Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310344 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Kent, WA

#322135 Feb 17, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that an MRI wasn't done because of the stimulateor in her braim and Wolfson said it was. Also why didn't Michael want swallowing tests done that Wolfson thought should be done especially when the nurses said she had eaten jello?
My recall is an MRI was done prior to the experimental treatment. Once that treatment occurred, the MRI was out. I can no longer have MRIs due to elbow replacement. This used to be a good tool used by the neurologist. Don't know what to tell you, Ink. I think you see suspicious motives because you want to see these.

Without reviewing details of this decades old case, I'm thinking Michael didn't agree to the tests because the last time Terri had them done, she'd failed and gotten a bad case of pneumonia for her efforts. Would you put your loved one through that when you know in your heart of hearts your wife's inability to swallow is fact? It was her parents - who were not next of kin - who fought all the way. They're still fighting. And for what? Who've they've saved in these past 9 years? Besides themselves?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322136 Feb 17, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Teri was brain damaged but alive and not terminal. you are saying that she and other people like her should be starved until they die.
Why don't you try, for once, to address what I did actually say, okay? All you're doing is evading addressing any point I make by playing this game.

I will say, that Teri, even in a PVS, probably would be easier to have a discussion with than you.

Hmmm...maybe there should be a new classification..Persistent Cabbage-Head State.

Damn...is there a rock or a doorknob around that I can talk to...?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322137 Feb 17, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You should only use arguments that you believe.
Why? So you won't have to face your own hypocrisy? Once again, all you've done is avoid addressing my point.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322138 Feb 17, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: "Don't use the word of my God against me if you don't believe in him....it's not fair for you to take what God says literally, when it doesn't support my point."
Wahhhh.
The bottom line is that Ink couldn't refute my point. That much is clear.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322139 Feb 17, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I think humanity should take life without just cause? No.
Do you think Teri was happy being in a PVS? Do you think she wanted to be kept that way month after month, year after year? Do you think that's really any way for someone to live?

The person...who was Teri...was gone. Is there any good reason to keep a mindless body alive just laying in a bed forever?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322140 Feb 17, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rudeness should send Playa into delirium.
What has Playa got to do with my posts? Nothing, that's what. You're deflecting. You know I'm right. Your only concern is yourself and your own personal feelings. You're a self-centered pig.

Stop whining. If you can't stand the truth, you're free to leave.

It's not rude to call a pig a pig.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322141 Feb 17, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the belief Nazi now?
LOL, you're deflecting again.

Just observation of YOUR own actions here, Cabbage. You cherry pick like crazy.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322142 Feb 17, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Her body, mind and soul were alive even if damaged. She wasn't brain dead.
Her mind was gone. Her soul? prove it ever existed in the first place. Her body was there, yes.

She was in a persistent vegetative state, with extensive brain damage, 80% of her Cerebral Cortex and part of her brain stem GONE, with zero chance of recovery.

She was as good as brain dead.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322143 Feb 17, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the autopsy report like many others have and the final sentence of the neuropathy report from Teri's autopsy as written by the Chief Medical Examiner, Stephen Nelson reads;
"Neuropathic examination alone of the decedent's brain or any brain for that matter cannot prove or disprove a diagnosis of Persistant Vegetative State or minimally conscious state."
They should have checked with you.
The diagnosis wasn't made on "examination alone of the decedent's brain".

Your cherry picking the autopsy report just like you do your own bible.

Taking words out of context prove nothing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322144 Feb 17, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Was Dr. Jay Carpenter the only one of those 24 doctors to actually observe Mrs. Schiavo. Do you know? What I know is he observed her for a whopping 45 minutes. He did not, however, examine her.
Now the last guardian ad litem, Dr. Wolfson, observed Mrs. Schiavo for extended periods of time. "In doing this, I spent close to 30 days visiting with Terri each day -- for as long as 4 hours each day, including visits with her parents and her husband."
<snip>
"After spending hours with Terri, getting to know her parents and siblings and her husband, and reviewing all of the evidence, my conclusion was that the competent medical evidence provided in the the case, following the Florida rules of civil procedure and evidence, and according to the Guardianship law in Florida, which was carefully crafted over fifteen years of bipartisan political and religious efforts --- indicated by clear and convincing evidence that she was in a persistent vegetative state, according to the most credible science and medicine. I also concluded that based on the same Florida laws and rules, the trier of fact appropriately determined that Terri had expressed, while she was competent, the intention never to be kept artificially alive under such circumstances. The evidence supporting this included competent legal evidence demonstrating that she personally expressed those intentions at the funerals of two family members who had been on life support -- so it was contextual. Due to the conflict between the parties, I suggested that additional testing could and should be done but ONLY if the parties agreed in advance as to how the results would be used. We almost came to agreement on this option, but for legal reasons, one of the parties pulled out on the last minute."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles...
Guess Dr. Wolfson should've checked with you first, huh, Ink?
I read the first four or five. None of those actually did a physical examination. I stopped reading after that.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322145 Feb 17, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rudeness should send Playa into delirium.
How so?

