Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
270,961 - 270,980 of 305,094 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>They make their own relevance using their own interpretation of the Hebrew.
Yes, I agree.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
jonnycakes is full of you. ooo-gaaa!!!
Most christards are full of feces for jesus.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go, Katie ^^^!
A perfect example of willful ignorance is Gtown.
What a shame. These folks are scared shi^tless of a little knowledge.
No sto, its just that you are trying to say a verse says something, that it clearly doesn't.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we are in agreement here. The only difference I see here is that you want to be remembered well by people who will forget in a few short years and I try to do all the same things because I want to be remembered well by my heavenly Father who never forgets.
Just saying you believe in God doesn't make you a better person, you have to live a God centered life.
Yes, I want my kids, family, friends and coworkers to remember me in a positive way. I think to be remembered well, to have made a positive contribution to other people's lives, is a good legacy to those we leave behind.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a true born again christian puts much into them, becouse they have the indwelling Holy Spirit, but they are still living inside their sinfilled flesh.
Kinda like having 2 dogs in cages -which ever one you feed will grow stronger.
The first set of 10 c's was written by Gods finger, then moses had to rewrite them, becouse he broke them.
I realize one must accept this by faith, but that is also the way they get saved.
It is a spiritual transfer.
"Sinfilled flesh"? So do you think when people sin it's not really their fault because that's kind of their destiny...to be sinners?

What is the difference between a "born again Christian" and a regular Christian?

If Moses rewrote the 10 Commandments then where are they? Why have they never been found? Not the rewrites or fragments of the original tablets...nothing. I would think the tablets Moses wrote would have been preserved and still exist.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're talking about foo, the IDK, but I do hope she is ok, despite having the ability to really be a jerk, how I truly feel about her and others may just surprize you!
No, Ladilulu. It's no really Jesus-like to call someone a jerk is it?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She's okay. I'll pass on a hello from you :)
Thanks.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And what made these men evil?
Kim Jong Il
Mao Zedong
Stalin
greed and the desire for complete political control, just like any dictator

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Also
Lenin
Napoleon
Mussolini
napoleon and mussolini were catholics

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>God doesn't destroy His own Image . All Christians know we are wonderfully made in God's Image .
God looks like a hag?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No sto, its just that you are trying to say a verse says something, that it clearly doesn't.
You're so ignorant you claim we've been discussing "a verse".

It as a Law, which was described over several verses. "Verses" is plural.

You're so dishonest you won't acknowledge I quoted a translation for "rot", H5307, which includes "In Chaldee, specially is used of an abortion; whence Heb. which see (b)used of members of the body which fall away, become emaciated, Num. 5:21,27"

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

Keep lying and claiming the translation doesn't exist.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sinfilled flesh"? So do you think when people sin it's not really their fault because that's kind of their destiny...to be sinners?
What is the difference between a "born again Christian" and a regular Christian?
If Moses rewrote the 10 Commandments then where are they? Why have they never been found? Not the rewrites or fragments of the original tablets...nothing. I would think the tablets Moses wrote would have been preserved and still exist.
Hi LNM. Please don't take Gtown seriously. He doesn't know his ass from his elbow, concering the Bible.

Example:

Gtown: "The first set of 10 c's was written by Gods finger, then moses had to rewrite them, becouse he broke them."

The Bible reads:

Exodus 34:1

And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

See, LNM, God writes on the second set of tablets. Gtown can't get the simple stuff right.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Most christards are full of feces for jesus.
most christards are full of you?!?!? double ooo-gaa!!!
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are born with a sin nature, you can see it in any small child, that thinks they are in trouble, and will lie to get out of it, yet they will usualy confess quickly, since they have not hardened themselves yet.

I believe God knows where all things are, but wants us to believe by faith.

I didn't set it up that way -He did, but remember many seen the tablets, just like those who seen the works Jesus did, but did not believe.

Jesus said we must be born again. He said this to a very "good " person, who was a religious ruler, but didn't "know " God.

Many claim to be christians,but only those who have been saved are.

Many polls that are taken ask people what religion they are, and from the choices they are given, they usualy say christian.

When a person is born again, it is a spiritual transformation -Not just saying a prayer, or joining a church, or filling out a card.
It is a true spiritual experience, that takes a sinful person, and makes them a child of God.

They have accepted the free gift from God, by faith.

The worse the person is, that larger the transfornation is.

