Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,640
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316477 Nov 24, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
July 30, 2013.
Gee and I thought it was being taken up next year. You and Bit, who didn't even know about the law must be fortune tellers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/18/nyregion/ne...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316478 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I forget that many people don't see anything wrong with kids living at one place, with parents at another.
When my parents divorced and I started only seeing my dad every other weekend, it had no impact at all. Eyes roll.
That has nothing to do with your infidelity.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316479 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee and I thought it was being taken up next year. You and Bit, who didn't even know about the law must be fortune tellers.
from your link, "But the fate of the proposal now lies squarely in the hands of Mr. Bloomberg’s successor. The Court of Appeals is not planning to take up the case until next year, after Mr. Bloomberg is out of office, leaving the decision to pursue the case up to the next mayor."

Like I said, I "predict" it's not going anywhere. It's been shot down twice now.

What're you and the troll so scared of here? It's okay for you to stomp all over women's civil rights but god forbid you be denied sugary soda drinks?

Really?

<thud>

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316480 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet not ONE person is being prevented from drinking as much soda as they like.

You may want to pretend that something that MAY happen in the future is now fact, but that's because you're dishonest.

Again, I know of no law that stops anyone from drinking any size soda they like. There is no such law currently in effect. My statement stands.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316481 Nov 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with your infidelity.
Kids being raised in non traditional situations causes all kinds of problems. You never know what kids are taking from any living arrangement.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316482 Nov 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet not ONE person is being prevented from drinking as much soda as they like.
You may want to pretend that something that MAY happen in the future is now fact, but that's because you're dishonest.
Again, I know of no law that stops anyone from drinking any size soda they like. There is no such law currently in effect. My statement stands.
It was the intent and the possible implementation that he was talking about that you were unaware of. We will let you know what the court decides.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316483 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids being raised in non traditional situations causes all kinds of problems. You never know what kids are taking from any living arrangement.
Which has nothing to do with the original point.

There is no need to for YOU to tell someone else to pay attention, when YOU can't do it, Hypocrite.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316484 Nov 24, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
from your link, "But the fate of the proposal now lies squarely in the hands of Mr. Bloomberg’s successor. The Court of Appeals is not planning to take up the case until next year, after Mr. Bloomberg is out of office, leaving the decision to pursue the case up to the next mayor."
Like I said, I "predict" it's not going anywhere. It's been shot down twice now.
What're you and the troll so scared of here? It's okay for you to stomp all over women's civil rights but god forbid you be denied sugary soda drinks?
Really?
<thud>
According to you it was all settled last summer, which it wasn't.

Bloomberg nor DeBlasio will never stomp on your right to kill your fetus but they will create a nightmare for stores and restaurants and make sure that people only drink what they want them to.

God Bless America.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316485 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the intent and the possible implementation that he was talking about that you were unaware of. We will let you know what the court decides.
No, that is not what his intent was. YOU pay attention.

He was accusing me of supporting such a law when it doesn't exist.

Why do you bother, Witless, when it's obvious you can't keep up?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316486 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bloomberg nor DeBlasio will never stomp on your right to kill your fetus but they will create a nightmare for stores and restaurants and make sure that people only drink what they want them to.
God Bless America.
Nonsense. Not only will people still be allowed to drink soda, they'll be able to drink all the soda they like. Restaurants wouldn't be able to sell soda in certain sized containers, that's all.

However, that wasn't his point. He was assuming a support of "libtard" laws based only on my support of a woman's right to choose what to do about her own uterus and pregnancy.

He's an ass. AND stupid to boot. If you wish to be associated with someone like that, be my guest. I, for one, am glad someone like that is not on my side of the debate.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316487 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
God Bless America.
I admit I went solely by the info the troll provided. His quote ended with the court stating they were overstepping their duties. I agree with that.

But don't ignore you and the troll were all acting as if this was already a ban in place which it is not.

And I doubt even if a democrat becomes mayor they'd take it up. The candidate plainly made it clear he'd have to review the state's claims. Not to mention the republican candidate said it would go no where if he were mayor.

Again, when there've been over a 100 new laws put into place in various states for the sole purpose of restricting and chipping away at women's civil rights, don't whine about one mayor in one state wanting his city to be healthy.

Don't call that "nannying" when your AC side's patriarchy is openly trying to shut down Planned Parenthood.

You and the troll could learn a valuable lesson here... but I doubt either of you will.
Gtown71

Perkinston, MS

#316488 Nov 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Every woman should have the equal right to make a choice for herself involving her medical/surgical needs and because she is a woman and the only one who can get pregnant, that includes terminating her pregnancy. I propose this Gtown. Since it takes two to tango the man that impregnates a woman that doesn't want to be pregnant but can't get a safe abortion, he should be castrated. Now how many males do you think would grab their nuts and say "uh uh, these are my family jewels..........government and society has no right to make this legal.
It does take two to tango, and abortion has many victims.
the males have no say, but I do believe if a guy wants a girl to abort, and she doesn't, then he should be able to sign out. I realize many do anyway, and don't think any real man should, BUT if we gonna have legal abortion, then guys should be able to legally abort from the situation for any reason, just like the girls can.

I've never said there was an easy answer, becouse there's not, but what we have now isn't very good at all.

