Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312860 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296450 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to thank you for the info you provided. I knew Reagen let the Fundies inside the Republican Party's pockets, but didn't see the Commie scare as the beginning of the whole thing. Also, it'd be interesting to see Foo weigh in on it.
LOL Oh no. Not getting into THIS discussion here. I like too many of the opiners <<grin>>. I'm a citizen of Israel as well as have many relatives there. Lost the bulk of the relatives on my grandfather's side to Auschwitz, and 2 cousins who died AFTER leaving on the MS St. Louis only to be denied entry to the US by the president, and returned to concentration camps. My cousins fought in the 6 day war, and ..... I guess I think I'm a bit too close to the subject.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296451 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And the Croatians were not allies....so they could just keep getting slaughtered...and the Biafrans were not allies, so they could just keep starving...and the Rwandans were not allies, so they could just keep getting gang raped...we didn't care.
And if the Israelis were 'doing it on their own', we wouldn't feel the need to keep sending them billions, and shield them with an 'Iron Dome' from their 'persecutors'.
Please, the hypocrisy is obscene.
So who do we go kill was my question. We do send aid to those places. Shall we use military.. I'm ok with it. IS this administration.
I'm serious. Israel can use the soccer give to help them fight.

Besides the supplies we send what do you propose to stop the Rwandans

How about the Sudanese Muslims who persecute Christians
do we kill them too . Let's send them.

I am not a hypocrite. We do what we can. Or have the will to.
Saddam killed thousands of his own people. And this country is torn apart because went
And I am not convinced there were no END when we first wanted to go.
Moved to Syria. But anyway. He was a monster. But Bush was wrong

Will Obama's supporters go along with us going into Africa.
Will you??

I say if there is a clear target. Lets get them. Will our president?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296452 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and on the worship question...I pray I would be strong enough to resist even an outward show. But under torture you can only pray to be strong.
I would never not move Jesus. And just cant imagine my life would be worth keeping in the situation you describe.
people have died professing the faith. I hope I would be strong enough.
You would be.

I remember when I was about 8 or 9, my grandfather started telling me stories about how our family was rounded up (and other families too, but at that age, I was focused on OUR family - I didnt realise the enormity of it until I was older), and I asked him what I thought was a very simple question:

How come when they came to the doors, didn't you just tell them you weren't Jewish?

He told me, they couldn't. LITERALLY couldn't deny who they were. It never even occoured to them.

I didn't understand that as a child, but as I've gotten older and met so many survivors, I do, and I'd like to think I'd do the same as they did - NOT deny who they are and deal with the consequences of that admission. My grandmother would get furious when he'd tell me these terrible stories about what happened in Auschwitz - and he replied "If I could live it at her age, she can hear about it."

I'm glad he did, as he died when I was 13, before I was old enough to know the RIGHT questions to ask, y'know?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296453 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and on the worship question...I pray I would be strong enough to resist even an outward show. But under torture you can only pray to be strong.
I would never not move Jesus. And just cant imagine my life would be worth keeping in the situation you describe.
people have died professing the faith. I hope I would be strong enough.
So you would rather die than worship Allah.

Sounds like a pretty strong argument for FREEDOM FROM RELIGION to me, Rose...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296454 May 16, 2013
Lol Israel can use the aid not soccer. No idea where that came from.

They made their own country survive..They are surrounded by genocidal maniacs.we help them sure but it is their survival they fight for and fight well.
They took desert and got food from it. And now other countries want to annihilate them and take their land and weapons and whatever they have.

I hope we always keep them allies ad I have said all afternoon.

If we want to go kill some dictator responsible for genocide and rape lets send in the VIA or an army..If you think it will work.
Gtown71

United States

#296455 May 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Stupid, Israel's G-d aint your jebus. And its not about G-d either way. You're stupid on so many different levels, its truly disgusting.
You're wrong, but hey not a shock at all.

Now if you're implying that many / most people in Isreal doesn't worship Jesus as God, then you're correct, BUT jesus is God over Isreal and every other speck of ground on the.planet. He is also your God, whether you like it or not.

One day you will bow your knee and tell Him that to the glory of the Father.

