Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#31211 Jun 20, 2012
LZ ONE wrote:
The next big thing should come from someone here on this forum. New ideas are what we are looking for. Some of the posters seem to just be here for the beer, because they never bring anything to light that we have never thought of before. Be original. The world may be watching this science thread.
There is plenty new in the science fields! Man has scanned the universe, still no sign of god. Man has scanned the Earth, no sign of a bottomless pit. Any idea how a bottomless works on a sphere and yet no one can find it?

Some people on here agree that organisms change, but deny evolution, that is very hard not to dwell on that for a while. They argue that their unseen god is real, even without any proof, yet deny that which is right in front of their noses.

Most of the 'christians' on here can only deny the science and the portions of the bible they don't like. They do not discuss, they just deny. If you hit them with a logic problem, they ignore it. That cannot be said of the Atheists, on here.
Anonymous

Franklin, PA

#31212 Jun 20, 2012
LZ ONE wrote:
The next big thing should come from someone here on this forum. New ideas are what we are looking for. Some of the posters seem to just be here for the beer, because they never bring anything to light that we have never thought of before. Be original. The world may be watching this science thread.
What sort of "next big thing" are you looking for? A religion killer? I don't see it. I've got ideas that I think are significant. Ironically, it's not the Church that wants to keep ideas silent anymore. It's the dynastic authority of the the Education sector combined with the Liberal political party.

I propose that biological algorithms define most behavior and they are genetic in nature. This flies in the face of "rainbow power" dogma where everyone is the same inside. It doesn't make sense. They are obviously different on the outside. Similar adaptations on the inside are reasonable to assume.

For instance, is it not reasonable to assume a psychological adaptation for hot-climate adapted peoples that makes them prone to avoiding behavior that might trigger heat stroke? Perhaps it's common for tribes who have a lot of neighbors to be naturally more social and less prone to being compulsive organizers.

People aren't ever ready to be told that they aren't gods, waiting in the wings. That never ends. Worse, they usually embrace such ideas only to put themselves at a higher status then others.
Thomas Robertson

Beijing, China

#31213 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
There is $250,000 dollars for proof of evolution out there and no one has claim it for over 10 years so either you are all very wealthy or you can't prove it.
I can't speak for other Evolutionists, but I never claimed to be able to prove Evolution.
But when the fossil evidence, the embryological evidence, and the DNA evidence show the same results time and time again, I say that the Tree of Life sketched by scientists is a fairly safe bet.

Of course, there are other hypotheses which we probably can never rule out.
Maybe God planted all this evidence, just to test the faithful.
Maybe Satan planted all this evidence, just to lead us astray.
Maybe all this converging evidence is a one-in-a-trillion coincidence.
Maybe all the scientists from different disciplines got together and made up all this data, just as a hoax.

Still, I say that Evolution is most likely explanation.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#31214 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
I only incorporate facts into my education. Not like you ( junk science )
If you don't believe in evolution, you're uneducated.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#31215 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Flu is flu no matter what strain same kind.
Look you guys claim that all life came from the very first spec of life. That means things ( by your Definition ) had to jump from one kind too an all new kind. There is $250,000 dollars for proof of evolution out there and no one has claim it for over 10 years so either you are all very wealthy or you can't prove it.
Evolution is a joke!
Not even a good one.
Never happened never will!
No 'jumping' involved. If you're going to criticize something, it is advisable to understand it lest you sound ignorant.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#31216 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
creationism is not illegal in school. It's just illegal to force it to be taught.
You really run off at the mouth with out brain in gauged.
Actually you are incorrect. Creationism IS illegal to teach in public schools. The ONLY exception would be if ALL OTHER religions were also taught and given equal time.

This has been an issue in a number of court cases for oh, DECADES now.(shrug)

By the way, I think you mean "engaged".
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#31217 Jun 20, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Please name one technology that creationism came up with.
Daylight robbery.

"Jesus said to me, get me 18 million dollars by the weekend!"

Genius.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#31218 Jun 20, 2012
LZ ONE wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong! No one knows where the center is. Science can not point to a center. The Christian contention is that the central theme and focus of the universe is directed toward earth. There is not a physical center.
Actually the Christian contention is that the Earth is the physical center of the universe.

Of course it's only the silly people who claim the Bible is the "literal Word of God" who have to worry about that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#31219 Jun 20, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this I find so funny, when some fundie says that Quantum Mechanics is all BS and speculation, but fails to exlain something as simple as a moon orbiting the earth.
You probably have seen me ask some fundies that question (why the moon orbits us and not smash into us), and not one (of the 10+ I asked) could provide an answer.
Goddidit with magic not good enough for ya, huh?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#31220 Jun 20, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Suitable systems concept? WTF???
SCP is evolving.

It's all your fault anyway. You told him to explain something to Lango. You were expecting something intelligent?

:-/

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#31221 Jun 20, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Goddidit with magic not good enough for ya, huh?
But magic is awesome! Like when they pull the rabbit out of the hat, love that one.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#31222 Jun 20, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Purely rhetorical. Intelligent Design need not be "Divine", right?
What's the diff?(shrug)

God is an alien.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#31223 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Flu is flu no matter what strain same kind.
Look you guys claim that all life came from the very first spec of life. That means things ( by your Definition ) had to jump from one kind too an all new kind. There is $250,000 dollars for proof of evolution out there and no one has claim it for over 10 years so either you are all very wealthy or you can't prove it.
Evolution is a joke!
Not even a good one.
Never happened never will!
Kent Hovind's reward is as fake as his degree.

Besides, if he ever had that money, he doesn't anymore...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#31224 Jun 20, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
I only incorporate facts into my education. Not like you ( junk science )
Right. Congratulations on going to preschool next year by the way.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#31225 Jun 20, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Kent Hovind's reward is as fake as his degree.
Besides, if he ever had that money, he doesn't anymore...
A talk show host actually proved it and he didn't give him the money. Want to know how easy it is, the proof of evolution is the banana. So simple a talk show host figured it out.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#31226 Jun 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But magic is awesome! Like when they pull the rabbit out of the hat, love that one.
Not as awesome as pulling a hat out of a rabbit.

http://www.dees-fancydress.co.uk/catalog/imag...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#31227 Jun 20, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as awesome as pulling a hat out of a rabbit.
http://www.dees-fancydress.co.uk/catalog/imag...
Yeah? But can you do this?

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/gf...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#31228 Jun 20, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? But can you do this?
http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/gf...
You win for posting cooot kitteh.

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

#31229 Jun 20, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I would expect a balance between centrifugal force and gravity.
Actually, there is no such thing as centrifugal force. Basic high school physics. What there is, is centripetal acceleration, provided in the earth-moon case by gravity.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#31230 Jun 20, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Daylight robbery.
"Jesus said to me, get me 18 million dollars by the weekend!"
Genius.
hahaha, nice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min zzz 1,189,803
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Sunshine 171,613
Net neutrality: FCC approval considered victory... 5 min Your Ex 21
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 9 min barefoot2626 1,232
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Mike the Spike 184,800
2 loose llamas lassoed after running amok near ... 11 min SirPrize 5
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 26 min bmz 1,989
Obama calls out GOP on immigration policy 39 min Shinichiro Takizawa 113
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 49 min freebird 312,323
President Obama: 'I Loved Spock' 1 hr John McCharlie 7
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 1 hr mjjcpa 432
More from around the web