Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#39803 Aug 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this has been pointed out to you a million times, but ...
Abiogenesis and evolution are not connected nor dependent on each other in any way.
You have an abiogenesis myth, we have a workable abiogenesis hypothesis. The difference is that your myth offers nothing useful to humanity while out hypothesis may one day cure cancer.
Evolution happens, get over it already, and it's not very magical, just extremely fascinating.
"Evolution happens, get over it already, and it's not very magical, just extremely fascinating."

You are so right. I think it's kind of sad that most of these people we debate here are going to their grave still believing the myths and that they will be resurrected in some kind of heaven.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#39804 Aug 21, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Okay.
I have the answer.
---You DONT KNOW.
And hence the debate...

Location hidden

#39805 Aug 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. RNA, the first of the self replicating molecules from what we know, will mutate on it's own, and requires no cells. The replicator molecule even mutates, that's how DNA likely came about.
However, we are certain RNA can exist without a cell, can replicate without a cell, and mutates without intervention.
Not true for humans and other mammals.
sevenhobby

Nanjing, China

#39806 Aug 21, 2012
I am just coming over to read your comments.

Location hidden

#39807 Aug 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you are a troll or stupid, take your pick.
Both names befits your name(Blacksheep)...

““You must not lose faith ”

Location hidden

#39810 Aug 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Not true for humans and other mammals.
At this point it would be usefull to read the links that have been provided.
I have satisfactorily seen all proof for the question put by you and HTS and Malakai.

Maybe you could look up spinal fluid. Amazing what is present with out it's jacket on and still being able to function properly.

Location hidden

#39811 Aug 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a very flawed understanding of scientific language. Asexuality is the label used to describe behavior, like homosexuality or heterosexuality, and it is completely possible in all species, even humans. In humans it manifests as a lack of sexual drive, lack of sexual desire, and lack of sexual attraction. Asexual humans are generally attracted to personality, intellect, and other mental traits but rarely even date or pair up, often just having friends and groups of "buddies" with no sexual activity.
While many species are incapable of reproducing asexually, this does not mean they cannot be asexual. Asexual is likely a combination of genes resulting in improved mental traits, the sexual desires are absent as a result. The drive to reproduce sexually is controlled by the genes, and therefore, any change to these can result in variants, which we see in many species. In primates we see what looks like the "tribe elder," a primate who is not competing for attention of the others and is also usually watching over all the youth from the side instead of any specific offspring.
Sexuality and gender is not dichotomous, and anyone who believes so is naive. The rarity of asexuality in humans is likely why our population has been able to grow so well, it is the primary reason why the phenomena has not been thoroughly researched as determining if another mating animal is asexual is virtually impossible. The misdiagnosis of asexual humans in the past has lead to many lives ruined and a stereotyping of the phenomena by the psychiatric community, one of the many reason psychiatry itself is losing all credibility. It is not a mental difference that makes people asexual, it is a physical difference in the body and how the cells respond to hormones and pheromones.
Research is a wonderful thing, you should try it sometime instead of just assuming everything is what you want it to be.
Wrong!
Homosexuals( gay and lesbians) can never reproduce, never!

Location hidden

#39812 Aug 21, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Which doesn't change the fact that there are still numerous species that reproduce asexually.
<quoted text>
"More unique", which means *what*?*Every* species is unique. Again, that's what makes something a species.
Certainly not humans...
You can never equate humans with others, never!

Location hidden

#39813 Aug 21, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
Continue begging the questions...
No, is the answer.

Location hidden

#39814 Aug 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
Homosexuals( gay and lesbians) can never reproduce, never!
Functionality is not lost.

Location hidden

#39815 Aug 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly not humans...
You can never equate humans with others, never!
You are doing so right now.

Location hidden

#39816 Aug 21, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
<quoted text>
You're saying that you have no chromosome 2 in your DNA? Seriously?
I am saying that, i am created in the image and likeness of God...

Location hidden

#39817 Aug 21, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
And how are you coming with explaining human Chromosome 2? No matter how many times you run away from that question, I'll keep asking it until you answer it.
<quoted text>
So why are you afraid to answer that question?
<quoted text>
Proof of what?
To your last question, humans and other mammals, can never reproduce on their own...

Location hidden

#39818 Aug 21, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
So you're saying that all of your cousins have exactly the same set of skills and abilities that you do? Athletic individuals can't have non-athletic cousins? Intelligent individuals can't have non-intelligent cousins?
Is that seriously your argument?
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question. It was a yes or no question.
No!
A pig is a pig, no matter the education, but will definitely change. Food for thought...

Location hidden

#39819 Aug 21, 2012
InCrEaSe_ThE_PeAcE wrote:
Whats the deal with these dumb ass creationists? They are entitled to believe what they want. But why are they trying to influence the education system? Some people just can't stand the truth it seems.
Look before leaping!
We have numerous educated ones in all the field of learning, that are christians...
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39820 Aug 21, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you are ignorant and refuse to look at the latest research. I even posted a link that would have educated you. If you are not willing to learn all I can do is to point out what is going on to you. The rest is up to you.
Not Interested in Further Speculation....Some DEfinative PRoof Would BE Refreshing.

Location hidden

#39821 Aug 22, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point it would be usefull to read the links that have been provided.
I have satisfactorily seen all proof for the question put by you and HTS and Malakai.
Maybe you could look up spinal fluid. Amazing what is present with out it's jacket on and still being able to function properly.
I am not really getting you!
Are you saying that, humans and other mammals can reproduce on their own?

Location hidden

#39823 Aug 22, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Functionality is not lost.
They can function but they can never reproduce...

Location hidden

#39824 Aug 22, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You are doing so right now.
How?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39825 Aug 22, 2012
Has Anyone Noticed ?

Since The Infiltration Of Liberals/Atheists Into Our Education System....We Have Become The Laughing Stock Of The World ?

Before This Pyridine Shift, We Lead In Every Field.

Leaves One To Think They Need To Be Removed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min gop idiots 1,220,462
News Democrats hearing wrong message on immigration 3 min wild child 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Taletha 324,555
News 'Deep-Seated Cultural Codes, Religious Beliefs ... 6 min Lawrence Wolf 49
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques in Orleans 187,337
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 7 min Redefined 433
News Panel to hear appeal on Obama immigration actions 13 min Memo From Turner 150
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 23 min Sunshine 179,265
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 24 min OccupyThis 191
News Sending weapons to Ukraine will soon be irrelevant 30 min American for Ukraine 115
More from around the web