Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311138 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#288976 Mar 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
What I don't get, Ocean, is the fact with around 4M annual in the USA compared to around 800K annual terminations, why magnify the focus on terminating unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies in the first place? Why try to force safe, sterile, monitored abortion underground? Is it to claim they "saved the babies" when they did anything but that?!
It just seems so backward, imo.
Yes, Katie, and that's because these anti-choice extremists ARE backward. They want women to return to the miserable days before contraception was available, to the days when women who were married had NO choice but to get pregnant and give birth, often to as many as five or more children. Repeated pregnancies and births often resulted in serious health problems for women, frequently leading to their early deaths from pregnancy/birth complications, but the anti-choice extremists couldn't care less about that.

As far as I'M concerned, their opposition to both contraception and abortion has NOTHING to do with "saving the babies." It is all about one thing; CONTROL of women and our sexual/reproductive choices.
Big business

Los Angeles, CA

#288977 Mar 16, 2013
LIer wrote:
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".
The science has been decided. It really is a baby inside the womb.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288978 Mar 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get anywhere with her because she's a very limited thinker.
You are the one who can't think past what you can see and hear.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288979 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Ink can't ever stand up to being challenged. I have noticed that as soon as you challenge her she gets all uppity and falls back on either whining that she's being insulted or that we're playing games with her or whatever. It could've been an interesting exchange but fundies are so rigid and incapable of ever thinking outside what they've been spoonfed. I've found that the more rigid the fundie the quicker they get pissed off when someone challenges their dogma.
You could never piss me off.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288980 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't tell anyone how God would act...that's what you fundies do. What I did say is that "if" God existed I don't "believe" he would act the way YOU portray him. Read your own words and then tell me who is arrogantly trying to tell "how God would act". That would be YOU.
Ink declares...
"All religions believe in God. Number one requirement for heaven."
Ink declares...
"Unfort unately without God, that's the end for her."
It makes me laugh how you get all uppity because you think (erroneously) that I'm telling you how God would act, but you don't mind telling me how God would act. Fundie arrogance never ceases to amaze me.
And the really funny thing is that I portrayed your God in a much better way than you did...lmao!
What I said come from scripture or the Ten Commandments. What you said comes out of your own pointy head.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288981 Mar 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Funnies like ink are too narrow minded to see their own hypocrisy. Inky also makes lots of dumb blanket statements and rarely ackowledges when she is wrong. I replied to her idiocy and told her that Buddhists do not believe in god, but of course she ignored that.
I already answered you and said that they don't believe in a permenant heaven either. Because you missed a post don't assume you weren't answered.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288982 Mar 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I asked you.
I asked if you believed she should have a choice.
After all, it's her husband's choice to make the publc accusation and take her to the priest.
Of course she had a choice.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288983 Mar 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep lying when you claim I didn't link you the translation for "rot", which includes "abortion".
I never said that but I read it as it is.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#288984 Mar 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where most "christians " strongly dissagree with me, is on the fact that I don't believe a person "has " to go to any church, ever in their life to be saved. You said many things -I used to say to my wife, if we jump through the right hoops!
I believe if a person looks at the earth, and realizes there must be something out there greater then me, and with a "humble " heart ask to "know " that thing that it so much bigger.
All else is religion.
The night.God woke me up -I didn't call Him Jesus -but I did call Him God "in my.mind ",and that God changed my "core " view on everything.
That God saved my soul, and it is He "not me " that keeps my soul saved.
God is Holy -He sent the prophets -people abused and killed them -He sent His only "begotten " Son -people abused and killed Him "He allowed this ".
Those who have the son have life, those who don't , don't.
All other church attendence, etc... is for christian growth. Blessings -cursings -my salvation is sealed. I have nothing to brag about, just accepted what God offered. Most don't accept it, becouse it doesn't fit "their " life, or out of fear of what others may think. Over time, it is like patching a corpse. I wouldn't let anything or anyone keep me from getting saved.
WOW ... "EXCELLENT"
You got it man. God Bless you more brother ..AMEN
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288985 Mar 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you called him an ape.
You're a moron, and now you're just trying to justify it with this other stupidity.
Your kind are MUCH more dangerous and incompetent than he is as persident.
You dope.
You just have a strong affection for old coke-heads.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#288986 Mar 16, 2013
The world's religions aren't all that different; they all address primal fears and primitive attempts to bring order out of chaos. At the end of the day, all have something useful and something destructive to them. What they don't have is any proof of their assorted deities.

