Robert Menendez Wants To Arm Syrian Groups Accused Of Using Chemical Weapons

There are 89 comments on the Irregular Times story from May 6, 2013, titled Robert Menendez Wants To Arm Syrian Groups Accused Of Using Chemical Weapons. In it, Irregular Times reports that:

Today, Senator Robert Menendez introduced the Syria Stabilization Act. It's legislation that, if passed and signed into law, would address the problem of alleged chemical weapons use in the Syrian civil war by providing American money and weapons to groups accused of using chemical weapons in the Syrian civil war.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Irregular Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Toxik

Hagatna, Guam

#1 May 6, 2013
Yup good ole American Ingenuity. Throw fuel to the fire to see how big the blaze will be. The insurgents are fighting each other and Nusra. If Asaad should fall, all arms we send there will be used to not only for them to kill each other but to prolong the killing. Arms is not the solution. It's negotiated peace.
Jude

Ashburn, VA

#2 May 6, 2013
NB: Approved for public consumption by the president of Banana Syrian republic. SANA NEWS AGENCY.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3 May 6, 2013
Jude wrote:
NB: Approved for public consumption by the president of Banana Syrian republic. SANA NEWS AGENCY.
In order to use chemical weapons various airborne methods r applied the rebels used homemade weapons and artillery how can they use chemical weapons if they dont even have ammunition for their guns? Whereas the Syrian Army is fully capable of using chemical weapons cos we all know they have a superior Air power compared to the rebels. The SAA have used chemical weapons on the rebels considering the fact that its is their only options since rebels outnumber them and if u look at the place the rebels have conquered a lot of that has been cos of shear numbers. However, chemical weapons is very effective in stopping huge numbers of people. Pretty logical when u think about it.
ocxz

Saint-denis, Reunion

#4 May 6, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to use chemical weapons various airborne methods r applied the rebels used homemade weapons and artillery how can they use chemical weapons if they dont even have ammunition for their guns? Whereas the Syrian Army is fully capable of using chemical weapons cos we all know they have a superior Air power compared to the rebels. The SAA have used chemical weapons on the rebels considering the fact that its is their only options since rebels outnumber them and if u look at the place the rebels have conquered a lot of that has been cos of shear numbers. However, chemical weapons is very effective in stopping huge numbers of people. Pretty logical when u think about it.
No official can confirm alleged use of chemical weapons from any side, yet from these allegations you have come to the conclusion that indeed only the regime used chemical weapons.
Don't quote any sources, dude, we know you are more informed then the specialists.
Only thing is your numbers are false the syrian army is to this day bigger in size than the rebels.
These rebels represent a tiny opposition to assad.
they have no leader, no "Mandela" to sugggest a peaceful transition, can you name a local leader that could replace Assad ?
there is none.
There was never one because the uprising is monitored from outside Syria. The people that were ready to fight the syrian army were maybe 2 % of the population, the rest just put up with him just like we put up with our leaders.
Toxik

Yigo, Guam

#5 May 7, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to use chemical weapons various airborne methods r applied the rebels used homemade weapons and artillery how can they use chemical weapons if they dont even have ammunition for their guns? Whereas the Syrian Army is fully capable of using chemical weapons cos we all know they have a superior Air power compared to the rebels. The SAA have used chemical weapons on the rebels considering the fact that its is their only options since rebels outnumber them and if u look at the place the rebels have conquered a lot of that has been cos of shear numbers. However, chemical weapons is very effective in stopping huge numbers of people. Pretty logical when u think about it.
It's apparent you already made up your mind the SAA used chemicals. Del Ponte has a different opinion. The interviews and exams of wounded, in a report, shows its the insurgents that used sarin. Since the insurgents have no real leader, and most of them are just militias, and not organized, it's one of those militias that used sarin. Assad has no motive to use it. Sarin can be homemade just like chlorine. All you need is a chemist.
Comment

Syria

#6 May 7, 2013
Who gave the right to this hispanic guy to decide for Syria ?? is that the new world conspiracy ???
Report

