Video: Schieffer: A "do-nothing" Cong...

Video: Schieffer: A "do-nothing" Congress, disconnected from the rest of us

There are 81 comments on the CBS News story from Jun 23, 2013, titled Video: Schieffer: A "do-nothing" Congress, disconnected from the rest of us. In it, CBS News reports that:

Bob Schieffer says House members can't get anything done, even when they want to - but it wasn't always that way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#70 Jun 25, 2013
Gary wrote:
But that's just the point.
Republicans don't get themselves elected to Congress
in order to get things done. They get themselves elected to keep the Democrats from doing anything.
Non-functional, unresponsive government is just
what conservatives want. In fact, if they could
"drown it in a bathtub" they'd be happy as clams.
Question: How can we have a nation of 310 million
citizens without a functional government?
Ask a Republican.
WH Climate Adviser:'A War on Coal Is Exactly WhatÂ’s Needed'...

Obama unveils plan that skirts Congress...

Liberal supporters get speech before public...

Paris

#71 Jun 25, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>That's the problem
with old, crotchety, racist
white men like you, Le Dumbo.
As you age, you long for the
good ole days when you were
better looking, in better shape
and in control of the country.
Women were your bitches.
Blacks had to eat, drink and
ride in different locations
than whites.
Now, old white men are the minority.
You're powerless.
Ain't KARMA grand??????????
lol
That's a good discription of two of the main offenders alright.....Al Gore, and KKK Byrd.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#72 Jun 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good discription of two of the main offenders alright.....Al Gore, and KKK Byrd.
Ummmm...did you read my post and if so, this was the best you could come up with as a response?

Lame, even for you Le Dumbo.

Paris

#73 Jun 25, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmm...did you read my post and if so, this was the best you could come up with as a response?
Lame, even for you Le Dumbo.
You had an attack, not a post pookie. I returned your attack with facts.......I guess that was too much shock for you to handle so you attack again. It shows just how little you loons have in your weak attempt to alibi the lefts failures.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#74 Jun 25, 2013
Life As We Know It wrote:
<quoted text>What do you care. You live in Canada, so keep your Canuck azz out of America bussiness.
You live in Stupid Rightwingnutland, apparently, which is why you're trying to shout down anyone who disagrees with you simply because he's Canadian.

As if American and Canadian business didn't have strongly interrelated interests, sales, and even facilities, too. How dumb ARE you?:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#75 Jun 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You had an attack, not a post pookie. I returned your attack with facts.......I guess that was too much shock for you to handle so you attack again. It shows just how little you loons have in your weak attempt to alibi the lefts failures.
You're a liar and a hypocrite. You've NEVER "returned a post with facts," and you attack people on a personal basis all the time...including with perverse sexual comments.

Is your picture next to the word "hypocrite" in the dictionary?

LOL...fool.
Your Ex

United States

#77 Jun 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You had an attack, not a post pookie. I returned your attack with facts.......I guess that was too much shock for you to handle so you attack again. It shows just how little you loons have in your weak attempt to alibi the lefts failures.
Lolz!
The only thing you EVER post with is the official canned meat of Hawaii...
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#78 Jun 25, 2013
<quoted text>What do you care. You live in Canada, so keep your Canuck azz out of America bussiness.
Piss off. I care because allot of your foreign, and economical policies, directly affect Canada, and the rest of the world. That's what happens when you are a super power.

Why do you think a large majority in the world think the GOP is a gigantic joke. The only problem is, it's not that funny the way they are threatening the global economy, by weakening the American people.

You might want to start by educating your future leaders. You can start 1st, by listening to the scientists, real historians, and not religious leaders as to what's really going on in the world.

Paris

#79 Jun 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar and a hypocrite. You've NEVER "returned a post with facts," and you attack people on a personal basis all the time...including with perverse sexual comments.
Is your picture next to the word "hypocrite" in the dictionary?
LOL...fool.
Bot babble noted. Childish playground suggested.