Who cares what a rock musician does? Mick jagger is still around and hasn't given up anything.

I find it hard to dislike the actions of fictional beings. As demigods go, your jesus was fairly benign. But what many of his followers have done over time has been inexcusable. The stupid thing about most christians is that they don't follow christ at all; they follow paul, who was insane and who hated women.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if it takes a man that once believed all that was unGodly was great, and couldn't get enough, and changes them into a man who hates every and all sin, including his own, then I'll take it. You're the one claiming to study all the worlds religions, and what have you came up with? Nothing.
The guitar player for korn -walked away from women, drugs, fame, when the same God that woke me up, "woke him up ", many many more, but if they don't fit your mold, you prob won't even look, or like most -have "your " answer, before you see the question
So please tell me -even if Jesus Christ doesn't exsist "which I know He does, by faith ",but lets say He doesn't -what has He done, that you find sooo bad?
I could ask feces the same question -they call christians arrogant for believing they know what happens after death, yet turn around "like you ",and claim to know?
Just like abortion -it is a double standard.

Indianapolis

#288987 Mar 16, 2013
Who cares? If it doesn't have a lease to occupy the uterus and isn't paying rent, out it goes unless the woman decides otherwise.
Big business wrote:
<quoted text>
The science has been decided. It really is a baby inside the womb.

Indianapolis

#288988 Mar 16, 2013
I don't think they like bush2.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You just have a strong affection for old coke-heads.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288989 Mar 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where most "christians " strongly dissagree with me, is on the fact that I don't believe a person "has " to go to any church, ever in their life to be saved. You said many things -I used to say to my wife, if we jump through the right hoops!
I believe if a person looks at the earth, and realizes there must be something out there greater then me, and with a "humble " heart ask to "know " that thing that it so much bigger.
All else is religion.
The night.God woke me up -I didn't call Him Jesus -but I did call Him God "in my.mind ",and that God changed my "core " view on everything.
That God saved my soul, and it is He "not me " that keeps my soul saved.
God is Holy -He sent the prophets -people abused and killed them -He sent His only "begotten " Son -people abused and killed Him "He allowed this ".
Those who have the son have life, those who don't , don't.
All other church attendence, etc... is for christian growth. Blessings -cursings -my salvation is sealed. I have nothing to brag about, just accepted what God offered. Most don't accept it, becouse it doesn't fit "their " life, or out of fear of what others may think. Over time, it is like patching a corpse. I wouldn't let anything or anyone keep me from getting saved.
Let me repeat for all posters who use many 1st person singular pronouns.
Who gives a shlt!
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288990 Mar 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered you and said that they don't believe in a permenant heaven either. Because you missed a post don't assume you weren't answered.
Answered what? All I did was reply to your incorrect statement that all religions believe in a god. Try to keep up, you racist scunt.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288991 Mar 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Answered what? All I did was reply to your incorrect statement that all religions believe in a god. Try to keep up, you racist scunt.
Wasn't talking to you. The name you chose shows your bigotry quite clearly.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288992 Mar 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sto -please show me the post, where I said you never showed a link on anything. Your good at calling me and others liers, so show the post, so we can see? Not that it matters, becouse you know what you are concerning this.
In order for numbers 5, to show an abortion took place, then every woman carried to the preist must be pregnant, yes or no?
What I was saying was bible or no bible, your holdfast to this is just sto-pid! Lol
You're lying, right now.

I linked you a translation for "rot", referring to Numbers 5, The Law of Jealousies, and that link showed the translation for "rot" as "abortion".

You keep denying it. Which makes you a liar.

