Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310360 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285704 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I? When? What were my exact words? Let's see a link.
You said that you felt a woman should be able to have an abortion at any time. If you changed your mind, then how do you feel now. Feel free to make your stance clear.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285705 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Happens all the time just on here. Character assassination is destroying and marginalizing. Seems to be their operatus modi.
A big reason this president is still sitting in the Oval Office.
They are now going to hone in on Marco Rubio. Watch and see the 'lean mean liberal machine' try and destroy him before 2016.
They won't argue his principles. They will go after his character.
Doesn't even have to be something they can prove or even the truth. They have a big bullhorn - the mainstream media.
Speaking of Rubio, I never saw one liberal media station even mention what he said in his response to the president, but they spent days laughing at him because he had a drink of water.
worships reality

United States

#285706 Feb 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's that they'll go to any lengths to legislate their personally held beliefs that is disconcerting, imo. That link of the photo shopped hodge-podge pics of dead embryos/fetuses, infants, pregnant women, Planned Parenthood, ultrasound pics, and etc.? Well it shows such a willingness for open manipulation (from either angle; being or doing). That these people are unable to separate these images, keep 'em in context, is disheartening. They might as well stick their spoons out and ask for more.
all legislation is someone's personally held belief.
do all laws disconcert you?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285707 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think your rhetoric on topix is going to change anyone's mind. Because even if abortion were illegal, it would still happen.
It's been happening since the beginning of time. Condoning it and legalizing it is the moral dilemma.

The Oath of Hippocrates (400 B.C.):I swear by Apollo the physician, and Aesculapius, and Health, and All-heal, and all the gods and goddesses that, according to my ability and judgment, I will keep this Oath...I will follow that system of regimen which, according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patients and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous. I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel; and in like manner I will not give to a woman a pessary to produce abortion...

Of course, the oath has changed in modern times. A percentage of physicians even believe the oath is outdated and not applicable because they actually "do harm".

That is how far we have "progressed" as a civilized society.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285708 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Happens all the time just on here. Character assassination is destroying and marginalizing. Seems to be their operatus modi.
A big reason this president is still sitting in the Oval Office.
They are now going to hone in on Marco Rubio. Watch and see the 'lean mean liberal machine' try and destroy him before 2016.
They won't argue his principles. They will go after his character.
Doesn't even have to be something they can prove or even the truth. They have a big bullhorn - the mainstream media.
Happens on both sides. Ever watch Fox News?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285709 Feb 22, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Contraception is evil? I bet sex is evil in your world unless it's done how you please, also.
Already posted this on the previous page but will post it again for your benefit.

I used the word "evil" in the context of contraception for the other poster's benefit.

I, myself, would be ecstatic if every woman who engaged in sexual activity used a form of contraception to prevent creating life.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285712 Feb 22, 2013
someoneuknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Still here lyin' and pretending to be some smartass know it all. Go slither back into your hole. Aborting your child at 27 weeks is MURDER AND ABOMINABLE. Everbody here needs to know you did this. I KNOW even though you deny knowing me, you DO! You LIE!
I don't lie. You are the one lying.

No, I don't know you, and you don't know me.

I've never had an abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285713 Feb 22, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
first you say I said you were confused, now you say I claimed you said something about the law. is lying a compulsion with you?
you could not have been asked why you were pro choice unless you had first volunteered that you were pro choice. your personal opinion regarding choice is irrelevant to anyone but you. same as your personal opinion regarding abortion is irrelevant. yet you tell us your personal opinion on choice every chance you get and refuse to divulge your personal opinion on abortion on the grounds it is irrelevant.
you expend a lot of energy lying and avoiding answering. it's amusing.
So, be amused, Troll. I really couldn't care less. You're meaningless.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285714 Feb 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Rubio, I never saw one liberal media station even mention what he said in his response to the president, but they spent days laughing at him because he had a drink of water.
Unfortunately, it's the same old hypocrisy.

If it had been Obama reaching for something to drink, it would have been applauded as spontaneous and natural by the left.

