Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311322 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284859 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
National security is a given. Like roads and police protection. Ridding the world of a threat to civilization when the opportunity arises is also a given. It serves us all.
Abortions are by and large a result of bad choices. It serves only the ones who made them.
No comparison.
You didn't ask for a comparison you dumb thing - you asked what our taxes go to that we dont like.

Funny how you keep trying to change the discussion to reach YOUR desired goal.

Location hidden

#284860 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read how PP crunches the numbers in its entirety.
You didn't provide any proof that they do this. ALL you posted was anti-choice propaganda.

Location hidden

#284861 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to provide statistics that children as early as elementary ages being subjected to sex education has made any difference in the number of teen pregnancies.
Sure. No problem.

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications...

http://scholar.google.com/scholar...

This study concluded last year is a goodie:

http://journals.lww.com/ajnonline/Fulltext/20...
Most of us figured out there was no mystery behind sex by the time we reached high school.
If that was true, there wouldn't be so many unwanted teen pregnancies you moron.
What's lacking is teaching responsibility and consequences.
That's on the parents. And given the general level of ignorance in society regarding sex education, that's NOT shocking. When we have generations of ignorant young parents passing on their LACK of knowledge to their kids, its a recpie for disaster.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#284862 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
There are three sides to the human condition, a triangle, if you will - the emotional side, the intellectual side and the spiritual side. All three are necessary to achieve a sense of balance, wholeness and well-being.
When one side is missing or out of align, it affects the other two in some way or another.
Instead of spirituality being a fine line from mental illness, mental illness is the result of an unbalanced triangle, spirituality being one of those sides.
Spirituality is not a human condition. I agree that it is a fine line from mental illness that occurs when emotion subdues intellect.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284863 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
There are three sides to the human condition, a triangle, if you will - the emotional side, the intellectual side and the spiritual side. All three are necessary to achieve a sense of balance, wholeness and well-being.
When one side is missing or out of align, it affects the other two in some way or another.
Instead of spirituality being a fine line from mental illness, mental illness is the result of an unbalanced triangle, spirituality being one of those sides.
Put this in context with your claim of being (feeling) freed through forgiveness of Jesus Christ (a man who may or may have not have lived over two thousand years ago) and what do you have? Balance or mental illness? What about your conscience and crossing other people's personal boundaries? That's what was being discussed.

PS I didn't see your comment regarding one man who has ties to Maximus, The Gerard Health Foundation, and Lila Rose. Maximus is the corporation running the Medicaid programs through privatization. They work with the Federal Gov't here and are now international.

Do you find that as alarming as the Affordable Health Care Act?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284864 Feb 19, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer confirms you are about as Christian as the other proabort pagans on this forum. You Sir, are no
Christan.
Who do you think are expecting tolerance from others while not extending it yourself?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284865 Feb 19, 2013
zach wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dicksmoking homo...doesn't it mean you plow each other in the azzhole like sick dogs you sick bastard?.....LMFAO
Looky here! This post sticks while my post telling Guppy I was chiding him/her didn't.

Go figure.

:|
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284866 Feb 19, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the physical. Your triangle is mis-shapen; your theories are archaic.
And that's just for starters, FFJ.
<still shaking my head>

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284867 Feb 19, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, LNM.
"Some dance to remember, some dance to forget..."
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..."
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284868 Feb 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, have you ever seen this one?
http://caw.org/content/...
It's long, but hilarious.
I think you're right about them "spreading the word". One day, my oldest son was doing yard work. A couple of young men, clearly Mormon, came up behind him. He had no idea they were there, until one said "Excuse me.". Well, DS jumped, spun, and yelled "Holy Fuck!", he was so startled. LOL, I was watching from the window. They stepped back, but then gamely went into their spiel. After a few, my son said "Boy are you guys at the wrong house", and started to explain OUR religion to THEM. They left soon after, and then for years we didn't have any religious group at the door :)
LOLOL

What a view you had, Bitner :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284869 Feb 19, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer confirms you are about as Christian as the other proabort pagans on this forum. You Sir, are no
Christan.
LMAO!! Said the faux-Christian.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284870 Feb 19, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Vile pagan. Stop preaching your pagan hate.
Stop preaching your faux-Christian hate.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284871 Feb 19, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
The two greatest commandments are to love God with all our hearts and minds and to love each other as ourselves.
It's all about love.
You might want to remind the talibangelists of this message of love. They seem to've been too busy preaching their version of sharia law on the American citizens while they bowing their heads in prayer.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284872 Feb 19, 2013
Susanm wrote:
I hope that everyone is reporting every post from MalbarCACA.
WTH is he even going on about?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284873 Feb 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure garbage. BTW, you forgot physiological.
I was wrong about the intellect side.

It's really a Physical, Mental and Spiritual Triangle.

Or mind, body, spirit.

Some substitute social for spiritual.

Only three sides. Physiology isn't considered one of the sides necessary for well-being.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284874 Feb 19, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Looky here! This post sticks while my post telling Guppy I was chiding him/her didn't.
Go figure.
:|
Yes, and the fundies seem to have no problem with this guy. I suspect they secretly applaud his hate posts.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284875 Feb 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't ask for a comparison you dumb thing - you asked what our taxes go to that we dont like.
Funny how you keep trying to change the discussion to reach YOUR desired goal.
Besides national security, where do your taxes go that you don't like?

It seems to be a difficult question or else you prefer not to answer it.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284876 Feb 19, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..."
Had a job like that once...

:p
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284877 Feb 19, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
For years we didn't have any religious group at the door.
Ain't that something. Everyone spread the word not to visit your house.
Spreading the gospel goes back as far as 33 A.D.

Believers are in every part of the world - some still face persecution and/or have to worship in secret.

We just take our freedoms for granted.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284878 Feb 19, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and the fundies seem to have no problem with this guy. I suspect they secretly applaud his hate posts.
If those icons are any indication, they love him. He probably says what they *wish* they could say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Earl 3,082
News Obama's own administration now fighting back 1 min OK Barry 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Henry 1,394,578
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 3 min gin 871
News Oklahoma Lawmaker Shares Article Arguing Islam ... 3 min Anymay 102
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 9 min kuda 77
News Jesse Ventura to appeal vacating of $1.8 millio... 11 min Hostis Publicus 3
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min katrina 88 387,831
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 2 hr Bump 233
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 3 hr Mite Be 387
More from around the web