5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia...

5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading Ukraine - Without Going To War

There are 3022 comments on the ThinkProgress story from Mar 1, 2014, titled 5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading Ukraine - Without Going To War. In it, ThinkProgress reports that:

Events in eastern Europe took a dramatic turn on Saturday as the Russian parliament cleared the way for President Vladimir Putin to use force in eastern Ukraine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThinkProgress.

I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#2458 May 9, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't accuse him of trying to hide his location. I said he was using a proxy. Which he is. And I didn't deny hiding my location which should be obvious to anyone who can read my profile lol.
So if you aren't a dumbass and a hypocrite you'll be able to explain why you thought using a proxy was a bad thing unless it was used to hide someone's location?
rio

Bromley, UK

#2459 May 9, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you aren't a dumbass and a hypocrite you'll be able to explain why you thought using a proxy was a bad thing unless it was used to hide someone's location?
Still arguing about nothing ...
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#2460 May 9, 2014
NAZI SOVIET ALLIANCE wrote;

"Is it the weakness of your arguments, the shallowness of your thinking, or your Russo-fascist politics that make you resort to crude insults whenever someone makes you look like the Fascist Idiot you truly are?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! "
----------

If I ever met Oliver-rio I'd thrash the living hell out of both of him.
rio

Bromley, UK

#2461 May 9, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
You are so immature...
Hawk

Kamuela, HI

#2462 May 10, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
continued...
After years of slashed European defense budgets, the United States now accounts for nearly 75% of overall Alliance defense spending. Almost three quarters! In 2000, the percentages were much closer┬Śmore nearly a 50-50 split.
http://nato.usmission.gov/sp-06172013.html
----------
See that?
THE UNITED STATES NOW ACCOUNTS FOR NEARLY 75% OF OVERALL ALLIANCE DEFENSE SPENDING
Well, what do you know, you finally learn to read the very links that you provide and now you understand that when they are speaking about NATO defense spending they are talking about each members spending on their national defense as individual nations, not the operational costs of NATO's budget.

You can say sorry to me at anytime for being wrong and causing such an unneeded fuss over you being wrong.

NATO isn't bankrolled by the US, NATO isn't controlled by the US, every member nation is equal and membership is granted by an a unanimous vote, which is why nations that have been seeking NATO membership like Macedonia have been blocked by Greece.

NATO isn't some all consuming juggernaut that eats nations and refuses to let them go, France left NATO for decades. What kind of merciless overlords are Americans for allowing a nation to drop out of our so called "Empire" during the height of the cold war? That is because NATO isn't controlled by America and member states aren't slaves.

Russia would never allow a single member of the Warsaw pact to simple leave their alliance for decades. They would have invaded them like they have with so many other nations.

Much like they are now invading Ukraine, Murdering Ukrainians and stealing Ukrainian land. All over Ukrainians wanted a better life for their people and to do so in peace.
rio

London, UK

#2463 May 10, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>

NATO isn't some all consuming juggernaut that eats nations and refuses to let them go, France left NATO for decades. What kind of merciless overlords are Americans for allowing a nation to drop out of our so called "Empire" during the height of the cold war? That is because NATO isn't controlled by America and member states aren't slaves.
Let's talk about that, shall we?

First, France never left NATO. France left NATO "military command" after asking the USA to remove their bases from French soil.
That was a crisis provoked by the USA, when they refused to answer President De Gaulle if the bases had nuclear devices, and they ban him from visiting them to check.
Banning a French President from inspecting bases on French soil is just an example of American contempt for its allies.

So, De Gaulle's reaction was to demand the closure of all US military installations on French soil and the departure of US personnel.
But that wasn't the end of it and the following contradict everything you say.

The USA would only depart if France settle all its debts to the US. The USA used their economic, financial power to force an ally to comply with their policy. DE Gaulle ordered all loans to be repaid in full and immediately, putting France finance into difficulties, rather than accept Washington blackmail. That was in 1964, it provoked a budget crisis in France, and a devaluation of the Franc. But De Gaulle wouldn't bow to the US.

So, your statement that the US don't act as overlord in NATO is completely wrong.
NATO is utterly controlled by the US, and for their benefit.

There is no NATO operation without the US. The expansion of NATO has only benefited the US. Only the US open bases and put missiles in other countries.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2465 May 10, 2014
Where's Dimitri the Russian peasant?
I guess, he is ready to tell us how to tell time now.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2466 May 10, 2014
Pesky army wrote:
Where's Dimitri the Russian peasant?
I guess, he is ready to tell us how to tell time now.
To idiot Pesky army..Sticks..SWG..Yep.

