Polygamy No Longer a Crime in Utah

Dec 14, 2013 Full story: Religion News Service 6

Like many people, I'm a fan of Sister Wives, a reality show about an FLDS family with four wives sharing one husband.

Full Story
anonymous

United States

#1 Dec 16, 2013
i just think as long as its ok with whomever may want to live this way, and as long as they arent using the government to support all their kids by multiple mothers and one dad like warren jeffs' followers were, then its ok. but I still won't ever understand why. If it makes them happy then ok. everyone has their own beliefs. no multiple marriage certificates though. by law.. one certificate.
lamer

Piqua, OH

#2 Dec 16, 2013
I always wondered the tax status of a polygamist family and how marriage certs were issued to them.
motherinlaw

Brownwood, TX

#3 Jan 12, 2014
There is only one marriage certificate. The first wife is a legal marriage...and additional wives are celestial wives.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#4 Jan 12, 2014
anonymous wrote:
i just think as long as its ok with whomever may want to live this way, and as long as they arent using the government to support all their kids by multiple mothers and one dad like warren jeffs' followers were, then its ok. but I still won't ever understand why. If it makes them happy then ok. everyone has their own beliefs. no multiple marriage certificates though. by law.. one certificate.
It's the modern day harem, but only one wife is recognized legally on the marriage certificate.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#5 Jan 13, 2014
Im Not happy....

I think their federal payment should be really scrutinized and audited and brought up on charges.

They are also doing the molecule count in DNA smear so when you hit primary dog dna in a human they go to dog pound, not hospital, because the cell count is no longer human.

We do have a couple groups here in Madison, One by HIlldale apartments, the other in WIlliamson Street area, these are protected by Paternity Federal and Church, men permitting a baby every 9 months, so that the ovum has a chance to life as a lifeform. Crual and inhumane for the ovum to inseminate in the spetic tank wioth a bug. They have abundence of kids 12-25 as long as the wife is dropping ovum she gets another child. SEEMS MORE LOGICAL
Thats What She Said

Beverly, MA

#6 Jun 25, 2014
What about one wife many husbands? Why the double standard?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Mrs Cleo 55,968
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min dont drink the ko... 46,726
UK party leaders promise Scotland new powers 4 min Swedenforever 23
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Jaxxon 262,744
Challenger Grimes' Poll Shows Dead Heat Race Wi... 6 min Zeppelin 18
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Tony Rome 1,110,075
Michele Bachmann: Obama Won Because He's Black ... (Feb '14) 7 min Swedenforever 315
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min No Surprize 153,829
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 49 min Chilli J 116,688
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••