Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,554
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283482 Feb 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, telling someone to shut the f*ck up. GOOD Christian values, huh? Please, spare us your faux moral outrage.
They're mad the pope is resigning.
S/he's just having a fit.
Anonymous

United States

#283483 Feb 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. They don't worship cows.
Ok, keep saying that, and maybe you will believe it. After all you say, that your sources are even better then goggle.

Many worship budda, which could mean they to worship a cow :)

I've heard, that Buddas first attempt at enlightnment was to not eat. I geuss we see that, that didn't work out. Lol
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#283484 Feb 11, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
+ May God bless all of our beautiful children that have not lived
and may they live. Amen.
Aren't you sure that he does?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#283485 Feb 11, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
So Ratzi the Nazi is stepping down. Best thing that's happened to the RCC in years. He wont be missed my many.
Doesn't matter. He will be replaced by another feeble old misogynist.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283486 Feb 11, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough with that dopey website that proves nothing. For most on there all that is is a vehicle for verbalizing and hopefully thereby assuaging their guilt. I mean c'mon....
the decision to abort was "empowering" ?!? Regardless of which side of the fence you're on can you fathom the idiocy it takes to make a statement that deciding to kill the innocent developing human life inside you empowered you ???
Can you fathom visualizing an unformed, unaware, and unknown embryo as an "innocent developing human life" above and beyond the almost-grown girl or full-grown woman AND giving it precedence over same is the actual idiocy? It'll take extra work on your part to set yourself straight, Doc.
Ocean56

AOL

#283487 Feb 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Yes women may reject marriage or "their " kids at any stage in life.
Women can reject Gods love toward them at any or all time.
Women can allow what they know about God to come from misguided men or women, and blame God for what they were taught.
Most women grow up looking forward to being married and being a mother.
Are you an educated, independent woman ocean?
YES, I AM an educated, independent woman, who makes her OWN sexual and reproductive choices rather than allowing a bunch of male clerics making my choices FOR me.

A growing number of women enjoy being single and childFREE rather than being a wife and/or mother. There are women who are cheerfully done with the whole procreation thing after having ONE child by choice. There are also women who are happily FREE from the toxic baggage of gods, religions, and churches, myself included.

Bottom line; marriage and motherhood are OPTIONAL, not required. Which means a woman can reject either or both for any number of reasons. It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T spiritually chained with a bunch of superstitious, faith-based BULL.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283488 Feb 11, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the law ? How convenient. Would you have said the same thing prior to 1973...and accepted the fact that women did not have the right to obtain a legal abortion ? Or would you have continued to fight for a right you thought they SHOULD have but did not currently...within the law ?
And if you really want to discuss meaningful topics and not just gloat over the fact you were right about who I called a homophobe.....then try this....
Why is it that the RvW court said in their decision that they "need not determine the difficult question of when life begins"....but then turned around and rendered a decision that did JUST that.....or at least determined the equally difficult question of when life did NOT exist during a pregnancy.
You're up.
New York, Washington, California, and a few others had legal abortion prior to Roe. How could you forget this? Gonna take lotsa work to set yourself straight there, Doc.
Ocean56

AOL

#283489 Feb 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
All people must pay for public school, even those who don't have or don't wish to have kids. My wife and I paid for years and years with no kids. If you want fairness for all women, then people should be able to opt out from paying anything to public schools. Plus I was high school supervisor,at a christian school for two years, and we ran the school on waaaay less money then public schools. Home school students would come and get all of their supplies and material, and could blow public school kids out of the water on test scores. The program we used was ACE, and many people are now going this route, instead of dropping their kids off at the zoo you call school.
Did any of this NONSENSE have a point? MY point was that YOU and the rest of the Christian extremist crowd DON'T get to force your toxic religious beliefs on public school students, not anymore anyway.

The LAST place I would go to for an education is a so-called "christian" school.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#283490 Feb 11, 2013
Not me; I'm HIV- and thus a great ad for safe sex. Twinks? Not my thing. Stop projecting.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Vladdy you TEACH safe sex and you have AIDS. Not a great endorsement. You knbow it is all that anonymous twink sex you older gays can't stay away from.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#283491 Feb 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can do this, if they wish or care.
I did do this.
Some say that don't worship cows.
SOME SAY THEY DO WORSHIP COWS.
Provide links that show Hindus worship cows. For once, provide evidence that supports your claim because Hindus do not worship cows. You continued ignorance only reflects your idiocy.
Ocean56

AOL

#283492 Feb 11, 2013
Praise Be wrote:
Bible study and Christian prayer would do our future adults a great deal of good. Our loss of good Christian values is bringing about the downfall of our once great society. Women have become loose Jezebels who sleep around and then enter marriage after having been with many different men. Often will a pack of illegitimate children on tow.
A mockery has been made of the great institution of marriage. People rushing into marriage and then divorcing. People marrying 2, 3 and even 4 times. Lesbians and gays marrying. It's disgusting. Women don't want to be bothered with raising their own kids. They want to be the men in the family now. men are being womized and women are becoming the men.
Oh PLEASE. You're just another militant religionist who is mad that you can't FORCE your toxic beliefs on public school students and on the American population in general. Too bad.

If you're so unhappy with the FREEDOM women now have in America, then move to an extremist religious country. You know, like Afghanistan or Iran, a country where women have NO freedom whatsoever. You'd probably fit right in over there.

