Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,078
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#274323 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Uh oh, I see a Schism on the horizon. This should be fun!
I have never in my whole life met a Christian who put any stock in the Big Bang theory.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#274324 Jan 3, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>That would be God the Father not God the Son.
Is there a difference to you Xtians??? Don't y'all believe those two are the same, or are you now suggesting they're not?????

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#274325 Jan 3, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you say it doesn't make it a fact.
Sassy said that was a "fact"? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#274326 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"everybody lies"
I assume that means you too. Why do you feel the need to lie so much? The truth is always a better option unless you are doing something you don't want anyone to know about. Is that your reason for being deceitful?
Where exactly did she say she feels the need to lie so much? How much more pompous can you get?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#274327 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You make me laugh. Here foo(l)calls me skanky,yet you want ME to address her without the (L)added to foo to GAIN respect? Tell HER that okay? She IS a fool. Her contradicting posts prove that. I ,OTOH,am NOT a skank. Nevertheless,it bothers me not. I am not impressed by her maddawg personality.
Judaism forbids abortion on demand. Catholism does too. Even Muslims forbid abortion. I am against it. Foo is not. She,like you,support killing as choice. She is a fool to then claim to be a "practicing" Jew.
""""" Foo believes women should be free to make their own decisions""" """
I do too UNTIL that decision kills or hurts another.
As far as abortion,her religion FORBIDS that decision and foo doesn't care..hence,her stance.
The Catholic Church thinks ALL life is sacred-Mom and child. BOTH are valuable. BOTH deserve respect. BOTH are equal.
Once again,you focus on the RARE cases of actually a mother dying while pregnant to justify over 55 MILLION abortion in this country alone. Who are you trying to play here? Me? Don't be silly.
Yes, her religion forbids it for Jewish women.
Your religion forbids it for Catholic women.

This does not mean every f'n woman in America is Jewish or Catholic. Out of you and Foo, Foo understands this. That's another reason why she doesn't want to see abortion criminalized. She wants Jewish women to be able to obtain one if necessary and she wants other women able to determine their own lives without dictating what her religion forbids.

How come you haven't understood this the first gazillion times it's been explained, oh so ignorant one?
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274328 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. I have zero respect for the brand of "faith" the basement boy professes to have, so why should I show respet for it? Do we EVER see him show respect by posting the word spelled as the Jewish faith spells G-d?
He's just another Jackass for Jesus.
There No Relevance, I capitalized it. Happy?
My Jewish friend tells me that people like you and cd are not the norm in the Jewish Faith. Most Jews do not spend so much time condemning and mocking people of the Christian Faith. As far as mocking Jesus, he stated a rabbi once said to them it would be silly to attack the validity of the existence of Jesus, since most of our (Jewish) history cannot be proved, that is the part called Faith. He believes Jesus was one of many prophets that come along to try and right the ship od state, so to speak. Does he beleive he was the "Messiah", no of course not. Still he understands why many would read the old teastament and find the idea appealing.

A real good and decent person, unlike you and cd. He realizes we both pray to the same God.

Either you are a person of Faith, as w eChritians are as well, or you are a pagan. You talk like the pagans, you follow the vile practices of the pagans. So why should one bleeive you are nothing but another one of these proabortion pagans?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#274329 Jan 3, 2013
Jm wrote, " God gave us a free will to choose him."

How juvenile and gamey is that? I mean really, JM, you're basically saying there is no free will.

If you choose free will and go against God, you are thrown into the pit of eternal fires and damnation. If you choose god's will, there was no free will to begin with.

It's all circular reasoning. And you fully believe in it, think it makes sense, and you want others to believe in it, too.