What kinda god do you claim or do you just claim to be part of a religious movement somewhere?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296456 May 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Oh no. Not getting into THIS discussion here. I like too many of the opiners <<grin>>. I'm a citizen of Israel as well as have many relatives there. Lost the bulk of the relatives on my grandfather's side to Auschwitz, and 2 cousins who died AFTER leaving on the MS St. Louis only to be denied entry to the US by the president, and returned to concentration camps. My cousins fought in the 6 day war, and ..... I guess I think I'm a bit too close to the subject.
Hey foo sent you an email
What you said here isa
Exactly what my point was this afternoon. Israel deserved a home country then and now. Sorry you had such a close up example.
There was no country to take the refugees. And for that reason alone Israel should never Be in that position again.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#296457 May 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong, but hey not a shock at all.
Now if you're implying that many / most people in Isreal doesn't worship Jesus as God, then you're correct, BUT jesus is God over Isreal and every other speck of ground on the.planet. He is also your God, whether you like it or not.
One day you will bow your knee and tell Him that to the glory of the Father.
What kinda god do you claim or do you just claim to be part of a religious movement somewhere?
G, this is quite an arrogant post.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296458 May 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Oh no. Not getting into THIS discussion here. I like too many of the opiners <<grin>>. I'm a citizen of Israel as well as have many relatives there. Lost the bulk of the relatives on my grandfather's side to Auschwitz, and 2 cousins who died AFTER leaving on the MS St. Louis only to be denied entry to the US by the president, and returned to concentration camps. My cousins fought in the 6 day war, and ..... I guess I think I'm a bit too close to the subject.
Miss Foo...I humbly apologize if my comments have offended you - especially since I do think the Jewish State is worthy of our help, and I don't begrudge it, much as it may seem so to Rose.

I simply don't think Israelis are MORE worthy of our help than others among the persecuted, or that Jewish People have MORE right to a homeland than Palestinian People do.

But I also am not close to the situation, especially not in a familial way. So again, if I've seemed callous, or offensive, I do apologize.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296459 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Foo...I humbly apologize if my comments have offended you - especially since I do think the Jewish State is worthy of our help, and I don't begrudge it, much as it may seem so to Rose.
I simply don't think Israelis are MORE worthy of our help than others among the persecuted, or that Jewish People have MORE right to a homeland than Palestinian People do.
But I also am not close to the situation, especially not in a familial way. So again, if I've seemed callous, or offensive, I do apologize.
Nope, no need to apologize, nor have I taken any offence, many feel that way, including myself in a way.

Most Jews I know believe that Palestine deserves a state as well, simply not as a part of Israel's land. Why doesn't Egypt free up land for them as well?

One of the biggest issues that I can see, is that by granting them the land they WANT, would leave Israel effectively land-locked, surrounded on 4 sides by hostile nations. And that's just a tiny part of a large, complex issue.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296460 May 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong, but hey not a shock at all.
Actually, I'm NOT wrong at all.

Israel is a JEWISH nation. The G-d of Israel and the Jewish people is NOT jesus. Never was, never will be.
BUT jesus is God over Isreal and every other speck of ground on the.planet. He is also your God, whether you like it or not.
Seriously? FUCKYOU Gtown. Your jesus is NOT my g-d, nor is it g-d of the Jewish faith. Its NOTHING to the Jewish faith. How ignorant and arrogant of you to try to tell ME who MY faith's G-d is.

It is NOT Jesus. Grow the hell up and deal with it.

I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to grasp, when the rest of the world understands it just fine, but that's your stupidity and blindness, not anyone elses.

You child - do NOT tell me or ANYONE ELSE who their G-d is. I AM telling you that ***your*** jesus is shit to me. 100% Meaningless.
One day you will bow your knee and tell Him that to the glory of the Father.
Bullshit. I wont EVER bow to your jesus. Not now, not ever. If ONLY beause I will NEVER bow to anything that would claim the likes of YOU as one of its followers.
What kinda god do you claim or do you just claim to be part of a religious movement somewhere?
I am of the Jewish faith, a practicing Jew. Neither I nor ANYONE of the Jewish faith claims your version of g-d. Hell, most CHRISTIANS dont claim YOUR bastardized version of g-d for that matter.

You spit on your g-d with every bullshit post like this you make.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296461 May 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be.
I remember when I was about 8 or 9, my grandfather started telling me stories about how our family was rounded up (and other families too, but at that age, I was focused on OUR family - I didnt realise the enormity of it until I was older), and I asked him what I thought was a very simple question:
How come when they came to the doors, didn't you just tell them you weren't Jewish?
He told me, they couldn't. LITERALLY couldn't deny who they were. It never even occoured to them.
I didn't understand that as a child, but as I've gotten older and met so many survivors, I do, and I'd like to think I'd do the same as they did - NOT deny who they are and deal with the consequences of that admission. My grandmother would get furious when he'd tell me these terrible stories about what happened in Auschwitz - and he replied "If I could live it at her age, she can hear about it."
I'm glad he did, as he died when I was 13, before I was old enough to know the RIGHT questions to ask, y'know?
I have read a lot about the camps and the war. But what you said about your grandparents has me in tears. This,abomination touched many generations. When I read about what your grammar said about living through. All I could think of was the phrase "never again"

I do like to think I could never deny God. Deny Jesus. I pray I am never put to that test.I am afraid of pain but pray I would be strong as your family was. ISRAEL was forged on the blood and determination of people like them:)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296462 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey foo sent you an email
Okay sweetie, I'll check it in a few before I got to sleep!
What you said here isa
Exactly what my point was this afternoon. Israel deserved a home country then and now. Sorry you had such a close up example.
There was no country to take the refugees. And for that reason alone Israel should never Be in that position again.
What happened on the MS St. Louis is almost a lost footnote in history. Many Jews dont even know about it, let alone remember it. It was a disgrace of not only OUR nation, but Cuba and Canada as well. I agree with you on that.

