Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,954
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284420 Feb 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Guppy is a raging homophobe and seems genuinely unaware that the rest of the world no longr lives in the 1950's. She'll say incredibly idiotic things and whine when her errors are pointed out.
My parents prized education more than probably any other factor. They encouraged us to learn things even if they weren't career-oriented, and to question anything that seemed incongruous.
I'm not sure they allow "take a child to work" day in medical facilities these days, but I can imagine it: "Now, honey, this is called a speculum--can you pronounce that? Now, you aren't going to BELIEVE what Mommy is going to do with this..."
<quoted text>
Cpeter hates women. He has no idea what he is missing.

No one in their right mind wants to be gay.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284421 Feb 17, 2013
John-K does not live on Long Island. He must be blind and stupid if he say's the soil is bad. Busted, John.
Anonymous

United States

#284422 Feb 17, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I said you're insane. You blab on and on about things you don't know about, like starving children and hindus worshipping cows. Then again, the American use of the word worship has swayed from it's original meaning, but you wouldn't care to know about any of that either.
Maybe you can find a blog by a religous nut, like yourself, that says that Hindus worship cows, but that still won't be true. Do you ever check your sources or are do you just believe whatever you read...... as long as it fits into your world view and your beliefs?
Perhaps a very small percentage of Hindus might worship a cow. It's not as if I am in the Hindu nation taking a census of each person. I will not rule out the possibility. This is called keeping an open mind; something you know very little about.
I worship God, becouse He is WORTHY.
not just an act for an hour a week, but all week long, when I choose to walk or talk a ceetain way, it is worship. Some guys worship their girlfriends, or their cars, and if they lead a cow around everywhere they went, especialy in starving countries, then they worship the cow.

I went from believing in No god, to believing Jesus is God, becouse of my life altering experience. I was born again, and found out a few weeks later who did it, and how it was done.
I moved in with a non religious friend, the night after my salvation experience, and was lead to read a bible and go to church, by whom I call not just my God, but the one and only God.

People have faith in many things, from rabbit feet, to black squirles to give them luck and fortune, and most are usualy not offended in the least when any other is spoken of, it is when someone claims that Jesus Christ is the way to eternal life, that others will either say amen to, or become very defensive. I wonder why that is.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#284423 Feb 17, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people hide their first names and their locations? Kind of hard to track down a Tom from New York City, don't you think?
Yikes! I live in a very, very small town. If people knew my name..........I would have to live in fear. Especially from the women on here. God only knows what they would do to me. Tear my heart out and stick needles in my face. Or worse. Guess I better run around and close the shutters! If you don't hear from me, it's because..........
I find this quite hypocritical of you since 3 people have told you their names, two of us have them as our SN, and you still stick with the Guppy moniker.

Several long time posters know where I'm from and that's as far as it goes on here. Your manipulations are ineffective.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#284424 Feb 17, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I find this quite hypocritical of you since 3 people have told you their names, two of us have them as our SN, and you still stick with the Guppy moniker.
Several long time posters know where I'm from and that's as far as it goes on here. Your manipulations are ineffective.
And immature. Most of us have outgrown the "double dog dare" :) Apparently she has not.

Location hidden

#284425 Feb 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The weirder ones say this.
Pretty sure my old neighbor, Ted Bundy, said the same (long before he made his way into your neck of the woods).
I never trust people who repeatedly say how harmless they are, jmho.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#284426 Feb 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I preach Jesus, becouse I believe He is the one true God, and I give examples where I believe He changed my life, and the life of others, but anyone can preach whatever they wish.
As far as hindus worshipping cows, I assumed when people lead cows around in starving countries, that they worship them. If you search cow worship, you get many sights saying people "including some hindus " worship cows.
Preaching is fine, however many Christians cross the line by trying to enact their beliefs into law.

I'm fine with some christian preaching that abortion is wrong. I'm completely against it when they try to outlaw abortion or verbally assualt women at abortion clinics

I'm fine with some christian preaching that same sex marriage is wrong. I'm completely against it when they try and deny the same rights heterosexual couples have to homosexual couples.

I'm fine with christian kids praying privately in a public school, however, I'm completely against a teacher/administrator led prayers of any religion at a public assembly.

its really quite simple

DON'T BELIEVE IN ABORTION, DON'T HAVE ONE.
DON'T BELIEVE IN SAME SEX MARRIAGE, DON'T MARRY SOMEONE OF THE SAME SEX

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#284427 Feb 17, 2013
Guppy wrote:
John-K does not live on Long Island. He must be blind and stupid if he say's the soil is bad. Busted, John.
You're right.
"John-K" REALLY lives in Englewood Florida!