And we wouldn't have heard anywhere near the same ridicule from the right.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285715 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you even trying to pay attention? A fertilized egg begins to morph into a human being within the first five weeks.
The fetus begins to develop its brain, heart, spinal cord and digestive system. By the fifth week, it grows arm and leg buds and the heart has developed a regular rhythm. The eyes and ears are also developing and the baby's major organs have formed.
By the sixth week, the bones are forming and facial features become more distinct. By the end of the 11th week, the baby has formed genitalia and the head has grown to nearly half its entire body size.
What part of being a human being don't you understand?
You didn't answer my question. Instead, you're trying to assassinate my character, marginalize, and destroy me just because I don't agree a frozen embryo or fertilized egg is a baby.

What do you think should be done with all the tens of thousands of frozen embryos that no one has plans for?

Are you even tring to pay attention?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285716 Feb 22, 2013
Ladilulu wrote:
<quoted text>Do you always treat posters this way? You are a very hate filled hag. Hey, eating butter n bacon sandwiches are kinda like eating your own. Bitler must be into cannibalism. I am ladi, you lush.
LOL, oh Knutter. You're not fooling anyone.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285717 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Happens on both sides. Ever watch Fox News?
Actually, the real question is have YOU ever watched Fox News? Because it seems the ones who complain the loudest admit they've never watched it.

No other news outlet that I know of always has both points of view represented on any issue.

The statistics show O'Reilly, for example, is the most watched cable news source on television and has an audience comprised of more moderate democrats and independents combined than conservatives. It is also syndicated around the world.

In other words, a lot of people watch it. Guess they all must be morons.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285719 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been happening since the beginning of time. Condoning it and legalizing it is the moral dilemma.
The Oath of Hippocrates (400 B.C.):I swear by Apollo the physician, and Aesculapius, and Health, and All-heal, and all the gods and goddesses that, according to my ability and judgment, I will keep this Oath...I will follow that system of regimen which, according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patients and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous. I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel; and in like manner I will not give to a woman a pessary to produce abortion...
Of course, the oath has changed in modern times. A percentage of physicians even believe the oath is outdated and not applicable because they actually "do harm".
That is how far we have "progressed" as a civilized society.
The AC side will never get that we, on the PC side, don't condone or condemn abortion. It's a civil rights issue.

Are you one who would deny a woman her choice in the case of a life threatening pregnancy?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285720 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question. Instead, you're trying to assassinate my character, marginalize, and destroy me just because I don't agree a frozen embryo or fertilized egg is a baby.
What do you think should be done with all the tens of thousands of frozen embryos that no one has plans for?
Are you even tring to pay attention?
We can only hope if the same frozen embryo becomes fertilized by the same sperm donor, sisters and brothers won't be marrying each other.

What do you see as the purpose of frozen embryos? It's a serious question.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#285721 Feb 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't see any links Eddie. PM it to me maybe? Please and thank you LOL!
Sent.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285722 Feb 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that you felt a woman should be able to have an abortion at any time. If you changed your mind, then how do you feel now. Feel free to make your stance clear.
Those were my exact words? When did I say that? Feel free to provide a link, or even an approximate date.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285723 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't lie. You are the one lying.
No, I don't know you, and you don't know me.
I've never had an abortion.
Funny you would say that. You judged me as a liar but you don't know me either.
worships reality

United States

#285724 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So, be amused, Troll. I really couldn't care less. You're meaningless.
is there a reason you refuse to answer?

you are pusillanimous and you lie. a stellar combination.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#285725 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
16 week x-ray of a fetus.
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
How can anyone condone destroying a developing human being?
Medical professionals do not x-ray pregnant women.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285726 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
The AC side will never get that we, on the PC side, don't condone or condemn abortion. It's a civil rights issue.
Are you one who would deny a woman her choice in the case of a life threatening pregnancy?
The South once thought slavery was a civil rights issue too, only slaves didn't have any rights either and slavery was legal.

It's been said the moral test of any society is how it treats its most vulnerable members.

The unborn are society's most vulnerable members.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Jay 190,397
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 12 min Reverend Alan 1,246
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 14 min serfs up 105
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Incognito4Ever 1,264,147
News Resistance to gay marriages travels a well-worn... 16 min Rutherford Jenkins 69
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min EasyEed 336,862
News Nation's capital is sinking into the ocean 27 min LonePalm 53
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Chicagoan by Birth 194,653
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 172,002
News Clinton Slams 'New York Times' Over False ... 2 hr Mothra 68
More from around the web