Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,822
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Anonymous

United States

#284401 Feb 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you googled "Hindu's worship cows" and ignored the first dozen pages where effectively EVERY site acknowledges that they do NOT worship cows - then yes, you're dumb. Worse - you're being DELIBERATELY dumb.
If you recall, this is what many have tried to tell you - you ignore what you're being told and being shown, in your strange quest to alienate posters.
THe very first link that comes up, says:
http://www.religionfacts.com/hinduism/things/...
"Hindus do not worship the cow"
The second site listed - a Hindu site - says:
http://www.nhsf.org.uk/index.php...
"Hindus don't worship cows. We respect, honour and adore the cow. By honouring this gentle animal, who gives more than she takes, we honour all creatures.
Hindus regard all living creatures as sacred - mammals, fishes, birds and more. We acknowledge this reverence for life in our special affection for the cow. At festivals we decorate and honour her, but we do not worship her in the sense that we worship the Deity."
This is not unlike your attempts to demean and dimminish other's views of their faiths. Perhaps you should become familiar with the Nostra Aetate in which the Vatican affirms the validity of other faiths.
In your own stubbornness, you not only alienate posters, you alienate your own faith.
Yes, but feces keeps bringing up the hindus, when I always said "SOME " worship cows. If you go past many post you get to some.

I don't view religion, like hair styles, and that what ever works for you is fine.
I've always viewed religion as either a way to save mankind from what he deserves or it was fake. I just went for years thinking anyone who worshipped anything was an idiot, and was taught to believe the garbage.
(IT IS NOW MY OPINION) based on what I experienced personaly, that their is a God, and one God. I also believe in the word of God as the bible, not the quran or book of mormans, etc.

If someone would like to tell me about their faith in their god, then that would be great, but so far all I've been getting from (MOST), is people who claim to not to believe in any god, but wants to tell me all about my God.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284402 Feb 17, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute moron, your name, "Feces for Jesus" is disrespectful and intolerant of other's beliefs. You rant about bible thumpers yet you're no different in your attack on their beliefs. What makes you think your beliefs, or understanding, is so superior to others that you offer "feces" to theirs? You're just an intolerant, hypocritical POS, no different than those you hate.
Thing is, I don't come on here ranting about what I believe as if it is absolute truth. If I choose to call out religious wackos on their BS, and you don't like it.... then too bad.

Feces for jesus is here: Please enjoy

oh, and go eff yourself.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#284403 Feb 17, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Appreciated.
Would it be fair to say your use of the "legal strict definition of viability" could become practically limitless, as medical technology advances.
Theoretically I guess so. I believe even the SC in Casey vs PP acknowledged that the limits of viability were moving earlier in pregnancies as medical technology advanced.
But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284404 Feb 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but feces keeps bringing up the hindus, when I always said "SOME " worship cows. If you go past many post you get to some.
No, you NEVER get to any that say "some" worship cows, since by their faith's belief, THEY DO NOT WORSHIP COWS.

Period.

You may have found sites by morons that are making that claim, but since its NOT a factual claim, its simply more bullshit on the internet.

If you bothered to actally try to LEARN something about that faith, you'd know that to be true, and stop tying to DEMEAN THEIR FAITH by ignoring the facts.

You're so busy trying to invalidate OTHERS faiths, you're ignoring the facts.

AGAIN, this is what you claimed you would "try" not to do anymore, yet you're not even trying, you're just repeating the same bullshit and trying to justify it.
If someone would like to tell me about their faith in their god, then that would be great, but so far all I've been getting from (MOST), is people who claim to not to believe in any god, but wants to tell me all about my God.
You're lying. Again. I personally have tried to tell you about MY faith, the Jewish faith, and you've ignored it. Numerous times. In fact, you've tried to deman the Jewish faith in the process. You're ignoring everything you're being shown about the Hindu religions, you've ignored everything STO and others have tried to speak to you about regarding THEIR Christian faith, because YOU dont like it and dont believe in it.