Syria

#7 May 7, 2013
Jude wrote:
NB: Approved for public consumption by the president of Banana Syrian republic. SANA NEWS AGENCY.
This is last we need ...comments from israeli jews !!!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#8 May 7, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
No official can confirm alleged use of chemical weapons from any side, yet from these allegations you have come to the conclusion that indeed only the regime used chemical weapons.
Don't quote any sources, dude, we know you are more informed then the specialists.
Only thing is your numbers are false the syrian army is to this day bigger in size than the rebels.
These rebels represent a tiny opposition to assad.
they have no leader, no "Mandela" to sugggest a peaceful transition, can you name a local leader that could replace Assad ?
there is none.
There was never one because the uprising is monitored from outside Syria. The people that were ready to fight the syrian army were maybe 2 % of the population, the rest just put up with him just like we put up with our leaders.
THE VERY FACT THAT THE REGIME IS NOT ALLOWING THE UN TO GO IN AND INVESTIGATE IS A BIG SIGN OF SOMETHING HAPPENING. Apart from the evidences that have been provided by several sources of the victims of these attacks is uncounted and not even taken into consideration. Ur asking me for sources CHECK UR SOURCES 1st and while ur at ur brains as well HOW CAN A MINORITY GOVERNMENT HAVE MORE NUMBERS the Syrian Army itslef is no more than 50,000 soldiers they get OUTSIDE help from IRAN, RUSSIA and HEZBSATAN and ur telling me the FSA r monitored from the outside WOW m8 double standards much? 58% of the population is Sunni Muslim which roze up against the regime and ur telling me its 2%? More then Half of Syria is under rebel control ur telling me its A TINY resistance? And I do think u r stuck in the past the FSA now r a lot more organised then they were their current leader is Colonel Reyad Musa Al Asaad their might be different groups fighting amongsts the rebels but they have ONE agenda outst Asshead and his brutal regime. If ur asking for evidence plz post ur as well Practice wot u Preach.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#9 May 7, 2013
Toxik wrote:
<quoted text>
It's apparent you already made up your mind the SAA used chemicals. Del Ponte has a different opinion. The interviews and exams of wounded, in a report, shows its the insurgents that used sarin. Since the insurgents have no real leader, and most of them are just militias, and not organized, it's one of those militias that used sarin. Assad has no motive to use it. Sarin can be homemade just like chlorine. All you need is a chemist.
DEL PONTE ALSO SAYS "strong, concrete SUSPICIONS but not yet incontrovertible proof". And u have already made up ur mind that the rebels used chem weapons. All you need is a chemist to make Sarin but you need to deploy it as well. U dont just throw it on the road to have max effect but the rebels do not posses the ways to deploy chemical weapons it is the Assad regime who has superior ways of deploying chem weapons cos of the weapons they possess. DEL PONTE ALSO SAYS "strong, concrete SUSPICIONS but not yet incontrovertible proof".
ocxz

Saint-denis, Reunion

#10 May 7, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
THE VERY FACT THAT THE REGIME IS NOT ALLOWING THE UN TO GO IN AND INVESTIGATE IS A BIG SIGN OF SOMETHING HAPPENING. Apart from the evidences that have been provided by several sources of the victims of these attacks is uncounted and not even taken into consideration. Ur asking me for sources CHECK UR SOURCES 1st and while ur at ur brains as well HOW CAN A MINORITY GOVERNMENT HAVE MORE NUMBERS the Syrian Army itslef is no more than 50,000 soldiers they get OUTSIDE help from IRAN, RUSSIA and HEZBSATAN and ur telling me the FSA r monitored from the outside WOW m8 double standards much? 58% of the population is Sunni Muslim which roze up against the regime and ur telling me its 2%? More then Half of Syria is under rebel control ur telling me its A TINY resistance? And I do think u r stuck in the past the FSA now r a lot more organised then they were their current leader is Colonel Reyad Musa Al Asaad their might be different groups fighting amongsts the rebels but they have ONE agenda outst Asshead and his brutal regime. If ur asking for evidence plz post ur as well Practice wot u Preach.
Where do you get your numbers from, a Houdini hat ?
Simple maths
If only 58 % of syria is sunny, that does not make 58 % against Assad
Of those unhappy about Assad most of them do not want a military confrontation against the regime.
Only a minority is military involved, that is why most of the fighters are external, don't you read the news ?
They are so few of them that by themselves they represent a minute fraction.
And once again revolution is not a punctual thing, preparation is needed and an alternative solution presented before going into action, what do you do with the power once you succeed in toppling the leader ?
I ask you again who would be the leader, you seem such an expert

