Senate leaders make deal to change filibuster procedures

Jan 24, 2013 Full story: The Washington Post 36

Senate leaders reached a deal Thursday that alters some of the chamber's more cumbersome procedures but leaves intact the principle that an entrenched minority can force 60-vote thresholds to overcome a filibuster.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 24, 2013
Did you see those senators suck up to Hillary like a bunch of suck ups?

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 24, 2013
We have a bunch of kiss-azz weenies running the country. No wonder Americans are getting killed by terrorists and not getting caught in Benghazi and Algeria. The Senate is a bunch of company men. Not a pair of balls between them.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#3 Jan 24, 2013
There goes our freedoms and the Constitution will mean NOTHING when these idiots get done with it.

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Did you see Hillary smake those senators down like she was playing a game of whack a mole?
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#5 Jan 24, 2013
What I saw was a woman lying about everything. A woman who refused to testify under oath for just that reason. It doesn't matter. She will be 65 years old in 2016. An old hag, and she isn't aging well. All the people who voted for her last time will vote for her again, and Biden will be the Democrat nominee. If only she had told the truth. The truth that is already public, she might have had a chance at the nomination. There is a sickness that makes people lie when the truth would have better served them.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6 Jan 24, 2013
4 people died in Benghazi in a war torn dangerous region...THOUSANDS DIED IN NEW YORK ON 9-11....Why didnt the GOP grill and threaten Bush for letting that happen??????????

COME ON NINTHMAN.........SO SICK OF YOUR BS.........TELL ME HOW IF WE SENT LETS SAY 100 TROOPS TO BENGHAZI AND MORE THEN 4 WOULD STILL HAVE DIED WOULD THAT BE BETTER????

Oh wait enlisted common people would have died instead...and you GOP think rich people are worth more...RIGHT????

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Gee, you mean she didn't cave under the pressure and spill all the beans?

Now who could have predicted that..........

Oh that's right, ME!
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#8 Jan 24, 2013
Don't get me wrog, I am glad she lied. I didn't want her to get the nomiation anyway. It would have been another one of those first things.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Yes indeed we should all lay our firearms at the incompetent feet of hilliary, fienstien, schumer and obama so we can all wind up dead like those Americans in Libya on 9/11.
Well I've had enough of their stupidity so yhey can all go f themselves.
Don't expect those words coming anytime soon from the cigarette puffing house leader bonehead. Put down those cigarettes bonehead and tell those deranged communists to go f themselves...any one of 'em gets up and comes your way in an aggressive manner well that constitutes an assault and you can knock 'em out. GET IT ON!!!

Since: Oct 08

#10 Jan 24, 2013
So who was sucking what during this deal?

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#11 Jan 24, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
4 people died in Benghazi in a war torn dangerous region...THOUSANDS DIED IN NEW YORK ON 9-11....Why didnt the GOP grill and threaten Bush for letting that happen??????????
COME ON NINTHMAN.........SO SICK OF YOUR BS.........TELL ME HOW IF WE SENT LETS SAY 100 TROOPS TO BENGHAZI AND MORE THEN 4 WOULD STILL HAVE DIED WOULD THAT BE BETTER????
Oh wait enlisted common people would have died instead...and you GOP think rich people are worth more...RIGHT????
Bush was 7 months in office on 9/11, bozo. Clinton was president for 8 years and al queda attacked us many times. What did ol slick do about it........attack Mt. Carmal and chased interns around the oval office. Well shyte, that really helped. The are more rich democrats than republicans, screwball.

Spring, TX

#12 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you mean she didn't cave under the pressure and spill all the beans?
Now who could have predicted that..........
Oh that's right, ME!
The theatrics of pounding her fists and crying were obviously rehearsed druing the head injury! Pathetic.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was 7 months in office on 9/11, bozo. Clinton was president for 8 years and al queda attacked us many times. What did ol slick do about it........attack Mt. Carmal and chased interns around the oval office. Well shyte, that really helped. The are more rich democrats than republicans, screwball.
AH YES BLAME CLINTON FOR WHAT BUS DID OR DI NOT DO IN HIS TIME IN OFFICE...Yet when democrats blame Bush for the economy he elft Obama you say we are wrong...HYPPCRIT....

Oh and David Koresh was a CHILD RAPIST WHO AHD STOCK PILE OF ILLEGAL WEAPONS....HE USED KIDS HE WAS RAPING AS A SHIELD HE HID BEHIND..........I am sure to you GOp slime he was a hero..But your kind loves raping girls and being terrorist...

Spring, TX

#14 Jan 24, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
AH YES BLAME CLINTON FOR WHAT BUS DID OR DI NOT DO IN HIS TIME IN OFFICE...Yet when democrats blame Bush for the economy he elft Obama you say we are wrong...HYPPCRIT....
Oh and David Koresh was a CHILD RAPIST WHO AHD STOCK PILE OF ILLEGAL WEAPONS....HE USED KIDS HE WAS RAPING AS A SHIELD HE HID BEHIND..........I am sure to you GOp slime he was a hero..But your kind loves raping girls and being terrorist...
We absolutly blame cllinton......Air Force Barracks in Saudi...al queda....Us Embassy in Narobi....al queda, the USS Cole...al queda
first WTC attack....al queda.

