Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,371)

Showing posts 267,401 - 267,420 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Spontaneous abortions and ectopic pregnancies are nature taking its natural course for whatever reason.
Voluntary abortions and knowing exactly what that looks like is different.
ROFLMAO No its not. Tho your kind would LIKE it to be different, medically, its really not. At the end of the day, its the expulsion of an untenable or unwanted pregnancy.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Spontaneous abortions and ectopic pregnancies are nature taking its natural course for whatever reason.
Voluntary abortions and knowing exactly what that looks like is different.
Says who? Medical professionals? Legal professionals?

Or the PLM?
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Didja move to Florida, NR? Got outta Indiana and momma's basement, eh?
Yes, moved to Florida.

I have never been to Indiana. What makes you say that?

No, still in momma's basement in Florida.

I'll let you know if I decide to move again. Want to visit?

If momma moves, I move. I love my momma. She caters to me.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly don't see the need of abortion ever becoming obsolete regardless of technology. It may lessen it to the point of becoming a rarity, but not disappear altogether. To that I agree with you.
Maybe I read something wrong in your post. I thought you were saying already pregnant women would have no need for an artificial womb because they were already pregnant. So I provided an example where it could be beneficial. Y'know?
No, I wasn't saying that at all, except at it pertained to women that were considering abortion

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally dont object to hose laws. I dont know any PC'er's that do.
I DO understand tho that some people DONT think there should BE limitations. I disagree with that.
<quoted text>
Its not contradictory. At least not to me. Has anyone said it is? I honestly dont remember anyone saying or suggesting that, but I COULD be wrong.
You and other PL'ers like you Sue, are not like the extremists like some we see here, who dont think those exceptions should be allowed.
"I dont know any PC'er's that do."
"I DO understand tho that some people DONT think there should BE limitations."

This is a bit contradictory.

There are several pro"choicers" that post here that are against the laws currently in effect that limit abortion, there are also posters that are against any new laws that limit abortion as well.

"I honestly dont remember anyone saying or suggesting that, but I COULD be wrong."

Pro"choicers" on here that have attacked prolifers for their views if they support abortion because of rape, incest, and the life of the mother. One of the clasic questions is: Why do prolifers see those fetuses as less of a person than any other fetus?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You were just asked that, and babbled some, but didn't answer the question. The question was:
""If another Christian asked you why it was necessary Christ die for our sins, could you explain it to them?"
Why are you tossing the question back to STO?
Are you afraid to answer?
My guess is you dont know and are hoping STO will tell you.
Sorry, I thought I answered that question.
I would tell them, that the reason Jesus died for all our sins, is becouse He was the only one that could.
He was sinless, and we are sinfull.

Regaurdless of if you believe people are born that way or become sinful later, we have All sinned and fallen short of Gods Glory.

Jesus had no sin when He died for ours.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it does. And it's against the law.
However, Obama, as we are all learning, is above the law. Power-craving politicians who support him don't seem to care either.
It's why I say we'd all better wise up before it's too late.
Governments who give also take away.
Obamacare is the law.
The Supreme Court said so.
If you followed the last election you would see that it was the Democrats who want government to give and the Republicans who want to take away.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you do NOT speak for G-d. DO try to remember that freak boy.
Gods word speaks for Him, and that is why His Word has been changed, taken away from, added to, changed in so many ways. A person either has to do mountains of study and back tracking or put faith in Gods Word. Even with back tracing, Gods Word was attacked in Greek as well.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>

Planned Parenthood manipulates its numbers to show how much they provide preventative women's health care. They do provide some counseling and contraceptive pills and condoms but, for the most part, they are in the business of abortions.
Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

You have to factor in the cost of ammo and masks into your overhead. You can't make a profit without at least upgrading to mateus...
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Damned it!!!
That's TWO monitors(not the lizard) now!
I'll have y'all here know that this bottle of Thunderbird I'm tryin' to enjoy ain't cheap--even with the .38 caliber discount...
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Husker wrote:
<quoted text> All the above.
Nah, only one of those three state such.

Dontcha have some baby booties to knit?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus had no sin when He died for ours.
Jesus, if he existed, killed a fig tree.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Well, God gave us free will and the devil tempts people with doing things immoral, God still loves you, but hates your lifestyle that the devil tempted you with.
If you read the Bible you will see that it was the serpent who instilled free will in us and God gave us original sin as punishment for heeding the words of the serpent

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

No, but the police had a nice long talk with him. Why? If that how you get sex...anyone who knocks on the door?
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You've lost your edge.
When your stalker found you, did you think he was cute and invite him in?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Being gay requires no validation. But the accusaion was that it's unnatural, and to that charge one must look at nature. According to the national geographic society, over a thousand species exhibit homosexuality, including our own. Homosexuality has been part of our own species aslong as there have been humans.

