Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312013 Sep 23, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe a former Catholic knows so little about the church like you do. Maybe if you knew more you would not have left. If someone is protestant and marrying a Catholic, yes they can get married, if a Catholic marries a Muslim or Jew, they have to get an ok from the Bishop.
I find it really sad and telling that these people who have rejected Christs church, can be so ignorant of it. It sounds to me, with all sincerity, that they must have been raised or exposed to unloving people who tarnished their image of the RCC.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312014 Sep 23, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nobody wants to take away your rights."
That statement is a LIE, Inky, because the anti-choice crowd has made it very clear that it DOES want to take away women's reproductive rights by pushing to make it illegal. Republican politicians are also doing their best to take away those rights by passing draconian legislation that seriously restricts our access to both contraception and abortion.
But hey, you keep telling yourself that LIE if that's what makes you feel better. Just don't expect me to buy it as "fact" when I know it isn't.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
They can only make laws that the Supreme Court rules legal. And we all trust the Court to be correct in theur judgements. Don't we/
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312015 Sep 23, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Aged, my dear! How are you? I hope all is well. As far as Knit's claim, her answer, or non answer rather, was to ask my uncle. Considering he's not the one who's making the claim, it would be rather idiotic to ask him. The thing is, I'd hate to think she'd lie on the Roman Catholic Church and spread a fallacy, however, if she had proof that photographing a gay wedding is a mortal sin per the Vatican, she would've produced it.
You don't understand, which is why she suggested that you ask your Uncle. It would seem the obvious that you would go to him to confirm what she said or to cease the opportunity to catch her in (what you are accusing her of)a lie. Personally i don't think that you want to understand.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312016 Sep 23, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me official proof of this? I'd appreciate it.
We don't attend a celebration that offends God. What's not to understand. Don't you live by your morals and principle's? Your presence somewhere or lack of, speaks volumes.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312017 Sep 23, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand, which is why she suggested that you ask your Uncle. It would seem the obvious that you would go to him to confirm what she said or to cease the opportunity to catch her in (what you are accusing her of)a lie. Personally i don't think that you want to understand.
Still waiting for you to let us know how many children you've adopted since you think it's oh-so-easy.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312018 Sep 23, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> I find it really sad and telling that these people who have rejected Christs church, can be so ignorant of it. It sounds to me, with all sincerity, that they must have been raised or exposed to unloving people who tarnished their image of the RCC.
They work hard to make the Church what they want it to be.

Unfortunately, when they rejected the Church, they also rejected God, morals and good sense.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312019 Sep 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe after she finishes paying off that sweet single-wide trailer house of hers, she can git herself one o them baaaabies. Lol
Tis true that I am paying off my RV but it's not single-wide. I push a button and the sides slide out 75% of the length of the camper...turning into a double wide RV home.

:)

Tis also true that I'd love to adopt a child. I would have adopted the oņe you aborted as well. I would have loved that bay and raised it as my own.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#312020 Sep 23, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Ask your uncle, or was he reprimanded?
Why didn't you just answer her question instead of using this evasion tactic?

I know....because you were WRONG.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312021 Sep 23, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> I just had a hysterectomy....
I guess you're useless now.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312022 Sep 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, although my doctor did hand me a piece of paper with an abortionists name on it when he saw how upset I was to be pregnant. Guess he didn't know me very well. On the other hand I have gays friends and there is no possibility that I would ever commit a hate crime against them.
I am indeed sorry that some gays have been targeted with violence.
They are wiping out Christians in Pakistan and Syria.
I made sure that I had a prolife Dr. He wojld never suggest killing my child.

I think that violence against anyone is a crime. Nobody has a right to do that. It's unexcusable and evil.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312023 Sep 23, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
FYI for the Catholic fanatics here, I have seven good reasons to love being what I call Catholicism-Free (CF for short):
1. Not having to deal with constant and tedious preaching about "sin"
2. No long and boring church services and sermons to ruin my Sundays
3. No sweat or hassles about the weekly drag known as "confession"
4. Not having to pop out more kids than I wanted because of Catholicism's anti-contraception doctrines
5. Not having to give any of my money to the church's blood-sucking hierarchy by the church-based practice of extortion known as "tithing"
6. No worries about my child being a victim of one of the Catholic Church's vile pedophile priests
7. Freedom to decide for MYSELF on all important personal matters like sex, marriage, and reproduction
Personally, I find it a gross obscenity that a group of male clerics in dresses has the arrogance to believe it has the "right" to rule over millions of women's lives. Luckily for me, I can and DID -- kick all of this toxic church's baggage to the curb so it wouldn't ruin the quality of MY life. I celebrate that decision every day.
For me, being Catholicism-Free (CF) ROCKS. It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained to a regressive and oppressive religious institution.
WooHoo!!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312025 Sep 23, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
You hang out on abortion forums.
So do you.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312026 Sep 23, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> We don't attend a celebration that offends God. What's not to understand. Don't you live by your morals and principle's? Your presence somewhere or lack of, speaks volumes.
What's the point of being omnipotent if you can still be offended. Bummer.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312027 Sep 23, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you.
I am here on behalf of the victims. I am their voice. I am the voice of truth.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312028 Sep 23, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
catholic doctors are not concerned with pregnant women having heart attacks or cancer. They would just as soon they die as long as they can salvage the fetus.
Yes I am equating the bodies rejection of pregnancy. The woman/girls brain is part of her body is it not? The problem you have is not caring about 500,000 spontaneous abortions, but caring deeply if a woman/girl uses her mind in the rejection of pregnancy.
Religion is misogynistic. I have read the book it screams off the pages. Not my problem that you bow down to it and refuse the truth. Bow all YOU want, don't expect the same from me? Comprende?
This is one silly post. You have no idea either.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312029 Sep 23, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>I made sure that I had a prolife Dr. He wojld never suggest killing my child.
I think that violence against anyone is a crime. Nobody has a right to do that. It's unexcusable and evil.
I think that was just his automatic reaction to a girl crying when he told her she was indeed pregnant. It was strange, he never said a word, just handed me the phone number and left the office. Great bedside manner. I have no idea why he thought I would want an abortion. I just needed time to get used to the idea.
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312030 Sep 23, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> This is one silly post. You have no idea either.
My reaction to that post was that it was absurd.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#312031 Sep 23, 2013
"sassy jm"
I am here on behalf of the victims. I am their voice. I am the voice of truth.

sounds like you are another pompus anti choice ass

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#312032 Sep 23, 2013
"Ink" brayed like an ass
Unfortunately, when they rejected the Church, they also rejected God, morals and good sense.

bullshit,i don't need some imaginary friend to have good morals or sense,
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#312033 Sep 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to let us know how many children you've adopted since you think it's oh-so-easy.
Why do think that someone's child
should be yours?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 1 min johnplustwomore 2,225
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 2 min slavery lives 83
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Enter 1,251,807
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 7 min Silent Echo 3,535
News Hillary Clinton Takes Big Hit In The Polls 7 min mjjcpa 111
News Obama blasts Scott Walker's policies in visit t... 14 min woodtick57 27
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min woodtick57 192,339
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 23 min woodtick57 186,416
News Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trum... 38 min Cracker 81
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr woodtick57 333,030
More from around the web