Putin no longer backs Syria's Assad -...

Putin no longer backs Syria's Assad - Cameron

There are 29 comments on the Reuters story from Jun 19, 2012, titled Putin no longer backs Syria's Assad - Cameron. In it, Reuters reports that:

Russian President Vladimir Putin made it clear during the G20 summit in Mexico that he does not want President Bashar al-Assad to remain in power in Syria, British Prime Minister David Cameron said on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dan Salazar

Long Beach, CA

#1 Jun 19, 2012
Oh Yeah.....And, I got a Russian Bridge I will sell you for a quarter and bag of gum drops. Suckers!
Pull My Finger

West Sayville, NY

#2 Jun 19, 2012
Vladimir Putin on the ritz.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#3 Jun 19, 2012
well.
if that's truly the case, then the Syria situation will become moot very soon.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4 Jun 19, 2012
He's just Putin his marbles somewhere else...

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#5 Jun 19, 2012
There was a ship with Russian attack helicopters headed to Syria, and then right after President Obama had a meeting with Putin that ship turned around… that is what the power of the American President who single-handedly killed Osama bin Laden looks like. History will show that this President navigated with precision through some very difficult foreign issues and came away with nothing but success.

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#7 Jun 19, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
There was a ship with Russian attack helicopters headed to Syria, and then right after President Obama had a meeting with Putin that ship turned around… that is what the power of the American President who single-handedly killed Osama bin Laden looks like. History will show that this President navigated with precision through some very difficult foreign issues and came away with nothing but success.
Up the meds, you're hallucinating again.

Frankston, TX

#8 Jun 19, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
You need to call your messiah BEFORE you spout off with your asinine propaganda.

Jun 19, 2012 9:00pmObama Says US Is Not Aligned With Russia or China on Syria
Email
Smaller Font
Text
Larger Text
|
Print
LOS CABOS, Mexico — President Obama said today that China are Russia are not aligned with the United States and its allies when it comes to resolving the escalating crisis in Syria, but that both countries “recognize the grave dangers of all-out civil war.”

“I do not think they condone the massacres that we’ve witnessed. I think they believe that everybody would be better served if Syria had a mechanism for ceasing the violence and creating a legitimate government,” the president told reporters at the close of the G20 summit.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#9 Jun 19, 2012
Putin no longer backs Syria's /Another masterful piece of foriegn policy by a real US President! Bush would have tortured Putin to no avail. LMFAO! BUSH ARRESTED FOR WARCRIMES?(it's only a matter ...- YouTube
Apr 5, 2012 ... Bush admistration knew it was a war crime for torture and its only a ... that Bush
and Cheney can travel too, just like Pinochet of Chile and ...

- 158k -

Frankston, TX

#10 Jun 19, 2012
LMAO

NBC and Rueters both changing the news facts on the same day. Go figure!!
rider

Gwinn, MI

#11 Jun 19, 2012
Instead of Catholic services on Good Friday, I spent time with Nick Bryant. Writing The Franklin Scandal, Bryant endured police searches, harassment, a death threat, and a media blackout. But last week, the sunshine was pure and life-giving as we met up in Washington Square Park. With cool breezes, people´s laughter, and live bluegrass in the air, it became easier to talk about darkest evil. I asked Nick if he saw similarities between the Vatican´s current cover-up and what happened with Franklin.
"It´s exactly the same," he said. "Their M.O. is deny, deny, deny. If any victims come forward, slam them. That formula has been used forever."
What about Father Gabriele Amorth, the chief exorcist at the Vatican? Amorth made headlines in the UK press with his revelation that the Devil was running amok inside the Vatican. The problem is serious -- there are "cardinals who do not believe in Jesus, and bishops who are linked to the Demon."
Nick was unfazed: "I would agree with him, but I don´t want to come off as anti-Catholic. Some of the most spiritually developed people I know are Catholic. I´ve had to enlarge my spiritual life to do this story, because it´s drenched in so much evil." Nick is a practicing Quaker.
Nick managed to acquire the sealed documentation of one of the grand juries that covered up the "Franklin" child-trafficking network. The documents included nearly two hundred flight logs, with the majority of the flights destined for Washington, DC. There, Craig Spence´s house was wired for audio-visual blackmail. Top politicians would be compromised, and then controlled. Nick describes Craig Spence as a "self-confessed CIA asset" and has other sources to back up Spence´s claims. Welcome to the underbelly of US power, another dance with the devil.
The Devil In The Vatican
The more I learn about Pope Benedict, the more I realize that the Church needs a
... between the Vatican´s current cover-up and what happened with Franklin.
http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php ...- 24k -

