Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#31239 Jun 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When you find a watch on the ground, how do you know it was made?
It had a stem but no leaves.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#31240 Jun 20, 2012
Bluenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is no such thing as centrifugal force. Basic high school physics. What there is, is centripetal acceleration, provided in the earth-moon case by gravity.
Centrifugal force (from Latin centrum, meaning "center", and fugere, meaning "to flee") represents the effects of inertia that arise in connection with rotation and which are experienced as an outward force away from the center of rotation. In Newtonian mechanics, the term centrifugal force is used to refer to one of two distinct concepts: an inertial force (also called a "fictitious" force) observed in a non-inertial reference frame, and a reaction force corresponding to a centripetal force.

The term is also sometimes used in Lagrangian mechanics to describe certain terms in the generalized force that depend on the choice of generalized coordinates.

The concept of centrifugal force is applied in rotating devices such as centrifuges, centrifugal pumps, centrifugal governors, centrifugal clutches, etc., as well as in centrifugal railways,**planetary orbits,** banked curves, etc. These devices and situations can be analyzed either in terms of the fictitious force in the rotating coordinate system of the motion relative to a center, or in terms of the centripetal and reactive centrifugal forces seen from a non-rotating frame of reference; these different forces are equal in magnitude, but centrifugal and reactive centrifugal forces are opposite in direction to the centripetal force.

Evolution is true.....

#31241 Jun 20, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
So Babylon never existed? That's new...
Didn't say that dude. I said that the "Tower of Babel" incident never happened.

The religious folks have placed the Tower of Babel incident at around 2000 BC...a few hundred years after the Flood.

We know for a FACT that humanity had been spread ALL over the earth for thousands of years by this time. North and South America were the last continents to be populated and we KNOW that there were lots of people in the Americas by 15,000 BC.

There is no question at all that humans (modern Homo-sapiens) were all over Asia, China, Japan, Korea, Australia, India, and all of Europe and the British Isles. Spain and France have cave paintings going back at least 20,000 + years. Israel has human and Neanderthal bones in caves in Mt. Carmel dated to 50,000 years ago.

The Bible is mostly myth...especially the Old Testament.

Do you think all these people were grunting at each other

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#31242 Jun 20, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Darwinism was the first Global Warming, then came global cooling, warming and next global economic chaos.
News for you, we've had ice ages and economic collapse in the past.

Read a book

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Since: Jun 09

Elk Grove

#31243 Jun 20, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say that dude. I said that the "Tower of Babel" incident never happened.
The religious folks have placed the Tower of Babel incident at around 2000 BC...a few hundred years after the Flood.
We know for a FACT that humanity had been spread ALL over the earth for thousands of years by this time. North and South America were the last continents to be populated and we KNOW that there were lots of people in the Americas by 15,000 BC.
There is no question at all that humans (modern Homo-sapiens) were all over Asia, China, Japan, Korea, Australia, India, and all of Europe and the British Isles. Spain and France have cave paintings going back at least 20,000 + years. Israel has human and Neanderthal bones in caves in Mt. Carmel dated to 50,000 years ago.
The Bible is mostly myth...especially the Old Testament.
Do you think all these people were grunting at each other
Yup...

Evolution is true.....

#31244 Jun 20, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup...
Fool...

Typical creationist
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#31245 Jun 20, 2012
Typical Christian, struggling for coherence.
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'd your IQ. I'll try and dumb it down for you.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#31246 Jun 20, 2012
As I said, you are severely religitarded.
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey...it's the evolutionist that hold to vampires, werewolves and zombies.
Evolution would be nowhere without the existence of these...

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Since: Jun 09

Elk Grove

#31247 Jun 20, 2012
davy wrote:
As I said, you are severely religitarded.
<quoted text>
Egads...they let you out of your cage? Everyone...meet davy...an evolutionary wonder...possibly the missing link...there are vampires, werewolves and zombies and then there is davy...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#31256 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know what you're talking about then go get the $250,000 being offered to anyone who can prove what you just babbled.
If you don't then we know you your self don't believe the crap you're dishing out
Christians have put their money up to be claimed and yet no one can seem to claim it. Kind of proves where the BS really is.
The banana proves evolution.

