Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199561 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

KJV

United States

#35443 Jul 24, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>It's just plain chickenshít and you know it.
I don't think so. And you should reconsider your view point. You are among the minority in your believe.
KJV

United States

#35444 Jul 24, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, I didn't even read your comment. You are a horrid excuse for a human being.
I'm a horrid human for trying to get you to save your soul?

Because I am pointing out there is a hash reality to your way of thinking.

By pointing out that your believe in all the matter in the universe could at one time fit on the head of a pin is a wilder statement then saying there is a God.

No it's you that are a horrid human.
You try to lead as many as possible to Hell.

I'm trying to get people to heaven and you're trying to get people to Hell!
KJV

United States

#35445 Jul 24, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>First KJV tells us that I feel superior to God,
and now Forreal tells us that Drew Smith hates Biblical characters!

It's so nice of you people to serve as our spokesmen!
You comment was making correction on Gods creations as if you could have done better. You could not possible understand the creators reasons for how and why he created the way he did.

It's nice the way Atheist twist and lie to try and ruin the credibility of a Theist.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#35446 Jul 24, 2012
Bluenose wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get a better bible, or learn how to read.
Do your parents know you are up this late?
KJV

United States

#35447 Jul 24, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares if the Earth was flat three thousand years ago? It's not flat now.
"One thing to keep in mind when reading the Bible. Eastern cultures used a lot more symbolic language in their writings than we westerners do. Because of this we westerners miss a lot of the meanings in the Bible. A prime example of this can be seen in my analysis of the Parable of the Prodigal Son ( http://www.answerbag.com/a_view/164399 ). So, I have to agree with the others that have answered this. The writer of this passage is using symbolic language to say that God is founder of the world. He created it. Therefore, without Him there would be no world on which we could live."

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/518642#ixzz21...
KJV

United States

#35448 Jul 24, 2012
freethinker1957 wrote:
<quoted text>But why you linking to a religious site instead of a per review science site
Because evolution is a religion.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#35449 Jul 24, 2012
Rogue Angel wrote:
<quoted text>My friend. There isn't a direct reference to a flat Earth nor to a sphere. Several scriptures allude to what can't be describe as a sphere. So how should one interpret the premis for making these statements?

Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Revelations 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Job 11:9
The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.

Job 28:24
For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;

Job 37:3
He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

Job 38:4-6
Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Job 38:13
That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

Jeremiah 16:19
O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Daniel 4:11
The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:

Matthew 4:8
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Honestly!

Let me ask you this first, when does North meet South?

And how many dimensions do we reside? And how many dimension are we able to view?

PS , Apostle Paul mentions hyper-dimensions 200yrs before Einstein
SCIENCE ED

Columbus, OH

#35450 Jul 24, 2012
Rogue Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend. There isn't a direct reference to a flat Earth nor to a sphere. Several scriptures allude to what can't be describe as a sphere. So how should one interpret the premis for making these statements?
Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
Revelations 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
Job 11:9
The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.
Job 28:24
For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;
Job 37:3
He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.
Job 38:4-6
Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:13
That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
Jeremiah 16:19
O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.
Daniel 4:11
The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:
Matthew 4:8
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
When God made the firmament and divided the waters from which Earth was made it was a hollow dome or sphere that covered the gathering together of the firm solid matter which was the structure that spread out to gather unto one place the dry land. The firmament was a round dome or cover.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#35451 Jul 24, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly!

Let me ask you this first, when does North meet South?

And how many dimensions do we reside? And how many dimension are we able to view?

PS , Apostle Paul mentions hyper-dimensions 200yrs before Einstein
My friend i'm sorry but your questions seem out of context to the discussion. Please give a statement connecting these questions to our discussion.
KJV

United States

#35452 Jul 24, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>You mean, someone at Answerbag finally came up with a great twist... I mean, editing, job on god's words! God is or was too stupid to write what he meant himself? He needs people like you and Answerbag to 'fix' his mistakes? And he need the muslims to kill people for him and the jews to cut off the ends of their dicks. great god almighty!
No not at all. I decided to quote Answerbag. Because they can word the explanation so that even you should be able to understand it.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#35453 Jul 24, 2012
Rogue Angel wrote:
<quoted text>My friend i'm sorry but your questions seem out of context to the discussion. Please give a statement connecting these questions to our discussion.
Coward, run along!

