Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,226)

Showing posts 264,501 - 264,520 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

bluestreak returns wrote:
Also, the art is very gritty, yet detailed: I am very inspired by Frank Miller, and yet also by George Perez.
LOL I should have read ahead.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

The other projects: a collection of satirical observations on life and the world around us, and I've accumulated so much material, I may need to break that into two volumes. Then there are some ideas for some how-to guides, and some groundwork for a crime novel.
Have you ever read Stephen King's book on writing? Its called "On Writing". I can't recommend it highly enough.

Its funny, you just had me reflecting on knowing Steve Geppi, the owner of Diamond comic distributors. As a kid, I would ride my bike to his first store. LOL It was this horrible little hole in the wall under a TV repair shop in a basment. But it was COOL! He wasn't that much older than I was, and I followed him to all of his shops, and worked for him briefly before going into the army, then getting into books later on. It was cool to grow up in the so called "silver age" of comics, when guys like Geppi and some of the great artists were just getting started. I kept enough of those old books to make some really good money - Steve taught me how to collect. I only wish I'd have paid MORE attention when I was 14 -17 <<grin>>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I would rather my daughter die than to EVER choose abortion as choice. YES!"
"(I'd)'RATHER MY DAUGHTER DIE THAN TO HAVE A LIFE SAVING ABORTION'"
What, iyo, is the difference between the two sentences?
Especailly when I mentioned SPECIFIALLY "life saving abortion" in my question.@@

She's desperate.

“back for a limited time”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO SO Sin City meets Da Vinci Code?
Yeah, it was the graphic we were talking about. You seemed to have a strong feel for good satire as well, and I can see that totally fitting into something like that. Are you a fan of Watchman, Frank Miller? Or "Death: The High Cost Of Living" by Gaiman? Two of my faves!
Did you ever pick up Good Omens by Neil Gaimen and Terry Pratchett? I guarantee you'll appreciate them!
Um, I'd say, Sin City, Miami Vice, and then, take certain rumored conspiracies supposedly hatched by the government, and caught up in the mix, a character I'd created many years ago who, I admit, has evolved before I ever sat down and began committing to bringing him to life. He's more of an antihero, not the "man in the white hat" kinda guy.

Watchmen I liked. Some Gaiman I like, the Sandman series.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read Stephen King's book on writing? Its called "On Writing". I can't recommend it highly enough.
I'd taken some pointers from one Jim Shooter, who I understand was the former EIC at Marvel: he'd offered a comics writing seminar at a comic con I went to. I was in the presence of greatness, let me tell ya! I also had taken many courses in creative writing in college, as well as follow Chuck Dixon's writings on the subject.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Anyway, you'd asked about the graphic novel: one of the backup features will be an extensive gallery of art featuring the characters, solo, posed or in action. And I do mean extensive.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

The gays are out in full force tonight.

Sweet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'd taken some pointers from one Jim Shooter, who I understand was the former EIC at Marvel: he'd offered a comics writing seminar at a comic con I went to. I was in the presence of greatness, let me tell ya! I also had taken many courses in creative writing in college, as well as follow Chuck Dixon's writings on the subject.
OMG I would have LOVED to have been there for that! The closest I came to comic greatness was meeting Stan "THE MAN" Lee at a book show years ago. What a great guy!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Anyway, you'd asked about the graphic novel: one of the backup features will be an extensive gallery of art featuring the characters, solo, posed or in action. And I do mean extensive.
You have a web presence yet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>You have a web presence yet?
Not yet. But, I'm investigating self-publishing via Amazon, as well as designing my own site.

Now here's the rub: I would allow for enough copies to be sold to be profitable, but I also have an eye on the collectibility aspect. Which means, when those copies sell out, they sell out completely.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>OMG I would have LOVED to have been there for that! The closest I came to comic greatness was meeting Stan "THE MAN" Lee at a book show years ago. What a great guy!
For me, meeting Shooter, was perhaps the greatest experience in my creative life. I was honored to meet him, to learn from him, and yet, even more honored to meet him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Let me rephrase it: meeting him and learning from him, were the gretest experiences in my creative life.
Paul Yanks

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

I'm against abortion, you people all should have been swallowed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not yet. But, I'm investigating self-publishing via Amazon, as well as designing my own site.
Now here's the rub: I would allow for enough copies to be sold to be profitable, but I also have an eye on the collectibility aspect. Which means, when those copies sell out, they sell out completely.
Dont get ahead of yourself. You have to get a following, or nothing will be colletable if nobody knows who you are, y'know? I can recommend two decent small publishers that like to take on indi's - you should try that route for the experience if nothing else, and if you CAN land something with them, you save yourself the self publishing fee's. As part of Amazon, you're one of how many thousands of unknowns with no real advertizing backing? If you can get with a publisher, even a small house - you'll not only get the experience of dealing with the market, you MIGHT get lucky, get picked up, and have someone else do the dog work for you.