There's an interesting book that Michael Chabon wrote called the Yiddish Policeman's Union, where in a look at an alternate history, what would have happened if Israel took the land of Alaska for Israel, instead of the Middle East. Interesting book!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296463 May 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
G, this is quite an arrogant post.
His ignorance is only overshadowed by his arrogance. What bullshit!
feces for jesus

Williston Park, NY

#296464 May 16, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosnell identified himself as a caring doctor that was just doing his best for his female patients. I think that he even said that he treated them like he would his own daughter. Was he correct?
Go ask him. My comments were about a different topic but you go off on your own tangent....
Gtown71

United States

#296465 May 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
G, this is quite an arrogant post.
Yes it is, but it is the truth, truth in love??? Only God knows.

I stake my entire being and that of my family, that it is true.
Perhaps I shouldn't let foo get me so arrogant. That's my bad :(
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296466 May 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, no need to apologize, nor have I taken any offence, many feel that way, including myself in a way.
Most Jews I know believe that Palestine deserves a state as well, simply not as a part of Israel's land. Why doesn't Egypt free up land for them as well?
One of the biggest issues that I can see, is that by granting them the land they WANT, would leave Israel effectively land-locked, surrounded on 4 sides by hostile nations. And that's just a tiny part of a large, complex issue.
And they want Jerusalem.:( the other states would never let a peace happen .

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296467 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I simply don't think Israelis are MORE worthy of our help than others among the persecuted, or that Jewish People have MORE right to a homeland than Palestinian People do.
Just one more comment about this part of your post:

I happen to agree with you on the first part - 100%. Period. No question or modification, you're simply completely correct.

As to the second part, its not that they have "MORE" right to a homeland, it IS their homeland - fought for and won - long acknowledged by the world INCLUDING Egypt, and thus shouldn't be chopped up to appease a regieme that's dedicated to wipeing OUT the Jewish people, y'now?

For that matter, too many assholes in the world aren't just like the warmongers there, but like OTHER assholes like our very own Gtown, who think its all about jesus, when in FACT, that has little or NOTHING to do with it politically or ideologically. Those fools would be fighting a war for the wrong reasons, trying to make it about THEM and their version of faith while pretending its about protecting Israel for Israel's sake.

Israel is populated by and theologically about many faiths in its origins, but its the homeland to only one - the Jewish faith and its people.

THe same can be said about many nations however, so how many do we make a priority and for what reasons? I think THAT is the question. I think that's why so many Jews took to the situation in Darfur, why there's such a deep connection there. You might enjoy this article - you too Rose:

http://www.aish.com/ci/s/52292422.html

Now I know I'm going to be attacked by the religous freaks here, but they're a joke and everyone knows it. These are MY views and MY feelings, and they've got more basis in fact than those idiots views.

G'nite all! Till the 'morrow!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296468 May 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is, but it is the truth, truth in love??? Only God knows.
Since your claim is that your jesus is the Jewish G-d, no its not the truth, and G-d already knows that.

So do all NORMAL people.
I stake my entire being and that of my family, that it is true.
Then you, and they - are fk'd.
Perhaps I shouldn't let foo get me so arrogant. That's my bad :(
No, that's you ignorant and stupid. I dont "let" you get anything. You REFUSE to be educated, that's on you.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296469 May 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay sweetie, I'll check it in a few before I got to sleep!
<quoted text>
What happened on the MS St. Louis is almost a lost footnote in history. Many Jews dont even know about it, let alone remember it. It was a disgrace of not only OUR nation, but Cuba and Canada as well. I agree with you on that.
There's an interesting book that Michael Chabon wrote called the Yiddish Policeman's Union, where in a look at an alternate history, what would have happened if Israel took the land of Alaska for Israel, instead of the Middle East. Interesting book!
Have to look at it . Hope can get a sample on Madame. The thing is..the history was Israel. The Temple. The Patriarchs.

The Thoenes have written books centred on each country ad Hitler took over. And then a series on the founding of the Jewish State. And what they found there. They have fictional characters but I learned a lot about Hitler's strategy. He just basically walked all over them.
And the attitude of other countries in not accepting the refugees. Admittedly no one knew how bad it was but still.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret CIA assessment says Russia intervened in... 2 min Mikey 98
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Aquarius-wy 1,460,461
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min District 1 231,241
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min USA 13,254
News Cooper names NC governor transition team Read S... 9 min Muffy Pierce 18
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 11 min Trump your President 3,234
News White rage and racist thought: How history puts... 13 min Mikey 98
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 27 min replaytime 217,131
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 29 min Trump failed Us 404,335
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr Duke David 686
More from around the web