Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173403 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#33592 Jul 13, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please be kind enough to identify the salient features of your comment that distinguish it from bullshít.
Things must be guided to work........
KJV

United States

#33593 Jul 13, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, stick it up your ass.
Is that something you practice often?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#33596 Jul 13, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Things must be guided to work........
That's BS.
KJV

United States

#33598 Jul 13, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>You're kind of screwed here because Answers in Gibberish doesn't show the math and you can't do it yourself.

38mm/year = 0.000038km/yr
0.000038km/yr x 4000000000yr = 152000km
mean Lunar orbit radius = 384000km

This is a first order approximation. More exact solutions to the long term transfer of angular momentum are beyond my ability.

Maybe you should quit copying stuff from crank science sites.
"we showed that assuming that the moon formed naturalistically 4.5 billion years ago, and that the rate of spiraling away hasn’t deviated (from the constant 1/r6 relation) then the moon can’t be older than 1.5 billion years—a contradiction. Such inconsistencies are common in non-biblical world views.
Uniformitarianism is a blind philosophical assumption; it is not a conclusion based on evidence. "

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#33599 Jul 13, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Free will is an illusion in the presence of an omnipotent omniscient God. Grade school logic.
Not necessarily.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#33600 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"we showed that assuming that the moon formed naturalistically 4.5 billion years ago, and that the rate of spiraling away hasn’t deviated (from the constant 1/r6 relation) then the moon can’t be older than 1.5 billion years—a contradiction. Such inconsistencies are common in non-biblical world views.
Uniformitarianism is a blind philosophical assumption; it is not a conclusion based on evidence. "
What 1/r6 relation?

'Uniformitarianism is not a controversial assumption when compared to magic.'
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#33604 Jul 13, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Something you have repeatedly admitted you cannot do, therefore relying on the authority of ancient scriptures which say lizards talk and that the Earth is flat.
No, Silly......Atheists Talk With Flat Brains.....Lizards Are Cool.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#33605 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are just an Atheist nothing more.
My Friend, I Ponder The Calculation Of Wasted Hours On These Threads.

Truely, This Is A Journey Though The Offspring Of Corrupyed Souls.
Time Is Better Spent Preparing Oneself For The Future, Then DwellinG In The Past.
Once Bitten

United States

#33606 Jul 13, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>What 1/r6 relation?

'Uniformitarianism is not a controversial assumption when compared to magic.'
You know what's is the biggest fairy tale on this thread. It's that science puts a ridicules date on everything by the billions of years and all the good little students buy into it.

The moon is 4 billion years old
The earth is 4.6 billion years old
The universe is 13.7 billion years old
The Dinosaurs are 65 million years old

And yet every time something is dated by two or three different methods the ages swing violently. They don't know what they are doing but you all don't care. How can you claim to be intelligent and buy in to their BS?

Sheep that's all you are. Science really happens when you dig into it rather then accepting it at face value.

If aging rocks is such an accurate science then why do they round off in the hundred of millions of years?

Guess what they are probable off by a few billion years or so.
KJV

United States

#33607 Jul 13, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know that? What you stated was also just a guess.
If its never happened it never happened

Prove me wrong.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#33609 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No the universe cannot have always existed. The second law of thermodynamics prevents it.
How do you know that?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#33610 Jul 13, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's BS.
No, it isn't !

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#33612 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>I have a long standing challenges also.

1) how did the universes come into existence from nothing?

2) how did life start from nonliving matter?
1) the universe is pretty much still nothing. The balance of the universe equals zero.

2) my opinion is that self replicating virus like structures formed in nebula clouds.

Location hidden

#33613 Jul 13, 2012
Once Bitten wrote:
<quoted text>You know what's is the biggest fairy tale on this thread. It's that science puts a ridicules date on everything by the billions of years and all the good little students buy into it.

The moon is 4 billion years old
The earth is 4.6 billion years old
The universe is 13.7 billion years old
The Dinosaurs are 65 million years old

And yet every time something is dated by two or three different methods the ages swing violently. They don't know what they are doing but you all don't care. How can you claim to be intelligent and buy in to their BS?

Sheep that's all you are. Science really happens when you dig into it rather then accepting it at face value.

If aging rocks is such an accurate science then why do they round off in the hundred of millions of years?

Guess what they are probable off by a few billion years or so.
One thing would greatly support a young Earth. Finding disproportionate amounts of surviving DNA in dinosaur fossils.

Location hidden

#33614 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>If its never happened it never happened

Prove me wrong.
Incredulous, overly ambitious conclusion ending in Tu Quoque Fallacy.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#33615 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
If its never happened it never happened
Prove me wrong.
Chickenshít fundie cop-out. Do you use it ofhen?

Paying to an empty milk carton is more effective than praying to Jesus Christ. Prove me wrong.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#33616 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The second law of thermodynamic!
This is from you very own Science.
Don't put that on me. You made the claim.. Scientifically illiterate dolts really shouldn't be making claims they can't back up.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#33617 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a long standing challenges also.
1) how did the universes come into existence from nothing?
2) how did life start from nonliving matter?
Nobody knows how the universe came into existence. It certainly didn't come from an old book of myths and legends.

Smart people are working on that second question, the first one as well, and will probably figure it out in our lifetimes, God willing, and I'm pretty old.

In the meantime, you will remain stupid enough to think some yokel named Methuselah really lived for 969 years.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#33618 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is. Did you just join this thread?
Because I could swear I've seen you on here for quite awhile. So you must have read the basis for my claim.
Sorry, I don't remember that. If you could put the facts on the table then you can put them on the table now. Please try to avoid facts that assume the existence of a talking snake unless you can produce that snake.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#33619 Jul 13, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"I believe that God created everything, including Lucifer. He created Lucifer as a powerful anointed angel. However, Lucifer wasn’t satisfied with that, and he didn’t remain the anointed cherub that God created him to be.
Ezekiel 28:13-14 describe him as he originally was in the Garden of Eden:
“Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.”
Most people believe that Lucifer took one-third of the angels and rebelled against God in heaven, where he was defeated and then cast to earth. This is all taken from one scripture, in Revelation 12:4"
Gee, you would think that an omnipotent god would just vaporize the wayward angels (Satan included).

Because an omnipresent god who knows all and is everywhere would know what damages and hurt a rogue angel would/could cause.

One would think a supremely intelligent. omnipotent, and omnipresent god would understand the dire consequences that would transpire if left alone without fixing the problem.

I don't think 'your' god is very smart...or useful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Trump now in play for general election 1 min Lawrence Wolf 162
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Injudgement 193,558
News Clinton campaign denies 'boxcar' a Holocaust re... 2 min Jim Scmhithammer 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Propagandason Coo... 1,275,113
News Standoff over gay marriage licenses wears on, d... 3 min Rainbow Kid 36
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min Shizle 12,524
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 4 min Old Kentuckin 258
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 7 min Lawrence Wolf 134
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Agents of Corruption 340,754
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 196,945
More from around the web