Plus the government gets involved now after a certain time, so even they acknowledge the unborn child and it's rights, but many of us feel the should acknowledge the child sooner.

Its just a mess. I hate it for all invited involved.
Gtown71

Perkinston, MS

#316489 Nov 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You paid with your social standing, and the end of your marriage...and you caused your former wife to pay as well...for YOUR misdeeds.
How did having an affair THREATEN YOUR LIFE, you smug sonofabitch?
Well I've only been married once, and still am "by God's grace, and wife's grace ",but my social standing shouldn't be hurt at all, if those "social "people actually believed in their heart, what they say they do with there mouth.

Example -sin is just self indulged nonsense, and that all morals are up to each individual person. Now since many don't believe in God, nor His word, and believe all can do as they please in this life, them why would those people "like you " have any issue with my affair??

Hypocritical much??:)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#316490 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many people convicted of murder have been found not guilty through DNA?
311, eighteen were on death row.

Location hidden

#316491 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It does take two to tango, and abortion has many victims.
the males have no say, but I do believe if a guy wants a girl to abort, and she doesn't, then he should be able to sign out. I realize many do anyway, and don't think any real man should, BUT if we gonna have legal abortion, then guys should be able to legally abort from the situation for any reason, just like the girls can.
I've never said there was an easy answer, becouse there's not, but what we have now isn't very good at all.
Plus the government gets involved now after a certain time, so even they acknowledge the unborn child and it's rights, but many of us feel the should acknowledge the child sooner.
Its just a mess. I hate it for all invited involved.
gtown, for the millionth time, abortion is legal to keep it safe.
Gtown71

Dallas, TX

#316492 Nov 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>gtown, for the millionth time, abortion is legal to keep it safe.
After reading my post, I realized the government doesn't care about the unborn, and only has a cut off time, becouse after that it may be harmful to the woman who is pregnant with a child she wishes to not be pregnant with, and is willing to have that childs life stopped, since there is no other options atleast for her at that time.

I realize abortion is legal.
I realize women can choose to be pregnant or not, but no matter how one says it, there are only a few ways for a pregnant woman to become unpregnant.

She has the child.
Her child dies while inside her naturaly
Her child dies inside her unnaturally.

Location hidden

#316493 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? it is legal in all states.
It's not free. When restrictive laws are passed such as requiring ultrasounds, counseling and other tests be done prior to, it drives up the cost which makes it more of a hardship on women already struggling financially to get an early and safer abortion. When this happens and she has to wait weeks before she can afford it and if she's still determined to terminate, the fetus is further along and the more risk there is to the mother. Then there is transportation because clinics close for whatever reason they do. So imo, we're going to see an increase in later term abortions being done than is presently reported.

Location hidden

#316494 Nov 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, you knew nothing of the controversy on the soda ban. Don't play catch up now.
It was national news.

Location hidden

#316495 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading my post, I realized the government doesn't care about the unborn, and only has a cut off time, becouse after that it may be harmful to the woman who is pregnant with a child she wishes to not be pregnant with, and is willing to have that childs life stopped, since there is no other options atleast for her at that time.
I realize abortion is legal.
I realize women can choose to be pregnant or not, but no matter how one says it, there are only a few ways for a pregnant woman to become unpregnant.
She has the child.
Her child dies while inside her naturaly
Her child dies inside her unnaturally.
You said "they shouldn't get pregnant". There is one more way a woman can avoid pregnancy Gtown and I understand why you can't say it because you failed to do it yourself. You should have kept your d*ck in your pants. But you didn't did you?
Gtown71

Dallas, TX

#316496 Nov 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G.
I hope all is well with Foo, too. And any of the others who have been absent for awhile.
G, I was at my local Walgreen's yesterday and they also had a sign stating the store would be open 24 hours on Thanksgiving day. 24 hours!!
Methinks eventually Thanksgiving will go the way of the dinosaurs.
If you are interested, Time.com has a plethora of stories and opinion articles on the whole subject. According to one article (heavy on stats) Black Friday is dying a slow death because of the stores being open on T-day and the Christmas sales starting earlier and earlier.
Ha! Retailers are killing their own "holiday"!!
While many others are wearing their credit cards thin I'm going to be on the trails running my dinner off.
Have a peaceful Sunday, G.
It seems we are our worst enemies.

I remember when many /most stores were closed on Sunday, but no longer. I talked to the owner of a large groc. Store, and he started opening on sun about 15 years ago. He said he had to, since other stores did near his, but again if those stores were closed, people would buy more on mon. Plus people could spend more time with family, but honestly I'm not sure many people even care anymore, as long as they can buy what they want, when they want :(

The auto parts store thingy is truly sad to me. I'm sure the folks that work there hate that sign they see everday.

Autozone closed early one time for a holiday, but I can't remember which one. It was one hour early, and the guy inside said he would just like them to come slap his face instead. Funny /not funny (:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 min observer 4,174
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Valerie 262,467
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min woodtick57 1,110,458
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Uncle Tab 153,582
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 13 min woodtick57 25
Judge restores part of Indiana gay marriage suit 17 min Frankie Rizzo 5
UK party leaders promise Scotland new powers 18 min woodtick57 19
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Dogen 116,639
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 3 hr woodtick57 100
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••