Proposition 8 case: Judge who struck down California's gay marriage ban speaks out

There are 2 comments on the Feb 18, 2013, The Campbell Reporter story titled Proposition 8 case: Judge who struck down California's gay marriage ban speaks out. In it, The Campbell Reporter reports that:

On a May day in 2009, Vaughn Walker was going through one of his weekly routines as a federal judge, reviewing a stack of new lawsuits assigned to his San Francisco chambers, when one case caught his eye: Perry v. Schwarzenegger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Campbell Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#30 Feb 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're unable to make a rational assessment of the liklihood of a particular ruling? No wonder you're so often disappointed by SCOTUS rulings.
They COULD rule that Yetis can marry Humpty Dumpty, but that's not a very likely outcome.
The most likely outcome is section 3 of DOMA is overturned and Prop 8 is overturned but limited just to California.
I'm guessing that's what's going to happen.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#31 Feb 25, 2013
The link to our side's SCotUS brief:

http://www.afer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/0...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nuculur option 1,220,439
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Guru 187,333
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Wow 160,967
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min woodtick57 179,261
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min OzRitz 52,861
News Long courtship leads to high court's altar for ... 8 min Wondering 3
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Agents of Corruption 324,549
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 14 min Wondering 184
More from around the web