Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314357 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#292494 Apr 15, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Are Drs God now? Who says Drs can cure all? Was our grandparents criminals for being sick while pregnant since they didnt see a Dr?
I personally don't agree with most Drs treatments. Some women are given drugs of allnsorts while pregnant. I think THAT is criminal. Even treatments they offer for yeast infections during pregnancy(which is common) is not tested on the babys long term. Thats one example. Some are given hardcore drugs that are not good for developing babies.
What constitutes "not taking care of yourself while pregnant"? MANY women get sick their whole pregnancies. Arenthey criminals? Many eat crappy foodsnwith pesticides while pregnant. I didnt. Are they onsidered criminals?
"Are Drs God now? "

Are legislators doctors? Too complex a question for ya.

And again, you didn't answer my question.

If she completely disregards her condition (being pregnant), and the health of her pregnancy suffers for it, you believe she should not be charged with a crime? Remember now, this is in context of abortion being illegal and the sentence for having one is 25 yrs to life.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#292495 Apr 15, 2013
WOMEN choose to medicate during pregnancy; oddly, they don't call you for permission.
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Are Drs God now? Who says Drs can cure all? Was our grandparents criminals for being sick while pregnant since they didnt see a Dr?
I personally don't agree with most Drs treatments. Some women are given drugs of allnsorts while pregnant. I think THAT is criminal. Even treatments they offer for yeast infections during pregnancy(which is common) is not tested on the babys long term. Thats one example. Some are given hardcore drugs that are not good for developing babies.
What constitutes "not taking care of yourself while pregnant"? MANY women get sick their whole pregnancies. Arenthey criminals? Many eat crappy foodsnwith pesticides while pregnant. I didnt. Are they onsidered criminals?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#292496 Apr 15, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>sure. He's probably extremely gay himself & hates "gayness" for that reason........oh well, too bad for him i guess
Yeah, it's probably a case of self-loathing.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#292497 Apr 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
WOMEN choose to medicate during pregnancy; oddly, they don't call you for permission.
<quoted text>
Being that I work in a pharmacy and have had many pregnant patients during the almost 13 years I've been working there, pregnant women aren't prescribed medications like candy. The pros and cons are seriously weighed. As long as we're informed of a patients pregnancy, as you can't always tell by looking at a woman if she's pregnant, the pharmacists always double check the safety of the medication before dispensing it. If there's any doubts, the pharmacist will verify it with the doctor to find out exactly what's being treated and if something safer can be prescribed, if possible, and the patient is informed of the risks. In fact, the FDA has established categories for medication when it comes to use during pregnancy.

http://chemm.nlm.nih.gov/pregnancycategories....
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#292498 Apr 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they all say TERMINATION of the pregnancy is what's mandated, and sometimes, that's by abortion. FACT. Deal with it Lynne.
LOL, this comes from a lesbian who won't have anything to do with a male or pregnancy. Get real foo , you know nothing about being pregnant, its your choice you chose not to be a real woman. You are wrong, foo .
Katie

Kent, WA

#292499 Apr 15, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
so what you are saying is it's ok to be a nosy parker about someone else's pregnancy, as long as it's for reasons "you" agree with.
got it.
The above in no ways paraphrases what I said. Try again.

Before you do, though. Answer this.

Would you prefer a 32 week fetus aborted because woman's health/life is in imminent danger over that of an 8 week unwanted/unhealthy embryo?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#292501 Apr 15, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, this comes from a lesbian who won't have anything to do with a male or pregnancy. Get real foo , you know nothing about being pregnant, its your choice you chose not to be a real woman. You are wrong, foo .
Actually Knutter, I'm more of a woman than you'll EVER be. I took one of the children YOUR kind couldn't be bothered with.

And you're insinuating that women that choose not to have chilren aren't "real women"?? Lady, you're WAY more fuckedinthehead than I thought you were.
Gtown71

United States

#292502 Apr 16, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock of shit. If one believes in God then they are ALREADY one of His children. Your meaningless jesus has nothing to do with that.
Satan believes in God.
Gtown71

United States

#292503 Apr 16, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is the truth whether one wants to hear and accept it or not. Abortion kills a living,developing human. That human is the offspring of that woman. These are facts. You people support and/or participate in this evil act and you(like the poster pointed out) need prayers.
Do you really think that going before your God/creator on judgment day(the day you die) is going to be good when you attempt to [email protected] your way out of explaining why you supporting killing what/whom God willed to exist and created in his/her mothers womb? Do you think that God is okay with you trying to play him or be him(like Lucifer did when he was cast out of heaven)?
This forum is discussing abortion. God says that you are either WITH him or AGAINST him.
Do you think that a person locked up in prison shouldn't be if they committed a crime against humanity? Is it ungodliness to point out his crime? Or do you ONLY use that card when discussing those who defend the preborn? You're fooling nobody hut yourself.
Well said!!!!!!
Gtown71

United States

#292504 Apr 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, it sounds like fairy tales and myths.
I agree with you!!!
What is normal "for our minds " about a Godman comming from Heaven, living a life we never could, to make a way, for us to live a life after we die forevermore???
Yet what else do YOU have? A tiny dot, the size of a period at the end of the sentence began to spin so fast, it exploded into all we now see and know. Notice the period? Kinda small :)
Talk about fairy tales?!?!?
Choose this day which fairy tale you wish to accept, becouse one may appear to be a fairy tale, but it is very much real.
Gtown71

