'At fertilization' declaration gives ...

'At fertilization' declaration gives some pause

There are 10 comments on the KFVS12 story from Apr 6, 2013, titled 'At fertilization' declaration gives some pause. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

A phrase declaring that life begins "at fertilization" tucked into new abortion legislation in Kansas is creating concern among abortion rights advocates that the wording will inspire new attempts to prevent the procedure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#1 Apr 6, 2013
Don't drop any in vitro petri dishes. The frightwingnut reactionaries will call you a murderer.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#2 Apr 6, 2013
Fine. Let them have child support begin at sex.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#3 Apr 6, 2013
We need a right to choose amendment so these people will shut up and go back to worrying about their own morals instead of shoving their religious backed abortion laws down out throats.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#4 Apr 6, 2013
Robert wrote:
We need a right to choose amendment so these people will shut up and go back to worrying about their own morals instead of shoving their religious backed abortion laws down out throats.
Good point. Post birth abortions are none of their damn business.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#5 Apr 6, 2013
any pregnant woman smoking would be guilty of child abuse, then. and contributing to a minor...

no drinking at all, for them now. in fact, unhealthy eating and being overweight would be infringing on that child's rights...

the big government GOP strikes again!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#6 Apr 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
any pregnant woman smoking would be guilty of child abuse, then. and contributing to a minor...
no drinking at all, for them now. in fact, unhealthy eating and being overweight would be infringing on that child's rights...

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#7 Apr 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Of course...and that is EXACTLY what they are after. The object is to control women and the only excuse left is love of the fetus.
Ocean56

AOL

#8 Apr 8, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Of course...and that is EXACTLY what they are after. The object is to control women and the only excuse left is love of the fetus.
Exactly; which the anti-choice extremists will DENY, of course. However, those verbal denials are meaningless when we see what anti-choice politicians are DOING rather than saying, and not just in Kansas.

Anti-choice extremists in Mississippi, North Dakota, Arkansas, and other battleground states are targeting not just abortion but contraception as well. The idea of women being in charge of their OWN reproductive process and -- GASP!-- possibly choosing NOT to have children is anathema to these kooks.

Women who are interested in knowing how bad things were for us in the 1950's and 1960's would probably love to get a copy of Gail Collins' book WHEN EVERYTHING CHANGED, which was published in 2009. I just got it on a trip to our local used book store for less than $10. It was REALLY hard to put down once I started reading it, and I highly recommend it to all women. It's vital for all women to know what we helped to change and what we WON'T go back to.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 Apr 8, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no such thing as a "post birth abortion", you are quite correct.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#10 Apr 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly; which the anti-choice extremists will DENY, of course. However, those verbal denials are meaningless when we see what anti-choice politicians are DOING rather than saying, and not just in Kansas.
Anti-choice extremists in Mississippi, North Dakota, Arkansas, and other battleground states are targeting not just abortion but contraception as well. The idea of women being in charge of their OWN reproductive process and -- GASP!-- possibly choosing NOT to have children is anathema to these kooks.
Women who are interested in knowing how bad things were for us in the 1950's and 1960's would probably love to get a copy of Gail Collins' book WHEN EVERYTHING CHANGED, which was published in 2009. I just got it on a trip to our local used book store for less than $10. It was REALLY hard to put down once I started reading it, and I highly recommend it to all women. It's vital for all women to know what we helped to change and what we WON'T go back to.
Thanks Ocean! Will check out the book!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Undocumented Immigrants Help Strengthen Our... 1 min USA forensics 199
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 3 min Big Bad Ginsberg 2,114
News Obamacare could create quandary for Republicans... 5 min Big Bad Ginsberg 228
News Hillary Clinton: Confederate Flag 'Shouldn't Fl... 8 min Big Bad Ginsberg 32
News Juan Williams: The pollution of politics 11 min Northern Ireland 15
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 12 min Quirky 332,660
News Activist takes down Confederate flag outside So... 16 min Northern Ireland 116
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 192,124
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr IND 186,216
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr RoxLo 1,251,062
More from around the web