There are many species who self-abort. And you sure as fu** no nothing about monkeys. If an unattended youngling is discovered by other adults, they will kill and eat it.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you agree with a certain way of life, then you look for other people and animals to validate your way.
How many animals are homosexual?
How many animals are for abortion, becouse they don't want to have all the burdens that come from having babies?
They must feed the baby.
protect the baby.
Teach the baby.
The mama monkey for example, must give up soo much.
She can't swing down to the banana tree with her friend monkeys, with wagging baby monkey with her.
She must protect her baby, which may cause loss of sleep.
Ocean is much better at this, then I am. Lol
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"I dont know any PC'er's that do."
"I DO understand tho that some people DONT think there should BE limitations."
This is a bit contradictory.
There are several pro"choicers" that post here that are against the laws currently in effect that limit abortion, there are also posters that are against any new laws that limit abortion as well.
"I honestly dont remember anyone saying or suggesting that, but I COULD be wrong."
Pro"choicers" on here that have attacked prolifers for their views if they support abortion because of rape, incest, and the life of the mother. One of the clasic questions is: Why do prolifers see those fetuses as less of a person than any other fetus?
Can't you understand that a person can accept a law even if that person wishes it went farther?
That's called "compromise".
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence to support this claim?
Charlotte Allen from the Weekly Standard published this. Other sources publish this information as well. Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

"One way Planned Parenthood massages the numbers to make its abortion business look trivial is to unbundle its services for purposes of counting. Those 10.1 million different medical procedures in the last fiscal year, for instance, were administered to only 3 million clients. An abortion is invariably preceded by a pregnancy test--a separate service in Planned Parenthood's reckoning--and is almost always followed at the organization's clinics by a "going home" packet of contraceptives, which counts as another separate service. Throw in a pelvic exam and a lab test for STDs--you get the picture. In terms of absolute numbers of clients, one in three visited Planned Parenthood for a pregnancy test, and of those, a little under one in three had a Planned Parenthood abortion.

"Moreover, in terms of revenues generated, abortion accounted for at least one-third, probably more, of Planned Parenthood's $345.1 million in clinic income reported for the last fiscal year."

---

I would be glad to post other sources but, again, the contradictory nature of the main stream media nowadays leaves one to determine the truth on their own research and resourcefulness. Personal ideology, unfortunately, plays a much bigger part than the truth itself.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ died for everyone.
Christians are just some of those "everyone ",that came to a place in their lives, where they realized that if there was a Real God, then they are in trouble, and accept by faith that Jesus is who He said He was.
That is not an answer to my question. My question is:

If another Christian asked you why it was necessary Christ die for our sins, could you explain it to them?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a problem for me. Its a problem for you? Tough shit.
<quoted text>
But you're a liberal. Put yourself in someone else's shoes who is very much against their taxpayer dollars funding abortions.

Does that even matter to a liberal such as yourself?

Has democracy really declined to it's your way or no way?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it had EVERYTHING to do with the artifical womb discussion.
Doc opined that an artifical womb would create an atmosphere where abortion would be a non-issue.
I pointed out FACTUALLY, that unless women CHOSE to make use of that technology, abortion would still very much still be on the table.
ALL an ALS womb would be in that scenerio, is a new option for women who were considering abortion. It wouldn't make abortion a 'non-issue'.
Doc acknowledged the point.
This really wasn't a hard discussion to follow, yet you managed to screw it up. As usual.
AGAIN, you try to twist the discussion to suit your agenda.
You falied AGAIN as well Lynne. You always do.
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
~Appreciated.
Would it be fair to say your use of the "legal strict definition of viability" could become practically limitless, as medical technology advances.~

Doc wrote:
<quoted text>
~Theoretically I guess so. I believe even the SC in Casey vs PP acknowledged that the limits of viability were moving earlier in pregnancies as medical technology advanced.
But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore.~

The discussion was about "artificial wombs" being in the sense of what STO had created a hypothetical about, when he suggested an 8 week fetus would be viable. Artifical womb being ALS of a fetus. USING an artificial womb would make viability and abortion a non-issue, which is what I understood Doc to be saying. I didn't understand him to mean "in general".

He can correct me if I'm wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 267,401 - 267,420 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Learn to Read 167,338
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... 6 min Brian_G 9,431
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Chimney1 105,804
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Tinka 1,033,011
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min Brian_G 42,914
Trent Lott to resign Senate seat this morning, ... (Nov '07) 25 min swedenforever 2
Romney's Mass. Health Plan has $50 Co-pay for A... (Nov '07) 29 min swedenforever 2
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 30 min Quirky 217,913
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 40 min NorCal Native 39,421
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 138,304
•••
•••
•••
•••