Who Should Own '.Patagonia?'

Who Should Own '.Patagonia?'

There are 480 comments on the The Atlantic story from Apr 23, 2013, titled Who Should Own '.Patagonia?'. In it, The Atlantic reports that:

Argentina's "territory" is under threat -- both physically and virtually -- according to its president, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlantic.

Ricardo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#174 Jul 25, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed.
How can you lie so shamelessly?
Terry Hill

Brazil

#175 Jul 25, 2013
Ricardo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you lie so shamelessly?
If what you state is true then you would have posted it. Therefore, since you haven't then all your statement does is prove that you are in fact the liar, the same guy that did the 'Wellington" forgery.
Luis Vernet

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#176 Jul 25, 2013
spocko wrote:
And the whole time I thought Patagonia was a fashion line :-)
¡Muy bueno, viejo!
Lo tuyo tráe un golpe de aire fresco a este tema tan malicioso traído de los pélos por estos Pirátas(Británicos)invasóres, usurpadóres y dueños de lo ajeno.
Muchas gracias.
Atte.,
Luís Vernet.
Deanstreet

Stanley, Falkland Islands (Malvinas)

#177 Jul 25, 2013
Ricardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh....did hey say that seizing by force a portion of other nation´s territory automatically grants sovereignity for he perpetrator?
The war of the desert dicky..

Seized by force..

Perfectly acceptable for you, but not for anyone else..

Kindest regards from the Falkland Islands
Luis Vernet

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#178 Jul 25, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
That is simply unsupported legal fiction, as the Islands are already legally the UK's.
¿Que títulos de propiedad puede exhibir Piratalandia(Gran Bretaña)más que sus pretendídos derechos de soberanía, los cuales ya habían sido nó reconosidos por España durante el Virreynato del Río de la Plata?
Ningúno, ningún tribunal internacional sobre la fáz de la Tierra ha refrendado la invasión, usurpación y anexión por la fuerza que cometieron hace ya más de 180 años.
Atte.,
Luís Vernet.
Luis Vernet

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#179 Jul 25, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
If conquest is considered alone it is a sufficiency according to international law as laid down thus:
"in the Island of Palmas case, decided in 1928, an international tribunal of the
Permanent Court of Arbitration at the Hague explicitly recognized the validity of conquest
as a mode of acquiring territory when it declared in its decision that:
Titles of acquisition of territorial sovereignty in present-day international law are either
based on an act of effective apprehension, such as occupation or conquest, or, like cession,
presuppose that the ceding and the cessionary Power or at least one of them, have the faculty
of effectively disposing of the ceded territory.10 That the tribunal's decision in this
arbitration should have admitted conquest as a valid mode by which a state could establish
a legal title to territory is not surprising. For conquest was clearly recognized by states
as a valid mode of acquisition of territory,..."
10 Island of Palmas case (Netherlands v. USA)(1928), RIAA 2 (1949),ß
THE RIGHT OF CONQUEST
The Acquisition of Territory by Force in International Law and Practice
SHARON KORMAN
There is nowhere recognized in international law, where a claim based on conquest requires the complete subjugation of another nation, otherwise name the case. As in the Palmas case seizing a part of the territory is was enough to close the issue, and the opposing nation did not disappear. Unfortunately, for you I can prove my argument, whereas truth is not your strong point.
Esplicáselo a esta gente porque parece que no se enteraron.¡Asesíno!
http://www.un.org/spanish/News/story.asp...
Atte.,
Luís Vernet.
Ricardo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#180 Jul 25, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you state is true then you would have posted it. Therefore, since you haven't then all your statement does is prove that you are in fact the liar, the same guy that did the 'Wellington" forgery.
I did not forge anything. Explain and prove.
You, however have mixed real statements with other guys interpretations indiscriminatedly and intentionatedly.
Ricardo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#181 Jul 25, 2013
Deanstreet wrote:
<quoted text>
The war of the desert dicky..
Seized by force..
Perfectly acceptable for you, but not for anyone else..
Oh, no, my dear
A lot of people "else" accepts that. Billions.
You prefer to ignore their existance, but that is your problem
Luis Vernet

