Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313195 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Tom Tom

United States

#283299 Feb 10, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinions are absurd.
Yes they are so back off my man!! Im going to be lap dancing on petey for awhile so go amuse yourself with your moms.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#283300 Feb 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your answer on ALL RELIGIONS? Or just the ones you choose?:)
Muslims blow stuff up.
Muslim extremest blow big stuff up.
See the difference?:)
Yes, my answer for all religions is that they are not represented by the extremists who are perverting the teachings of that religion.

You are wrong. The terrorists were not following their religion.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#283301 Feb 10, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no excuses. I corrected you where you were woefully wrong, Witless.
And you're STILL talking about apostasy, which is NOT what the subject was. The charge was that the religion of Islam teaches to kill everyone on earth not Muslim who won't convert. The subject was not the imprisonment of Muslims in Muslim countries who convert TO Christianity.
Stop trying to help, you're only highlighting your stupidity.
So you think it is quite okay to imprison and torture someone for being a Christian pastor.

You don't think this is normal state terrorism?Nice people.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283302 Feb 10, 2013
Dear Peter,

I was kidding about you not being allowed here because you are/maybe gay. You are so sensitive! Have you come to terms about being gay? Sounds like you haven't.

Yes, I run around spreading lies about gays. Everywhere I go - that's all people talk about. Get over yourself. No one talks about gay people. You are paranoid.

Lots of people are being attacked daily - for all types of reasons and sometimes for no reason whatsoever. Do you care about them too? No? I do.

You seem to think you are the only one with feelings. We all have them. We've all been treated poorly at times. Not just gays. Whether you are gay or straight - we are all human and we all bleed, emotionally and physically. No Just You.

I don't believe you are gay - never did. You can stop the charade.
Anonymous

United States

#283303 Feb 10, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you don't understand anything about evolution. You're a sucker for a criminal and a liar.
Well I must admit I like you and foo.

I have an idea, instead of calling someone ideas about something idiotic and running away like a 5 year old, why not offer up some ideas of your own?

You greatest answer is "you just stupid, and don't understand science " which could be the tittle to you vid or book.

Inside it could just be you repeating that statement over and over
Lol
Perhaps come with free stickers, and word.puzzles? Lol

Then you could come out with a new book each month.
Book like "there is no Hell ",by Kenose. Lol

And the soul never dies, becouse there is No soul. By Kenose :)
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283304 Feb 10, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see your very passionate with pagan petey but he's mine so back off!
Gee, you must be in love with the guy.

I hope you two are very happy together.

Frown.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#283305 Feb 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Abedini deliberately broke the laws of iran and knew he could be prosecuted for his pro-christian activities. He left, and then deliberately chose to return to iran, and guess what? THEY ENFORCED THEIR LAWS! There's a difference between bravery and stupidity.
This is why theocracies are not to be tolerated. If you think a christian theocracy would be any better, you're insane.
<quoted text>
What kind of people have laws that torture and imprison human beings that don't agree with their religion? These aren't extremists. They are the everyday people of the country.
Guppy

United States

#283306 Feb 10, 2013
Dear Peter

I just want to add that whether your gay or not i still want to get all sweaty and grunty with you! We can really twist the sheets up!
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283307 Feb 10, 2013
The catholic church banned and the priests prosecuted?

100%.
Anonymous

United States

#283308 Feb 10, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Penatly flag Illegal use of Correlation Fallacy
as inThe fact that prayers (Your god) has been removed from public schools does not mean its the causation of teens have more sex.
First you haven't demonstrated that teens are in fact having more sex.
1. The U.S. population in the Father Knows Best era was between 150-180 million. Its now double that at abouot 311 million. So maybe more teens are having sex because there are more of them
2. Sex wasn't as open back then, pregnant girls were either sent away to have their child or sent where they could get an abortion, or did it in a back alley and many suffered serious injury or died.
However, I think the biggest reasosn there are younger teenagers having sex is two fold
1. Sex sells and is used extensively by business to make a buck. Just lok at that show Toddlers & Tiaras. Sex is everywhere. You can't expect teenagers who are nothing but walking hormones to ignore sex when you throw it in their face 24/7. If you want to blame anyone blame BIG BUSINESS. and who supports big business, the free market and no regualtions on business.....wait for it
THE REPUBLICAN PARTY
2. Kids are maturing at a much earlier age. probably because of all the hormones we feed our livestock
as for responible sex, almost 60% of women having abortions were using birth control
and I don't agree with everything that's going on in this country. I think christian evangelicals can't mind their own business and have way to much political power.
I think any religious organization that enters into the political arena should lose its tax exemption status
no I take that back
all religious organizations should lose their tax exe3mption status
I think the catholic church should be banned, their clergy prosecuted as child moleters or anablers and that Nazi who's running it should be dragged out , whipped and imprisoned with the hardest core criminals
I agree with much of your post, and agree with what we are eating.
Have you seen a chicken breast in gro store?
Plus sex sells, but is very little part of a real long term marriage, when things can happen to kerp married people from having sex, and they must decide to stay together or not.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283309 Feb 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think it is quite okay to imprison and torture someone for being a Christian pastor.
You don't think this is normal state terrorism?Nice people.
I never made either of these statements, or implied any such thing.