Already pointed out to Hovind a bunch of times. Let's add to that list, shall we:

1. Cattle
2. Corn
3. Domestic cats
4. Domestic dogs, specifically the chihuahua
5. Rabbits with mouse ears
8. Glofish

... and that's off the top of my head. All have been observed, many selected by human intelligence, but all results of evolution. All hinge on evolution working, without evolution, you wouldn't have beef.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#31259 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
From Flu viruses.
Are they an exact copy of the parent strain? No.

Over a thousand years, how many changes will take place?

Over a million years, how many changes will take place?

Over a billion years, how many changes will take place?

At some point, it is a completely different virus.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#31260 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
It would have sounded better if you said......
And also, your "Soul" is a complete work of fiction.
See doesn't that sound better?
Then I would say something like this.....
No, God created Souls and breathed the first one into Adam and then Adam became alive.
That is how the great book of fiction tells it! LOL!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#31264 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Flu is a virus. We don't know for sure if any was on the ark. We know it didn't have to be on the ark. So this is really stuff you don't know? Or are you just dumbing posting.
Without a food source, the virus cannot exist, influenza needs bodies to live in, it needs other animals to survive.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#31268 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
You call it fact. I say prove it. Fact can be proven (Fact).
Over 300 Monkey specie by science terms, By the bible terms that's one "Kind".
A biblical "Kind" can reproduce with each other.( in a very simple definition )
So you should be able to grasp it.
Evolution is one kind Mutating to another kind.
Never happened never will.
Well, if a biblical "kind" can only reproduce with each other, then there are actually over 300 "kinds" of monkeys.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#31269 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Babble
Why did you not answer it, this is a very easy question. How do you know that a watch you find on the ground is made by human hands?
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#31270 Jun 20, 2012
Evolution is theory and fact but religitards are too stupid to understand.
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
If evolution is NOT a fact, then there would be no difference between one generation and the next.
Evolution is not fact. There is $250,000 out there at some churches to anyone that can prove evolution if fact. For over 10 years, the money is there go get it.
Turning on and off genes is not evolution. you've been brain washed.
Think of it this way. What goes up, must come down. It's a very basic observation of gravity. FACT
The theory of gravity is still just a theory
The Universal Theory of Gravity is often taught in schools as a “fact,” when in fact it is not even a good theory.
"First of all, no one has measured gravity for every atom and every star. It is simply a religious belief that it is “universal.” Secondly, school textbooks routinely make false statements. For example,“the moon goes around the earth.” If the theory of gravity were true, it would show that the sun's gravitational force on the moon is much stronger than the earth's gravitational force on the moon, so the moon would go around the sun. Anybody can look up at night and see the obvious gaps in gravity theory.
The existence of tides is often taken as a proof of gravity, but this is logically flawed. Because if the moon's “gravity” were responsible for a bulge underneath it, then how can anyone explain a high tide on the opposite side of the earth at the same time? Anyone can observe that there are 2 -- not 1 -- high tides every day. It is far more likely that tides were given us by an Intelligent Creator long ago and they have been with us ever since. In any case, two high tides falsifies gravity."
Even creationists admit that evolution happens (up to the point of it being observable).
Does not matter it's a theory and not fact.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#31275 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
From Flu viruses.
So, you have Influenza A, it mutates and becomes Influenza B and that's how Influenza B comes about?

... that's evolution.

“I think this might be...”

Since: Jun 12

It may be Dragon Rage!

#31276 Jun 20, 2012
evolution.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#31278 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
You call it fact. I say prove it. Fact can be proven (Fact).
Over 300 Monkey specie by science terms, By the bible terms that's one "Kind".
A biblical "Kind" can reproduce with each other.( in a very simple definition )
So you should be able to grasp it.
Evolution is one kind Mutating to another kind.
Never happened never will.
Only an idiot says never!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#31279 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Palaeontologists: this could be your lucky day. Turkish creationist Adnan Oktar has just offered ten trillion lira - a mouth-watering $7.5 trillion - to "anyone who produces a single intermediate-form fossil demonstrating evolution".
Tiktaalik and archaeopteryx are literally the perfect ones, they even fit your criteria. Where's my money now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min JCPete 1,550,486
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Anthony Weiner 275,242
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min NotSoDivineMsM 8,210
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 14 min bad bob 730
News More Republicans announce opposition to health-... 14 min DR XXXX 67
News Jesus Arrested as Illegal Immigrant in New Poli... 17 min Concerned White ... 20
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 29 min Concerned White ... 335
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 29 min For The Record 211
More from around the web