Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,554
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
worships reality

AOL

#288543 Mar 10, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally understand how you feel, but it seems like you're deluding yourself.
You expect it because you want more than your memories? You think death conforms to your expectations? Why not just accept that you don't know what's going to happen and that you will likely never know?
most christards are full of you. yum-eeeeeee!!!
Gtown71

United States

#288544 Mar 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>So basically what you're saying is, is that you could still break the adultery commandment with or without being a true christian.
Yes!
A christian is a person who have had the ownership of their soul transfered from satan to God.
They are the children of God, through a spuritual adoption.
Yet they still have their sinful flesh.
A christian can commit any sin that a non christian can, but the difference is they are dealt with by their new Father, God.

He punishes His children here on earth, and although He is merciful and longsuffering, He is just and loves His children.

The sinfilled flesh all people wear will be with them till death.
It is not subject to Gods law and can't be.

It will eat itself to death, drink itself to death, sex itself to death, etc......

The more you give it, the more it wants.

Just looking upon another with lust, is commiting adultery.
Many christians put things in front of God, even some put their ministry before God.

Yet when we die, it is our soul that is either saved or not.
Gtown71

United States

#288545 Mar 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well there is no symbolism in writing the commandments on stone because stone breaks and people break commandments. Moses broke the first stone because of the sins being committed while he was on the mountain. So why would God choose stone again if He knew the commandments would be broken. Why would He bother at all writing them again knowing that people were sinning while He was writing them the first time? Makes it rather arbitrary doesn't it?
I don't think so.
I think He could've said "what's the use, they won't listen ",and wipe the earth clean.
Kinda like in the days of Noah, but He is merciful.

If you created people and only ask they do right in a do wrong world, yet they continued to do bad things and curse your name -what would you do?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#288546 Mar 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Atheists don't have gods.
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as an atheist.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#288547 Mar 10, 2013
The constitution allows for freedom of religion--for everyone, not just jews and christians. The government itself is secular and cannot establish an official faith. Thus, we are not a judeo-christian nation. Not to mention that jews were treated pretty shabbily fo much of our historry by christians.
huskerlicious wrote:
Hey,bitohoneybooboo AKA Bitler Thank you, Mr. Speaker.
Mr. Speaker, on April 6th of this year, the President of the United States traveled halfway around the globe, and in the nation of Turkey, essentially proclaimed that the United States was not a Judeo-Christian nation.
I don’t challenge his right to do that or dispute the fact that it is what he believes, but I wish he had asked and answered two questions when he did that. The first question was whether or not we ever considered ourselves a Judeo-Christian nation, and the second one was, if we did, what was the moment in time where we ceased to be so? If asked the first question, Mr. Speaker, you would find that the very first act of the first congress in the United States was to bring in a minister and have congress led in prayer, and afterwards read four chapters out of the bible. A few years later, when we unanimously declared our independence, we made certain that the rights in there were given to us by our creator. When the Treaty of Paris was signed in 1783, it ended the revolutionary war and birthed this nation. The signers of that document made clear that it began with this phrase,“in the name of the most holy and undivided trinity.”
When our constitution was signed, the signers made sure that they punctuated the end of it by saying,“in the year of our lord, 1787”, and 100 years later in the supreme court case of Holy Trinity Church vs. United States, the Supreme Court indicated, after recounting the long history of faith in this country, that we were a Christian nation. President George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, John Kennedy, and Ronald Reagan, all disagreed with the President’s comments, and indicated how the bible and Judeo-Christian principles were so important to this nation. Franklin Roosevelt even led this nation in a six-minute prayer before the invasion of perhaps the greatest battle in history, in the Invasion of Normandy, and asked for God’s protection. After that war, congress came together and said,“Where are we going to put our trust?” It wasn’t in our weapons systems, or our economy, or our great decisions here. It was in God we trust, which is emboldened directly behind you. So, if in fact we were a nation that was birthed on those Judeo-Christian principles, what was that moment in time when we ceased to so be?
It wasn’t when a small group of people succeeded in taking prayer out of our schools, or when they tried to cover up the word referencing God on the Washington Monument. Or, when they tried to stop our veterans from having flag-folding ceremonies at their funerals on a voluntary basis because they mentioned God, or even when they tried in the new visitor’s center to change the national motto, and to refuse to put “in God we trust” in there. No, Mr. Speaker, it wasn’t any of those times because they can rip that word off of all of our buildings and still those Judeo-Christian principles are so interwoven in a tapestry of freedom and liberty, that to begin to unravel one is to unravel the other.
That’s why we have filed the Spiritual Heritage Resolution, to help reaffirm that great history of faith that we have in this nation and to say to those individual’s who have yielded to the temptation of concluding that we are no longer a Judeo-Christian nation, to come back....
dakotavoice.com

