Floating eatery in works

Floating eatery in works

There are 32 comments on the Independent story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Floating eatery in works. In it, Independent reports that:

A floating eatery could be on tap for the Ashland Riverfront. City officials confirmed this week that the city is in discussion with owners and developers to locate the Star of Louisville at the Port of Ashland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Independent.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ann

Richmond, KY

#1 Feb 20, 2013
That would be great but if you read the article, the city will scare them off with all of their taxes and fees. They are bragging about the thousands of dollars in docking fees that they are going to charge them. This is why we can't have anything good in this city.
yep

Ashland, KY

#3 Feb 20, 2013
Nothing like having a nice dinner floating on the polluted Ohio River.

Can't swim or eat the catch from the river, why would anyone want to sit there an dine?

Throw some more money down the drain Ashland.
huck finn

Vinton, VA

#4 Feb 20, 2013
Just a prelude to gambling boat be g90ood to c that thing used for something. maybe with new leaders we will c some action down town.

Kellie Stakes

“Catch A Bright Star”

Since: Dec 12

And Place It On Your Forehead

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Yes I want to eat going down a stinky ass river. LMFAO.
yep wrote:
Can't swim or eat the catch from the river, why would anyone want to sit there an dine?
yep

Ashland, KY

#6 Feb 20, 2013
yep wrote:

I agree. The river front is a joke and I hope Louisville won't tarnish it's name here. Hey Ashland officials......build a skate park, do sonetwork on the problems!!!
yep

Ashland, KY

#7 Feb 20, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. The river front is a joke and I hope Louisville won't tarnish it's name here. Hey Ashland officials......build a skate park, do sonetwork on the problems!!!
* some work
dirty flags

Russell, KY

#8 Feb 20, 2013
If the city wants to spend money, they need to start with new American flags. I was driving down Greenup Ave. on Monday, Presidents Days, and noticed all the nasty, dirty flags that were hanging. I understand that they are hung on the street that gets major coal truck traffic and rain sleet and snow. Considering that they are not put up that many times of year, there is no excuse for them being so nasty. If the city is so intent to spend money, they need to take more pride in this city and start with the small stuff. Show a little respect and at least hang new clean flags!
Sarah

Ashland, KY

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Most of you who are bitching would be better off going to McDonalds. A nice place to eat is well out of your plans.
Funny

Kenova, WV

#10 Feb 20, 2013
You get to watch metal being smashed and somebody launching a Jon boat.
Bubba

Greenup, KY

#11 Feb 20, 2013
We need more restaurants. That is real economic development with all the high wage jobs they create
WellWell

Greenup, KY

#12 Feb 20, 2013
You know this was a plan in the making with the non-smoking thing, the Dinner Boat will not be included in the city's smoking ban so they can eat drink gamble and SMOKE big money for someone
yep

Ashland, KY

#13 Feb 20, 2013
WellWell wrote:
You know this was a plan in the making with the non-smoking thing, the Dinner Boat will not be included in the city's smoking ban so they can eat drink gamble and SMOKE big money for someone
You're funny...."the Dinner Boat"....hahahaha

I can hear the neighbor's now ..
Let's gitta hoppin' PA -- need to go catch that thar Dinner Boat for some fine eatin'- smokin'-n- gamblin... I shur hope we get ta eat on the outside deck...jes smell that thar fresh air on the river -- mmmm mmmm -- All that nice brown cloudy river water. Can smell that $hit from here to West By-God Verginni. mmmmm mmmm Life shur is good here in ol' Assland, Kentucky PA.
SMH

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Feb 21, 2013
The city officials are a problem, but if you read through these posts, it appears that you all are also major contributors. I'm not sure when Ashland turned into a cess pool of uneducated know-it-alls, but it is pathetic. You can't bring major corporations in until your city has something desireable to entertain their educated and wealthy people. I know you think the Outback is gourmet and Fat Patty's is a real treat, but you're wrong. The saying if you build it they will come is a very good motto for Ashland to adopt. Bringing in unique businesses and developing our assets is a great way to boost our economy. There's not a major river in the country that isn't polluted! That doesn't stop people from enjoying it. A little more effort on the part of everyone in this city and a little less negativity would make a huge impact. I'm hoping for a riverboat diner and I hope that's just the beginning!!
yep

Ashland, KY

#15 Feb 21, 2013
SMH wrote:
The city officials are a problem, but if you read through these posts, it appears that you all are also major contributors. I'm not sure when Ashland turned into a cess pool of uneducated know-it-alls, but it is pathetic. You can't bring major corporations in until your city has something desireable to entertain their educated and wealthy people. I know you think the Outback is gourmet and Fat Patty's is a real treat, but you're wrong. The saying if you build it they will come is a very good motto for Ashland to adopt. Bringing in unique businesses and developing our assets is a great way to boost our economy. There's not a major river in the country that isn't polluted! That doesn't stop people from enjoying it. A little more effort on the part of everyone in this city and a little less negativity would make a huge impact. I'm hoping for a riverboat diner and I hope that's just the beginning!!
Well, SMH you just go with Pa and Ma and enjoy that thar Dinner Boat.

The Ohio River IS a cess-pool -- how dare you compare all us good ol' folks here at Topix to the Ohio River.

Do you really think that thar dinner boat is gonna entertain the educated and wealthy? Only so many of us educated and wealthy here in Ashland. We don't need no dinner boat. bahahaha
Amen

Acme, PA

#16 Feb 21, 2013
SMH wrote:
Very good post. Thank you. Everyone complains we have nothing here and when it's talked about to have something new then they have to put it down.
uuuu

Vinton, VA

#17 Feb 21, 2013
Something else to bring more ironton people here...here comes the busted mini vans with a O in the back glass
Mmmmm

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Feb 21, 2013
Most if not all of these people complaining, are doing so for spite or even jealousy of Ashland. I have eaten in the floating boat restaurants in louisville and Cincinnati and also years ago at the floating river boat/ eatery in Huntington, they all share the very same river, with the same river traffic, but then some of these posters would be better off eating at McDonalds or Taco Bell.
info

Ashland, KY

#19 Feb 22, 2013
The closest I've been to the river in a while was to go see a band playing at the fuzzy duck in Ironton one night. It was summer and outside around back of the bar. The smell of dead rotten fish and the river was so bad I gagged till we had to leave. I can't imagine trying to eat a good meal on a boat with that smell and if the boat rocking even worst. Bet someone in local government is going to make some extra money on this till its milked for all they can get then it'll be gone.
Mmmmm

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Feb 22, 2013
I guess you could never eat food on the coast or on the piers, but then some people are destined and jubilant for McDonalds and Taco Bell.
SMH

Chesapeake, OH

#21 Feb 22, 2013
It's fine if you negative nancies don't want progress for your city. However, there are many citizens who would love to see their city return to what it once was or even better. It's fine to be content with the downward spiral we are on now, but please do so quietly and without impeding the people who actually care enough to exert the effort to bring about change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min Taletha 16 3,293
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 2 min payme 1,021
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Denny CranesPlace 1,394,876
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min M Wilson 387,946
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,039
News Clinton continues to lead Trump in two new polls 6 min YouDidntBuildThat 9
News Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit ... 10 min Synque 30
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 19 min woodtick57 1,294
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 2 hr abc 177
More from around the web