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've heard a quote sorta like this, from one of my favorite atheist on another thread. I will say his is longer and better, and comes from an atheist websight.
What we call good and what God calls good, can be way apart. He searches the heart of people.
I don't get it myself, but can only keep saying I truly didn't believe in any god either, and really thought those who did were idiots. A real God woke me up at exactly 1:30 am, over 12 years ago, that I do know. He changed my "core " beliefs. HE NOT ME. HE NOT ME. HE NOT ME.HE NOT ME.
I HAVE NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT, AND WAS ONLY A SINFILLEE MAN SAVED BY GRACE.
"ood men can do bad things, but it takes religion to make good men do truely evil things"

The meaning is simple. If someone believes they are doing something in the name of their god, they can justify all sorts of evil, well because they are doing the work of their god.

Many fervent religious people act like they have an insight with god, that they know something the rest of us don't. They and only they are in on the little secret.

Not to jump to the Hitler thing, but there are plenty of quotes from him where he stated he was doing the work of the lord in his quest to exterminate the Jews. and there is ample evidence that the Vatican gave its tacit approval.

It allows them to pass judgement on others, to condemn other beliefs, to be grossly intolerant and dismissive of others. It allows them to be prejudice.

A prime example is the current trend for many fundamentalists evangelical christians and their obsession with displaying their relligious symbols on public/gov't lands and buildings. Usually the Ten Commandments (their version), crosses and the nativity scenes. But god forbid another religion tries to do the same, and man they scream and fight it tooth and nail. A cross was displayed in the Mojave Desert, and they fought to keep it saying in commenorates the war dead. Good arguement, until they fought an effort to have another religious symbol displayed at tthe same sight for the fallen of that religion.

another example is the opposition to same sex marriage. The only arguements against it I hear are based on religion. When you point out that other religions accept it, so shouldn't they be allowed to have the same rights as christians opposed, it falls on deaf ears. These same christians would have a cow if we started basing our laws on the Koran, yet they have no problem with basing our laws on the Bible. Using your religious beliefs to shape secular law is wrong. Heck, they don't even want to give Muslims the right to use Islamic law to settle differences between Muslims.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch... You need to see this. Take a look Bhitler.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be snarky.
"It probably wouldn't do any of those things either. As I tried to say earlier, I think it was just the threat of what the bitter water 'could' do that would elicit a confession."
I accept the Word, as written. I understand it was not originally written in English, so we must study the translations.
I made my case. I never expected you to agree with it. I get why you came to the conclusion you did regarding "sterility". I do not agree the translations support your conclusion, but so be it.
It's a shame you can't find it within yourself to admit I proved my case. The translation evidencing abortion is there. Like I said, I don't expect you to accept it, but since you never rebutted the scholarship of the translator, I'd hope you'd have enough integrity to simply say, "Yeah, I see how you arrived at your conclusion." As I've done here.
What'dya say, Ink?
Here's the deal, if you can asow me in your translation where it says, under the cover of some other word that the woman is pregnant, then I will agree with you. It must be there for your translation to make sense. You never answered how it is possible for a non pregnant woman to abort.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

show

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LNM. Please don't take Gtown seriously. He doesn't know his ass from his elbow, concering the Bible.
Example:
Gtown: "The first set of 10 c's was written by Gods finger, then moses had to rewrite them, becouse he broke them."
The Bible reads:
Exodus 34:1
And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.
See, LNM, God writes on the second set of tablets. Gtown can't get the simple stuff right.
That's interesting. He got it backwards.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are born with a sin nature, you can see it in any small child, that thinks they are in trouble, and will lie to get out of it, yet they will usualy confess quickly, since they have not hardened themselves yet.
I believe God knows where all things are, but wants us to believe by faith.
I didn't set it up that way -He did, but remember many seen the tablets, just like those who seen the works Jesus did, but did not believe.
Jesus said we must be born again. He said this to a very "good " person, who was a religious ruler, but didn't "know " God.
Many claim to be christians,but only those who have been saved are.
Many polls that are taken ask people what religion they are, and from the choices they are given, they usualy say christian.
When a person is born again, it is a spiritual transformation -Not just saying a prayer, or joining a church, or filling out a card.
It is a true spiritual experience, that takes a sinful person, and makes them a child of God.
They have accepted the free gift from God, by faith.
The worse the person is, that larger the transfornation is.
"Many claim to be christians,but only those who have been saved are."

I think most of the Christians on here are not "born again" so are they not "real" Christians?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••