Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 15,078)

Showing posts 301,541 - 301,560 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman in question was incapacitated.
My question had absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you wanted to see two dead persons.
The question put forth to you, based upon your answer it is not loving for the next of kin to refuse a life-saving abortion for her dying pregnant pro-life daughter, had extended to the dying pregnant daughter now being married. Her husband claims she told him several times she would want everything possible to be done to save her life if necessary. Including terminating a toxic pregnancy.
But the dying pregnant woman's mother is insisting her pro-life daughter would *not* want a life-saving abortion no matter what.
Who should make this call, Ink, in your opinion? The mother or the husband? The mother will forego the life-saving abortion so as not to chance her daughter's soul being separated from God. The husband would allow the procedure to save his wife's life so she can continue raising their children already born and meet her life's goals.
Ink, should the husband make the decision or the mother?
That is why we have courts. In most cases I would expect the husband to make the decision. I only object in the Shiavo case because he had ceased being her husband years ago and had a GF and children and a potential inheritance which presented a conflict of interests. Plus she had to be killed through starvation and dehydration.
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"No"? That's your answer to my question of "who"?
LOL, and I'M the "dropout"? Right, you stupid cabbage.
I already answered Sassy and you are still arguing.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered Sassy and you are still arguing.
But Katie wasn't asking about Sassy in that question. Do try to pay attention, Cabbage.

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it hard to see good motives when someone else is demanding the death of another especially when it does amount to making their own life easier. Nobody wants added burdens in their lives but sometimes we get them anyway. As a Christian, I do believe that we are asked to carry crosses we should accept those responsibilities with a good heart.
In all the writings and interviews I have seen and read, I don't find Michael Shiavo to be an honorable person. JMO. I hope I am wrong.
In Mr Munoz's situation, I have emense sympathy and can fully understand his reluctance to wait for the baby to be born. He had ligitimate concerns. I can also se the hospital's point of view in trying to follow the law as they read it. I think the family got caught in no man's land.
I doubt that what you've read with regards to Michael Schiavo, or the interviews you've followed, have been little more than those ultra right-wing trash-talking pieces that are nothing more, or less, than character assassination, and those bits that are "shocking" expose's that will do nothing but further solidify your hatred of him.
"Ink," I've gone out of my way to try understand you, to befriend you, to try to get you see things from a point of view you're not accustomed to, and for the efforts I've put forth, I've seen little in return...
From what I've observed of you, you do not stray from your "comfort zone."
You won't make any attempt to try to understand those with whom you disagree.
If you do make a foray into what you consider,"hostile" territory, it's usually only to cement your preconceived notions of what you'd thought beforehand.

You call yourself a "Christian," and yet you align yourself with the likes of "Sassy," and "NR..."
Ask yourself, seriously, what precisely are the traits they're displaying that qualify them as being "Christians?"

Better yet, in one word, what is the overall meaning of "Christianity?"
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that what you've read with regards to Michael Schiavo, or the interviews you've followed, have been little more than those ultra right-wing trash-talking pieces that are nothing more, or less, than character assassination, and those bits that are "shocking" expose's that will do nothing but further solidify your hatred of him.
"Ink," I've gone out of my way to try understand you, to befriend you, to try to get you see things from a point of view you're not accustomed to, and for the efforts I've put forth, I've seen little in return...
From what I've observed of you, you do not stray from your "comfort zone."
You won't make any attempt to try to understand those with whom you disagree.
If you do make a foray into what you consider,"hostile" territory, it's usually only to cement your preconceived notions of what you'd thought beforehand.
You call yourself a "Christian," and yet you align yourself with the likes of "Sassy," and "NR..."
Ask yourself, seriously, what precisely are the traits they're displaying that qualify them as being "Christians?"
Better yet, in one word, what is the overall meaning of "Christianity?"
Hey John, as I have told you before, you don't have to explain the other side to me. I can easily give that side of the argument too. If your efforts have been to make me pro choice or pro death, I can see why you are disappointed. To get to the points you brought up,
I watch an interview with Matt Laur, not right wing and I read Michael Shiavo's book. Again not right wing.

Like I said I hope I'm wrong about him. Only he knows.

I don't align with anybody but on some issues, I agree. On some I don't. I saw no reason for that woman to be killed and I still don't. When we start killing off human beings because they are serverly mentally impaired we give the more powerful in our society enormous control over our lives.

Christianity on these threads is a stupid cult, although the numbers are a little large to be a cult. To me, being a Christian in the true sense is to be as like Christ as possible. Most times we come up real short, but we know we did and try again.

Being a Christian, I do believe that we were created by God and He has plans for our lives. I know people who have had to contend with difficult situations with family members and without exception those folks are the strongest, most saintlike people I have ever met. They don't give up. They don't execute their children because they are disabled. Christ walked among the downtrodden, disabled and sinners. If they listened to Him, He made the well in their hearts and sometimes bodies.