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288548 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I should've worded it better.
Yes -I can be a jerk!
But I do care about foo, and you, and all other people.
Despite how arrogant I may come across, I'm nothing or nobody, only a sinner saved by grace.
Eph. 2 : 8-9
If the way you live is making you happy then that's good, but we all should be able to find out own path, whether it leads to Jesus or not.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288549 Mar 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the deal, if you can asow me in your translation where it says, under the cover of some other word that the woman is pregnant, then I will agree with you. It must be there for your translation to make sense.
It's a given if she miscarried, she was pregnant. The translation for "rot" includes abortion.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>You never answered how it is possible for a non pregnant woman to abort.
Never made that claim.

You never answered how sterility could prove infidelity.

You'd rather keep going round and round, applying the faith-based view when it suits you and the secular view when it suits you.

AyakaNeo rightly pointed out that the bitter water would only affect the guilty woman, even if the innocent woman were also pregnant. That is the faith based view -- that God would reveal the truth.

The secular view is the bitter water would affect both guilty and innocent women the same, if both were pregnant. That is the view you are arguing.

I've argued (in the past) the husband better have been damn sure his wife cheated, else he may be forcing her to miscarry a potential hier. That goes with the secular view.

I've already said the only sure test that could prove a woman cheated is if the priest took a swab from her vagina and found another man's DNA. Again, secular view.

I think we've exhausted all "what ifs", yet you still pretend the translation does not exist, even though I've shown it to you several times.

I'm bored with it.

I suppose there's really no use in getting into the 7 cays creation question. You'd dismiss the translations without explanation, as you've done here, and I'd be just wasting my time.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288550 Mar 10, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting. He got it backwards.
God wrote the 10 Commandments on both sets. Gtown simply didn't bother to read it. He repeats what he's been told without bothering to check it out. Not to be trusted.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288551 Mar 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're good at regurgitating nonsense, but that's about it you poor shmuck.
Yeah, he's good at misleading people.

God help anyone who listens to him quote the Book of Job. I can imagine the mess that would be.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288552 Mar 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, agree, STO. Your last point is very interesting. I'd bet the possibilities are endless regarding full term pregnancies that never would have been had an earlier pregnancy not ended prior to term (either induced or spontaneous). All those people are still God's people, right? In the same sense that they were known in the womb, too. Right?
(the things that make you go hmmmm)
"All those people are still God's people, right? In the same sense that they were known in the womb, too. Right?"

Absolutely.