Worst of all, you use this circular logic for a reason to steal women's civil rights of self-determination. All while claiming innocence and saying it's God's will.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274331 Jan 3, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to make an attempt of explaining this to you, in the hopes that you still have a neuron, or two, active in your brain.
It's interesting how you take the word of an atheist (no pun intended Bobby) to prove your theism and your bigotry towards Jews and Judaism.
Bobby's interpretation, while not entirely incorrect, leaves out a very important qualifying word (again, no disrespect to you Bobby); MAY.
Every person with an iota of knowledge of the English language knows that what a person "may," or "may not" do, isn't a testament to what can, or cannot be done, or to what is mandated, or is not mandated. Judaism teaches that while the unborn's life, as potential human life, is valuable and it "may not" be terminated "casually," the life of the unborn does not have as much value as a life in existence. As such, it isn't superior to the life of the mother.
Bobby's post expressly states that Judaism does not forbid abortion.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
And here is where the meaning of "may" hits the nail on the head; a woman "may" terminate her pregnancy by way of abortion, if on her own she determines that the abortion isn't being done as a "casual" way of controlling birth. Two examples of abortion being "casually" would be if a promiscuous single Jewish woman engaged in unprotected sex, got pregnant and didn't want to carry the pregnancy to term because she wanted to continue having sex with multiple partners, or if a woman had committed adultery and ended up pregnant from her adulterous affair and wanted an abortion so her husband would not find out about the affair. In both cases neither could have an abortion, under the caveat that Judaism does not forbid either from having an abortion.
Contrary to Catholicism, Judaism does not forbid birth control. In fact, the preferred form of birth control in Judaism, is the birth control pill. Judaism does, however, limit the type of birth control that can be used. Judaism teaches that any form of birth control that either destroys the man's "seed" or blocks its passage, is forbidden for the purpose of birth control. As such, with regard to birth control alone, condoms, diaphragms, and the like, are not permitted by Jewish law. However, many believe that if a man is infected with HIV or HSV II (and having an active outbreak of it) and is married, he "may" not abstain from sex. In the interest of preventing a spread of the infection, he can use a condom to have sex with his wife. Since Judaism teaches that sex is the woman's right and not the man's right, a man cannot deprive his wife of sex, if she asks for it. The opposite of this (if the woman was the one infected with HIV or HSV II and is having an active outbreak) is also true.
To surmise, Judaism does not forbid abortion and only restricts it so that it is not used as a "casual" means of avoiding carrying a pregnancy to term.
Hopefully you'll be in a better position to understand the meaning behind Bobby's post. In the alternative, you're welcome to do your own research on Judaism, if you believe I'm incorrect.
Keep backpedaling and hope by kizzing old pasturized bubba azz, he will bail you and the foobot out.

Haha!
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274332 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm going to make an attempt of explaining this to you, in the hopes that you still have a neuron, or two, active in your brain.
It's interesting how you take the word of an atheist (no pun intended Bobby) to prove your theism and your bigotry towards Jews and Judaism.
Bobby's interpretation, while not entirely incorrect, leaves out a very important qualifying word (again, no disrespect to you Bobby); MAY.
Every person with an iota of knowledge of the English language knows that what a person "may," or "may not" do, isn't a testament to what can, or cannot be done, or to what is mandated, or is not mandated. Judaism teaches that while the unborn's life, as potential human life, is valuable and it "may not" be terminated "casually," the life of the unborn does not have as much value as a life in existence. As such, it isn't superior to the life of the mother.
Bobby's post expressly states that Judaism does not forbid abortion.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
And here is where the meaning of "may" hits the nail on the head; a woman "may" terminate her pregnancy by way of abortion, if on her own she determines that the abortion isn't being done as a "casual" way of controlling birth. Two examples of abortion being "casually" would be if a promiscuous single Jewish woman engaged in unprotected sex, got pregnant and didn't want to carry the pregnancy to term because she wanted to continue having sex with multiple partners, or if a woman had committed adultery and ended up pregnant from her adulterous affair and wanted an abortion so her husband would not find out about the affair. In both cases neither could have an abortion, under the caveat that Judaism does not forbid either from having an abortion.
Contrary to Catholicism, Judaism does not forbid birth control. In fact, the preferred form of birth control in Judaism, is the birth control pill. Judaism does, however, limit the type of birth control that can be used. Judaism teaches that any form of birth control that either destroys the man's "seed" or blocks its passage, is forbidden for the purpose of birth control. As such, with regard to birth control alone, condoms, diaphragms, and the like, are not permitted by Jewish law. However, many believe that if a man is infected with HIV or HSV II (and having an active outbreak of it) and is married, he "may" not abstain from sex. In the interest of preventing a spread of the infection, he can use a condom to have sex with his wife. Since Judaism teaches that sex is the woman's right and not the man's right, a man cannot deprive his wife of sex, if she asks for it. The opposite of this (if the woman was the one infected with HIV or HSV II and is having an active outbreak) is also true.
To surmise, Judaism does not forbid abortion and only restricts it so that it is not used as a "casual" means of avoiding carrying a pregnancy to term.
Hopefully you'll be in a better position to understand the meaning behind Bobby's post. In the alternative, you're welcome to do your own research on Judaism, if you believe I'm incorrect.
You and the foobot are backdelaing you butts off trying to get around what pasturtized bubba said is the "real" Jewish position.