Because YOU dont believe in it doesn't invalidate the facts about their beliefs. But AGAIN, you're so busy ignoring what you dont like, you miss the big picture.

Why am I NOT shocked that you're not only incapable of learning something new, but that you dont practice what you preach?

When it comes to faith, its not about YOU, its about the INDIVIDUAL.

Location hidden

#284405 Feb 17, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Theoretically I guess so. I believe even the SC in Casey vs PP acknowledged that the limits of viability were moving earlier in pregnancies as medical technology advanced.
But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore.
I have to respectfully disagree. Abortion would certainly be an issue, because there are women that wouldn't want to have their ZEF transplanted. It would open another option, but it wouldn't eliminate many of the issues themselves.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284406 Feb 17, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I'm not tired of the President speaking up for women at all. The regressive Republicans are the ones who think women are second-class citizens. They make that obvious whenever they come up with new ways to restrict abortion rights for women who WANT them.
So which feminists are saying "knock it off, Mr. President?" Specifics would be helpful.
Well, see, that's just not true. Women have been equal on the playing field for a fairly long time now. A few have even made a run for the presidency and more than a few are in positions of leadership in every aspect of government. Women are respected as much as men in the medical field which didn't use to be the case decades ago. Women are just as athletic and some even more so than men in the sports arena. A few have flown into space and quite a few run big corporations.

This president wants you to believe something that is not true for no other purpose than to cause derisiveness and to create something that simply doesn't exist.

He is actually diminishing the massive strides made in women's rights over the past decades by pretending it never happened.

So the question is why would he do this? The women's movement was a hard fought victory and a thing of the past. No one has been complaining or is even complaining now. Except this president.

“Game on !”

nyc

#284407 Feb 17, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman getting an abortion pre-1973 is breaking the law.
Master of the obvious. We know.( Not in all states, by the way )
A woman protesting against the law is not breaking the law. She is exercising her right to work to change an existing law.
Again.....obvious.

The law was in fact changed, by SCOTUS. What about this don't you get?
Not a thing. Except for one minor thing. None of this has anything to do with my original point, which was....

You said you defended a woman's freedom to choose WITHIN THE LAW. Then you went on to question how anyone could have an argument with such a laudable creed. Yet the fact is you would have NOT professed to live by such a laudable creed pre-1973. In fact, "I" could have said that I lived by such a creed prior to 1973....and you would have had a major argument with it. THAT was the point.
You had two chances to answer and you failed. You no longer have to.........I answered for you.
I never said a fetus is not alive,
You implied it did not meet some criteria for being considered to be alive. Then went on to say that it did not meet the definition of "life".....which brings us back to the original point. The fetus is no doubt a live and developing human. It is the PC that have established the subjectively chosen point at which that life is worth anything or is worthy of protection. How sanctimoniously and self righteously in violation of the fundamental right to life can you be that you would consider the right to privacy as the basis for dictating when a human life should be worthy of protection ?

or a developing human. A z/e/f does not have rights. A woman has rights. A born baby has rights.
To give the z/e/f rights would then revoke rights from women. A woman is a born human being, a z/e/f is not born yet.
The civil rights of the born are already restricted in cases where innocent human life is at stake.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284408 Feb 17, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. People who solicit PERSONAL information really creep me out. It's NONE of their bleeping business.
You must have something to hide. The paranoia on here is off the charts. Everyone is so afraid. It's comical. What is everyone afraid of?

Have you done prison time?

“Game on !”

nyc

#284409 Feb 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree. Abortion would certainly be an issue, because there are women that wouldn't want to have their ZEF transplanted. It would open another option, but it wouldn't eliminate many of the issues themselves.
Point taken.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284410 Feb 17, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't Jesus be "politically corect" today" Wasn't he crucified for being a rebel?
Yes, he definitely was considered a rebel during his day. But if you go back and read some of the scriptures in the four gospels of the New Testament you will find he was rebelling against the political correctness perpetrated by the Jewish religious leaders of his day.