Don't know why you think it's acceptabe to witness in Jesus' name with outright lies.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#288993 Mar 16, 2013
Pope Francis Called Gay Adoption A Form Of Discrimination Against Children

He doesn't "hate" gays, in fact he has compassion for them.

"He has shown deep compassion for the victims of HIV-AIDS; in 2001, he visited a hospice to kiss and wash the feet of 12 AIDS patients."
_______

Even some gays agree w/ Pope Francis.

“Sure, we all have baby envy, and lots of us would like to raise kids. But we can’t have everything we want in life, and it’s selfish and rude to redefine society’s traditions and conventions simply for our self-indulgence. Our lifestyle is very much about party, pageant, parade, and promiscuity. We want to have our cake and eat it, too. There was an article in the gay press last year titled,‘How to Stay Married and Still Be a Slut.'" - Homosexual activist John McKellar, President of Homosexuals Opposed to Pride Extremism (HOPE)
_______

“For me, the question behind this, the fundamental issue, is the child. Among the responses I’ve heard, I’ve had this business of freedom and equality. Then I pose this question: What of the freedom and equality of the child? The child won’t have its equality vis-a-vis its friends in school. Its peers may have divorced and blended families, but they have, at least, a father and mother.”
- Gay man, Jean-Pier

http://www.thegregorian.org/blog/defending-po...
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288994 Mar 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if it takes a man that once believed all that was unGodly was great, and couldn't get enough, and changes them into a man who hates every and all sin, including his own, then I'll take it. You're the one claiming to study all the worlds religions, and what have you came up with? Nothing.
The guitar player for korn -walked away from women, drugs, fame, when the same God that woke me up, "woke him up ", many many more, but if they don't fit your mold, you prob won't even look, or like most -have "your " answer, before you see the question
So please tell me -even if Jesus Christ doesn't exsist "which I know He does, by faith ",but lets say He doesn't -what has He done, that you find sooo bad?
I could ask feces the same question -they call christians arrogant for believing they know what happens after death, yet turn around "like you ",and claim to know?
Just like abortion -it is a double standard.
You found the world so bad that you dropped out. So how did Jesus affect the world?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288995 Mar 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where most "christians " strongly dissagree with me,...

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets look at this outside the bible -the man "jewish man " becomes jealous of his wife. He takes her to the priest, and does all required. Notice if she is telling the truth, nothing rots, and its all good. She can accept seed, which means she's not pregnant. If she lies, her thigh rots, and etc etc. It still goes to show, that if a man becomes jealous, it must mean that either, his wife is not only cheating, but pregnant with another mans child, or the jealous man is being jealous for no reason at all.

The bible makes perfect seens, if one reads it as is, but to try and add to it makes no sense.
The other you ask about, is an example of how no matter how good

God is to people, people will always go another way, yet He is merciful and long suffering and takes us back again and again. It is sad enough to make any cry.

"The bible makes perfect seens, if one reads it as is, but to try and add to it makes no sense."

Katie:

Agree. Wonder why you're trying to do just that by saying this, "Lets look at this outside the bible -the man "jewish man " becomes jealous of his wife."

STO:

Katie's response to this post is on target.

You contradict yourself.

"The bible makes perfect seens, if one reads it as is, but to try and add to it makes no sense."

contradicts

"Lets look at this outside the bible..."

You're adding.

Explain how translating the English back to Hebrew or Greek is "add(ing) to the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min HILLARY 2016 224,669
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min My New Alias RULES 1,382,274
News Secret Service investigating Trump's ex-butler ... 2 min Chilli J 406
News The Latest: Minister: Slayings of 8 rocked Ohio... 3 min a bird for all 210
News Government to stop using 'negro' and 'oriental' 3 min woodtick57 184
News Miss. RV Parks Boots Interracial Married Couple... 5 min Senior Vaginal Odor 30
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 5 min Denny CranesPlace 29
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 5 min Brian_G 776
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 7 min spud 238
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 26 min Cheech the Conser... 383,748
More from around the web