Feel free to PM me and I'll give you the info if you want. I can also get you some info on hooking up with indi booksellers and comic shops that are the backbone of the industry and can help get your name out here with hard-core readers. If you're actually good at what you're doing, that could be a strong first step.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Let me rephrase it: meeting him and learning from him, were the gretest experiences in my creative life.
LOL I got what you mean. For me it was meeting and hearing Stephen King speak in Georgia last year. That was a life long dream.

Here's a link you might find some helpful info on.

http://www.brodart.com/pdfs/Graphic_Novels/Gr...

Also, this site is known for giving good info on self publishing...

http://www.absolutewrite.com/specialty_writin...
Anonymous

Bhopal, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

hi
welcome to this forum site, here you can find lots of things , i suggest you for your problem you have to contact any other expert ,right now i am not able to give u answer sorry for that

----------

[url=http://www.alladsclassifi ed.com] Top Ten classified website [/url]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont get ahead of yourself. You have to get a following, or nothing will be colletable if nobody knows who you are, y'know? I can recommend two decent small publishers that like to take on indi's - you should try that route for the experience if nothing else, and if you CAN land something with them, you save yourself the self publishing fee's. As part of Amazon, you're one of how many thousands of unknowns with no real advertizing backing? If you can get with a publisher, even a small house - you'll not only get the experience of dealing with the market, you MIGHT get lucky, get picked up, and have someone else do the dog work for you.
Please do. I'll take whatever suggestions in this regard, that you can forward to me. My biggest concerns are, one, I get to retain full ownership of my characters; two, that they'll be color (I don't do b&w comics, and such a format would not lend itself well to what I am wanting to do with the title); three, that it would be aimed for mature readers, and four, that I get good exposure and promotion. Beyond this, all we'd have left to examine would be the editorial and business aspects of the venture.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to PM me and I'll give you the info if you want. I can also get you some info on hooking up with indi booksellers and comic shops that are the backbone of the industry and can help get your name out here with hard-core readers. If you're actually good at what you're doing, that could be a strong first step.
I would welcome this. Whatever you have, I would like to see it.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
Thats because you believe that just wrapping a new package on it or applying your terminology to it somehow magically changes the act. Labeling it anti choice allows people like yourself to discuss it for something that it is not, and that is moral. You can sling your negatives all you want, it means nothing to the argument. I am pro-life. I value human life. When the morality of passing judgement on human life becomes the function of man (or women), then we see just how easy it is to decide that even the most innocent among us have no value IF the women decides its to much of an inconvenience to her. I respect your decision to not have children, that is your choice. I would pity the child left to be raised by your values and character. Why not just get yourself medically sterilized and be done with it?
NO, as far as I'M concerned, you are ANTI-CHOICE, because you want to make sure that a woman has NO choice other than to stay pregnant and give birth. You can call yourself "prolife" all you want. It makes no difference to me.

I'm a happy "done after one" (one child by choice) mom, by the way. And I pity any child who has anti-choice extremists for parents.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

saasssylicious wrote:
Who says she would be "throwing her life away" by keeping her baby?
Well, I can think of several reasons why being a teen mom would NOT be a good thing, for any teen girl.

LIFSTYLE #2 - LIFE AS A TEEN MOM:

- Missing school, falling behind in classes
- Getting up two or three times at night to feed a baby
- Endless diaper changes, including stinky ones
- Losing friends who don't want to be around crying babies
- Staying home with a crying baby while friends are out having fun
- Missing high school graduation, or even having to drop out of school
- Losing out on the dream job/career originally planned

That's why I think it's a good thing for teen girls to be sexFREE (meaning free FROM sex). Being sexfree gives teen girls the greatest advantage they can have; their freedom to BE a teenager, without the tremendous burden of teen motherhood.

It's wonderful how much freedom a teen girl has when she ISN'T pregnant. Girls need to think very carefully about all they risk losing by having sex and possibly getting pregnant. They need to think about it BEFORE having sex for the first time, not afterward. If they only think of it afterward, it may already be too late.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

saasssylicious wrote:
Here we go again...
Yet another girl claiming to not wanting kids but had them anyway and whines about it.
Actually This girls story is very common and my heart does go out to her. Many girls grow up in major dysfunction..example; having a selfish, self centered mom...perhaps one who neglected,abused or didnt't even put their children as top priority. They grew up being afraid to mother a child because they are afraid of becoming their mom or dad to their child.
Sad.
SOME childfree (no kids by choice) girls and women may have grown up in a dysfunctional home. Then again, many have grown up in happy, highly functional families and STILL don't want to have children. They prefer doing other things, like focusing on their jobs/careers or other pursuits they enjoy instead.

It seems to me that you're just pissed at the idea that women can choose to REJECT motherhood with no penalties whatsoever. Tough luck for you. They CAN reject it, and they don't need your approval or permission to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 264,501 - 264,520 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••