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#12 Jun 19, 2012
rider wrote:
Putin no longer backs Syria's /Another masterful piece of foriegn policy by a real US President! Bush would have tortured Putin to no avail. LMFAO! BUSH ARRESTED FOR WARCRIMES?(it's only a matter ...- YouTube
Apr 5, 2012 ... Bush admistration knew it was a war crime for torture and its only a ... that Bush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =64s0b45XSIAXX - 158k -
It is so great to have real leadership in the White house after the pervious disaster that spent 8 years throwing up all over himself. President Obama has been masterful in his handling of Putin, Syria and the challenges of Middle East… check out the story on the ship head for Syria with attack helicopters that turned around after President Obama had a meeting with Putin.

Frankston, TX

#13 Jun 19, 2012
rider wrote:
Bush recently went to Africa where during his administration he got AIDS under control. No fear of traveling, dumbarse. Amnesty Intl. asked Zimbabwe to arrest Bush and Zimbabwe told them to fk off. LMAO you and the phoney Marine are so stupid.

Frankston, TX

#14 Jun 19, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so great to have real leadership in the White house after the pervious disaster that spent 8 years throwing up all over himself. President Obama has been masterful in his handling of Putin, Syria and the challenges of Middle East… check out the story on the ship head for Syria with attack helicopters that turned around after President Obama had a meeting with Putin.
The story said the British were involved and the helicopters were refurbished. It said nothing that "a meeting between Putin and Obama" caused the ships turn around. Try again, propaganda king.

Frankston, TX

#15 Jun 19, 2012
rider wrote:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/260196/2011...

Try to get out more, pinhead.

Frankston, TX

#16 Jun 19, 2012
rider wrote:
Right after they arrest Barney Frank for holding up the blanket while his cronies looted Fannie Mae.* Hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars lost to "somewhere" .... now that is a real crime, not a conspiracy scam.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#17 Jun 19, 2012
LOONY BS...GET THE FACTS LOONS FROM THE HORSES ASS HIMSELF MORANS!!

Obama: Russia, China not ‘signed on’ to removing Syria’s Assad
By Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 1 hr 6 mins ago

President Barack Obama speaks to reporters as the G20 summit ends (Eduardo Verdugo/AP)

President Barack Obama admitted late Tuesday that, despite his fervent in-person appeals, leaders of Russia and China had not "signed on" to his diplomatic campaign for the ouster of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as part of a plan to end the country's bloody violence.

Obama described his meetings Monday with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Tuesday with Chinese President Hu Jintao as "very candid" and "intensive" on the issue of Syria and the question of Assad's removal.

"If you're asking me whether they signed on to that proposition, I don't think it would be fair to say that they are there yet," Obama said at a press conference in Mexico, where he was attending a summit of the Group of 20 nations.

"But I'm going to keep on making the argument. And my expectation is, is that at some point there's a recognition that it's hard to envision a better future for Syria while Assad is still there," the president told reporters.

Moscow and Beijing, veto-wielding permanent members of the U.N. Security Council, have blocked international initiatives aimed at using sanctions to end Assad's 15-month crackdown on Syria's opposition. Outside observers have put the death toll at 10,000, or as high as 15,000. And Assad has refused to implement a plan crafted by former U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan to end the violence.

Obama suggested that the United States and its partners may be on the cusp of unveiling a new plan that sketches out how Assad might leave power."My hope is that we can have those conversations in the coming week or two and that we can present to the world -- but most importantly to the Syrian people -- a pathway whereby this conflict can be resolved," the president said.

But he acknowledge the difficulties in winning over Russia and China.

"There's no doubt that Russia, which historically has had a relationship with Syria, as well as China, which is generally wary of commenting on what it considers the internal affairs of other countries, are and have been more resistant to applying the kind of pressure that's necessary to achieve that political transition," he said.