You are kizzing his azz hoping he will come on and bail you put.

Gotta love it.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274333 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Well then, you're the first xtian who says I'm not going to hell. Can I quote you on that????
Redemption is possible for all, even you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#274335 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick English grammer lesson for you.
http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/nouns-prop...
We get your point about Jesus, foo.
Clearly you dont if you feel a need to lecture about capitalization.

Location hidden

#274336 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about a sinful nature? We said little kids lie on their own. Sometimes is the most amusing ways. We, parents have to teach them to own up. Why take a simple comment and turn it into a stupid disscussion of 'the sinful children'? Guess you have nothing else to do.
Wow. Inkstain is playing stupid again. Shocker.

Go back and follow the discussion you idiot. It started when a poster claimed that children are BORN knowing how to lie because of original sin.

Location hidden

#274337 Jan 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Many are taught the wrong thing, when it comes to evolution and Jesus Christ.
That's your OPINION nothing more. Others believe YOU were taught the "wrong thing". The FACT is nobody can say who's "right or wrong" when it comes to spirituality.
Satan is the god of this world,
Uh no. Satan isn't a "g-d" at all, of ANY world. ESPECIALLY not of YOUR faith.
and has many religions -
Incorrect again. Only Christianity and Islam believe in Satan as an entity. Christianity represents Satan as a fallen angel, & Islam represents him as a djinn.

Location hidden

#274338 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not know the names but you 'should' know the work.
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/his...
ROFLMAO You're giving a link to a second rate biased book about christianity to try to tell me I should know the work of the dude who's name nobody's ever heard of?

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You're an idiot Inkstain.

Location hidden

#274339 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> If that womans choice is to electively kill,then you support that death/killing.
Says who? I certainly never said that. Jesus cries when you lie.
Judaism forbids it.
You don't. You want a woman to have that choice to keep or kill her child.
Judaism agrees with allowing those women to have their choice.

Try actually READING the offical view of the American Jewish Congress this time Skanky. Its been publiished in the newspapers and stands as the view of MOST Jews to this day.

Dear Friends,
Did you know that abortion can be a religious requirement? Not just
permitted, but required!
In some religious traditions, if the fetus endangers the life of the
mother, abortion is not a matter of choice; it is mandatory!
The conflict over abortion is not between "secularists" and "religionists,"
between "moral" people who value life and "immoral" people who do
not, but between different moral traditions, different understandings of
the sacredness of life.
According to some religious traditions, the sacredness of life can be
diminished far more by callousness to those already born than to the unborn,
however precious their promise.
These religious traditions believe that the sacredness of life requires
in some circumstances that the woman's well-being takes precedence over
that of the fetus.
Legislation that denies a woman's choice is objectionable not because
it limits some abstract notion of unrestrained freedom, but because it may
inflict irreparable damage to the human dignity of the woman who is carrying
the fetus.
Judaism affirms that nascent life has great value.
But it is not the only value.
In the face of the kind of desperation that drives women to risk their
lives and mutilate their bodies rather than carry the fetus to term, no one
has the right to say that other conflicting values do not exist.
When faced with such conflicting values, individuals should be able
to turn to their own moral traditions or religious faith for guidance.
Government has no business preempting that very personal process,
leaving women trapped without a choice.
We do not propose that a particular religious view of abortion find
expression in legislation. That would be violating someone else's religious
freedom. And many people's moral choices regarding abortion are deeply
personal, and not determined by any particular religious tradition.
In the face of such great moral and religious diversity, the proper role
of government in a free society is to allow different traditions to advocate
their respective views, and to leave the decision to the woman, answering
to God and to her conscience.

http://www.violence.de/ajc/ajc.pdf

It was introduced and REINTRODUCED a number of times to the Senate Judiciary Committee as the question has come up in politics.
How can you say that you are a practicing Jew?
Easy. Becasue I am.

