Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,127
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285182 Feb 20, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>But pediatricians and churches lose more.
Every abortion is one-time payment to the doctor who performs the abortion. The abortion eliminates potential income for years for the pediatrician.
The church loses a potential life-long contributor.
Every bible-believing church on the planet uses contributions on the part of its members for community outreach.

It's a big part of what churches do. Protestants and Catholics alike. Much to their credit, the Catholic Church focuses very much of their resources on the poor and providing comfort and shelter.

Food pantries, benevolence funds, reaching those in need and offering hope is a good thing, isn't it?

They also have to pay the bills too, of course. Most church members would rather worship out of the heat, rain and cold. Souls are saved because churches open their doors to anyone.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285183 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's 15 just between our two states. Multiply that by 50 states including the number of clinics performing abortions in New York and California alone."
That's 15 out of 29 clinics. Slightly over half. I took a further sampling for a total of 8 states, including CA. Out of 91 clinics, 48 perform abortions. That's still slightly over half, at 52%. IF, as you want to claim, PP is only an "abortion mill", then wouldn't ALL of their clinics perform abortions? And would any of them do anything else?
"Planned Parenthood provides referrals for mammograms."
Seems to me this just bolsters my point. What was yours?
"Any Health Clinic can provide the same services."
And? What point do you think you're making here?
"Do you think Margaret Sanger would condone this organization today?"
I have no clue. And neither do you. Furthermore, it's beside the point. You're the one who brought up Sanger, making false claims, no doubt gleaned from biased sites. Of course, we don't really know where you're getting your "perceptions" from, as you're apparently afraid to say.
The abortions are simply referred to another PP clinic that does perform them. It's all in the family.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285184 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
John Newton, on a homeward voyage as the captain of a slave ship, he encountered a violent storm he referred to later as his “great deliverance.” He recorded in his journal that when all seemed lost and the ship would surely sink, he exclaimed,“Lord, have mercy upon us.” Later in his cabin he reflected on what he had said and began to believe that God had addressed him through the storm and that grace had begun to work for him.
He then wrote the words to "Amazing Grace". For the rest of his life he observed the anniversary of May 10, 1748 as the day of his conversion, a day of humiliation in which he subjected his will to a higher power.
He spent the rest of his life as an activist against slavery.
His story is just one among millions.
But G'town called this "common sense". This is not "common sense" as you defined it.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285185 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no false claims.
If each state had been given the right to vote on something as significant as abortion, each state would then have the legal right to do so or not based on a democracy of majority rules.
If a pro-lifer lived in a state where it was made legal, they would have to live with that decision.
If a pro-choicer lived in a state where it was not made legal, then they would have to do the same.
However, 9 people in a population of over 300 million decided this major and moral controversial issue all by their lonesome.
Why are states given the right to vote for same sex marriage and not abortion? Of the 31 states where the issue of same sex marriage has been put directly to the electorate, it was voted down.
You've made false claims. One, that Sanger wanted to get rid of people by abortion, and created Planned Parenthood to that end. Two, that PP clinics are nothing but "abortion mills". Three, that the don't "focus" on prevention. There are others, but I don't recall them at the moment.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with what we've been discussing. Do you have ADD?

Your ignorance about our gov't is also sad. We are not a democracy. We are a Democratic Republic. Majority does not "rule" where our civil rights are concerned, the purpose of the Bill of Rights being to guarantee that there is no tryanny by the majority. And the JOB of the SCOTUS is to evaluate the constitutionality of laws brought before them, which they did in the case of abortion. They determined that laws making abortion entirely illegal were unconstitutional, based upon our civil rights to "life, liberty and property".

What is your source for your claims about same sex marriage? Because I know for a fact that two states where it was put to popular vote, Maine and Maryland, it passed.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285186 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The abortions are simply referred to another PP clinic that does perform them. It's all in the family.
One, that was not the point, Witless.

Two, do you have proof that they all just refer to other PP clinics?

You're unarmed here. You can only hurt the other poster's arguments.
Gtown71

United States

#285187 Feb 20, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>But you posted that your belief came in a flash. That doesn't seem like common sense.
Yes it did!!!
Yes you're right, it did and does go against all common sense, atleast the salvation part.
It doesn't make one bit of sense, it didn't then and doesn't now!

It was such a huge transformation, and me beling lead to read a bible and go to church, although I was not around anyone who was religious at all combined with many things such as desires for drink, drugs, cursing all taken away, it started to make perfect sense.

Yet there is nothing spiritual that makea sense to the carnal mind.