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#11 May 7, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your numbers from, a Houdini hat ?
Simple maths
If only 58 % of syria is sunny, that does not make 58 % against Assad
Of those unhappy about Assad most of them do not want a military confrontation against the regime.
Only a minority is military involved, that is why most of the fighters are external, don't you read the news ?
They are so few of them that by themselves they represent a minute fraction.
And once again revolution is not a punctual thing, preparation is needed and an alternative solution presented before going into action, what do you do with the power once you succeed in toppling the leader ?
I ask you again who would be the leader, you seem such an expert
Where do you get that Majority of the FSA r terrorists from ur invisible friend? And how do u know most of them dont want military intervention u flew on a flying carpet and interviewed the majority there? My friend the NEWS that u read from SANA and RT r false THE REGIME IS JUSTIFYING THE KILLING OF THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE WITH THAT FALSE ALLEGATION THAT MAJORITY R EXTERNAL FIGHTERS AL QAEDA etc and yes I AGREE there r a lot of external fighters who have come to aid their Syrian counterparts because Islam knows no boundary just like Christians wud help other Christians jews to other jews etc. Its the same thing Muslims r helping their fellow Muslims in Syria that is no EXTERNAL intervention it is ALL ONE fight to oust Assad. The MAJORITY did ask for a PEACEFUL TRANSITION but the Regime retaliated BRUTALLY revolution may not be punctual but it gets the job done. The final leader wud be what the MAJORITY decide not the MINORITY ALAWITE dogs who have been ruling with the Iron fists what do u call that DEMOCRACY?
Toxik

Hagatna, Guam

#12 May 7, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get that Majority of the FSA r terrorists from ur invisible friend? And how do u know most of them dont want military intervention u flew on a flying carpet and interviewed the majority there? My friend the NEWS that u read from SANA and RT r false THE REGIME IS JUSTIFYING THE KILLING OF THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE WITH THAT FALSE ALLEGATION THAT MAJORITY R EXTERNAL FIGHTERS AL QAEDA etc and yes I AGREE there r a lot of external fighters who have come to aid their Syrian counterparts because Islam knows no boundary just like Christians wud help other Christians jews to other jews etc. Its the same thing Muslims r helping their fellow Muslims in Syria that is no EXTERNAL intervention it is ALL ONE fight to oust Assad. The MAJORITY did ask for a PEACEFUL TRANSITION but the Regime retaliated BRUTALLY revolution may not be punctual but it gets the job done. The final leader wud be what the MAJORITY decide not the MINORITY ALAWITE dogs who have been ruling with the Iron fists what do u call that DEMOCRACY?
Hotty is in his own world. He says he's not Anti-Asaad or pro-Israel. But his posting is apparent pro-Israel. But problematic is that he keeps
Saying Assad kills yet he/she
Forgets his posting is Pro-Israel. Who the F*** has the right to determines who is elected?! My country's foreign policy needs to be revamped.
logician

United States

#14 May 7, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
DEL PONTE ALSO SAYS "strong, concrete SUSPICIONS but not yet incontrovertible proof". And u have already made up ur mind that the rebels used chem weapons.
It's only logical.
mxlplx

United States

#15 May 7, 2013
Menendez would be better off pushing for a remake of the Wizard of Oz with him playing the lead munchkin, than dabbling in politics. We have enough munchkin-brains in government as it is.
ocxz

