Republicans add "temperament" to ques...

Republicans add "temperament" to questions about Hagel at Pentagon

There are 187 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 13, 2013, titled Republicans add "temperament" to questions about Hagel at Pentagon. In it, Reuters reports that:

Opponents of President Barack Obama's choice of Chuck Hagel to become the next U.S. defense secretary stepped up criticism of the Republican former senator on Sunday, with one lawmaker questioning whether Hagel has the right temperament for the job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#169 Jan 17, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>1. Not sealing our boarders
2. Exerting excessive power not granted by the constitution
3. Attacking 4 countries without congressional approval
4. Exceeding his Authority
5. Not upholding the constitution of the united states or
its laws.
1. Not sealing our boarders does not violate his oath of office. If it did, the past dozen presidents who also have not sealed our boarders would also be guilty by your reasoning.
2. The President does not necessarily need congressional approval to commit troops. Also what four countries did he "attack?" This might explain it a bit better: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_the_president_s...
3. He has not exceeded his authority. This is "your opinion." If it was true the Republicans would respond with censure or impeachment proceedings.
4. Again, this is YOUR opinion, see my answer to number 3.

I hope this clears it up for you. Your logic on this is kind of fuzzy and hardly "fair and balanced." (ha ha ha)

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#170 Jan 17, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You make funny little charges that your assumptions will not stretch to pookie. I think if you look at the mess the middle east is in, Benghazi's failure and our open borders that terrorist are crossing, side you and Obama with Al Qaeda. Remember Obama just said two months ago that the organization was dead. His stupidity has given them a foothold again in Afghanistan, Iraq and Yemen.
So there was no "mess in the middle east" from 2000-2008 or even further back than that huh? It's all Obama's fault somehow... riiigght...

"Benghazi's failure..." So, we have never had an embassy attacked and people murdered before right? This kind of thing happens all the time, not just to us, but to other countries as well. Every time we are attacked and some people die, it's a "failure?" Wow, then 9/11 must have been a MASSIVE Republican failure by your logic.

I've never heard President Obama say that Al Qaeda was dead. I've heard him say that they were on the path to defeat and that Osama Bin Laden was dead. The first part is partially true and the second is totally true. President Obama has done more to crack down on Al Qaeda, including killing their leader, than the past administration ever accomplished.

Nothing President Obama did gave Al Qaeda a foothold in Afghanistan. I can only assume you are talking about the draw down in troops? How long should we stay there, 50 years, a 100? The moment we leave, they will slip back in, that much is sadly inevitable in that region. Also, the past administration's blunder in Iraq led to Al Qaeda getting a foothold there. Sadam was a bad guy, no doubt, but he was a secularist, and kept Al Qaeda out. Now that we have destabilized that region with a COMPLETELY unnecessary war, they have free reign to roll in and set up shop. Good job former President Bush!
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#171 Jan 17, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT is "governmental overreach?" ALL this does is ENABLE doctors to report dangerous, potentially violent people to authorities. Why don't you want that to happen??
Like I said, naive. You must not be any older than 20, cause you live on hindsight, not foresight.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#172 Jan 17, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Well then, if that's the case, no frightwingnut teabag troglodyte would ever be able to own a pistol or a rifle. I'm sure Hagel will approve.
OMG your stupidity is showing again........

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#173 Jan 17, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You make funny little charges that your assumptions will not stretch to pookie. I think if you look at the mess the middle east is in, Benghazi's failure and our open borders that terrorist are crossing, side you and Obama with Al Qaeda. Remember Obama just said two months ago that the organization was dead. His stupidity has given them a foothold again in Afghanistan, Iraq and Yemen.
DUMBOSPAM

Hypoluxo Fl

#174 Jan 17, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Flash, Obama's boy toy is puffing again.
DUMBOSPAM

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#175 Jan 17, 2013
TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Not sealing our boarders does not violate his oath of office. If it did, the past dozen presidents who also have not sealed our boarders would also be guilty by your reasoning.
2. The President does not necessarily need congressional approval to commit troops. Also what four countries did he "attack?" This might explain it a bit better: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_the_president_s...
3. He has not exceeded his authority. This is "your opinion." If it was true the Republicans would respond with censure or impeachment proceedings.
4. Again, this is YOUR opinion, see my answer to number 3.
I hope this clears it up for you. Your logic on this is kind of fuzzy and hardly "fair and balanced." (ha ha ha)
Your little trip down diversion lane won't work cupcake. I ask you to read the oath, apparatly that was too hard for you. It states in the Oath to uphold the constitution and the laws of this country. as commander in chief it is his prime duty to protect and secure our borders. What other presidents have or haven't done is another discussion.