Tithing is giving 10% of your income to the local storehouse or "church ",which makes no sense at all, but I can promise you it works.

PS -God doesn't need any money -He just asks for our faith.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285188 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Although us christians can and do, do bad things, much of what you're talking about was not done by christians.
I could call myself an astronaut, but doesn't make it so.
It is not my place to judge, but when folls say certain things, or for example use names like feces for Jesus, it is kinda a no brainer.
I may and do offend many, but I don't intend on agreeing with them, and hold their hand as they head for Hell like sto, so please remember this is not how most people witness, it is a public forum, and God has many tools in His shed, and I to say this with humility.
That was my point. Saying one is a Christian while they reek of rotten fruit is clear evidence they are not.

I watched a documentary last night about the Spaniards' treatment of the Indians and their cruelty to them in the name of "Christianity" in search of riches. It almost made me ill. Couldn't even finish watching it.

So it was fresh on my mind. It is true that some come to know the truth out of a fear of hell, so there's nothing wrong with that or even reminding them that this is a distinct possibility.

We both agree that we are all part of one body but with different functions and Christ is the head of that body.

So no worries, I hope, and it's all good.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285190 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, that was not the point, Witless.
Two, do you have proof that they all just refer to other PP clinics?
You're unarmed here. You can only hurt the other poster's arguments.
What do you think they do with women who want an abortion? Say no you can't have one? LOL
Gtown71

United States

#285191 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your descriptions of yourself as an "Atheist" bear little resemblence to the reality of Atheists I've read about and met. They don't "hate" God, nor do they avoid talking to people who are religious. In fact, what you describe sounds like the misconcepions of someone who's been an Evangelical Christian all their lives, and has never actually spoken to an Atheist.
Yes, I speak to 2 atheist quite often, and both will talk religion. One knows more bible then most christians, the other doesn't , and yes he even hates god! Or hates the idea of god and religion, becouse he hope we will all die out, so that the world can get better. Lol
I'm just telling you how I was.
I didn't believe in God and thought if you did, then you were an idiot!

I also wanted nothing to do with church. I would go once every 2 years or so, just to shut up my wife, but that was horrible and grueling. Since I was saved, I've realized, that many lost folks don't mind church at all, or atleast they go.

10 years after I was saved, a man that had beesen comming to the church for 10 years prior to me showing up, got saved on night.

He had went to church for over 20 years. During "meet and greet " he would always smile and shake hands, if you went to him, but after he got saved he was all over the church during that time hugging folks, it is amazing to truly see someone:) come out of a bunch of dry dead works religion garbage, into a Real relationship with a Real God!!!
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285192 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You've made false claims. One, that Sanger wanted to get rid of people by abortion, and created Planned Parenthood to that end. Two, that PP clinics are nothing but "abortion mills". Three, that the don't "focus" on prevention. There are others, but I don't recall them at the moment.
The rest of your post has nothing to do with what we've been discussing. Do you have ADD?
Your ignorance about our gov't is also sad. We are not a democracy. We are a Democratic Republic. Majority does not "rule" where our civil rights are concerned, the purpose of the Bill of Rights being to guarantee that there is no tryanny by the majority. And the JOB of the SCOTUS is to evaluate the constitutionality of laws brought before them, which they did in the case of abortion. They determined that laws making abortion entirely illegal were unconstitutional, based upon our civil rights to "life, liberty and property".
What is your source for your claims about same sex marriage? Because I know for a fact that two states where it was put to popular vote, Maine and Maryland, it passed.
We danced this dance last night. There's no question Sanger was strongly against abortion and promoted contraception instead. Something Planned Parenthood, the organization she started, should be doing a heck of a lot more of.

But she did publish a pamphlet, Family Limitation, where in her own words she said:“If you are going to have an abortion, make up your mind to it in the first stages, and have it done. On the other hand, there is often a feeling of the strongest desire to continue with the pregnancy. It is for each woman to decide this for herself, but act at once, whichever way you decide.”

I did not make a false claim.

Actually, I was quite shocked Margaret Sanger and I were on the same page emphasizing knowledge and prevention instead of abortion.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#285193 Feb 20, 2013
Your anal fixation is showing.
zach wrote:
<quoted text>I love gorgeous women...sweet nice do anything for you types....nothing at all wrong with that...while you prefer crusty old men bending over for you wanting a tool shoved in there and vice versa you sick homo....you need help severely you idiot.....
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285194 Feb 20, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, and you're right, it is basic stuff only PC boneheads can't understand. I also agree that it isn't normal for a woman to want to stop the beating heart of her own child, born or in utero.
It is amazing what we have come to accept as normal, mostly through bullying by activists.

