Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,304
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#287261 Feb 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Since the contention was that only 3% of PP's procedures were abortions, whether or not the speaker misspoke about patient population is moot.
<quoted text>
Mention of the bundling/unbundling services ploy was mentioned in same discussion on NPR.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#287262 Feb 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, like your side is so fond of saying, words have meaning. If it is an unborn child and can be murdered, then a woman who has an abortion and those that perform them are also committing murder.
Death does not equal murder every single time death occurs. That's what you want regarding embryo/fetal death, though. For it to equal murder without any other considerations.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#287263 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't change anything. It just shows that whatever you call it, you can and will be punished for killing it unles, of course you are the mother.
Not entirely accurate since not every state has fetal homicide laws. It is regulated and the majority of abortions happen in the first trimester. Aren't you pleased with knowing this?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#287264 Feb 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The point is, when the fetus is viable, if the woman damages it, there is no charge -- because the fetus has no rights. She may be sent off to a mental health facility for a time for doing harm to herself but that's it. But if someone else damages the fetus, it's a whole different ball game."
Either the fetus should have rights or it shouldn't, it either is a child or it isn't. Why is there a double standard? More importantly, why are pro"choicers" ok with calling the fetus a child?
Civil rights, specifically bodily autonomy and abortion, is not an either/or issue. It can't be in a free nation. There has to be considerations and compromise. Your side is unwilling to acknowledge this due to your narrow vision that only focuses on the fetus, nothing else.

As it stands, IF women choose to view their pregnancies in the same light you do, they have the civil rights to forfeit their lives in order to bring new life into the world. But nobody has the right to force this upon them against their will.

From my perspective, the entire premise of the PLM is to *force* women to forfeit their lives in order to bring new life into the world. And that can mean physically, emotionally, mentally.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#287265 Feb 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
When your empty debating ability fails, pull out the Topix conspiracy theories.
You just implicity admitted that Doc cleaned your intellectual clock.
Again.
Post #s 253, 254 and 255 are missing. One of those was my post answering Doc's questions.

The only posts of mine that are ever removed are ones I write to Doc answering his questions. You explain it then, ass.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#287266 Feb 27, 2013
Post # 252 is also missing.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#287267 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this case where the child has to be seven or eight weeks gestated.
Where is it?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#287268 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 25: 41-46
Everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. That would be hell.
He lets him out for seven years and then puts them in the
lake of fire. Hates.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#287269 Feb 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
If human beings at the front end of their human-life spectrums are "forming," those moving beyond middle-age are "unforming."
You said a menopausing Katie is an "aging" Katie. All I did was place your assessment in parallel terminology with "forming" => "fully formed" (early twenties?)=> "Unforming"
Damn, are you really this stupid? Nobody is "unforming". Our limbs and organs and bodily systems are not slowly disappearing. It's not like the longer you live the less of your body is left...like "oops, another leg just shriveled and disappeared" or "oh dang, my liver is disappearing now".

I can just see it..."Great Aunt Martha lived to be 99, and aren't we lucky there was nothing left to bury".

How much weed do you consume?
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#287271 Feb 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, are you really this stupid? Nobody is "unforming". Our limbs and organs and bodily systems are not slowly disappearing. It's not like the longer you live the less of your body is left...like "oops, another leg just shriveled and disappeared" or "oh dang, my liver is disappearing now".
I can just see it..."Great Aunt Martha lived to be 99, and aren't we lucky there was nothing left to bury".
How much weed do you consume?
Long Night Eternity: "Nobody is "unforming". Our limbs and organs and bodily systems are not slowly disappearing.

But Katie loses fertility after Menopause. What about her muscle mass, bone density, height, hair on head, eyesight, reaction time, balance, short-term memory, lower immunity....

Biological aging process is "unforming" stages if you consider front end of the human life spectrum "forming" stages.

You are okay killing those not "fully formed" if still in womb. However, you're change your mind on killing for those not "fully formed" when outside womb. You discriminate to death based on stage of human life.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287272 Feb 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not entirely accurate since not every state has fetal homicide laws. It is regulated and the majority of abortions happen in the first trimester. Aren't you pleased with knowing this?
Perhaps she'd rather it be illegal, and unregulated underground.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#287273 Feb 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! Just like in the old days.

:|

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#287274 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of the victims were teen age boys. That's not pedophilia.
Regardless, the catholic church admitted young kids were being "raped", "molested" (the act of subjecting someone to unwanted or improper sexual advances or activity (especially women or children)..
Gtown71

United States

#287275 Feb 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the number of abortions and unwanted pregnancies would go waaay down.

Location hidden

#287276 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You hope.
Why would I hope the charges don't stick? My support for freedom of choice isn't going to be effected by this. He didn't assault the unborn child. The guy was leaving which tells me she wanted to continue the argument. Her actions led to her being injured. If he had stayed and beat her, different story, but he didn't.

Location hidden

#287277 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC has been doing everything it can to protect their vast numbers of homosexual priests and cardinals. The archbishop of the UK just resigned due to his sexual involvement with young men. Hopefully the new Pope will thoroughly clean house.
LOL the RCC has been corrupt since it began.

Location hidden

#287278 Feb 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, like your side is so fond of saying, words have meaning. If it is an unborn child and can be murdered, then a woman who has an abortion and those that perform them are also committing murder.
Again, is it going to change the legality of the right to choose? Obviously not.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287279 Feb 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pleased that there are states that have fetal homicide laws.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287280 Feb 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it?
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2013/feb/22/moorpa...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287281 Feb 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Death does not equal murder every single time death occurs. That's what you want regarding embryo/fetal death, though. For it to equal murder without any other considerations.
So if a woman has an abortion is she kiling her unborn child or is she aborting a fetus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Quirky 320,278
News AFSCME pulls national conference out of Indiana... 4 min Tell the Whole Truth 19
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min shinningelectr0n 1,207,932
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min Mr_SKY 155,200
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min Quirky 176,101
News Obama vetoes Republican bid to block union elec... 28 min serfs up 5
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 31 min Eagle 12 6,460
News Indiana backlash: What you need to know 34 min Who 79
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 52,422
More from around the web