The economy was caused by the dem entitlement give away programs espeically the fannie/freddie fiasco which Bush tried to regualte 4 times....each time blocked by Dodd/frank.

Why does Reno send ATF after a child rapist????....local police and DPS informed her they could have had him anytime..he was always out of the compound in Waco. She overruled him becuase she wanted to impress her boss and people like you that she would "get the guns!"

87 innocent women and children......dead, burned alive. Al Queda still attacking all through clintons terms. Terroists pilots trained during his terms. You socialsts don't care how many children you kill to impress your voters. or sieze power. Stalin, Polo Pot, Mao, Il, Fidel........ DUH
DEM AND DEM PROUD OF IT

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jan 24, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
What I saw was a woman lying about everything. A woman who refused to testify under oath for just that reason. It doesn't matter. She will be 65 years old in 2016. An old hag, and she isn't aging well. All the people who voted for her last time will vote for her again, and Biden will be the Democrat nominee. If only she had told the truth. The truth that is already public, she might have had a chance at the nomination. There is a sickness that makes people lie when the truth would have better served them.
Are you really that freakin' stupid????

Spring, TX

#16 Jan 24, 2013
DEM AND DEM PROUD OF IT wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that freakin' stupid????
Are you really that freakin' gullible to buy her BS??

Yes, your a liberal.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#17 Jan 24, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
We absolutly blame cllinton......Air Force Barracks in Saudi...al queda....Us Embassy in Narobi....al queda, the USS Cole...al queda
first WTC attack....al queda.
The economy was caused by the dem entitlement give away programs espeically the fannie/freddie fiasco which Bush tried to regualte 4 times....each time blocked by Dodd/frank.
Why does Reno send ATF after a child rapist????....local police and DPS informed her they could have had him anytime..he was always out of the compound in Waco. She overruled him becuase she wanted to impress her boss and people like you that she would "get the guns!"
87 innocent women and children......dead, burned alive. Al Queda still attacking all through clintons terms. Terroists pilots trained during his terms. You socialsts don't care how many children you kill to impress your voters. or sieze power. Stalin, Polo Pot, Mao, Il, Fidel........ DUH
YOUR A LIAR.....FACTS PROVE THAT...GO DIE IN PAIN TRAITOR..........Your Bushy crashed the economy and let thousands of Americans die and then sent more off to die in Bushies private war.....SO SHUT UP LIAR.......
DEM AND DEM PROUD OF IT

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jan 24, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Don't get me wrog, I am glad she lied. I didn't want her to get the nomiation anyway. It would have been another one of those first things.
We didn't get you wrog.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jan 25, 2013
Harry Reid is completely worthless. How can he keep his position in the Senate? He is as republican as any other republican in the Senate. He just handed the keys to the Senate to McConnell. There will be nothing done to repair the damage.

How can the democrats even pretend to be the "other" party when they hand over everything without even a discussion?

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 25, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
There goes our freedoms and the Constitution will mean NOTHING when these idiots get done with it.
COURT TO OBAMA: ABUSE OF POWER

In a case freighted with major constitutional implications, a federal appeals court on Friday overturned President Obama’s controversial recess appointments from last year, ruling he abused his powers and acted when the Senate was not actually in a recess.
The three-judge panel’s ruling is a major blow to Mr. Obama. The judges ruled that the appointments Mr. Obama made to the National Labor Relations Board are illegal, and the board no longer has a quorum to operate.
But the ruling has even broader constitutional significance, with the judges arguing that the president’s recess appointment powers don’t apply to “intersession” appointments — those made when Congress has left town for a few days or weeks.
The judges signaled the power only applies after Congress has adjourned sine die, which is a legislative term of art that signals the end to a long work period. In modern times, it means the president could only use his powers when Congress quits business at the end of a year.
“The dearth of intersession appointments in the years and decades following the ratification of the Constitution speaks far more impressively than the history of recent presidential exercise of a supposed power to make such appointments,” the judges wrote.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Latest gay marriage ruling creates confusion in... 2 min WeTheSheeple 8
Catholic bishops push (again) on immigration re... (May '14) 3 min swedenforever 11
US considers banning type of popular rifle ammu... 3 min Butters 77
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,192,274
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min sassyjm 308,955
Is Jeb Bush 'evolving' on same-sex marriage and... 4 min WeTheSheeple 231
Ferguson officials to meet with Justice Department 4 min Lawrence Wolf 42
Netanyahu Assails Iran-Nuclear Talks In Congres... 17 min Lamer 39
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 48 min Valerie 313,273
More from around the web