5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia...

5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading Ukraine - Without Going To War

There are 3015 comments on the ThinkProgress story from Mar 1, 2014, titled 5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading Ukraine - Without Going To War. In it, ThinkProgress reports that:

Events in eastern Europe took a dramatic turn on Saturday as the Russian parliament cleared the way for President Vladimir Putin to use force in eastern Ukraine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThinkProgress.

boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#549 Mar 9, 2014
Shem wrote:
<quoted text>
It was NOT a border skirmish you s*tupid moron it was a wide scale engagement with over 1000 tanks and over 1000 planes with large movement of troops over a wide area in the far east which the Soviets Won - which means they Won *The War with Japan* in 1939.
And yet they did nothing else after this border skirmish for SIX years, not until after we had won the war.
Coincidence? I think not.....more like a LAND GRAB!
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#550 Mar 9, 2014
PROUD TO BE SERB wrote:
<quoted text>
What you dish around is come around with the bonus tooooooooooo.
Is that why you are hiding in Australia?

Careful, them Croats are looking for you.......
Canuck

Canora, Canada

#552 Mar 9, 2014
The only 2 ways the USA can respond to their imaginary Russian invasion of Ukraine is to crap their pants and kiss their 5 billion dollar investment in destabilizing Ukraine goodbye.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#553 Mar 9, 2014
Canuck wrote:
The only 2 ways the USA can respond to their imaginary Russian invasion of Ukraine is to crap their pants and kiss their 5 billion dollar investment in destabilizing Ukraine goodbye.
Alternatively they can fire cruise missiles and kill lots of Russians.

After all, the troops on the ground are only 'imaginary' right?
PROUD TO BE SERB

Australia

#554 Mar 9, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you are hiding in Australia?
Careful, them Croats are looking for you.......
Hahahaha. This is are old story boy.
I'm Srbjien I'm an defeated boy.
Please give to Croats magnify glasses.Lol.
Shem

Bangkok, Thailand

#555 Mar 9, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet they did nothing else after this border skirmish for SIX years, not until after we had won the war.
Coincidence? I think not.....more like a LAND GRAB!
Well it's obviously a waste of time to discuss real history with you. Actually I support Japan for attacking you and lighting you all up at Pearl Harbour. The best thing Japan ever done. Should have killed more...:) See in 1941 they had a perfect opportunity to attack USSR who were fully engaged in fighting the Nazis in 1941, yet they still chose to attack *you*. If only the Germans were just as smart...
Canuck

Canora, Canada

#556 Mar 9, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Alternatively they can fire cruise missiles and kill lots of Russians.
After all, the troops on the ground are only 'imaginary' right?
LOL.....silly boy.
Russia could fire a few Intercontinental Ballistic Missile and kill a lot of Americans as well and a few at bankrupt Britain and wipe it off the map.
The only troops Russia has is in Crimea which hosts the Russian Naval fleet.
Only idiots like yourself would consider that as a Russian invasion.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#557 Mar 10, 2014
Canuck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....silly boy.
Russia could fire a few Intercontinental Ballistic Missile and kill a lot of Americans as well and a few at bankrupt Britain and wipe it off the map.
The only troops Russia has is in Crimea which hosts the Russian Naval fleet.
Only idiots like yourself would consider that as a Russian invasion.
So you'd be perfectly happy if the UN sent paratroopers to take over some russian cities and military bases?

After all, that's not an invasion, is it?
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#558 Mar 10, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd be perfectly happy if the UN sent paratroopers to take over some russian cities and military bases?
==-----+=-

What language of yours do you translate form Google to put in here?
You have no mind to even know your language to translate from, by saying UN troops.
UN soldiers are merely peace keepers and are often shot at, besides, UN decision of sending troops won't come easy.
Most of all, UN has no such military, as UN soldiers are poor in skills.
You might as well join UN soldiers if you think you can take over Russian cities, before you don't know which way is home to your backward language poisoned depot.
Say that again, about Google that you do use it too much with disfigured words ----really, what do you think that your disfigured words make any sense ?
Shem