Not answering speaks volumes!
KJV

United States

#35454 Jul 24, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Flat square circular non-spherical geocentric Earth:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm
http://www.geocentricity.com/astronomy_of_bib...

"The fact that this verse speaks of the "circle of the earth" can mean one of three things: 1) the earth is not a flat square but a flat circle. If that is true then what of the four corners of the earth? A flat circle has no corners. 2) the earth is shaped in a way that is spheroidal but has a square cross-section somewhere, at the equator, for example. 3) the earth is spheroidal in shape. This latter opinion is further strengthened by observing the reference to the inhabitants as grasshoppers, implying a perspective from on high, particularly, the outermost heaven.

Isaiah 40:22 is not the only verse in the Bible which speaks of the circle as descriptive of the shape of the earth. Proverbs 8:27 reads:
When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth...
The word "compass" can mean a circular enclosure or a spherical envelope. Since the verse speaks of an extended area -- some three-quarters of the surface of the earth -- the spherical enclosure for "compass" is a better interpretation than a circular enclosure."

Location hidden

#35455 Jul 24, 2012
SCIENCE ED wrote:
<quoted text>When God made the firmament and divided the waters from which Earth was made it was a hollow dome or sphere that covered the gathering together of the firm solid matter which was the structure that spread out to gather unto one place the dry land. The firmament was a round dome or cover.
Ok... A dead idea since 1630?

Location hidden

#35456 Jul 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>No not at all. I decided to quote Answerbag. Because they can word the explanation so that even you should be able to understand it.
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#35457 Jul 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"The problem is the real evidence that contradicts the Bible far outweighs the random scratches on pottery shards that are core to your belief."
This of course is yet another lie.
"Is the Bible just a collection of myths and legends, or is it the inspired word of God? Many assume that modern scholarship has discredited the Bible, but the facts of history — and the discoveries of archaeology — confirm its contents to be true! The Bible recounts the past with amazing accuracy — and it predicts the future like no other book! Most of the world has been misled and misinformed about the Bible. "
http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/booklets/the-bi...
Two words:

Tyre prophesy.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#35458 Jul 24, 2012
Okay, let me see if I have this straight:

The Bible is literally true except for when it's not.
KJV

United States

#35459 Jul 24, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The point is that locust and all insects have 6 legs. Describing them as four legged would be incorrect. If you look at a typical grasshopper species including migratory locusts, the hind legs are larger and longer, but are not above the prothoracic and mesothoracic legs. The origin of all six legs is in roughly the same plane along the thorax. Because of the length of the metathoracic (hind) legs and their specialization for walking and jumping, parts of the leg may be above the insect body depending on what the insect is doing at the time. The tarsi (feet) would be in the same line as whatever substrate the insect was on. In other words, on a flat surface, the feet would be on the same plane.

The Biblical description you site above is misleading and not wholy accurate.

By the way, beetles existing at the writing of the old testament, would likely be the same species as today.
Yes beetles did exist back then.

Just like football exists in Europe how ever it's a totally different game then the NFL game.

Beetles by that name back then and in that language was not what we call a beetle today.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#35460 Jul 24, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes beetles did exist back then.
Just like football exists in Europe how ever it's a totally different game then the NFL game.
Beetles by that name back then and in that language was not what we call a beetle today.
Yes, what is your point?

Location hidden

#35461 Jul 24, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>Coward, run along!

Not answering speaks volumes!
So you're refusing to submit what I need to understand your question? My friend I ask again to please connect this for me.

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#35462 Jul 24, 2012
The Dude Destroyer wrote:
<quoted text>
And I say that was a "lie", boueuf-head.:D
A perfect example of what I said! Do your own homework and look up Catch-22!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AG Lynch will accept decision of FBI, prosecuto... 3 min He Named Me Black... 16
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min HILLARY 2016 229,093
News Justicea s gay marriage order halts licenses in... 4 min Pietro Armando 347
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min USAsince1680 1,396,569
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 217,136
News Illegal Immigrant Deported Six Times Since 2003... 7 min tomin cali 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min OzRitz 60,188
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 17 min davy 595
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 57 min Katrina 88 388,477
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 2 hr Chicagoan by Birth 1,295
More from around the web