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#182 Jul 25, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Says me, based on the opinions of the following experts of international law, who do matter:
GROTIUS
Vattel
HENRY WHEATON, LL.D
H. W. HALLECK
JAMES MADISON CUTT
John Westlake
T. J. LAWRENCE, M.A., LL.D.
GEORGE GRAFTON WILSON, Ph.D., LL.D
L. OPPENHEIM, M.A., LL.D
John McHugo
Adam Boleslaw
Robert Yewdall Jennings
SHARON KORMAN
Hans Kelsen
Rosalyn Higgins
James Francis Gravelle
Daniel K, Gibran
Leyes que no fueron convalidádaz por naciones indefenzas como la nuestra. Leyes que fueron creádas pura y exclusivamente para dar un marco supuestamente legal a la invasión, usurpación y anexión de partes integrales de naciones indefenzas como la nuestra.
Será legal lo que hicieron para vós, falzo leguleyo, pero nó para nosotros ni para toda persona de bién, como la que te sito a continuació,¡Asesíno!
http://www.un.org/spanish/News/story.asp...
Atte.,
Luís Vernet.
Deanstreet

#183 Jul 25, 2013
Ricardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no, my dear
Patagonia dicky..

Seized by force, and you actually celebrate this with your 100-peso note, Julio Roca’s officers celebrating their victory on the Río Negro following their campaign of extermination..

It's there for all and sundry to see..

You don't even attempt to hide this..

You are actually reall proud of this conquest by force..

Stealing territory that didn't belong to you..

Those ambitions haven't altered to this day..

Deanstreet

#184 Jul 25, 2013
Ricardo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, however have mixed real statements with other guys interpretations indiscriminatedly and intentionatedly.
Squirming eh dicky..?
Terry Hill

Brazil

#185 Jul 25, 2013
Ricardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no, my dear
Your the one asserting therefore you bear the burden of proof, not me. Thus prove your assertion, I wait with bated breath,
dean es PUTO

Rosario, Argentina

#187 Jul 25, 2013
Deanstreet wrote:
<quoted text>
Squirming eh dicky..?
PELOTUDO,troll,white trash,ANda a KAGAR,troll,ROYAL PELOTUDO,military scum,PELOTUDO,HIJO de mil PUT...
Deanstreet

#188 Jul 25, 2013
If dicky isn't squirming - someone else is..

LOL..
Terry Hill

Brazil

#189 Jul 25, 2013
dean es PUTO wrote:
<quoted text>PELOTUDO,troll,white trash,ANda a KAGAR,troll,ROYAL PELOTUDO,military scum,PELOTUDO,HIJO de mil PUT...
What are your posts the products of an aspiring novelist, maricón.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE ITALIAN WHEN...
You find it necessary to carry a pager despite the fact that you are a part-time clerk at Longo's Fruit Market.
Terry Hill

Brazil

#190 Jul 25, 2013
Ricardo wrote:
<quoted text>
For more on your deceit read through posts #703 to #720 in the 'The Argentine problem'thread
terry es PUTO

Rosario, Argentina

#191 Jul 26, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your posts the products of an aspiring novelist, maricón.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE ITALIAN WHEN...
You find it necessary to carry a pager despite the fact that you are a part-time clerk at Longo's Fruit Market.
PELOTUDO;ANDA A KAGAR,Hijo de mil PUT.....
Terry Hill

Brazil

#192 Jul 26, 2013
terry es PUTO wrote:
<quoted text>PELOTUDO;ANDA A KAGAR,Hijo de mil PUT.....
I don't know what makes you so dumb but it really works.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE ITALIAN WHEN..., maricón.
You have at least one short, balding uncle who, in his 50's wears a ponytail and diamond pinky ring
terry es PUTO

Argentina

#193 Jul 26, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what makes you so dumb but it really works.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE ITALIAN WHEN..., maricón.
You have at least one short, balding uncle who, in his 50's wears a ponytail and diamond pinky ring
ROYAL PELOTUDO,anda a KAGAR,HIJO de mil PUT..
Ricardo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#194 Jul 26, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the one asserting therefore you bear the burden of proof, not me. Thus prove your assertion, I wait with bated breath,
The proof is that every Country but the british community only acknowledge the uk DE FACTO administration
And the only option to de facto is de jure
Then, they do not recognize the legality of the uk administation
Moreover, for example, China has stated that the Malvinas should be returned to Argentina, only there you have many billions. And they are not the only Country saying that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min mdbuilder 1,642,665
News Donald Trump pauses for a water break 4 min Ronald 134
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Deport Liberals 42,226
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min Tre H 14,164
News Trump won't campaign for Alabama's Roy Moore am... 9 min Erl 34
Men are the Problem 10 min Female leadership 17
News Sen. Al Franken accused of inappropriate behavi... 11 min Minnesota Mike 52
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 28 min Cat 1,379
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 36 min Chilli J 60
More from around the web