How can YOU claim to be a christian, when you clearly violate EVERYTHING your jesus stands for?

Location hidden

#274340 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>I know what he said. As per usual,you jump in head first in attack mode without actually comprehending what was said.
He is specifically making the false claim that "MOST JEWS BELIEVE THAT ABORTINS MAY BE WARRANTED" and that is false.
That is NOT false, its FACTUAL which is why its reserved as a REQUIREMENT by our faith in certain situations.
ALL practicing/authentic Jews don't support killing/abortion.
Yes Skanky, if they're following their faith, ALL "authentic" as you say, Jewish people DO realise that occasions exist where abortion MAY be warranted.
Let me explain further.
Dont bother, because all you're doing is lying.

Here's the facts. Its an ACCEPTED REQUIREMENT of the Jewish faith that abortion MAY be warranted, and IF it is - as determined by a doctor and a rabbi, it's a REQUIREMENT to save a woman's life.

There is no such thing as an "authentic Jew". If a person is Jewish, they're Jewish - period. There's no such nasty distinctions within the Jewish faith as your kind create for Catholics that dont live up to your expectations such as "cafeteria" or whatever. There ARE different denominations from Humanist, Reform, Conservative, Orthodox, Ultra Orthodox, etc... The Jewish laws are the Jewish laws, and the Jewish law regarding abortion is someting that doesn't change.

The FACT IS that Jews simply dont have the theological issues Catholics do with abortion. Period.

Now you can try to twist that to your hearts content, you certainly have ZERO respect for the beliefs of other faiths in this regard, so I dont actually expect you to 'get it'. However others reading here do and WILL get it, so I dont mind repeating this stuff now and again as you feel a need to make an ass of yourself repeatedly by trying to invalidate and demean the Jewish faith.

The saddest part is you only demean and invalidate yourself and your own views when you do this.

Carry on Skanky.

Location hidden

#274341 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> My "fuckedup religon's view"? Ummm....your daughter is a Christian and so is your so called wife so I guess we share the same "fuckedup *religon*" huh?
You're not a christian, and thus I'm not refering to my daughter OR my wife's faith.

Neither one is Catholic, they dont believe in that bullshit either.

Location hidden

#274342 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You claim to be a practicing Jew. Jews forbid elective abortion,while you support a womans right to electively abort.
Nope, I support her right to make her own choice.

Whether or not I support the choice she makes is irrelevant as its none of my business, but would depend on the circumstances.
BULL that they don't want elective abortions made illegal. Stop making things up to suit your pro-death agenda. You fool nobody but yourself and other wishy washy people.
Oh fkoff Skanky. I"m not making a thing up, but YOU are. I just posted the OFFICAL view of the American Jewish Congress which makes it VERY clear they and the Faith as a leadership does NOT SUPPORT MAKING ABORTION ILLEGAL. The Jewish faith's leadership and MOST of its members would NOT support abortion being made illegal as I've proven time and again, since our faith makes it a REQUIREMENT under certain circumstances.

You can say "bull" until a cow pisses in your mouth for all I care, its the FACTS of my faith. Period.

Location hidden

#274343 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>""" "most women who have abortions go on to live their lives without remorese or guilt about it""""
That is an outright lie.
Says who Skanky? You're anti-choice websites? LOL
Gtown71

United States

#274344 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your OPINION nothing more. Others believe YOU were taught the "wrong thing". The FACT is nobody can say who's "right or wrong" when it comes to spirituality.
<quoted text>
Uh no. Satan isn't a "g-d" at all, of ANY world. ESPECIALLY not of YOUR faith.
<quoted text>
Incorrect again. Only Christianity and Islam believe in Satan as an entity. Christianity represents Satan as a fallen angel, & Islam represents him as a djinn.
That's my whole point -my Rightousness, is not something I was taught, it is something that was "imputed " to me by God Himself.

The night I was saved (born again), I was justified in the eyes of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 10 min positronium 572
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Smart Alex 1,155,849
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min woodtick57 294,350
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min litesong 49,321
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 15 min Pepper 5,181
Who hacked Sony becomes Internet's new mystery 22 min woodtick57 8
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 24 min Avenger 128
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 33 min dirtclod 133,992
Key developments in case of 2 slain NYPD officers 6 hr Deo Vindice 2
More from around the web