Bangkok, Thailand

#559 Mar 10, 2014
JBH wrote:
<quoted text>
----=-===-
YOU babble ALL DAY LONG about any subject that you should not.
You are no real thing by copying from wikipedia to put whatever in here.
You are no Russian that good Russians don't need you to speak but degrade you.
YOUR idols are the Britons while you used your learned British English as your foreign language to say about people's English, on grammar and spelling too.
Your Savior might be the UK Queen, who would invite Indians, world proletariat and such like Albanian gypsies like you to the Queens' Palace.
Yet, as you demonstrate your such psychotic illness as the awful psychopath, even UK would reject you seeking asylum there to join your beloved Neo_Nazi Ukrainian radicals,to fulfill having altogether high anxiety interests to say people act like you -- use wikipedia and Google translate to speak English as you do.
I am the natural on English language with no grammar book nor dictionary.
I am the flux of wave of the progressions of modern times.
I Need no history book or any Almanac to speak English and about the world.
You are no better than the ones in the back-alleys or underground.
You just don't know anything but are a very troubling ill sicko.
GET LOST.
I don't give a f*ck if the English like me or not. What I do know though that neither you nor any of your compatriots speak English. Whatever you speak is the most degenerate language on the planet because you live in a desolate farm wasteland far away from the civilized world. I have worked with Canadians and non- Native speakers, and I found that non-Native speakers from Europe contribute a lot more to English language and the way it is used than Canadians. Canadians are a bunch of stupid peasant farmers who never been exposed to what real English language is like. It's degrading just to be around you... you should STFU already...

I've been to Europe more than once. In Netherlands I could actually see England on the other side across Lamanche. I spent months in that area I had plenty of time and money to go see England but I just couldn't be bothered, there's really nothing that I like about England and I've never been there. What sort of Canadian peasant Native speakers you've been exposed to that you keep babbling for almost a week now and still haven't figured out anything about me?? I asked you before and I'll ask you again I don't want any contact with any of you Stupid Canadians, and that includes *especially* you :) Can you f*ck off already and go harass people in your own neighbourhood?
Knight Hospitaller

Georgia

#560 Mar 10, 2014
Alexey25 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we didn`t.
I`m not talking about the war of 1905< I`m talking about the conflicts of 1938 and 1939.
Russia was victorious at both.
Still nothing to say about Blockade and sanctions? I see you are running away from arguments as you just did once more.
Military Man

San Francisco, CA

#561 Mar 10, 2014
We cannot defeat Russia in the Ukraine, and Putin is actually crazy enough to go nuclear.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#562 Mar 10, 2014
Shem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a f*ck if the English like me or not. What I do know though that neither you nor any of your compatriots speak English. Whatever you speak is the most degenerate language on the planet because you live in a desolate farm wasteland far away from the civilized world. I have worked with Canadians and non- Native speakers, and I found that non-Native speakers from Europe contribute a lot more to English language and the way it is used than Canadians. Canadians are a bunch of stupid peasant farmers who never been exposed to what real English language is like. It's degrading just to be around you... you should STFU already...
I've been to Europe more than once. In Netherlands I could actually see England on the other side across Lamanche. I spent months in that area I had plenty of time and money to go see England but I just couldn't be bothered, there's really nothing that I like about England and I've never been there. What sort of Canadian peasant Native speakers you've been exposed to that you keep babbling for almost a week now and still haven't figured out anything about me?? I asked you before and I'll ask you again I don't want any contact with any of you Stupid Canadians, and that includes *especially* you :) Can you f*ck off already and go harass people in your own neighbourhood?
---======

