soon or shall we just skip to your Nelson Muntz moment?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#40350 Aug 23, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
You Are Correct, And, Thats The Origin Of The Different Languages And Races.....Scattered And Confused
And how high was heaven above sea level?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Obama's Legacy Among World's Muslims Tarnished? 3 min Good Riddance 13
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 min USA 15,035
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Just call me ABE 2 256,894
News REPORT: Elizabeth Warren Refuses To Disavow Mad... 9 min Cordwainer Trout 7
News White House defends statement on audience for T... 10 min Autistic mormon 21
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 234,670
News Marking Roe anniversary, abortion foes pin hope... 27 min Cordwainer Trout 6
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 49 min OzRitz 1,483,973
News Trump's 'running war' on the media undermines t... 1 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 69
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Lollypop8928 409,895
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 2 hr Patriot 4,933
News Churchill bust back in Oval Office 4 hr Ftrump 168
More from around the web