Some Christians believe the Good Lord chose to spare them from the harshness of the world. That is not doctrinal, mind you.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288554 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one lying here sto, is you and you know it. I could care less how many "translations" you come up with, they are wrong, if the think numbers chapter 5 talks about abortion.
You are stretching far to try and make it stick. I doesn't and never will!
Of course you could care less. "No it's not" is the lie you tell yourself when facts smack you upside your crybaby head. lol
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288555 Mar 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be ashamed of yourself! This is what you're calling a "liar". You, damn near illiterate, have no clue of what you speak and still you speak it. With pride and belligerence no less.
"Testimonials
BLB users come from a variety of backgrounds; some are pastors, seminary students or lay people seeking to better understand the original Hebrew and Greek while others are new Christians who desire to learn the essentials of Christianity for the first time. BLB users represent both rich and poor countries alike, some of which are closed to the Gospel. Regardless of the user’s country of origin, culture, or socioeconomic status, we are assured that God is faithful to accomplish His purposes through His Word, and are privileged to share some of the ways in which God is using BLB."
http://www.blueletterbible.org/about/about04....
Gtown is the worst kind of "christian". He's proud not to be a student of the Word. He thinks he knows all there is to know. He's lazy, believes he's too good to learn. He's actually dangerous to new Christians, giving them false information.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288556 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and they all agree with sto on this, oh and you, that numbers 5 talks of abortion. NOT!
Hey I can admit when I'm wrong, likw moses carving the 10 c's, He had to hew out the tablets "which was a pretty big job, but God wrote em. You think you or sto, will admit you're wrong about numbers 5 condoning abortion? Prob never,but I should be ashamed.
I've talked to others about this -they to have NO IDEA WHERE Y'ALL GET THIS?!?!?
Well, tell'em, ya jackass. I gave you the link a bunch of times.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>I spoke to a humble preacher who reads the kjv from start to finish every 30 days!
He don't brag, and says it is his conviction alone to not want 30 days to go by, without reading the entire word of God. He's done it since 1994.
Course it never occurred to you to crack open the Book, yourself.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288557 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I should've worded it better.
Yes -I can be a jerk!
But I do care about foo, and you, and all other people.
Despite how arrogant I may come across, I'm nothing or nobody, only a sinner saved by grace.
Eph. 2 : 8-9
Is anyone buying this "duh-derp I done wrong" crap?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288558 Mar 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Safe to say that you probably don't think that you have experienced a miracle or had something happen in your life that has no plausible explanation. There are lots of people out there who have, me included. They will tell you that there is a God and there is answer to prayer. I don't blame you for not being able to understand what you can't see.
It's safe to say you are wrong.... and I think you may be drinking too much. I was talking to you about how you expect to see lost loved ones in the afterlife. Ramble on.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288559 Mar 10, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
most christards are full of you. yum-eeeeeee!!!
How wonderful.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288560 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
A christian is a person who have had the ownership of their soul transfered from satan to God.
They are the children of God, through a spuritual adoption.
Yet they still have their sinful flesh.
A christian can commit any sin that a non christian can, but the difference is they are dealt with by their new Father, God.
He punishes His children here on earth, and although He is merciful and longsuffering, He is just and loves His children.
The sinfilled flesh all people wear will be with them till death.
It is not subject to Gods law and can't be.
It will eat itself to death, drink itself to death, sex itself to death, etc......
The more you give it, the more it wants.
Just looking upon another with lust, is commiting adultery.
Many christians put things in front of God, even some put their ministry before God.
Yet when we die, it is our soul that is either saved or not.
Thanks for a good laugh, whacko.
Gtown71

United States

#288561 Mar 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he's good at misleading people.
God help anyone who listens to him quote the Book of Job. I can imagine the mess that would be.
Sto, I spend most of my time telling others how Jesus can save their souls, NOT trying to make a bible verse condon abortion as you.

Is there any reason why you are a christian?

Can you tell me why you feel being a christian is a good thing?

Sure I get it wrong at times, as we all do, but I will addmit it.

All I've seen from you so far, is how you call other christians names while missquoting the bible,so again I'll ask what happens to those who die without being saved?
Gtown71

United States

#288562 Mar 10, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the way you live is making you happy then that's good, but we all should be able to find out own path, whether it leads to Jesus or not.
Living a "good " life is important,but the bible says only the Rightous will go to Heaven.
Now knowing that both those who claim to be christians sin, even the best of the best are not perfect, then if there is a God, and He demands rightousness, then that cannot come from ones self.
It must be imputed.
I'm just asking that you question everything you think you know.

It is not about how "good " a person is, it is a position of being a child of God or not that counts.

Perhaps look up the "good test ",to see how you do, if God will judge us by the 10 commandments, how would you do?

It goes back to have you ever told lie? What do you call someone who lies?
stolen anything?
Used Gods name in vain?
Lusted?
Gossip?

We view bad things and good things one way.
God views them another.
Gtown71

United States

#288563 Mar 10, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for a good laugh, whacko.
Glad I can make you laugh.
You can put anything I've wrote to the test.
Get drunk and see how much booze it takes, and after a year or two of drinking see how many it takes.
Same with drugs, what one pill does today, it will take two tmrw, and the a bottle in a few months.
Eating? Well just go to a buffet, and you will see :)

Your fingerprints are one way that you were born unique from all others. Since no one else "out of the billions of people "has your prints.

Evolution has No use for everyones prints to be different.
Just one of many things, that show a person, that they are created.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,109,102
Gov. Susana Martinez reports $3.8M in campaign 4 min Zink 4
Former Massachusetts Senator Brown to kick off ... 5 min GOTP 70
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min MikeF 116,529
2 Chicago universities among Obama presidential... 6 min reality is a crutch 1
Opinion: We're Number 32 6 min Le Jimbo 11
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Sunnier 261,540
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 33 min kuda 173
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 37 min independent commo... 3,927
•••