Romney Signs on to Anti-Gay Group's Campaign Pledge

Aug 5, 2011 Full story: EDGE 12,989

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has signed on to a campaign pledge created by the anti-gay National Organization for Marriage, a group that seeks to obstruct marriage equality and, in states where gay and lesbian families are legally allowed to wed, to roll family parity back.

Full Story
Brenda Lee Johnson

Los Angeles, CA

#12464 Jun 27, 2012
The information in the links Luke provided is 100% accurate! Who are you trying to kidd?

By the way regarding the argument about Gay Feces eating,I find your picture interesting because dogs also lick butts and eat feces(shit). The parasites Gays get from eating feces(shit) are very similar to the parasites dogs get. do you share meds?
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, I really hope that people look at those links you provided, because they prove how badly your friends at LifeSite actually lied. They claim that they used these sources for their articles, but but all they actually did was torture them into agreement with their bogus anti--Gay claims. The CDC, etcetera, all prove their lies. If you don't believe me, READ THEM FOR YOURSELF, because you make it painfully obvious that you haven't bothered to.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12465 Jun 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an odd response to: "two gays could be fu$%^#% 24/7 for a year and there would be no kids, gay or normal."
Really. Work on your reading comprehension. L:earn to see beyond surfaces. SHEESH!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#12466 Jun 28, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Really. Work on your reading comprehension. L:earn to see beyond surfaces. SHEESH!
What part of two men can't make a baby are you having problems with? My reading comprehension? I don't think so. Although it is always a hoot when gays want to change the meaning of words, laws, etc. You can have your own dictionary and constitution if you want it, just remember, it will only apply to gays.

Location hidden

#12467 Jun 28, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of two men can't make a baby are you having problems with? My reading comprehension? I don't think so. Although it is always a hoot when gays want to change the meaning of words, laws, etc. You can have your own dictionary and constitution if you want it, just remember, it will only apply to gays.
Since I addressed precisely that, why did you call it strange.

And on the 8th day god made the turkey baster.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#12468 Jun 28, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I addressed precisely that, why did you call it strange.
And on the 8th day god made the turkey baster.
For ANY gay couple, male or female, that requires a third person. So, like I said, a gay couple can f$%# 24/7 for a year and they can't produce a child.

Location hidden

#12469 Jun 28, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
For ANY gay couple, male or female, that requires a third person. So, like I said, a gay couple can f$%# 24/7 for a year and they can't produce a child.
The same can be said about a goodly number of hetero couples with reproductive difficulties.

There is also adoption.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#12470 Jun 28, 2012
Can we return to the original subject? While Romney has signed on to an anti-gay pledge. I seriously doubt he is sincere about it. Remeber Papa Bush and his devotion to Christian values who appointed gay Justice Walker to the federal bench who proceeded to overturn Prop 8 in California? Romney is forever trying to straddle the fence on such issues by ignoring them as much as possible. He tries to say just barely enough to social conservatives without unduly alarming the social liberals. I really doubt he will follow through on whatever weak promises he has made to the religious right any more than Reagan did (which was next to nothing).

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#12471 Jun 28, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to keep things simple for you so you can learn. You wouldn't understand a 'big boy' argument and you prove it daily. I bet you wonder why I call you Justice Dumbass.
Translation, you made another stupid argument you cannot factually support.

Wondering, do you ever tire of making yourself out to be a moron?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#12472 Jun 28, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
Can we return to the original subject? While Romney has signed on to an anti-gay pledge. I seriously doubt he is sincere about it.
Oh, so he is simply insincere in his attempt to win an election.

Well, that certainly spins him in a different, though not better, light. I'd stick to my day job, were I you.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#12474 Jun 28, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation, you made another stupid argument you cannot factually support.
Wondering, do you ever tire of making yourself out to be a moron?
I've asked you many questions you can't seem to answer.
I've given you facts you don't understand.
You've proven you don't have a clue about the 1st ammendment or the full faith and credit clause.
You claim 1 = 2.
You claim that families with kids don't get 'greater protection' than families without kids.
You claim that a family of 3 doesn't get this 'greater protection' but a man that wants a second wife does. Each would be a family of 3.
I've asked you to show me any document that describes these 'greater protections' and you've come up empty.
Don't blame me for your incompetence. You are the poster child for stupid.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#12475 Jun 28, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so he is simply insincere in his attempt to win an election.
Well, that certainly spins him in a different, though not better, light. I'd stick to my day job, were I you.
My point was not to make excuses for him, rather I was trying to paint him as a waffler who can't be trusted.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12476 Jun 28, 2012
Protecting the definition of marriage is pro-gay since most of the parents of gays were married.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#12477 Jun 28, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>My point was not to make excuses for him, rather I was trying to paint him as a waffler who can't be trusted.
that is why I will vote AGAINST him.

Location hidden

#12478 Jun 28, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Protecting the definition of marriage is pro-gay since most of the parents of gays were married.
By your reasoning and inclination, including that gay is undesireable, it follows that heteros should stop getting married so there will be fewer gay people.

You're silly.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#12479 Jun 28, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
You really are out of touch with reality Brian.

Protecting the Constitution requires that we dismantle, from time to time, bad laws that have too long sullied our books and led some Americans to be treated as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the laws.

This does not mean that we must do away with legal marriage, but rather that we need to equally afford its protections to all, excepting those where a compelling state interest is served by denying such protection.

Have you come up with a single rational reason to deny same sex couples the right to marry? Your current argument doesn't rise to that level. In fact I am not sure it rises to the level of a sane thought.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#12480 Jun 28, 2012
lides wrote:
Have you come up with a single rational reason to deny same sex couples the right to marry?
Key word there is rational. It is well known that Justice Dumjbass is irrational and unless you agree with him your reasons are irrational. The good news, your reasons must be rational by the standards set by Justice Dumbass. His standards are irrelevant.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#12481 Jun 28, 2012
Brenda Lee Johnson wrote:
The information in the links Luke provided is 100% accurate! Who are you trying to kidd?...
Dumpling, I said all along that the information in those links is 100% accurate, it just doesn't say what he claims it does. If he had bothered to actually check LifeSite's sources, he would have found he was being lied to, frequently, repeatedly and often in every story he was plagiarizing. I find your picture fascinating too dear, just like your posts, a waste of space.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#12482 Jun 28, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of innocent people died from AIDS, it's a serious disease and HIV is predominately a gay disease here in this country.
Everyone who dies of AIDS is innocent.
And the flu is a serious disease, it kills more people than AIDS in this country.

Santa Monica, CA

#12483 Jun 28, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of you don't have to be able to make a baby in order to marry are you having problems with? This whole reproduction thing is a non issue. And no amount of twisting things will make it one. IF you had to be able to spawn in order to marry, it would be an issue.

Santa Monica, CA

#12484 Jun 28, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...so what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 6 min Clark Kent 9,993
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min UnderstandPeople 1,156,051
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min SobieskiSavedEurope 134,123
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 18 min Enter 128
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 19 min red and right 294,532
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 26 min Calvin_Coolish 165,509
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 39 min Even Steven 630
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 2 hr Hooogle It 4
Who hacked Sony becomes Internet's new mystery 2 hr Hooogle It 12
More from around the web