Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336709 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#284984 Feb 19, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
That was about the BORN infant, "reaching viability", you nitwit.
The viability of a fetus is BEFORE being born, while in utero, and something it's already "reached" BEFORE being born.
You numbskulls will never get it. You're still wrong, and always will be so long as you think viability of a [fetus] has to be "reached" [after] birth. A fetus isn't born, and infant. Viability of a fetus and abortion doesn't have anything to do with a newborn infant.
I have always discussed born infants "reaching viability" and in the same manner you've said, "...eventually be able to survive without ALS..." which makes the quoted phrases synonymous.

I have given examples of a physician deeming a fetus viable, birthing it, attaching it to ALs, only for the infant to die. Which means it didn't reach viability. There is no difference here, regardless of how willing you are to split hairs.

Please be done with misunderstanding what others post and then criticizing them ad infinitum even when you've been shown your mistake. It's a new day, a new year even. Let's move on.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284985 Feb 19, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as medical reality goes, yes. The infant has the "potential to survive" or will "eventually be able to survive" is what we mean when we use the term "reach viability". Because given ALS, if the infant does not survive, then the "potential" did not bear out. Thus, the infant was not viable -- even tho, legally it must have been "deemed" viable to qualify for ALS, as Doc said.
Yes! Hopefully it's cleared up and we all can move on to other interesting topics.

:)
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284986 Feb 19, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I'm right. As usual.
Katie wrote: "Because, as we know, if the newborn dies in spite of using ALS, then it had not reached viability."
"lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
That was about the BORN infant, "reaching viability", you nitwit. "
A "newborn" is a "BORN infant". Just like Katie said.
What is wrong with you? Push the reset button, will ya?
LOLOL

:*

“New England”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#284987 Feb 19, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Yet another person who thinks Lily is an a~hole. Why am I not surprised.
No reason why you should be.

“New England”

Location hidden

#284988 Feb 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just me. DARE to disagree with her about ANYTHING, no matter how petty, and you'll incur her wrath - LOL As ineffectual as that wrath is.
She tries to browbeat people into agreeing with her and when that doesn't work she turns up the obnoxiousness even more.

Where are Chooselife and Mary?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284989 Feb 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanger was against abortion.
She was on the fence based on her own statements and writings over the years.

It is ironic that the woman who started Planned Parenthood said this about abortion:“It is an alternative that I cannot too strongly condemn. Although abortion may be resorted to in order to save the life of the mother, the practice of it merely for limitation of offspring is dangerous and vicious.”[The Nation, Jan. 27, 1932]

This is contradictory to giving out abortion information in the first edition of her birth control methods pamphlet, Family Limitation, published in 1914.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284990 Feb 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, there is no source, and you're just making up whatever nonsense you wish to pretend is real. Got it.
Common sense - sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

Simple perception.

“New England”

Location hidden

#284991 Feb 19, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Another gay pagan twit being an ass. You think you are superior with your secular paganism but you come off as an ass.
Remember years ago when you posted under the name Wise One and ranted about religious zealots? And you would come back as Ignorance is Bliss and agree with yourself?

Times sure do change.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284992 Feb 19, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think healthcare, in general, should be more difficult to get? Like treatment for lung cancer, for example?
Assuming you mean all those with lung cancer are smokers, they only kill themselves.

“New England”

Location hidden

#284993 Feb 19, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer confirms you are about as Christian as the other proabort pagans on this forum. You Sir, are no
Christan.
You Sir, are no judge of who is a Christian.

“New England”

Location hidden

#284994 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
The two greatest commandments are to love God with all our hearts and minds and to love each other as ourselves.
It's all about love.
The Golden Rule.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284995 Feb 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this answers my question, or even addresses the point.
What point in telling people things they already know, or can learn easily if they wish?
And there WERE no gospels when Jesus supposedly lived.
The gospel is simply the good news.

The disciples and followers of Christ continued spreading the good news so that by the time the New Testament was being written less than three decades after Christ's death, early churches had already been established in many places.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#284998 Feb 19, 2013
There were and still are al qaeda camps there. They may have politically disowned him, but they are anything but staunch allies against terrorism.
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only suggest you do a little more reading on the Saudis. They disowned bin Laden and were targeted with several terrorists attacks. They are a staunch ally against terrorism.
Some Americans also joined the enemy. They were from America.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#284999 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
She was on the fence based on her own statements and writings over the years.
It is ironic that the woman who started Planned Parenthood said this about abortion:“It is an alternative that I cannot too strongly condemn. Although abortion may be resorted to in order to save the life of the mother, the practice of it merely for limitation of offspring is dangerous and vicious.”[The Nation, Jan. 27, 1932]
This is contradictory to giving out abortion information in the first edition of her birth control methods pamphlet, Family Limitation, published in 1914.
The only "abortion" information she "gave out" in that publication was to say that though there are times when it is "justifiable", that preventing pregnancy will prevent abortions. Given the direct quote above, any reasonable person would conclude that by "justifiable", she meant to save the life of the woman.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285000 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense - sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.
Simple perception.
Personal perception is not the most reliable of sources for fact. Especially when one begins with a belief they want to see proven. Your "perception" of the 1914 publication you referred to in your previous post proves that it's not reliable.

I asked for your source, and you couldn't answer. WHERE does your "perception" come from? WHERE do your supposed "facts" come from?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285001 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
The gospel is simply the good news.
The disciples and followers of Christ continued spreading the good news so that by the time the New Testament was being written less than three decades after Christ's death, early churches had already been established in many places.
You're avoiding my question. Why?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285002 Feb 19, 2013
Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Not really, she didn't stop them did she, she wanted farmers to kill one or two of their own children. She wanted the Black population and other minorities, handicapped to be sterilized .
Yes, she was against abortion. You are wrong.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285003 Feb 19, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
The Golden Rule.
What a different world this would be if everyone tried to apply it.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285004 Feb 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she was against abortion. You are wrong.
Truly ironic. Sanger sounds more pro-life than someone who started Planned Parenthood.

“While there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization. I also assert that the responsibility for these abortions and the illness, misery and deaths that come in their train lies at the door of a government whose authority has been stretched beyond the limits of the people’s intention and which, in its puritanical blindness, insists upon suffering and death from ignorance, rather than life and happiness from knowledge and prevention.”(MS,“Birth Control or Abortion?” Birth Control Review [Dec. 1918]: 3-4 [MSM S70:0809])

"Knowledge and prevention". That's what I've been talking about.

Odd that Margaret Sanger and I would have the same message.

Location hidden

#285005 Feb 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Silly us, having a lifestyle that encompases all the love and caring that G-d intended for humanity.
LOL
How dare you think that you are entitled to things that "normal" people have!!!!(sarcasm)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Invites Putin to the U.S., Offers Visit t... 3 min Impeach the Creep 21
News Poll: Americans expect Russia tension will get ... 5 min Impeach the Creep 18
News Texas 8th-graders asked to list positives of sl... 9 min anonymous 3
News Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing... 13 min Impeach the Creep 9
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Quirky 71,476
News No Way': Trump says Second Amendment won't be r... 16 min 870King 110
News Kansas officials boost projected tax collection... 19 min Impeach the Creep 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr USAsince1680 1,744,862
News Comey speculates Russians may have damaging inf... 1 hr DollahDollahBill 290
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 5 hr Truth 1,373