Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317482 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#311349 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
One more reason that it will be anything but a free country soon.
These proaborts have NO idea how their evil stance (supporting the right to kill their baby because they're unwanted) is setting us up for a total disasterous outcome. It's acceptable to kill your own child.....so.....ANYTHING goez. The Pandora's box was blown open the day abortion became acceptable.

Just wait and see. There is no respect for human life especially your own child. Scary.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#311350 Sep 17, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler, one of your fellow proaborts tricked his girlfriend into taking an abortifacient.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/16/18...
Your fellow proabort is being charged with FIRST-DEGREE MURDER, a charge that could carry a life sentence.
The law sees the preborn baby as more than a "product of conception"....hence the MURDER charge.
The baby's mother said her boyfriend "came to my house with the pills, his WEAPON of choice."
Interesting indeed!
Katie

Pacific, WA

#311351 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, I'll let her answer. It won't be any different.
Go on, Ink, let her answer the post directed to her. Maybe you would answer a post directed to you while you're at it?

Care to explain why *you* find it so easy to believe some people would think "some lives" are not as important as others?
Katie

Pacific, WA

#311352 Sep 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
One more reason that it will be anything but a free country soon.
Ever hear of divide and conquer? Of the PL & PC sides, do you know who's behind a lot of it?

It's not the PC side.

It's funny you're fearing the USA not being a free country when you're side is actively trying to criminalize abortion. Your leaders dole out tons of propaganda and you keep asking for more instead of learning what's real and what's not.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311353 Sep 17, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>
"If a pregnant woman is in a car wreck(previability) and they have to remove the uterus to stop the bleeding that's killing Mom, would you call that an abortion? No you wouldn't."

Yes, in fact I would. It ends the pregnancy, does it not?

"Removing the tube that contains the embryo, is not a direct killing."

Yes, it is. Is there any chance the embryo will live? No, it dies, immediately, and so it IS a direct, deliberate killing of the embryo.

"Most likely it isnt alive anyway."

Nonsense. If it wasn't alive, the tissue would break down, and be reabsorbed into the woman's body. It's BECAUSE it is still alive and growing that it presents a danger to the woman, you moron.

"Nobody is doing any dance here but you in your attempts to justify killing AS CHOICE."

I am doing no such thing. You are the one, in fact, that is dancing all over the place to pretend the removal of an ectopic pregnancy is not the abortion that it is.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311354 Sep 17, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
U <quoted text> Nope. Try again.
Oh, no, that's exactly what it was....you ASSuming that she did NOT need an abortion to save her life.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311356 Sep 17, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Abortion discriminates against the humans in the womb. You control freaks are bullies who think because your baby is in a vulnerable situation, that you can claim rights to kill them. My children were never held *hostage* in or out of the womb. When my baby was hungry, I didn't wave my breasts over their head to show control. Hey lookie baby, I have the freedom to feed you or not and there is not a damn thing that you can do about it. If I CHOOSE to feed you, I will...and if not...too bad...you're dead.
Your lack of ability to refute my claims, either that an end to the legal ability to persecute doesn't constitute persecution, or that anyone has the 'right' to discriminate against others for sexual orientation reasons, is duly noted...

And so is the fact that you are pretty weird.

What mom 'waves [her] breasts over their baby's head to show control? "Hey lookie baby, I have the freedom to feed you or not and there is not a damn thing that you can do about it. If I CHOOSE to feed you, I will...and if not...too bad...you're dead...?"

You're a total freak, m'dear.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#311358 Sep 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Ink bemoans the perceived loss of her former freedom to treat other people poorly, on the basis of sexual orientation.
Wahhhhhh.
Unless she upholds a business owner for refusing to provide services to a customer on the basis of race or religion, as well as sexual orientation, she is a blatant hypocrite...again and still.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311360 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Bitler, you are wrong! There are two types of abortion, one is through miscarriage , not the woman's fault,something was not right with the mother or baby. in fact most of the time when this happens the mother is full of sadness. The other is direct, and kills the child intentionally. Ectopic pregnancy always ends with the death of both mother and child. The baby cannot survive in the fallopian tube for nine months and when the baby grows, the baby bursts the tube and both mother and baby dies. There are ways that are being done to transplant the baby but its a ways off. Its not an intentional killing of a child like regular abortion. I am ashamed of you when you say that a miscarriage is just like an intentional abortion, that both are the same. Many women suffer great sadness when they lose a baby through miscarriage. For shame on you esp since you say you work with pregnant women.
I am not wrong. You can't read. I said spontaneous or induced, did I not? Removing an ectopic pregnancy is a direct, deliberate, induced abortion. It is NOT a spontaneous abortion. It is a deliberate action that directly kills the embryo. Period. I never said the embryo could survive. I'm begging you, learn to read properly.

Why on earth would I care what a hate-filled, bigoted liar thinks of me?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311361 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>For someone who works supposedly in the medical field , you don't know anything.
LOL, I do, and I do. You are wrong.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#311362 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Nasty nana seems to threaten, doesn't she. What does she mean by reap the consequences? She could persecute us, but Christ will bless us for standing up for what is right. I would rather be persecuted than give in because I want to have Eternal Life with Christ.
Naughty Nana hasn't posted here for a couple of years now, and what I meant by 'reap the consequences' is this sort of thing:

A same-sex couple who requested a cake for their wedding in January but were refused service by a Gresham bakery have filed a complaint with the state, alleging Sweet Cakes by Melissa discriminated against them based on their sexual orientation.