United States

#292505 Apr 16, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you support restrictions on elective abortions?
Others pregnancies are not your business remember? Nobody cares what YOU think.
Don't want a late term abortion..don't have one? If a woma wants to kill her fetus as it is coming out of the womb...oh well..not your business..its her medical decision right? In fact if she wants to kill the baby out of the womb...well....don't judge her.
Aren't I a good person now?
Yet again, well said!!!
Ocean56

AOL

#292507 Apr 16, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
Are you on auto-reply? Repeating the same crap over and over swithout even readjng what your replying to?
I said; A WOMAN WHO CONCEIVES IS THE BIOLOGICAL MOTHER.
Yeah, sASSy, and I said: only if she WANTS to be. Meaning only if she WANTS to be a mother, which many women don't.

Don't like my saying that? Too bleeping bad. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy does happen. If a woman doesn't want motherhood, she isn't required or obligated to accept it.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#292508 Apr 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Knutter, I'm more of a woman than you'll EVER be. I took one of the children YOUR kind couldn't be bothered with.
And you're insinuating that women that choose not to have chilren aren't "real women"?? Lady, you're WAY more fuckedinthehead than I thought you were.
Aw, Foo's upset, too bad. I am right on the target, you chose not to follow God, you hate God because you think its okay to slaughter God's Image. When you admit you are a drug addict, there is a high possibility of neglect was going on when you were supposedly raising your adopted daughter, if you ever had one.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#292509 Apr 16, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>No she didn't say anything about full term and preeclampsia or abortion being the treatment if the woman is full term. She quoted from the website..."The only safest way to cure pre-eclampsia is to abort or deliver the child. She also said....."This conversation, regarding pre-eclampsia and abortion or early delivery". Early delivery is not full term.
Once again, you post not knowing wth you're talking about. Seems to be a habit of pro-choicers here.

Katie's post that I was referring to, regarding my use of the words "full term";

"My youngest was born under these circumstances. After I was admitted to the hospital on Christmas Eve following an OB appt. My oldest went full term, but the pre-ecclampsia began rearing its ugly head toward the end of that pregnancy. My second full term pregnancy was designated high risk right toward the end of the first trimester due to protein in my urine. Why that op acts as if I don't know what I'm talking about is beyond me. Apparently STO is right. She was there, a fly on the wall, during all my OB appts."

Both of her children were bo0rn at "full term", and she had preeclampsia at the end of one pregnancy and at the end of 1st trimester for another. BOTH pregnancies went "full term".

You make yourself look totally clueless when you post, not having any clue what you're talking about because you can't follow what we're posting about in the first place.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#292510 Apr 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what you're talking abort, Ayaka. It's the op projecting her inability to follow the conversations.
LOL! Holy crap, even the one who posted about her pregnancies going "full term" and having preeclampsia doesn't have any clue what I was posting on when I used those words. Talk about CLUELESS.

Not one of you PC can follow what's being said, or why, or what's being referred to, and all of you jump in as if you do. Making yourselves look like idiots.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#292511 Apr 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
Heh! Ayaka, see my typo? S/b about, not abort.
:-|
<groan>
Your typo is the least of the reasons you should "<groan>" about what you posted.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#292512 Apr 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what you're talking abort, Ayaka. It's the op projecting her inability to follow the conversations.
Just to let you know, becauseI know you won't see it yourself; you're the one who just displayed you can't follow the conversations and proved that what you posted is in fact you projecting your inability to do so.

What a bonehead you are.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#292513 Apr 16, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, this comes from a lesbian who won't have anything to do with a male or pregnancy. Get real foo , you know nothing about being pregnant, its your choice you chose not to be a real woman. You are wrong, foo .
"its your choice you chose not to be a real woman"

So by your thinking women who are unable to get pregnant are not "real" women.

That's really cold, Knut.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#292514 Apr 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you!!!
What is normal "for our minds " about a Godman comming from Heaven, living a life we never could, to make a way, for us to live a life after we die forevermore???
Yet what else do YOU have? A tiny dot, the size of a period at the end of the sentence began to spin so fast, it exploded into all we now see and know. Notice the period? Kinda small :)
Talk about fairy tales?!?!?
Choose this day which fairy tale you wish to accept, becouse one may appear to be a fairy tale, but it is very much real.
I'm not saying the Big Bang is fact. It's a theory, but one that is being heavily researched.

What we do know is there is a vast Universe out there full of things you believe a God created, yet most of it (that we've seen and studied) appears empty, cold and dead, so why did God create such vast nothingness?

I would like your actual opinion on that, not scripture please.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#292515 Apr 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"its your choice you chose not to be a real woman"
So by your thinking women who are unable to get pregnant are not "real" women.
That's really cold, Knut.
What is cold and cowardly is supporting the slaughter of over fifty five million pre born children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In U.S. presidential first, Trump prays at Jeru... 1 min Sandra 86
News New 'Blue Lives Matter' laws raise concerns amo... 2 min Retribution 46
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 min superwilly 84,712
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min RiccardoFire 2,796
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min Lilly 25,671
News Hillary Clinton to address Wellesley College gr... 5 min Frogface Kate 58
News President of NYC Young Democrats Arrested on Ch... 7 min RustyS 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Justice Dale 240,948
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 23 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 270,633
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min My New Alias RULES 1,536,393
More from around the web