"I do think they recognize the dangers of all-out civil war. I do not think they condone the massacres that we've witnessed and I think they believe that everybody would be better served if Syria had a mechanism for ceasing the violence and creating a legitimate government," Obama said. "I think what is fair to say is they recognize that the current situation is grave. It does not serve their interests."

And Obama made clear that he wouldn't budge on his calls for Assad to go.

"Assad has lost legitimacy. And when you massacre your own citizens in the ways that we've seen, it's impossible to conceive of an orderly political transition that leaves Assad in power," he said. "I don't see a scenario in which Assad stays and violence is reduced

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#18 Jun 19, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
LMAO
Yahaha! They're all against you! Easy to figure.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#19 Jun 19, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Attention moron cow patty!!! Indeed you are seeing black helicopters whirling around inside that pinhead of yours...again. Through close observation I have concluded this forum acts as an enabler for you. This latest outburst of yours is the last straw and enough is enough so I say for the sake of what's left of your mental health the lord marshal b. h. obama must go and never come back to torment the mush between your ears. Trust me you'll thank me one day for saving you from total senseless humiliation and total senseless self-destruction all over a worthless bag of self-serving marxist manure: b. h. obama…Courage mcp, Courage.
Reality bites

AOL

#20 Jun 19, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
LOONY BS...GET THE FACTS LOONS FROM THE HORSES ASS HIMSELF MORANS!!
Obama: Russia, China not ‘signed on’ to removing Syria’s Assad
By Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 1 hr 6 mins ago
President Barack Obama speaks to reporters as the G20 summit ends (Eduardo Verdugo/AP)
President Barack Obama admitted late Tuesday that, despite his fervent in-person appeals, leaders of Russia and China had not "signed on" to his diplomatic campaign for the ouster of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as part of a plan to end the country's bloody violence.
Obama described his meetings Monday with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Tuesday with Chinese President Hu Jintao as "very candid" and "intensive" on the issue of Syria and the question of Assad's removal.
"If you're asking me whether they signed on to that proposition, I don't think it would be fair to say that they are there yet," Obama said at a press conference in Mexico, where he was attending a summit of the Group of 20 nations.
"But I'm going to keep on making the argument. And my expectation is, is that at some point there's a recognition that it's hard to envision a better future for Syria while Assad is still there," the president told reporters.
Moscow and Beijing, veto-wielding permanent members of the U.N. Security Council, have blocked international initiatives aimed at using sanctions to end Assad's 15-month crackdown on Syria's opposition. Outside observers have put the death toll at 10,000, or as high as 15,000. And Assad has refused to implement a plan crafted by former U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan to end the violence.
Obama suggested that the United States and its partners may be on the cusp of unveiling a new plan that sketches out how Assad might leave power."My hope is that we can have those conversations in the coming week or two and that we can present to the world -- but most importantly to the Syrian people -- a pathway whereby this conflict can be resolved," the president said.
But he acknowledge the difficulties in winning over Russia and China.
"There's no doubt that Russia, which historically has had a relationship with Syria, as well as China, which is generally wary of commenting on what it considers the internal affairs of other countries, are and have been more resistant to applying the kind of pressure that's necessary to achieve that political transition," he said.
"I do think they recognize the dangers of all-out civil war. I do not think they condone the massacres that we've witnessed and I think they believe that everybody would be better served if Syria had a mechanism for ceasing the violence and creating a legitimate government," Obama said. "I think what is fair to say is they recognize that the current situation is grave. It does not serve their interests."
And Obama made clear that he wouldn't budge on his calls for Assad to go.
"Assad has lost legitimacy. And when you massacre your own citizens in the ways that we've seen, it's impossible to conceive of an orderly political transition that leaves Assad in power," he said. "I don't see a scenario in which Assad stays and violence is reduced
Now Now ......rider and the other kool aid drinkers don't want to know the FACTS....They are card carrying members of the MSNBC All Hail The Obama Cult.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#23 Jun 20, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
LMAO
nbc had to do something to fill the slot "fat and furious" WOULD have taken, had they actually aired ANYTHING about it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min TRUMP WINNERS 253,010
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Ray Ovehope 1,458,027
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min TRUMP WINNERS 22,396
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Taletha Roxx 403,611
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min tina anne 62,304
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 9 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 14,552
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 10 min Fcvk tRump 151
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 11 min Imprtnrd 1,998
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 24 min Responsibility 2,907
More from around the web