Methinks you could do with piranha or two in your fishbowl my dear "Guppy!"

;)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284428 Feb 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I preach Jesus, becouse I believe He is the one true God, and I give examples where I believe He changed my life, and the life of others, but anyone can preach whatever they wish.
AGAIN, why am I NOT shocked that you managed to miss the entire point?
As far as hindus worshipping cows, I assumed when people lead cows around in starving countries, that they worship them.[QUOTE]

You ASSume a LOT that you're wrong about - but sadly you're not willing to learn otherwise. It seem's you'd rather alienate people and perpetuate outright LIES.

One last try: There are sites that say people WORSHIP Mary. The FACT is that Christians and Catholics do NOT worship Mary, but they DO venerate her. She is a symbol of something sacred, but she is not "WORSHIPED".

THose that would post that they "worship" her would be WRONG. DOesn't matter how many post bullshit, its STILL bullshit.

[QUOTE] If you search cow worship, you get many sights saying people "including some hindus " worship cows.
Sorry Gtown, as I've proven - you dont find ANY sites of those of the Hindu faith saying they worship cows, since those of the Hindu faith DO NOT WORSHIP COWS - they would say no such thing.

BTW? If you think you're being cute? You're only coming off as being willfully ignorant.

But thank you for proving once and for all that you're not worth even TRYING to have anything resembling an honest discussion with.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284429 Feb 17, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you now offer? The initial A? Don't disappoint you, you now command? I offered you courtesy and you return it with a transparent attempt at manipulation. I have been on these forums for sometime as my date indicates. You are not speaking to some airhead who can't think for himself and just fell from the back of a turnip truck. Your assessment of the people here is faulty. Many of them on both sides can be good conversationalists, and you'd find that out if you dropped the manipulation and the pretense and attempted a real discussion.
I know your ip is not new to this forum and you have aroused my suspicions with your attempts at manipulation and to gain trust and information.
You sir, or ma'am, have disappointed me.
Yes, I think A is good enough. You know my location, but you seem to be hiding yours. Why?

Manipulation? That's funny. How am I manipulating anyone? I think you are in the process of doing that right now. Correct?

Mr. Eddie, if you have been here for a while, why haven't I seen your name before? Do you switch names to confuse people?

My assessment of the people here is faulty? What is my assessment?

You say the people here are good conversationalists, but you have nothing positive to say about them as people. Is that the best you can do ?

I am not here to gain trust...With a group of strangers?

Information? You all have beat that into the ground. Stop with the paranoia. It's not attractive and it's just plain weird.

Attempt a real discussion? How do you know I haven't?

You can stop the pretense.

I just didn't fall off the turnip truck, either.

Location hidden

#284430 Feb 17, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Now plase give that little speech to your proabortion pagan friends.
Excuse me, but I didn't make those remarks about an entire group. They were about one person. There are people I like and dislike on both sides.

If you have an opinion to share I'll be glad to read it.

Location hidden

#284431 Feb 17, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie, its a troll. No matter what someone says or how sinerely, even in an honest reply to a seemingly direct question - its going to have an inflammitory response.

It wants these responses, it feeds from them. That's what trolls do, y'know? <<grin>>

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#284432 Feb 17, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, see, that's just not true. Women have been equal on the playing field for a fairly long time now. A few have even made a run for the presidency and more than a few are in positions of leadership in every aspect of government. Women are respected as much as men in the medical field which didn't use to be the case decades ago. Women are just as athletic and some even more so than men in the sports arena. A few have flown into space and quite a few run big corporations.
This president wants you to believe something that is not true for no other purpose than to cause derisiveness and to create something that simply doesn't exist.
He is actually diminishing the massive strides made in women's rights over the past decades by pretending it never happened.
So the question is why would he do this? The women's movement was a hard fought victory and a thing of the past. No one has been complaining or is even complaining now. Except this president.
You are woefully ignorant. Women are not treated equally in almost every occupation. Women still make less than their male counterparts in most jobs. The glass ceiling still exists. Men continue to expect their women to do most of the domestic work, despite working full time and sometimes earning a higher income. Sexism exists and thrives, today, and women like you are supporting it with your foolish denials.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284433 Feb 17, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I never trust people who repeatedly say how harmless they are, jmho.
Project much?

Eddie is searching for something.