They, too, wanted to silence the opposition.

Location hidden

#284411 Feb 17, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, see, that's just not true. Women have been equal on the playing field for a fairly long time now. A few have even made a run for the presidency and more than a few are in positions of leadership in every aspect of government. Women are respected as much as men in the medical field which didn't use to be the case decades ago. Women are just as athletic and some even more so than men in the sports arena. A few have flown into space and quite a few run big corporations.
This president wants you to believe something that is not true for no other purpose than to cause derisiveness and to create something that simply doesn't exist.
He is actually diminishing the massive strides made in women's rights over the past decades by pretending it never happened.
So the question is why would he do this? The women's movement was a hard fought victory and a thing of the past. No one has been complaining or is even complaining now. Except this president.
Once again, you're full of crap. If you think nobody has been or IS complaining, you're either blind or stupid. Personally, I vote for a bit of both. The "glass ceiling" very much still exists. Women very much still make less than men for the same jobs. There's men that want to control women's medical decisions, while dont you DARE challange theirs.

Get real sister. Maybe YOU are okay with the status quo, but normal women are not.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284412 Feb 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've had an internet stalker, back when I was young and naive and using my real name. Never again. My posting name is a permutation of elements in my real name, and I had someone actually look up a "c peter" in Indianapolis, which of course wasn't me.
<quoted text>
Internet stalker? It's funny how you make up stories. You have a real talent for that. You don't fool me, though.

Young and naive? You are still naive.

It wasn't you because you don't live in Indianapolis. Gee, no brainer. How would you possibly know someone was trying to find you? Rolling eyes and shaking head.

Paranoid much?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#284413 Feb 17, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Sandy packed more of a wallop, personally speaking. She was quite a horror. Meanwhile this one, Charlotte or Nemo (why two names?) was only a big white messy inconvenience. Price we pay for living in New England.
(I've had a couple of years to study Lily's posting manner. She reminds me of one of the Three Mistakes. Must be right, no matter what. Makes me wonder what happened to the Lily child that turned her into such a prideful and generally unpleasant adult. I think she's more to be pitied and not despised.)
Personally, I thought Charlotte was a better name. Nemo is too nautical and better suited for a hurricane.

What is sad about Lily is she seems to have no idea just how obnoxious she is, and I sincerely hope she isn't this unpleasant IRL. She has the abrasive personality of a defiant toddler.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284414 Feb 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you're full of crap. If you think nobody has been or IS complaining, you're either blind or stupid. Personally, I vote for a bit of both. The "glass ceiling" very much still exists. Women very much still make less than men for the same jobs. There's men that want to control women's medical decisions, while dont you DARE challange theirs.
Get real sister. Maybe YOU are okay with the status quo, but normal women are not.
Lesbian's are always thinking the men are out to get them.

Just a bunch of unhappy women. Always looking to blame someone else because of their unhappiness.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284415 Feb 17, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You're oh so humble when it comes to religion, aren't you? Spare us your bull.
Just know where you're coming from.

Talking about saving grace is more like excitement than boasting. Similar to someone offering a cure for a disease that they, themselves, were cured of. Denial of having the disease doesn't mean offering a cure anyway is boasting, is it?

You can always say "no thanks". I'm not arguing with you about it.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284416 Feb 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So "guppy" is your real name?
<quoted text>
Yes, it is. Do you like it?

Cpeter yours?

