Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,687
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290545 Mar 26, 2013
So, who spoke for all men that made the draft universal for all males?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hate to see women on the front lines, but for certain would hate to see girls being made to go, becouse a few want to stand up and speak for all women.
Most women who scream about womens rights, are not considering that those women can speak for themselves, it is more about control with them.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290546 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you are too old to be drafted if what the former sec of defense concerns come true.
SHow us these "concerns" from the Secretary of Defense. I just did a search, and Hagel hasn't said shit about it.

THere's been no conscription since 1973. If it wasn't reinstated after 9/11 when America was actually attacked, it would have to take something SERIOUSLY radical to force a draft again.

Oh and BTW you moron?

CONGRESS would have to change the Military Selective Service Act by extending to women its requirement that all male U.S. citizens and permanent residents register within 30 days of their 18th birthday.

In THIS Congress, its not like ANYTHING is getting done. Your grand-daughters are safe unless they volunteer. Its your grandsons that are screwed.

But hey, you dont care about them. You're "used" to it.

Keep clucking Chicken Little.

Location hidden

#290547 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

She is only for choice if it involves the possibility of aborting a fetus.
Stop outright lying Inkstain.

Oh wait - you can't.

Carry on twit.

Location hidden

#290549 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just a flat out lie. I never said that although that is the norm now.
I never said you said it you ass, LEARN TO READ.

It was the norm THEN too stupid. YOU made the claim that what kids dealt with back then was ""mostly positive", and THAT is a flat out lie.

Location hidden

#290550 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently she feels the draft is a foregone conclusion.
And you know what? Maybe is is one day in the future - but it would take an act of Congress to change how the draft works, and who would be drafted.

No intelligent person can envision a Congress that would enact a draft women in it.

A volunteer military is a completely different animal than one filled by a military draft.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#290551 Mar 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Fine. Get his ass on the phone.
<quoted text>
He doesn't need a phone.
"Watch for Falling Rocks"

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#290552 Mar 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>How did you gauge right and wrong before you adopted your new beliefs? I was taught basic ethics by the people who influenced me as a young child. These teachings were reinforced by experience. In my case, I was instilled with a solid set of moral values and had a childhood free of serious mental trauma. Why don't you read a text on human development and psychology?
Okay, that's the end of our interactions. Bubbye.
Exactly Elise. 20 some odd years ago or more *cough* I bought into the whole organized Baptist religion thing. I found myself "hoping" I had pleased God and fearing constantly that I had done something to offend God because there are so many "critics" out there. Most of them were fellow Baptist. Then I took an Ethics class while in Nursing School. Next to Anat & Phys, and Biology, it was one of my favs. Passed it with A's haha. Of course it got controversial at times, but it opened my mind and my eyes. I for one do not need religion to define for me what is morally correct. I think it's natural to know. Comparatively, there are few human beings that absolutely do not know right from wrong.

Location hidden

#290553 Mar 26, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a lesbian. Damaged goods. I hate her soul.
Wow.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290554 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know what? Maybe is is one day in the future - but it would take an act of Congress to change how the draft works, and who would be drafted.
No intelligent person can envision a Congress that would enact a draft women in it.
A volunteer military is a completely different animal than one filled by a military draft.
If a draft ever happens again, and women aren't drafted, I wonder if women will be demanding equality and insisting that they be included.....

Location hidden

#290555 Mar 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Joan of Arc
She's the most well known, but certainly not the only one. Queen Boudicca comes to mind.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#290556 Mar 26, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we weren't crazy enough to pull them shenanigans and in the rare event someone lost their marbles and got out of pocket, this is how we got dealt with, lol ... http://youtu.be/aYviBsqwwzE
I got a dishrag snapped upside the head (Oklahoma style).

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#290557 Mar 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My Grandma was also infamous for giving a pinch on the arm. She'd manage to get a good piece of skin and she had a penchant for doing that shit when we'd be in church. You knew damn well you couldn't scream because if you did, your ass was grass and she was the lawnmower when you got home!! I swear, my Abuelita's a thug! There's nothing funnier than listening to my hardcore beefcake Marine cousins talk about how they'd rather deal with all the craziness that has to do with serving in a war torn country than deal with the wrath of my Gram, LMAO!!