If you want to be on the Internet to speak, speak it then.
Who do you think you are? You are not like English people speaking the English that your English is of.
People would come to me or you, and you did so as well.
What makes you of any reasons by keeping on this and that about everything, country and people, that your inability with disturbed mind with no head does show, when being bashed back ?
.What a foul nut and language that you are.
This is Topix for supposed mature grown-up adults.
You are not one despite you are getting old.
Why do you speak to me and call hassling you?
They speak to me too while I don't think that way.
You came to speak to me about English and then you face up to it on the subject.
You don't have to response if you prefer not to be bum-rapped.
go for it and take it!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#563 Mar 10, 2014
DWARF FUHRER PUTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia has lost over 100 BILLION USD in the stock and currency markets alone. The Olympics, at 50 BILLION USD will generate ZERO value (Or, as a commentator on the CBC put it: "This guy can't even manage an investment, what's he doing running a country?") and with sanctions kicking in, if Russia continues along this path there will FOR CERTAIN be Russian Army "goulash cannons" feeding starving Russians watery cabbage soup......
Won't Der Dwarf Fuhrer Putin and his Brownshirts be popular THEN, eh?
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
I feel sorry for the Russian people, who will soon realize that Putin's Big Adventure has set the country back decades, and that Russia has finally and forever destroyed a long and historic kinship between two slavic nations that once made it a great power.
But, put your trust in a KGB Dwarf, oh Russia, and you will reap what you have sown!
Gogol (a Ukrainian!)'s troika is going into the ditch, and will be mired there for decades......
That post of yours proves you know nothing about Russian people.
The pressure of the west on Russia Russian people see as agression against Russia and in case of agression, Russians always support their leaders. Putin`s rating is the highest now.
Stock market prices change all the time that means nothing.
Russia has the third biggest currency reserves in the wotld, after China and Japan. Oil priices are high then. There`s no probem for Putin.
As for Sochie, the most of expenses were private investments and all those epenses were during 8 years from 2006. 50bln.$ is rubbish for Russia. The budget of Moscow city alone is 50 bln.$.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#564 Mar 10, 2014
Shem wrote:
<quoted text>

---======

You don't have to respond (make response) if you prefer not to be bum-rapped.
Go for it and take it!

Location hidden

#565 Mar 10, 2014
Knight Hospitaller wrote:
<quoted text>
Still nothing to say about Blockade and sanctions? I see you are running away from arguments as you just did once more.
I don`t argue with morons and liars such as yourself.
I only point out at your lies sometimes but to argue with you would be too much for you.

Location hidden

#566 Mar 10, 2014
boo ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Between these border skirmishes and the dropping of the A-bomb, what did the Russians do in the Pacific - that's right NOTHING!
Didn't even declare war.
Now, back to 1905 ...... no wonder you didn't want to mess with the Japanese!
We did more during 2 weeks than you did during 4 years.
Japan surrendered not because of your nukes, it surrendered because USSR had declaired war on Japan.
Shem

Bangkok, Thailand

#567 Mar 10, 2014
JBH wrote:
<quoted text>
---======
If you want to be on the Internet to speak, speak it then.
Who do you think you are? You are not like English people speaking the English that your English is of.
People would come to me or you, and you did so as well.
What makes you of any reasons by keeping on this and that about everything, country and people, that your inability with disturbed mind with no head does show, when being bashed back ?
.What a foul nut and language that you are.
This is Topix for supposed mature grown-up adults.
You are not one despite you are getting old.
Why do you speak to me and call hassling you?
They speak to me too while I don't think that way.
You came to speak to me about English and then you face up to it on the subject.
You don't have to response if you prefer not to be bum-rapped.
go for it and take it!
Who the f*ck do *you* think that you are stupid peasant farmer...? I don't speak like the English and I don't have to because I'm not English. The only reason you think that I speak English like the English is because ... you just don't know English at all, so you are confused. Only in North America the British English has a higher status than that local garbage that you speak for obvious reasons. But in Europe British English is the standard for the generic basic English. Of course in different parts they speak English differently, whether it be Holland, Sicily, Denmark or Czech Republic, the difference is that people in Europe have a lot more things to talk about due to rich and diverse cultural background. Whereas listening to the generic Canadian English is like watching the paint dry.... you can keep babbling all day, at the end of it you'll still be a stupid nonsensical idiot.:) I'm very much for diversity and free world, but to meet that condition it would have to be a world without *you*, i.e. without the Canadians, and *precisely* because I want it free and diverse and with no Canuckian peasant farm bullshit... Stay where you are and stop talking. Thanks.
Canuck

Canora, Canada

#568 Mar 10, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you nurse is looking for you........time for your meds.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#569 Mar 10, 2014
our emporer has it covered
keys vacay
mansions
golf
lobster n fries
more golf
it's good to be da king

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shutdown extends into workweek, as Senate talks... 3 min BHM5267 5
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Bongo 52,813
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,684,707
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 4 min Frankie Rizzo 935
News Supreme Court delays order for North Carolina t... 6 min BHM5267 4
News Bipartisan deal would create 12-year citizenshi... 8 min Impeach the Creep 252
News Conservatives balk at GOP plan to avert governm... 11 min spud 169
News Shutdown divides services into essential and no... 19 min RustyS 24
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 48 min U2R 2 of A Kind 2,657
More from around the web