Location hidden

#284434 Feb 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I worship God, becouse He is WORTHY.
not just an act for an hour a week, but all week long, when I choose to walk or talk a ceetain way, it is worship. Some guys worship their girlfriends, or their cars, and if they lead a cow around everywhere they went, especialy in starving countries, then they worship the cow..........

redundant bullshit deleted for inflammitory stupidity.........
I think we've found your problem.

Clearly you dont know the meaning of the word "worship".

Noun
The feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.

Verb
Show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites.

Cars, girlfriends, cows are not deity's you idiot.

Tell me Gtown, what is it you think you will accomplish by alienating pretty much everyone you're speaking to with this nonsense? Seriously?

Is it not your DUTY as a "chrisitan" to lead by example? What example do you think you set when you constantly lie and refuse to educate yourself?

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#284435 Feb 17, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, see, that's just not true. Women have been equal on the playing field for a fairly long time now. A few have even made a run for the presidency and more than a few are in positions of leadership in every aspect of government. Women are respected as much as men in the medical field which didn't use to be the case decades ago. Women are just as athletic and some even more so than men in the sports arena. A few have flown into space and quite a few run big corporations.
This president wants you to believe something that is not true for no other purpose than to cause derisiveness and to create something that simply doesn't exist.
He is actually diminishing the massive strides made in women's rights over the past decades by pretending it never happened.
So the question is why would he do this? The women's movement was a hard fought victory and a thing of the past. No one has been complaining or is even complaining now. Except this president.
Thank you "Phyllis Schlafly!"

:)

Location hidden

#284436 Feb 17, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad. I liked Persevere. This newest manifestation is just abominable.
I've been just fine, thank you. How are you enjoying your new digs and your new state? I thought I'd seen mention made that you were taking a class. How did that work out?
Love the new digs and the new state is fine except I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY done with the snow thing now. Ready for spring!!

I was taking a class to become certified in antique apprasal, and I PASSED last week! I'm doing work at the moment for an estate auction house, and am loving it - especially when I get first dibs! <<grin>>

I'm still in the book thing too, but not with the store at the moment. I'll open another at some point, but at this time, I'm really loving this!
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284437 Feb 17, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
You are disingenuous.

You can see my location. Everyone else has a made up name AND a made up location. So who is hypocritical. That would be you and your cohorts.

Why do YOU want to know my name, if it isn't wise to advertise it here. I see, you want me to divulge my information, but you want to hide yours "EDDIE!"

Pretty sly, "EDDIE!"

If I was so inclined, you would be very easy to manipulate, Sir or Madam.

Location hidden

#284438 Feb 17, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I think A is good enough. You know my location, but you seem to be hiding yours. Why?
Manipulation? That's funny. How am I manipulating anyone? I think you are in the process of doing that right now. Correct?
Mr. Eddie, if you have been here for a while, why haven't I seen your name before? Do you switch names to confuse people?
My assessment of the people here is faulty? What is my assessment?
You say the people here are good conversationalists, but you have nothing positive to say about them as people. Is that the best you can do ?
I am not here to gain trust...With a group of strangers?
Information? You all have beat that into the ground. Stop with the paranoia. It's not attractive and it's just plain weird.
Attempt a real discussion? How do you know I haven't?
You can stop the pretense.
I just didn't fall off the turnip truck, either.
Troll.

Location hidden

#284439 Feb 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've had an internet stalker, back when I was young and naive and using my real name. Never again. My posting name is a permutation of elements in my real name, and I had someone actually look up a "c peter" in Indianapolis, which of course wasn't me.
<quoted text>
The internet has made it so even lazy nuts can stalk people from the comfort of their homes now. Once on an old local forum on here a crazy from NYC started arguing with us over a death at UCONN involving a drunk student driver. This New Yorker made all sorts of threats and kept inviting us all down to his turf. After about a week his posts were gone. Another friend of mine on here who generated a lot of enemies had a guy stalking him on the forums. The guy told my buddy he was going to show up at his front door some day and kick his ass. Nothing ever came of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Nutz 165,226
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 2 min Earl 576
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min SobieskiSavedEurope 131,964
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 min 4 Leaf Clover 2,271
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 6 min Poof1 4,957
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 8 min SobieskiSavedEurope 43
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Fed Up Again 293,171
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 11 min Retired SOF 37
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona 3 hr No way 6
Republican Leader: Keystone Pipeline to Top Sen... 3 hr INFIDEL 26