Do try to focus, Witless, on what is actually being said. Again, stop, you're just highlighting your stupidity.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#283310 Feb 10, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never made either of these statements, or implied any such thing.
Do try to focus, Witless, on what is actually being said. Again, stop, you're just highlighting your stupidity.
You said it was just extremists and it is not.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283311 Feb 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it was just extremists and it is not.
I never made that statement about those cases, either.

Do yourself a favor, and stop trying to engage me in a battle of wits. You're unarmed, and are just making a fool of yourself.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#283312 Feb 10, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So going back hundreds of years to a time that western christianity went on the offensive against the marauding muslims and persians, which proved to be a very effective move on their part at the time, excuses the killing that some muslims justify by the Qur'an today? I get your point, you don't like christianity or its followers. Some believers have done some stupid things in the past bringing their sanity into question, I agree. So tell me Katie, how many of your babies have you killed?
What? It's not surprising you're blind to your own hypocrisy.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283313 Feb 10, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Dear Peter
I just want to add that whether your gay or not i still want to get all sweaty and grunty with you! We can really twist the sheets up!
You do?
I bet Peter is a woman.
Anonymous

United States

#283314 Feb 10, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my answer for all religions is that they are not represented by the extremists who are perverting the teachings of that religion.
You are wrong. The terrorists were not following their religion.
I am glad to see, that you don't feel any extreme, or horrible thing done in the name of Christ, were true christians.

Most believe what they believe, becouse it is what they were taught.

I used to believe opening an umbrella indoors was bad luck -walking under a ladder -black cats crossing the road in front of you, but if asked why? I wouldn't really have an answer.

Just like being a christian.

Many who claim to be christian, only do so becouse they were taught.

I claim to be a christian, becousr I was woken up by something.
That something just had a way of letting me kniw that it represented God.
that something changed my entire life and core values, to a point, where I thought I was about to be perfect, little did I know. Lol

This something lead me to read a bible "not a quran ",and lead me into all truths yet I'm still in this "body of death ".

I know how others look at christians and scrutinize their every word and deed,becouse for years when I truly didn't believe in God, or hated one if He exsisted, I would do the very same thing.

I now understand much more then I used to.

Just the birthing process alone, is an amazing thing! Yet we have cheapened it down to a mere choice.
Sex is a beautiful thing, but we have cheapened it down to the mechanics of it, with no love or passion. The earth just hangs there, tbe sun burns and burns but never burns up. Man feels superior to all but cannot explain how some things work. It is like I was walking blind for years and years, and now I see :)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#283315 Feb 10, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never made that statement about those cases, either.
Do yourself a favor, and stop trying to engage me in a battle of wits. You're unarmed, and are just making a fool of yourself.
So is this Iranian government extremist or not. or how about Lybia, Sudan or even Syria? Surely you have enough intelligence to answer one question.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283316 Feb 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad to see, that you don't feel any extreme, or horrible thing done in the name of Christ, were true christians.
Most believe what they believe, becouse it is what they were taught.
I used to believe opening an umbrella indoors was bad luck -walking under a ladder -black cats crossing the road in front of you, but if asked why? I wouldn't really have an answer.
Just like being a christian.
Many who claim to be christian, only do so becouse they were taught.
I claim to be a christian, becousr I was woken up by something.
That something just had a way of letting me kniw that it represented God.
that something changed my entire life and core values, to a point, where I thought I was about to be perfect, little did I know. Lol
This something lead me to read a bible "not a quran ",and lead me into all truths yet I'm still in this "body of death ".
I know how others look at christians and scrutinize their every word and deed,becouse for years when I truly didn't believe in God, or hated one if He exsisted, I would do the very same thing.
I now understand much more then I used to.
Just the birthing process alone, is an amazing thing! Yet we have cheapened it down to a mere choice.
Sex is a beautiful thing, but we have cheapened it down to the mechanics of it, with no love or passion. The earth just hangs there, tbe sun burns and burns but never burns up. Man feels superior to all but cannot explain how some things work. It is like I was walking blind for years and years, and now I see :)
Not one bit of this has anything to do with the subject at hand. And much of it is crap.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283317 Feb 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So is this Iranian government extremist or not. or how about Lybia, Sudan or even Syria? Surely you have enough intelligence to answer one question.
Why should I, when it has nothing to do with my point? Those cases have nothing to do with what I was talking about. Not one thing. You don't get to change the subject just because you've been proven wrong in your bigotted statements.
Obskeptic

Oak Park, MI

#283318 Feb 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It didn't take 180+ years. Learn your history.
The liberal courts didn't "discover" it in the constitution until the 1970's. The constitution was written in the mid 1770,s and not adopted until the 1780's, so what history are you referring to. The history you make up for your own convenience?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House prohibits $15-an-hour minimum wage 1 min southern at heart 566
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Badjudgment 1,479,718
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min District 1 234,016
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 7 min Lawrence Wolf 18
News Bruce Springsteen cover band changes tune, won'... 8 min Dodged that bullet 3
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 8 min USS LIBERTY 201
News Sen. Dianne Feinstein says Russian involvement ... 8 min tomin cali 35
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min truecitylife 409,090
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 29 min President Donald ... 17,788
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 1 hr President Donald ... 4,371
More from around the web