Sainte-clotilde, Reunion

#16 May 7, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get that Majority of the FSA r terrorists from ur invisible friend? And how do u know most of them dont want military intervention u flew on a flying carpet and interviewed the majority there? My friend the NEWS that u read from SANA and RT r false THE REGIME IS JUSTIFYING THE KILLING OF THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE WITH THAT FALSE ALLEGATION THAT MAJORITY R EXTERNAL FIGHTERS AL QAEDA etc and yes I AGREE there r a lot of external fighters who have come to aid their Syrian counterparts because Islam knows no boundary just like Christians wud help other Christians jews to other jews etc. Its the same thing Muslims r helping their fellow Muslims in Syria that is no EXTERNAL intervention it is ALL ONE fight to oust Assad. The MAJORITY did ask for a PEACEFUL TRANSITION but the Regime retaliated BRUTALLY revolution may not be punctual but it gets the job done. The final leader wud be what the MAJORITY decide not the MINORITY ALAWITE dogs who have been ruling with the Iron fists what do u call that DEMOCRACY?
Name one guy that could govern Syria and meet approval from Syrians should assad move, name him and i might start taking you seriously
because when you say there are a lot of external fighters and subsequently no external intervention you already have trouble coming to grips with the simple notion of boundaries and territorial integrity.

And speaking of democracies are you part of those democratic free for all states of Saudi Arabia ? Qatar ? Bahrein ? Or democracy la Libya ?
Because if you want democracy French style or American style you are up for a big surprise dear.
It won't be that way.

Ah
Jude

United States

#17 May 7, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one guy that could govern Syria and meet approval from Qatar and Saudi Arabia....
Ayman al-Zawahiri?
Carlos

New York, NY

#18 May 7, 2013
Hitty wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get that Majority of the FSA r terrorists from ur invisible friend? And how do u know most of them dont want military intervention u flew on a flying carpet and interviewed the majority there? My friend the NEWS that u read from SANA and RT r false THE REGIME IS JUSTIFYING THE KILLING OF THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE WITH THAT FALSE ALLEGATION THAT MAJORITY R EXTERNAL FIGHTERS AL QAEDA etc and yes I AGREE there r a lot of external fighters who have come to aid their Syrian counterparts because Islam knows no boundary just like Christians wud help other Christians jews to other jews etc. Its the same thing Muslims r helping their fellow Muslims in Syria that is no EXTERNAL intervention it is ALL ONE fight to oust Assad. The MAJORITY did ask for a PEACEFUL TRANSITION but the Regime retaliated BRUTALLY revolution may not be punctual but it gets the job done. The final leader wud be what the MAJORITY decide not the MINORITY ALAWITE dogs who have been ruling with the Iron fists what do u call that DEMOCRACY?
Both sides of the conflict have killed innocents, but we forget that it was Assad who brutally cracked down a gathering of protesting Syrians, and this was during the Arab Spring uprising in the Middle East.

Whatever his reasons or motives, the Alawite leader HAS killed more Syrians than the opposition, statistically.

You think if Assad manages to crush the current rebellion, the Syrian people will be content? If Assad does win the war, it will only suppress Syria for a little while. Another and possibly more violent war will rise up eventually, regardless, if nothing is changed.
ocxz

Sainte-clotilde, Reunion

#19 May 7, 2013
Jude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayman al-Zawahiri?
You could have been a bit more subtle.
Jude

Ashburn, VA

#20 May 7, 2013
Jude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayman al-Zawahiri?
**SPAM** The real Jude says the people of Syria will choose their leaders In a fair democratic election where everyone has a right to access information without fear of the Shabiha.
mxlplx

United States

#21 May 7, 2013
Qatar and Saudi Arabia know nothing of democracy. Do you suggest installing a Syrian monarch?

Maybe one of the Pahlavis is available. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Revenge Voting? Hell Yea (Nov '12) 1 min Truth is might 9,368
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Tinka 163,806
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 15 min NoahLovesU 2,156
News The U.S Congressman Senator Bob Menendez from N... 15 min Marlon 2
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 16 min Pro Ukraine 1,271
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min Injudgement 182,362
News Ireland same-sex marriage 24 min American_Infidel 48
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 189,827
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Quirky 328,358
More from around the web