Location hidden

#284417 Feb 17, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
My first name? It starts with the letter A.
I wasn't calling you a liar. I thought you were being disingenuous because everyone here is pretty mean spirited. Thought you were too. I'll take your word for it. Don't disappoint me. I think the women get very jealous when another woman shows up, Very territorial, I guess. They try very hard to get you to leave their MEN alone. I'm not here to meet a guy, but they seem to think they own the guys on here. Very sad, indeed. Jealousy is not a good trait.
Are you allowed to say where you live? My location is quite evident. Nothing to hide.
That's all you now offer? The initial A? Don't disappoint you, you now command? I offered you courtesy and you return it with a transparent attempt at manipulation. I have been on these forums for sometime as my date indicates. You are not speaking to some airhead who can't think for himself and just fell from the back of a turnip truck. Your assessment of the people here is faulty. Many of them on both sides can be good conversationalists, and you'd find that out if you dropped the manipulation and the pretense and attempted a real discussion.

I know your ip is not new to this forum and you have aroused my suspicions with your attempts at manipulation and to gain trust and information.

You sir, or ma'am, have disappointed me.
Anonymous

United States

#284418 Feb 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you NEVER get to any that say "some" worship cows, since by their faith's belief, THEY DO NOT WORSHIP COWS.
Period.
You may have found sites by morons that are making that claim, but since its NOT a factual claim, its simply more bullshit on the internet.
If you bothered to actally try to LEARN something about that faith, you'd know that to be true, and stop tying to DEMEAN THEIR FAITH by ignoring the facts.
You're so busy trying to invalidate OTHERS faiths, you're ignoring the facts.
AGAIN, this is what you claimed you would "try" not to do anymore, yet you're not even trying, you're just repeating the same bullshit and trying to justify it.
<quoted text>
You're lying. Again. I personally have tried to tell you about MY faith, the Jewish faith, and you've ignored it. Numerous times. In fact, you've tried to deman the Jewish faith in the process. You're ignoring everything you're being shown about the Hindu religions, you've ignored everything STO and others have tried to speak to you about regarding THEIR Christian faith, because YOU dont like it and dont believe in it.
Because YOU dont believe in it doesn't invalidate the facts about their beliefs. But AGAIN, you're so busy ignoring what you dont like, you miss the big picture.
Why am I NOT shocked that you're not only incapable of learning something new, but that you dont practice what you preach?
When it comes to faith, its not about YOU, its about the INDIVIDUAL.
I preach Jesus, becouse I believe He is the one true God, and I give examples where I believe He changed my life, and the life of others, but anyone can preach whatever they wish.

As far as hindus worshipping cows, I assumed when people lead cows around in starving countries, that they worship them. If you search cow worship, you get many sights saying people "including some hindus " worship cows.

Location hidden

#284419 Feb 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynne's arrogance is only eclipsed by her ignorance, her pettiness and her desire for vengence. She has no desire for debate, she's only here to try to obliterate her "enemies". ANd she's a miserable failre at that too. Emphasis on "miserable".
How've you been hon? Its nice to see you pop in again!
How sad. I liked Persevere. This newest manifestation is just abominable.

I've been just fine, thank you. How are you enjoying your new digs and your new state? I thought I'd seen mention made that you were taking a class. How did that work out?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284420 Feb 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Guppy is a raging homophobe and seems genuinely unaware that the rest of the world no longr lives in the 1950's. She'll say incredibly idiotic things and whine when her errors are pointed out.
My parents prized education more than probably any other factor. They encouraged us to learn things even if they weren't career-oriented, and to question anything that seemed incongruous.
I'm not sure they allow "take a child to work" day in medical facilities these days, but I can imagine it: "Now, honey, this is called a speculum--can you pronounce that? Now, you aren't going to BELIEVE what Mommy is going to do with this..."
<quoted text>
Cpeter hates women. He has no idea what he is missing.

No one in their right mind wants to be gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,114,709
Obama: 'Revving' economy calls for higher wages 4 min Sloan 86
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 6 min WeTheSheeple 617
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min positronium 155,249
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 17 min Guy Williford II 205
Planned Parenthood blasts Ernst in new ad 17 min liberals are heros 14
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min loose cannon 178,577
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 37 min positronium 265,378
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 50 min ChromiuMan 117,281

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE