Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311342 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#295849 May 13, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont have to play games Gtown, I have the intelligence to understand that the FACT is that removing ANH from a patient does NOT make them starve to death.
When you remove food and /or water from a person long enough, they die. It's pretty simple, but you like to blurr the lines.

The same would happen to a new born babe, if you were concerned about such.

Terrie layed there untill she died from lack of water /food.

If you were to do a dog the same way, you would be facing charges, yet that's the world we live in, thanks to folks who think like you, and like I used to, BEFORE I met God, and He saved my soul.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295850 May 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Suffering REQUIRES consciousness, idiot. Why do you think they administer anesthetics for surgery? Unless you can use a topical block for specific areas, you have to put the patient under. When the patient has no consciousness, there is no pain.
<quoted text>
That is not exactly true in general. They routinely test for pain stimulus in coma. Etc.
it is one sign of progress or deterioration ..bottom of foot with sharp object..sternum with pressure..etc sometimes they react..

Also look for reaction of pupils.. sometimes not..No idea with TS

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#295851 May 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Ummm...I presume the pets are already deceased? I can't condone committing suttee with the pets.
Cremation takes time, you may need to hunt down the extended dance mix of "burn baby burn". There's also "we didn't start the fire", "hot stuff", "hot child in the city", and "light my fire".
<quoted text>
For my money, they can play all of the above, plus "Burnin' for You", "Hot-Hot-Hot", "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes", and of course, "Ring of Fire" by the illustrious and inimitable Mr. Johnny Cash....

:)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295852 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you remove food and /or water from a person long enough, they die. It's pretty simple, but you like to blurr the lines.
Patients that have ANH removed do not die of starvation. Period. Scientific fact. Deal with it idiot.
Wrong moron. Read the autopsy that's been posted numerous times. She died as her systems shut down, and from dehydration. A peaceful death, as many of us who've sat with loved ones who died the same way can attest.
If you were to do a dog the same way, you would be facing charges
If my dog was brain dead as Terri Schiavo was, I'd have it PUT down peacefully, something we cannot offer our loved ones.
, yet that's the world we live in, thanks to folks who think like you, and like I used to, BEFORE I met God, and He saved my soul.
Fk your soul, that's as meaningless as you are you stupid shit.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#295853 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same would happen to a new born babe, if you were concerned about such.
If you were to do a dog the same way, you would be facing charges, yet that's the world we live in, thanks to folks who think like you, and like I used to, BEFORE I met God, and He saved my soul.
My belief system includes the idea that every living entity has a soul - most especially dogs.

If you really believe that souls your Creator crafted in his own image, need to be 'saved', I really believe that's the biggest flaw in your reasoning about everything else...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295854 May 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My belief system includes the idea that every living entity has a soul - most especially dogs.
If you really believe that souls your Creator crafted in his own image, need to be 'saved', I really believe that's the biggest flaw in your reasoning about everything else...
Better way to put it..we believe..the person on his oen does nothing to merit heaven. We are all sinful to one degree or another.
THE GIFT OF SALVATION is there.. done over atoned.paid for sin.......but we believe it has to be accepted..
:)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295855 May 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My belief system includes the idea that every living entity has a soul - most especially dogs.
Btw way it can be as simple as s person calling out yo God on his deathbed..Or s life in which salvation hopefully shines through with good works..Buy it is the FAITH that saved..NOT THE WORKS..
SOME RELIGIONS teach it differently....but this is how most Christians believe. THE RCC teaches it a bit differently but basically the same message. NO SIN IS TOO GREAT!!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#295856 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think this was common sense, but as elise put it, they don't like being bothered with facts, and use their own education system :(
No, I said no such thing. I said that you, specifically and singularly, have an aversion to education. You are a blatant liar.
Gtown71

United States

#295857 May 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
So you truly believe people AND animals have a soul???
Yet pitbulls that kill other animals go to the same doggy heaven as the little cute house pups?

Hitler, and many other evil men go to the same place as folks who never harmed a fly?

If you truly believe we have a soul "and we do " why not seek the God of that soul, for what He says will happen.

Heaven allows no sinners, so we have a problem if we've ever sinned once.

Only made rightous, by the blood of the Lamb -Christ Jesus.

There may come a day, like terrie s, where I don't know Jesus as Lord and Savior, let alone my own name, BUT HE IS FAITHFUL, AND HE REMEMBERS 'HIS " COVENANT HE MADE WITH THE FATHER AND ME.

My hope is built on NOTHING LESS, then Jesus Christ, and His Rightousness.

Location hidden

#295858 May 13, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well have to say..Sure didn't go hungry. Lol..12 of us with kids and grandkids.( sons family and his wife's)''Big brunch at very historic spot.Very nice..
Hubby been very nice past week..so got him his Jack Reacher movie ( we never buy movies)'So he's happy and I can play on kindle:)
He tried to drag me at Christmas but neither one of up to sitting so long in theatre..so I guess it just came on pay per view..5 months..very turn around????? No idea..And cheaper than going to boot!!!
Anyway nice day.. thank God..
HOPE yours was as well:)
It was perfect. I slept and slept after working a sixty-hour work week. My son had sent me a nice gift last week.

Location hidden

#295859 May 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
What is it your jesus said? When you marry, you leave your parents and cleave to your spouse? Legal marriag spells it out--the spouse becomes the primary kin and makes medical decisions when they cannot. Her parents were delusional concerning her condition.
Medically speaking, there is no difference between a respirator and a feeding tube--both are extraordinary measures for prolonging ife. When a dx of brain death (or PVS) is made, the guardian has every right to remove such measures.
You have no idea what he was thinking; you make assumptions based on your distaste for the situation. Having been through it, I can tell you it's not what you seem to think. Keep in mind that she would have slipped away YEARS earlier without the parents' legal maneuvering without ANY positive change in her condition.
<quoted text>
That aszwipe is a complete ignorant and an unscrupulous liar, to boot.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295860 May 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It was perfect. I slept and slept after working a sixty-hour work week. My son had sent me a nice gift last week.
SOUNDS like great day lol just what you needed

Location hidden

#295861 May 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Because they aren't brain-dead. There's a medical definition of brain-death/irreversible coma/PVS that doesn't apply to dementia. Not to mention that most patients with demenia feed themselves, with or without assistance.
<quoted text>
I think I've already shared my Dad's story: After a long, gentle decline, Alzheimer's finally took away his ability to swallow and a MRSA infection dealt the final blow. He had a very clear advance directive. Yes, he died of dehydration, finally. His mind was gone; his heart chugged on for several days until it didn't. His was a natural death. Too many people misuse modern medicine to keep their loved ones bodies alive, just because they can. I see this futility a lot. It's pathetic and heartbreaking.

Location hidden

#295862 May 13, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention his strong aversion to intelligence and common sense.
I noticed he claimed his wife was "simple".
I wonder if she would be "simple" enough to be offended at being called "simple".
Of course, one would HAVE to be "simple" to put up with such stupidity as he shows.
He is an ass.

The End.

Location hidden

#295863 May 13, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying. No hospital, hospice OR nursing home would allow that. They would be banned from seeing him.
<quoted text>
You DO understand that she hadn't "eaten" in over a decade, right?
You seem to think that she was munching down on cheezeburgers and chicken and it was being held back from you. You are dumber than dirt.
I must admit its funny when you and your kind continue to mouth off when you CLEARLY have ZERO idea what the hell you're talking about.
I deal with families who try to make medical orders for the patient that are detrimental to the patient. This type of family brings medicine and food from outside that the patient shouldn't have, insists that the patient is experiencing symptoms that the patient denies, etc. I know this usually comes from place of love, but it is not useful.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295864 May 13, 2013
Guilty!
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295865 May 13, 2013
Three guilty verdicts! First degree murder, Gosnell is GUILTY

Location hidden

#295866 May 13, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are for Euthanasia, you are not pro life at all. Do you know what Christ said about the most vulnerable? What ever you do to the least of your brother, you do to Me ...so in other words you are putting Christ to death. Every life is important, from conception to natural death.
Schiavo finally was allowed a natural death. She was brain dead, and would have died much earlier, naturally, if they hadn't kept her alive using unnatural methods. She wasn't killed. You don't know what you are talking about.

Location hidden

#295867 May 13, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>she went without food for how long? She starved.
No, she died of dehydration. The body can survive for weeks without food. Again, you don't know what you are talking about.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295868 May 13, 2013
GREAT!!!
GUILTY ON THE BABIES AND THE MOM..says he may get death..I say save the state money. He goes in general pop..imo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min ROY 1,395,323
News Donald Trump Targets Illegal Aliens: - We Are a... (Nov '15) 2 min KING_TUT 87
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min Born USA 3,458
News Adios, Three Amigos: Obama heads to last summit... 3 min Denny CranesPlace 17
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dr Guru 216,784
News Supreme Court Immigration Ruling Leaves Million... 6 min Cat74 53
News How the White House prepared for Brexit 6 min BHM5267 21
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Sharrp Shooter 388,111
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 1 hr OK Barry 1,348
More from around the web