Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
270,941 - 270,960 of 305,388 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I geuss if God was only a man, then I would agree with you, but since He's not just a man -He could've used any thing He wished.
since he's a figment of imagination, he can use anything one can think of

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
No, nor do I want the mythology of the period to interfere in the modern world. Don't hold up a deity as a source of morality if you disagree with that morality.
<quoted text>
Show me the post where I held up a diety.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good men do bad things, but it takes religion to make good men do truly evil things
Like POL POT? What was his excuse?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Like POL POT? What was his excuse?
no, like Hitler
Tomás de Torquemada
like slave owners defending the practice through the bible
like the 100's of civilizations destroyed by christian nations with missionaries and colonization
rev jon jones
catholic church or did you miss the decades of child abuse by priests
100's of years of religious warfare in medieval europe
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
no, like Hitler
Tomás de Torquemada
like the 100's of civilizations destroyed by christian nations with missionaries and colonization
rev jon jones
And what made these men evil?

Kim Jong Il
Mao Zedong
Stalin
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
no, like Hitler
Tomás de Torquemada
rev jon jones
Also
Lenin
Napoleon
Mussolini
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
no, like Hitler
Tomás de Torquemada
rev jon jones

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Nobel Prize winner Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was asked to account for the great tragedies that occurred under the brutal communist regime he and fellow citizens suffered under.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn offered the following explanation:

Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia:'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.'
Since then I have spend well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat:'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.'[9]
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Anyone know how Ladilulu is? Is she okay?
If you're talking about foo, the IDK, but I do hope she is ok, despite having the ability to really be a jerk, how I truly feel about her and others may just surprize you!
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Anyone know how Ladilulu is? Is she okay?
She's okay. I'll pass on a hello from you :)
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good men do bad things, but it takes religion to make good men do truly evil things
Yes, I've heard a quote sorta like this, from one of my favorite atheist on another thread. I will say his is longer and better, and comes from an atheist websight.

What we call good and what God calls good, can be way apart. He searches the heart of people.

I don't get it myself, but can only keep saying I truly didn't believe in any god either, and really thought those who did were idiots. A real God woke me up at exactly 1:30 am, over 12 years ago, that I do know. He changed my "core " beliefs. HE NOT ME. HE NOT ME. HE NOT ME.HE NOT ME.

I HAVE NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT, AND WAS ONLY A SINFILLEE MAN SAVED BY GRACE.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably wouldn't do any of those things either. As I tried to say earlier, I think it was just the threat of what the bitter water 'could' do that would elicit a confession.
I through in a worse case senario to appease you as you couldn't seem to grasp what I was saying.
No need to be snarky.

"It probably wouldn't do any of those things either. As I tried to say earlier, I think it was just the threat of what the bitter water 'could' do that would elicit a confession."

I accept the Word, as written. I understand it was not originally written in English, so we must study the translations.

I made my case. I never expected you to agree with it. I get why you came to the conclusion you did regarding "sterility". I do not agree the translations support your conclusion, but so be it.

It's a shame you can't find it within yourself to admit I proved my case. The translation evidencing abortion is there. Like I said, I don't expect you to accept it, but since you never rebutted the scholarship of the translator, I'd hope you'd have enough integrity to simply say, "Yeah, I see how you arrived at your conclusion." As I've done here.

What'dya say, Ink?
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Also
Lenin
Napoleon
Mussolini
Lets not forget Chavez
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
One of her posts to you explains about God knowing you in the womb. That she doesn't understand why he'd allow abortion of someone he knew in the womb.
Which, of course, doesn't cover that all things are supposed to be through God. That God has His reasons. That if people can believe God has His plan, why can't they believe abortion IS part of that plan?
Why is abortion being focused on as if it were an atrocity? Why are so many fetal-focused to the exclusion of all else? Dishonest, deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid seem to amount to Willful Ignorance, imo.
"That if people can believe God has His plan, why can't they believe abortion IS part of that plan?"

Or at least consider the possibility. When we, as Christians, accept the concepts of predestination/foreordination and ensoulment at conception, one would have to accept that God's plan for that soul in this corporeal existence was concluded. His purpose and reasons are not always for us to know.

When I think of my own family, I realize had my mom not miscarried twice, my oldest sibling would not be here.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"That if people can believe God has His plan, why can't they believe abortion IS part of that plan?"
Or at least consider the possibility. When we, as Christians, accept the concepts of predestination/foreordination and ensoulment at conception, one would have to accept that God's plan for that soul in this corporeal existence was concluded. His purpose and reasons are not always for us to know.
When I think of my own family, I realize had my mom not miscarried twice, my oldest sibling would not be here.
God doesn't destroy His own Image . All Christians know we are wonderfully made in God's Image .
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes -you and about 99.9% of all other humans with a 1st grade level of reading or more, who can clearly see, the bible says NOTHING about an abortion, or even a pregnant woman in those verses "numbers chapter 5 verses sto and katie,who say it does. Lol
Here ya go, Katie ^^^!

A perfect example of willful ignorance is Gtown.

What a shame. These folks are scared shi^tless of a little knowledge.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>They make their own relevance using their own interpretation of the Hebrew.
Yes, I agree.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
jonnycakes is full of you. ooo-gaaa!!!
Most christards are full of feces for jesus.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go, Katie ^^^!
A perfect example of willful ignorance is Gtown.
What a shame. These folks are scared shi^tless of a little knowledge.
No sto, its just that you are trying to say a verse says something, that it clearly doesn't.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we are in agreement here. The only difference I see here is that you want to be remembered well by people who will forget in a few short years and I try to do all the same things because I want to be remembered well by my heavenly Father who never forgets.
Just saying you believe in God doesn't make you a better person, you have to live a God centered life.
Yes, I want my kids, family, friends and coworkers to remember me in a positive way. I think to be remembered well, to have made a positive contribution to other people's lives, is a good legacy to those we leave behind.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a true born again christian puts much into them, becouse they have the indwelling Holy Spirit, but they are still living inside their sinfilled flesh.
Kinda like having 2 dogs in cages -which ever one you feed will grow stronger.
The first set of 10 c's was written by Gods finger, then moses had to rewrite them, becouse he broke them.
I realize one must accept this by faith, but that is also the way they get saved.
It is a spiritual transfer.
"Sinfilled flesh"? So do you think when people sin it's not really their fault because that's kind of their destiny...to be sinners?

What is the difference between a "born again Christian" and a regular Christian?

If Moses rewrote the 10 Commandments then where are they? Why have they never been found? Not the rewrites or fragments of the original tablets...nothing. I would think the tablets Moses wrote would have been preserved and still exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••