I told you before, every time you open your ignorant gob, you make a fool of yourself.

"Yep, yaps his ignorant trash as usual, what an idiot prawn. Hehehehe.

You are such an ignorant fool Yep, do us all a favour, keep your stupid mouth shut, that's a good boy. Hehehehe.

Just like most Americans, arrogant, nasty, brainwashed and pig ignorant. Hehehehe
NAZI SOVIET ALLIANCE

Surrey, Canada

#2468 May 10, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
NAZI SOVIET ALLIANCE wrote;
"Is it the weakness of your arguments, the shallowness of your thinking, or your Russo-fascist politics that make you resort to crude insults whenever someone makes you look like the Fascist Idiot you truly are?
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! "
----------
Yes, the constant lies and cowardice from those two are tedious.

Good luck catching those wimpy Russo-fascists!

Location hidden

#2469 May 10, 2014
NAZI SOVIET ALLIANCE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the constant lies and cowardice from those two are tedious.
Good luck catching those wimpy Russo-fascists!
You idiot Canadian Nazi, you have the Russians to thank,

they saved your ass in WW2,

you cowards did little or nothing.
NAZI SOVIET ALLIANCE

Surrey, Canada

#2470 May 10, 2014
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are so ignorant of history you do not know how until Hitler TURNED ON THEM, SOVIET RUSSIA was an ALLY OF NAZI GERMANY, and supplied VAST AMOUNTS of WAR MATERIAL TO THEIR FASCIST ALLY while Britain and Canada fought Fascism ALONE!

Is it SHAME at the FACT that Soviet Russia was an ALLY OF THE NAZIS that makes your third-grade teacher skip over history like that?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Location hidden

#2471 May 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, you are so ignorant of history you do not know how until Hitler TURNED ON THEM, SOVIET RUSSIA was an ALLY OF NAZI GERMANY, and supplied VAST AMOUNTS of WAR MATERIAL TO THEIR FASCIST ALLY while Britain and Canada fought Fascism ALONE!
Is it SHAME at the FACT that Soviet Russia was an ALLY OF THE NAZIS that makes your third-grade teacher skip over history like that?

Avenger

Cambridge, Canada

#2472 May 10, 2014
<quoted text>
There's a reason why they call him Dimwit100.
He's has no clue
Avenger

Cambridge, Canada

#2473 May 10, 2014
<quoted text>
He has no clue

Location hidden

#2474 May 10, 2014
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no clue
You are dogs.....you are filthy Nazi cowardly dogs, we all know that. Hehehehe.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2475 May 10, 2014
Can you tell us what time is it Dimitri?
I bet, you're not able to do it.

SWG

Since: Feb 10

Houston, Texas

#2476 May 10, 2014
Pesky army wrote:
Can you tell us what time is it Dimitri?
I bet, you're not able to do it.
LOL!!! Got to give it to you Pesky. You do know how to cut through the B.S....)))) Well done!
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#2477 May 10, 2014
I bet Dimitri went to Harvard too.

I can just see him strolling with the dons at Cambridge.

"What ho Dimitri - are you Grecian yet?"

"Nyet me read for Chaucer am."

SWG

Since: Feb 10

Houston, Texas

#2478 May 10, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
I bet Dimitri went to Harvard too.
I can just see him strolling with the dons at Cambridge.
"What ho Dimitri - are you Grecian yet?"
"Nyet me read for Chaucer am."
It's bad enough that he slanders the good name of Cambridge University by saying he went there let alone Harvard! Better to leave that one alone.....LOL Now just wait...his retort will be to post the same drivel and "MAYBE" add a few different name to the same dried out crap.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#2479 May 10, 2014
You know - Dimitri may have been editor of the Harvard "lampoon".

My bet would be his alma mater had a paper called the "prawn".

Cambridge best better check for any diplomas issued to deceased infants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former US ambassador, Cotton back Trump on Taiw... 2 min Chilli J 18
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 253,026
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,458,037
News In wake of election, undocumented students face... 12 min Justified 3
News Jobs report shows Trump to inherit solid but un... 12 min Mikey 37
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 12 min Le Jimbo 2,911
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 12 min Berlin Betty 2,010
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min freebird 403,629
More from around the web