Location hidden

#290558 Mar 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If a draft ever happens again, and women aren't drafted, I wonder if women will be demanding equality and insisting that they be included.....
Since a draft doesn't stop people from volunteering, I doubt it. Women that WANT to volunteer - can, and get whatever duty they qualify for just like the men do.

Hell MEN dont want to BE drafted. Nobody WANTS a draft.

IF a draft ever happened again, women would NOT be drafted, unless congress changes the rules.

With a volunteer military, so long as there's enough troops, there wont be a draft anyway.

Dont get me wrong, I dont WANT to see women drafted, I have a child that would be draft eligible.

But there's enough REAL drama in the world (heck, JUST within the abortion debate) without bitching about pretend drama that's nowhere near being a REAL worry.

Location hidden

#290559 Mar 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG I'd missed Michelle's post, that was HYSTERICAL!

Location hidden

#290561 Mar 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
We won't know until that happens.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#290562 Mar 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm better than you because you cannot describe me in one word? Really?
<quoted text>
No. I'll say it angers me to be mislabeled as part of a "kill all" crowd when that is furthest from the truth. It angers me to be accused of holding a "double standard" because I believe women are intelligent and strong enough to determine their pregnancies' outcomes without outside influence.
(do you need the definition of "double standard" in order to use it appropriately?)
<quoted text>
I do? I struggle with the point a human fetus becomes a child? As opposed to what? Not struggling when a canine fetus becomes a puppy?
<quoted text>
Is that how I handle my life? With "whatever gauge is handy and fits the mold"? How do you determine such a thing without sitting here as accuser, judge and jury of all women?
<quoted text>
I see you proved my point by playing accuser, judge and jury of all women. You write as if your God would view me in the same biased light you do.
Exactly right.

(he has no eyes to see or ears to hear, tho)
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290563 Mar 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Not upside the head, right on that tender spot between hip bone and buttocks. My gramma always had good aim! Mom did it for fun, though. Not gramma. She meant bidness.

Good times, STO!
LOL
STO

Vallejo, CA

#290564 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You would compare a human baby with a dog.
No matter what you think of me God is just, and will be a true judge. I just ask you to think how you will do when you stand before Him?
You say I accuse and judge, is that not what you and others do?
you say you're all for womens sexual and reproductive rights, but it seems that theory is beginning to crumble, as some say if a woman conducts herself this way or that, then she's a slut /whore.
Plus you judge me for judging?
Its like saying "I hate certain people, who hate certain people! " :)
I know how you and other pro choice folks think, becouse I used to be pro choice.
When.I seen myself the way God does -I realized I needed something.
Turns out, it was a savior.
Just becouse someone doesn't word things the way you think they should, doesn't mean they don't have good intentions and care about you and your future.
"When.I seen myself the way God does"

You're blind. In too many ways to list.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290565 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since a draft doesn't stop people from volunteering, I doubt it. Women that WANT to volunteer - can, and get whatever duty they qualify for just like the men do.
Hell MEN dont want to BE drafted. Nobody WANTS a draft.
IF a draft ever happened again, women would NOT be drafted, unless congress changes the rules.
With a volunteer military, so long as there's enough troops, there wont be a draft anyway.
Dont get me wrong, I dont WANT to see women drafted, I have a child that would be draft eligible.
But there's enough REAL drama in the world (heck, JUST within the abortion debate) without bitching about pretend drama that's nowhere near being a REAL worry.
The really dumb this was them assuming that the possibility of women being drafted had not occurred to any of us, and that they needed to point it out to us.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290566 Mar 26, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
My Grandma was also infamous for giving a pinch on the arm. She'd manage to get a good piece of skin and she had a penchant for doing that shit when we'd be in church. You knew damn well you couldn't scream because if you did, your ass was grass and she was the lawnmower when you got home!! I swear, my Abuelita's a thug! There's nothing funnier than listening to my hardcore beefcake Marine cousins talk about how they'd rather deal with all the craziness that has to do with serving in a war torn country than deal with the wrath of my Gram, LMAO!!
LOLOL

Too fricken funny, Michelle!

I used to wonder how come grammas always get just the right amount of skin... Half the time they're not even looking!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Demonicrats 153,964
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 3 min reality is a crutch 1
Lillian Gobitas Klose, who touched off legal ba... 3 min RedhorseWoman 7
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 min Freebird USA 223
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,110,457
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 4 min boo ya 4,431
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Scrutiny 178,166
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Fed Up Again 263,065
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 47 min Frankie Rizzo 885
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••