Yemen, Syria, Egypt and Somilia.

Executive priviledge does not allow him to change the constitution.

I pity you Low Information Obama Voters. someday reality will bite you in the bottom and you will have no where to go but down.

I watched interview after interview of people from 18 to 30 before the election. I couldn't believe there were that many people who had not inclination to keep up with what the facts were and what the real information was that would affect their lives for many years..........la la land was in full swing and you people could have cared less, as long as you got your freebies.
conservative crapola

Zionhill, PA

#176 Jan 17, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
teapussy-cry-a-thon: Day 72. Just not your 8 years, leinsignificant.

hahahahahahahahahaha
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#177 Jan 17, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
teapussy-cry-a-thon: Day 72. Just not your 8 years, leinsignificant.
hahahahahahahahahaha
a troll by any other name is still a troll.........TROLL.

Hypoluxo Fl

#178 Jan 17, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Your little trip down diversion lane won't work cupcake. I ask you to read the oath, apparatly that was too hard for you. It states in the Oath to uphold the constitution and the laws of this country. as commander in chief it is his prime duty to protect and secure our borders. What other presidents have or haven't done is another discussion.
I pity you Low Information Obama Voters. someday reality will bite you in the bottom and you will have no where to go but down.
I watched interview after interview of people from 18 to 30 before the election. I couldn't believe there were that many people who had not inclination to keep up with what the facts were and what the real information was that would affect their lives for many years..........la la land was in full swing and you people could have cared less, as long as you got your freebies.
DUMBOSPAM

Hypoluxo Fl

#179 Jan 17, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent self evaluation.

au contraire

Location hidden

#180 Jan 17, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent self evaluation.
Yes you are a pesky little humanoid bot. Troll on.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#181 Jan 17, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Why'd you sign your post as TROLL? It should say East Berlin dumbass.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Hypoluxo Fl

#182 Jan 17, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you are a pesky little humanoid bot. Troll on.
DUMBOSPAM
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#183 Jan 17, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Why'd you sign your post as TROLL? It should say East Berlin dumbass.
hahahahahahahahahaha
Like I said..........
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#184 Jan 17, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent self evaluation.
You get the coveted troll award too, mykro mind....

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#185 Jan 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>What?????? I thought you said it was a lie. hahahahahahahah chit for brains for sure.
You thought I said WHAT was a lie, idiot? Here's a hint: don't try to think. You'll hurt yourself.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#186 Jan 18, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Your little trip down diversion lane won't work cupcake. I ask you to read the oath, apparatly that was too hard for you. It states in the Oath to uphold the constitution and the laws of this country. as commander in chief it is his prime duty to protect and secure our borders. What other presidents have or haven't done is another discussion.
..EDIT...
I'm asking you to show us where he "changed the Constitution." Nothing but solid, supported facts will be accepted, au Jimbo.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#187 Jan 18, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, naive. You must not be any older than 20, cause you live on hindsight, not foresight.
I based my comment on the actual text of the document, You evidently base yours on hearsay and echos from the Republican Echo Chamber.

When you can prove me wrong, please do so. And no, I'm in my 50s, hon...:)

au contraire

Location hidden

#188 Jan 18, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought I said WHAT was a lie, idiot? Here's a hint: don't try to think. You'll hurt yourself.
You claimed my post was a lie that stated that Obama's new executive order made doctors report on their patients. Hahahahahaha caught you again Harvy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Specter of Lyndon Johnson haunts Trump 2 min The Real Donald T... 29
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Putins Puppet 1,479,318
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 2 min Tweet-and-Rump 169
News COMMENTARY: Obamas leave an image that will nev... 3 min Lawrence Wolf 11
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 3 min Tm Cln 17,711
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 256,272
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min -BoB- 408,938
News Hillary Clinton won US popular vote by nearly 2... 29 min TRUMP LIES HE LIES 1,066
More from around the web