Frankly, your insufferable arrogance puts me in a semi-coma.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322146 Feb 17, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What has Playa got to do with my posts? Nothing, that's what. You're deflecting. You know I'm right. Your only concern is yourself and your own personal feelings. You're a self-centered pig.
Stop whining. If you can't stand the truth, you're free to leave.
It's not rude to call a pig a pig.
I'm sure you'd tell her if she had mayonnaise on her chin, too...and she'd probably find you 'rude' for pointing it out.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322147 Feb 18, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you'd tell her if she had mayonnaise on her chin, too...and she'd probably find you 'rude' for pointing it out.
LOL, probably.

What a moron she is.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322148 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Due to the conflict between the parties, I suggested that additional testing could and should be done..."
There's your answer, right there at the beginning of the sentence discussing additional testing.
And Michael wouldn't agree to it, why?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322149 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
My recall is an MRI was done prior to the experimental treatment. Once that treatment occurred, the MRI was out. I can no longer have MRIs due to elbow replacement. This used to be a good tool used by the neurologist. Don't know what to tell you, Ink. I think you see suspicious motives because you want to see these.
Without reviewing details of this decades old case, I'm thinking Michael didn't agree to the tests because the last time Terri had them done, she'd failed and gotten a bad case of pneumonia for her efforts. Would you put your loved one through that when you know in your heart of hearts your wife's inability to swallow is fact? It was her parents - who were not next of kin - who fought all the way. They're still fighting. And for what? Who've they've saved in these past 9 years? Besides themselves?
My question would be, if Teri already had the tests done as you say, why would Dr Wolfson think it imoortant to do them again? I'm sure he wouldn't want to do anything to hurt Teri.

You also see suspicious motives on the part of her family. I don't know what suspicious motive there is to want to continue caring for their daughter and be left alone to do that.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322150 Feb 18, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? So you won't have to face your own hypocrisy? Once again, all you've done is avoid addressing my point.
No so that we both know what you are talking about because you are clueless when you refer to the Bible. Maybe you are more familiar with The Enquirer.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322151 Feb 18, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is that Ink couldn't refute my point. That much is clear.
You didn't have a point that was worth the time to refute and you wouldn.t understand anyway.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322155 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And Michael wouldn't agree to it, why?
Read the transcript, the doctor SAID why.

Stop cherry picking, Cabbage.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#322156 Feb 18, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether animals go to planned parenthood for abortions is irrelevant to the subject of whether an offspring can also be that of an animal; isn't it stupid?
YO! Noah,.....go back in your ark. Only when you decide to come clean about who you are usually known by on here, are you allowed out. Make sure you bring your brain and comprehension skills with you. K? Kthanks.

Now, back to the discussion here..abortion..the killing of a womans offspring.

Hey, I am not 100% sure but there might be animal forms here on topix. Perhaps you can start your very own forum about cute lil animals and their offsprings.

You're too cute when you act clueless.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#322157 Feb 18, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You do. After all, I'm what YOU call a "pro-abort." So, given the very words of your own post when you say "You proaborts have no respect for anyone whom you don't find worthy[,]" then it's a given you do care. How much you care? That's what's irrelevant.
Awww sweetie, are you desperately seeking my attention? That's cool but I am talking about you proaborts in regard to the unborn and unworthy victims whom are vulnerable to your bullying.

I can give you a cyber hug if it makes you feel cozy inside.

Why are you in disguise?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 3 min Pietro Armando 1,202
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Gobbles Pole 1,263,648
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min NTR1 336,713
News March, civil disobedience planned next month in... 4 min Nothing But The T... 17
Hillary continues to get hammered online 5 min Amy 10
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min An NFL Fan 190,191
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 min Eagle 12 10,843
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Jacques Ottawa 194,566
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 42 min dirtclod 171,828
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 1 hr Le Jimbo 91
More from around the web