Oregon's Bureau of Labor and Industries' civil rights division will investigate to determine if the business violated the Oregon Equality Act of 2007, which protects the rights of gays, lesbians, bisexual and transgender people in employment, housing and public accommodations.

It's the 10th complaint to the state in the last five years involving allegations of discrimination in a public place based on sexual orientation or gender identity, according to the bureau.

The Bureau has not formally begun investigation, let alone handed down a verdict in this case...however, the bakery discovered quite quickly that "bigotry baked right in" does not sell wedding cakes. They lost so much business, that the shop had to close due to lack of revenue.

The free market is a wonderful thing.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#311363 Sep 17, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>These proaborts have NO idea how their evil stance (supporting the right to kill their baby because they're unwanted) is setting us up for a total disasterous outcome. It's acceptable to kill your own child.....so.....ANYTHING goez. The Pandora's box was blown open the day abortion became acceptable.
Just wait and see. There is no respect for human life especially your own child. Scary.
I have more respect for all life, than you have for any life other than a fetus'. Including your own daughter's life.

Scary? No. Unless one is your daughter, I guess....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#311364 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ will bless us for standing up for what is right. I would rather be persecuted than give in because I want to have Eternal Life with Christ.
If Sweet Cakes by Melissa had been refusing to bake wedding cakes for Catholics, I have a feeling you'd be just as upset as those lesbians. Of course, if they sold ONLY to Catholics, you'd likely be perfectly okay with that.

*shaking my head*

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#311365 Sep 17, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Suppose he manifested himself in FooFoo!
Suppose he manifested himself in the Devil.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#311366 Sep 17, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>You have some sick fantasies about me. I am not comfortable with being the object of womens fantasies. I'm used to being mens though.
I'm sure a lot of men fantasize that you're scrubbing their toilets and doing their laundry while they get with a hot, sexy woman.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#311367 Sep 17, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant, and spot-on, STO. I couldn't agree more. Thanks for putting it so perfectly.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Thank you, Ocean.

Those on the AC/PL side who preach sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin AND using a condom is a mortal sin shouldn't be bothered by abortion. The woman is "going to hell" whether she has an abortion or not.

You'd think since she's going to hell (and the guy too) the crazy religious AC would overlook the using a condom part.

But noooooooo! They have to become parents on their way to hell.

It's nuts. Mindboggling I tell ya.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#311368 Sep 17, 2013
Businesses have no religious rights. The law is quite specific, and they have a duty to follow it.
No Relativism wrote:
Give gays an inch, they'll try to strip First Amendement rights.
New Mexico judge rules Christian photographers cannot use religious freedom to refuse shooting gay couple's wedding pictures.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765636407/...
Gays lack discipline. They are overreaching and will lose support fast. This case will likely reach SCOTUS.
Derp.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#311371 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>The child is already dead by having no means of nutrition etc. You did say kill, now isn't deliberately killing a child born or unborn wrong and insidious?
You are wrong. If the embryo was already dead, there would be no NEED to remove it. The tissue would disintegrate, and be reabsorbed into the woman's body. If it wasn't still alive and growing, it would pose no danger to her.

You're an idiot.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#311372 Sep 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Because she's not a Christian you moron.
My lord, your kind just get stupider with time.
OH DEAR ..You mean you're not banned !!!!! Lol

Why don't they ever believe the truth when they hear it !!!!

Good to see you ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#311374 Sep 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo!!!!!
But I'm sure that the "right to kill" crowd won't like what you said.
I said what I meant ..I usually do .

Many successful women ..in and out of careers ..have raised wonderful kids ..male and female to do better than they did ...as used to be the goal.

They taught their daughters to strive for their dreams .

Done it all without espousing elective the Roe legislation.

Freedom comes in many ways ...for women ..

And they are not limited by their belief or non belief in elective abortion.

We differ ...we are NOT all the same .

That does not makes traitors or less equal to pro choice women.

I find it a shame that conservative women who have made it are seen that way ..it is a litmus test

And now I've said it a few times,.

You and I agree ...others don't ...that's,life ...

And , that's this forum ..

We will all go on with our lives ...no one changes their minds .

If folks in the PC side now are arguing that abortion is a consecutive over contraception as,I saw..cannot believe its better for the woman..But hey ..what's a medical procedure more or less ..diaphragm and condoms are so dangerous ..if other methods not feasible ..right ???

The world is worse than I thought .. Good to see you Sue

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Earl 1,601,288
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 3 min Minnesota Mike 19
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Ms Sassy 289,431
News 3 arrested after assault on Border Patrol agent 3 min BIGD 11
News Election tampering by Russia still without evid... 6 min Dee Dee Dee 20
News Jimmy Kimmel blasts Sen. Bill Cassidy over 'Kim... 12 min Big Al 17
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 25 min dumbazz tracker 30,966
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 47 min Just Think 9,908
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 1 hr southern at heart 240
More from around the web