Indianapolis

#283493 Feb 11, 2013
I ws never an altar boy. Even then, I knew proper sleep was more important than any silly old mass.
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
By chance were you an alter boy that had a "special" relationship with the priest? I was also raised Catholic, the middle of five, and for awhile we all thought my youngest brother was gay. He has more kids then any of us at four.

Indianapolis

#283494 Feb 11, 2013
Nice steal from wiki. Not that you understood it, of course. But you claimed to have learned a lot about AIDS from the media--and you cnnot know anything about it without knowing what t-cells are.

Elise would be a fantastic caregiver; she knows what she's doing and cares about her patients in a professional manner.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world would I know what a T cell is?
T cell/any of several lymphoytes (as a helper T cell) that differentiate in the thymus, possess highly specific cell-surface antigen receptors, and include some that control some that control the initiation or suppress of cell-mediatead and humoral immunity (as by the regulation of T and B cell maturation and proliferation) and others that lyse antigen-bearing cells - called also lymphocyte - compare B CELL (thymus-derived cell)
Maybe YOU should learn how to spell it correctly, buddy.
If Elise were a nurse, can you imagine someone like THAT taking care of you. Shudders. She's probably an orderly or something of that nature. She very insecure and is looking for credibility. Sad woman.
Was there anything else you would like to know? If you think of anything let me know. I'll be happy to look it up.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#283495 Feb 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, keep saying that, and maybe you will believe it. After all you say, that your sources are even better then goggle.
Many worship budda, which could mean they to worship a cow :)
I've heard, that Buddas first attempt at enlightnment was to not eat. I geuss we see that, that didn't work out. Lol
Your ignorance of other religions is sad.

You are wrong. I don't need to "believe" that. I know you are.

By the way, Hindus and Buddhists are not the same, Ignorant One.

Hindus do not worship cows, nor do Buddhists worship Buddha. In fact, there is no Deity in Buddhism.

Indianapolis

#283496 Feb 11, 2013
Drug companies were hampered by the FDA at every turn. We worked with them to help progress along.

The bulk of the protests were based on the egregious political crap going on, from reagan on down. Do you realize reagan wouldn't even mention AIDS for nearly a year after it became an epidemic, and did not follow government protocols concerning such maladies? When he finally authorized funding for research, it was such a pittance that congressmen on both sides of the aisle volu tarily increased it. On the other hand, congress also outlawed the use of amyl nitrate, which had nothing to do with the virus, and there was talk of establishing quarantine camps for gays.

And in the meantime, thousands of us were dying.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug companies bent over backwards to help you people out. They did an excellent job, in a short period of time. YOU should be thankful, instead of down in the mouth.
I remember all the picketing and marching you all did. Talk about demanding!
Raygun? That was a different time. People thought differently then. That's human nature. You seem to think if you snap your fingers, you should get your own way. It doesn't work like that. Relax.

Indianapolis

#283497 Feb 11, 2013
"good christian values" is a contradiction.
Praise Be wrote:
The culture of death has turned away from the Lord. We need our country to turn back to good Christian values.
What-the

Falls Church, VA

#283498 Feb 11, 2013
I've read all 266,613 posts and decided that Roe v. Wade is....(wait for it...drumroll...)...
Wrong.
Suck it losers.

Indianapolis

#283500 Feb 11, 2013
Were you a virgin on your wedding night?

It's not the 1800's any more. Catch up.
Praise Be wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible study and Christian prayer would do our future adults a great deal of good. Our loss of good Christian values is bringing about the downfall of our once great society. Women have become loose Jezebels who sleep around and then enter marriage after having been with many different men. Often will a pack of illegitimate children on tow.
A mockery has been made of the great institution of marriage. People rushing into marriage and then divorcing. People marrying 2, 3 and even 4 times. Lesbians and gays marrying. It's disgusting. Women don't want to be bothered with raising their own kids. They want to be the men in the family now. men are being womized and women are becoming the men.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#283501 Feb 11, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>

And if you really want to discuss meaningful topics and not just gloat over the fact you were right about who I called a
Very often when I take the time to write posts for the purpose of discussion or answering questions those posts get ignored. Most recently I wrote a detailed response to a question Gtown asked and there was no response.

As you recall, you once accused me of not answering a question you asked, I told you that I had taken the time to write an in depth answer and you didn't believe it, so I hunted down the post to show you. This happens a lot. I can only conclude that the questioner can't refute my responses so they just skip them.

Indianapolis

#283502 Feb 11, 2013
Fu** your non-existant god. You really think threatening an atheist with your pet deity's wrath is meaningful?
Praise Be wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stfu! You and your atheism you love so much! All you do is claim there is no God. Nobody cares what you think about God! Your going to be so surprised when your judgement days comes and you face the ONE TRUE GOD!! THAT will be your PROOF!!! Your the worst! At least the others believe in SOMETHING even though their wrong! You can't be bothered to believe in ANYTHING! You think being an athiest is just so great because your IG-NOR-ANT!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min Sunnier 261,531
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 17 min budd 2,692
Senior Americans burdened with student debt 28 min budd 90
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 38 min Chimney1 116,503
Poll: Voters support legal path for immigrants 53 min Simon 3
D.C. statehood 1 hr WelbyMD 1
US accuses British Airways of hazardous shipment 1 hr Who 1
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 2 hr WelbyMD 167
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr RoxLo 1,109,030
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 hr Son of Man 3,919