Indianapolis

#285195 Feb 20, 2013
Jesus said nothing against abortion, halfwit.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think Jesus was a cruel man, becouse He set a crazy man free, and pigs died, yet you see no problem whatsoever with the killing of live humans by the thousands just today, and again tmrw, and the next day.
You wonder why some folks view your ways of thinking, as waaay off???
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285196 Feb 20, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>But G'town called this "common sense". This is not "common sense" as you defined it.
I believe I was talking about prevention being the best cure for abortion. Like Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood.

She and I both apparently share common sense.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285197 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think they do with women who want an abortion? Say no you can't have one? LOL
Oh, stop being dumb.

I asked for proof that all PP clinics that don't perform abortions only refer women to other PP clinics.

We both know you have none, hence this avoidance of the question.

Like I said earlier, you're unarmed here, and can only hurt the arguments. The other poster is having enough trouble as it is, without adding your stupidity to the mix.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285198 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I speak to 2 atheist quite often, and both will talk religion. One knows more bible then most christians, the other doesn't , and yes he even hates god! Or hates the idea of god and religion, becouse he hope we will all die out, so that the world can get better. Lol
I'm just telling you how I was.
I didn't believe in God and thought if you did, then you were an idiot!
I also wanted nothing to do with church. I would go once every 2 years or so, just to shut up my wife, but that was horrible and grueling. Since I was saved, I've realized, that many lost folks don't mind church at all, or atleast they go.
10 years after I was saved, a man that had beesen comming to the church for 10 years prior to me showing up, got saved on night.
He had went to church for over 20 years. During "meet and greet " he would always smile and shake hands, if you went to him, but after he got saved he was all over the church during that time hugging folks, it is amazing to truly see someone:) come out of a bunch of dry dead works religion garbage, into a Real relationship with a Real God!!!
My point stands. Your descriptions of yourself as an "Atheist" bear no resemblance to the reality of Atheism. They are what an Evangelical Christian BELIEVES, without any real knowledge, that Atheists believe, feel, think and do. You were never one.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285199 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Every bible-believing church on the planet uses contributions on the part of its members for community outreach.
It's a big part of what churches do. Protestants and Catholics alike. Much to their credit, the Catholic Church focuses very much of their resources on the poor and providing comfort and shelter.
Food pantries, benevolence funds, reaching those in need and offering hope is a good thing, isn't it?
They also have to pay the bills too, of course. Most church members would rather worship out of the heat, rain and cold. Souls are saved because churches open their doors to anyone.
I was replying to your post that economics is the basis for Planned Parenthood's existance by showing that it affects conversely other institutions. Just putting your post in its proper perspective as nonsense.

Indianapolis

#285200 Feb 20, 2013
I'm 54 and have never seen this deity you say exists. By your logic, he doesn't exists, right?

You think anmals go to coffee shops?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm 42, and I've never seen a gay animal yet.
I have seen male and female birds, dogs, cats, ducks, deer, armadilos, rabbits, people, and MOST of them had a goal, TO REPRODUCE, NOT KILL THEIR BABY, so that they can go to the coffee shop whenever they please.
And again, I'll show you plenty of what God thinks about abortion, when you tell me, if you agree with sto on those verses.
I believe you want to be as honest as possible, and are having a hard time with this.
If a pro choice person says something right, I'll amen them. Even though it really makes some mad. Lol
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285201 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, stop being dumb.
I asked for proof that all PP clinics that don't perform abortions only refer women to other PP clinics.
We both know you have none, hence this avoidance of the question.
Like I said earlier, you're unarmed here, and can only hurt the arguments. The other poster is having enough trouble as it is, without adding your stupidity to the mix.
You have no common sense and can't add two and two. Logic says, if you can't have an abortion here in this PP clinic you will go to another where they do them.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285202 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I was talking about prevention being the best cure for abortion. Like Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood.
She and I both apparently share common sense.
Yes but she initially was trying to prevent 'undesirables' from having children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Chimney1 134,799
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min EAGLE EYE1 295,196
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... (Mar '14) 19 min chec 2,174
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min RoxLo 1,156,635
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 1 hr Swedenforever 938
Probe fails to link IRS scandal to White House 1 hr Responsibility 34
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr homo thon 182,296
Obama marks end of combat in Afghanistan 1 hr Hooogle It 1
Clinton economic approach under scrutiny 2 hr Responsibility 7
"The Interview" Opens to Sold-Out Crowds 3 hr RustyS 14
More from around the web