Paris

#80 Jun 25, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolz!
The only thing you EVER post with is the official canned meat of Hawaii...
Oh my, another attack. Didn't Obama send you some of his billions of bullets to fight for him. Come back when you grow up.

Paris

#81 Jun 25, 2013
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Piss off. I care because allot of your foreign, and economical policies, directly affect Canada, and the rest of the world. That's what happens when you are a super power.
Why do you think a large majority in the world think the GOP is a gigantic joke. The only problem is, it's not that funny the way they are threatening the global economy, by weakening the American people.
You might want to start by educating your future leaders. You can start 1st, by listening to the scientists, real historians, and not religious leaders as to what's really going on in the world.
Since Obama is President and has been for four plus years, don't you think what ever effect our policies are having on Candada should be directed at Obama?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#84 Jun 25, 2013
<quoted text>Not at all. His opinon doesn't amount to nothingbecause this is an American issue. Understand. I didn't. insult him. Glad to see that you have cleaned up you act though. Thank you.
LOL...as if anyone cares what you think of his, or anyone's, opinion. You're nothing but a troll.

Go away.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#85 Jun 25, 2013
<quoted text>I could careless how are policies affect you. This si an American issue, so butt out Canuky. We don't need you. Clean up your own back yard with all the Muslim you let in.
Still suffering from the delusion that someone cares about your opinions, huh?

LOL...guess again, troll.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#86 Jun 25, 2013
au PervboLina wrote:
Bot babble posted. Children's playground stalked. Raincoat but no pants worn.
Ewww

Paris

#87 Jun 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...as if anyone cares what you think of his, or anyone's, opinion. You're nothing but a troll.
Go away.
spam

Paris

#88 Jun 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away.
spam attack

Paris

#89 Jun 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Still suffering from the delusion that someone cares about your opinions, huh?
LOL...guess again, troll.
spam attack

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#90 Jun 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>spam attack
Three content-free posts to add to your meaningless total, Spam Queen. Didn't harvey say that Murdoch was going to send you a pony?

His wife's divorcing him now (impotence, probably), so he may be short of cash for awhile...LOL

Paris

#91 Jun 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>Three content-free posts to add to your meaningless total, Spam Queen. Didn't harvey say that Murdoch was going to send you a pony?

His wife's divorcing him now (impotence, probably), so he may be short of cash for awhile...LOL
Harvey is just another of your troll names....... That got bounced.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#92 Jun 26, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Since Obama is President and has been for four plus years, don't you think what ever effect our policies are having on Candada should be directed at Obama?
Some, yes, but certainly not all. You alsop have state legislators that are ruining your education system, by trying to bring religion into science. This does not help students with critical thinking skills, that are needed to develope creative minds that can lead your country into better times.

The GOP continues to argue for lower taxes, when it is verified just through income disparity, that trickle down only works for corporations and the rich.

The GOP hates facts. The hate scientific fact, evolution. They disagree with over 90% of scientists on climate change. They are acting like the catholic church of 600 years ago, stifling scientific progress.

You have for profit priosons, who will lobby against decriminalizing pot, just to make a profit off of people, who may have become productive citizens. We have 2 and a half presidents who have done drugs and have succeeded in life. G.W. Bush, Obama, and Clinton is the half, he did not inhale, lol.

I could go on. There are pleaty of problems in the USA, that is not dirrectly affected by Obama, although he certainly does get some blaim, but it is largely GOP Policy that has been in place for years, that is the downfall of America.

This forum, after all is about a do nothing congress, and right now, it is the republicans holding progress back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 1 min Barros 192
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 1 min slick willie expl... 4,365
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,479,541
News Can Democrats learn to fight fire with fire? 5 min Le Jimbo 38
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Just call me ABE 2 256,342
News Specter of Lyndon Johnson haunts Trump 9 min The Real Donald T... 40
News Woman sues Trump in New York for defamation ove... 12 min The Real Donald T... 10
News Hillary Clinton won US popular vote by nearly 2... 40 min Just Think 1,092
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 42 min protestthis 17,754
More from around the web