Taking the side of the weak and vulnerable is Christlike.
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

severely------ don't want the typo police after me.
cry baby

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Are you mentally ill? Do you have an life oitside topix threads? You're pathetic.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
See if you can follow along, Witless.
THIS is the question I was talking about, Moron
"Answer this question. It is just for you. No stalling. No slipping out the back. No BS.
Is it love when any woman anywhere in the world refuses a life-saving abortion for her pregnant (pro-life) daughter dying from a toxic pregnancy? Is it love knowing her (pro-life) daughter will die from the refusal of medical treatment?
Yes or No?"
It was asked and you responded, "No but that isn't what she said."
My response was "What who said? ANY woman in the world?"
I was on track, you stupid cabbage. Feel free to go back and re-read, Idiot.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is feeding someone while they are alive not starve and dehydrate them for two weeks until you have effectively killed them.
If you are talking about someone who is brain dead or in a PVS, then no, that is not love.

AND, in YOUR world that is interfering with God. You can't have it both ways, Ink. Is there a God? Then why do you think it's okay to stand in the way of HIS will?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a raging lunatic. JMHO
You are putting all the emphasis on a person's physical body...the vessel. The actual person, in these cases, was gone.

The person was gone. All these people were doing was maintaining the vessel that person lived within.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

sassyjm wrote:
I recall a "vegetable" in the hospital. He was a teenageR. He was in a car accident. He had visitors galore. People crying, hanging out with him. Praying. Hoping. Then, no more but his mom and dad. My sister and i would visit him daily and talk to him. I looked into his eyes while praying for him. I , like many others, prayed for healing from God. He had irreversible damage. He was eventually sent out. I heard from my daughter a few years later that he came "out of his vegetative state". He was learning to walk, eat, etc....
Sadly, his mom had passed away.
Oh..you just had to know that Sassy was going to author another one of her "I knew someone" stories....lmao!!!

Thanks for being so predictable, Sassy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no "we" there. I was replying directly to Stupid Sassy, who WAS implying that she could have recovered, you stupid cabbage.
"...you stupid cabbage."

This one made me laugh.

You know what else is making me laugh? Thinking about the posts Ink wrote claiming she doesn't insult people, yet her posts are peppered with insults.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She's in a fun house somewhere looking through distorted mirrors. Looney is all I can say.
The only "distorted mirror" I see on here is your unprovable, nonfactual mythology.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She thinks euthanasia is mercy killing. Heck, she probably thinks retarded people or kids that are in living in poverty-starving, freezing, etc..should be mercy killed.
Clearly you've never had to euthanize a beloved pet.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Hey cabbagehead, stay with the conversation.My point was in response to peters regarding being in a vegetative state with little or no brain activity and how people can still respond or wake up. Terri clearly did respond to love and family and caregivers.
When my son was in a coma, They told me that he didn't respond to testing due to his TBI. He couldnt swallow, talk, move even after he came out of his coma. I was told he couldnT hear me. Eventually I told him to try TO wiggle his one toe if he heard me. He did.
This kind of story should've been in all the papers. Maybe even magazines, so by-all-means...show it to us.
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are talking about someone who is brain dead or in a PVS, then no, that is not love.
AND, in YOUR world that is interfering with God. You can't have it both ways, Ink. Is there a God? Then why do you think it's okay to stand in the way of HIS will?
His will is to purposely starve and dehydrate a person? I don't think so.

Do you think He wants all mentally incapacitaed people killed?
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

<quoted text>
"...you stupid cabbage."
This one made me laugh.
You know what else is making me laugh? Thinking about the posts Ink wrote claiming she doesn't insult people, yet her posts are peppered with insults.
You are right, I apologize for calling her brainless and souless. I don't need to point these things out.
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

<quoted text>
You are putting all the emphasis on a person's physical body...the vessel. The actual person, in these cases, was gone.
The person was gone. All these people were doing was maintaining the vessel that person lived within.
You could say that about a lot of people but we don't stop giving them food. I assume that you are in favor of euthanizing people that you feel aren't mentally contributing anything.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

<quoted text>
"...you stupid cabbage."
This one made me laugh.
Yeah, she's a hypocrite. She whines constantly about how mean and nasty people are, when she's the say way.

Glad I made you laugh :)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
His will is to purposely starve and dehydrate a person? I don't think so.
Do you think He wants all mentally incapacitaed people killed?
She wasn't just "mentally incapacitated", Cabbage. She was a vegetable, with extensive, irreversible brain damage, and zero chance of recovery.

Still, you can't on one hand say that your God MEANT for a woman with an unplanned pregnancy to NOT be able to avail herself of a medical procedure to terminate that pregnancy, and then claim that Terri Schiavo's condition was not the will of your God that medical science should have been used to sustain her indefinitely.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You could say that about a lot of people but we don't stop giving them food. I assume that you are in favor of euthanizing people that you feel aren't mentally contributing anything.
You want to continue implying that she was just mildly retarded, but otherwise fully functioning, that's fine. But it's a lie you're telling because you can't refute what we're saying, so that you are reduced to these lame attempts to demonize those you can't refute, and we ALL know this. Even you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301,541 - 301,560 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••